2024 NFL Week 6

backrow

Hall of Famer
Zach Allen is having a great game. Just tackled a RB for a loss.

Maxx Crosby with a sack for the Raiders!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bowers 9 catches, he remains the leading TE in the league as a rookie

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Prescott and the Cowboys being slaughtered at home by the Lions, another great game by Goff.

Warhawk_46

Master
Dallas continues to circle the drain the fewer white players it has…

Mike McCucky continues to disappoint. What Luepke hurt today? Not a single touch.

Riggins44

Master
After this thrashing of the Cowboys by the Lions at home, what are the chances that the Dallas management will look at the racial composition of the two teams at QB, offensive line, and especially defense, and maybe consider they should add some more white players to their mix? Yeah I know, between slim and none.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Prescott and the Cowboys being slaughtered at home by the Lions, another great game by Goff.

Prescott is the most overrated QB in the league. Seems like time is catching up to him quicker than normal for a QB. The fact the Cowboys just signed him to another 4 year 240 million dollar contract is laughable but it will certainly hinder the Cowboys franchise for the next several seasons as it becomes obvious Prescott's window has closed.

NEP01

Guru
What makes the Hutchinson injury even worse is that he's eligible for a contract extension next offseason.

Regarding the Hutch injury, I believe it looks worse than it actually is. A tibia/fibia break is actually preferable to something like an ACL. Still a season ender in all likelihood but not career threatening.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's concerning that in a game in which the Detroit offense could do whatever it wanted, Sam LaPorta only had one catch. It was a 52 yard TD, but still his usage this season so far is a fraction of what it was last year when he was a rookie.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Regarding the Hutch injury, I believe it looks worse than it actually is. A tibia/fibia break is actually preferable to something like an ACL. Still a season ender in all likelihood but not career threatening.
I would tend to agree, let’s stay positive. They have a lot of white defenders and it seemed like Trevor Nowaske benefited.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Joe Burrow with a 47 yard TD run!
"Who could have ever imagined it would be his legs?" marveled Crissie. Actually, a lot of people as Burrow has always been pretty mobile and has rushed for as many as 257 yards in a season in the NFL.

Snow Plow

Mentor
"Who could have ever imagined it would be his legs?" marveled Crissie. Actually, a lot of people as Burrow has always been pretty mobile and has rushed for as many as 257 yards in a season in the NFL.
There is no value in that type of commentary. He should mention that it was a great read and overall play and leave it at that.

TwentyTwo

Master
Before his gruesome knee Injury in the NFL..... while at LSU Burrow rushed for nearly 800 yards & 12 TDs in 2 seasons. He actually had a 100 yard rushing game vs Texas A&M & 96 yards vs Alabama (not including Sacks)

Crissie do your homework son!

Hated that for Aidan. Yikes Football can be brutal!

The Hock

Master
Prescott is the most overrated QB in the league. Seems like time is catching up to him quicker than normal for a QB. The fact the Cowboys just signed him to another 4 year 240 million dollar contract is laughable but it will certainly hinder the Cowboys franchise for the next several seasons as it becomes obvious Prescott's window has closed.
As Don Wassall has pointed out before, upsider QB's tend to decline at a younger age.

Not that Prescott was ever all that and a bag of chips anyway.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
This is the first NFL Sunday where I didn’t watch a minute of any games. Was busy with other stuff but don’t feel like I missed much ready the posts here and scanning the boxscores. With the Hutch injury, it’s just another check in the disappointment category. Kupp, Theilen, McCaffrey, Hockenson and others succumbing to injury. Then there’s a lot of star TEs being ignored week to week. Very little opportunity and success for the 4 rookie running backs….I’m hoping things get better but there has been much to gripe over so far.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This is the first NFL Sunday where I didn’t watch a minute of any games. Was busy with other stuff but don’t feel like I missed much ready the posts here and scanning the boxscores. With the Hutch injury, it’s just another check in the disappointment category. Kupp, Theilen, McCaffrey, Hockenson and others succumbing to injury. Then there’s a lot of star TEs being ignored week to week. Very little opportunity and success for the 4 rookie running backs….I’m hoping things get better but there has been much to gripe over so far.
I agree with everything you wrote above. It's been one of those years, including at linebacker. Troy Andersen has perhaps the best individual game by any defensive player all season and immediately misses the next two games with some kind of knee issue. Josey Jewell, Pete Werner and others can't stay healthy, Cole Holcomb may never play again.

Looking at the proverbial bright side, a number of White QBs are playing great and more than a few Black ones have been bad, some really bad. Carson Steele had a genuine opportunity to be a starter as an undrafted rookie but two early fumbles ended that, self-inflicted. Shipley is stuck behind Barkley but still should be able to have a very good pro career. Kupp, McCaffrey and Thielen should be back soon and Pearsall is practicing and should make his debut soon. Bishop and DeJean are healthy and playing and Moss looks great.

The tight end decline is a real head-scratcher but is across the board at the position. Bowers has been terrific if not yet used creatively and Kraft looks great. Andrews is finally being used again and Kelce's last two games have been Kelce like. Kittle has been very solid.

The league as a whole seems duller this year, not as many stars as usual, offense in general seems down and more spread out statistically. The Lions scored 47 points yesterday yet other than Goff no one on offense had eye-catching stats. Montgomery was the leading rusher with 80 yards while Gibbs had 63, the three leading receivers had 76, 73 and 68 yards respectively, while "stars" LaPorta and St. Brown had just 52 and 37 and all of LaPorta's yards came on a single trick play.

Hopefully it gets better from here for the guys we root for.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Looking at the proverbial bright side, a number of White QBs are playing great and more than a few Black ones have been bad, some really bad. Carson Steele had a genuine opportunity to be a starter as an undrafted rookie but two early fumbles ended that, self-inflicted. Shipley is stuck behind Barkley but still should be able to have a very good pro career. Kupp, McCaffrey and Thielen should be back soon and Pearsall is practicing and should make his debut soon. Bishop and DeJean are healthy and playing and Moss looks great.
I didn't get watch as much NFL yesterday as I would've like to, but looking at some of the stat boxes, Ladd McConkey is getting targeted, 4/43 and QB Bo Nix is playing well for a rookie. 19/33-216 yards and 2 TD passes and 61 yards rushing on 6 carries...and watched some of the Bengals/Giants game, Hendrickson with 2 sacks.
I look for Dejean to break a long punt return for a TD. 4 returns for 51 yards.
As you said Don, still some bright spots out there!

Last edited:

The Hock

Master
I watched some rare live football, Bengals/Giants, at a pizza joint. Don't know which was worse, the pizza or the game, a punt trading boredom marathon with the former and or unasked for extra cheese (yet another Gen Z space case employee fail) with the latter.

Goff was a real bright spot though this weekend.