2024 NFL Week 5

Warhawk_46

Master
Seven different Chiefs have caught passes from Mahomes so far… neither Watson nor Steele among them.

Steele with just one carry. Hunt with 9 or 10 so far. Carson is better than Hunt, no doubt about it.

jacque

Guru
I don't blame that fumble on Steele at all. It was a bad play call.
Neither do I, every Chiefs fan in existence is calling for his head on Twitter. But reid is smart enough to know that wasn’t Steeles fault I’d hope.

Warhawk_46

Master
Ok… Carson is done. He fumbled again. Loss of 10 yards. WTF? Trick play or not, he has to hang onto the damn ball.

Warhawk_46

Master
I don’t disagree with it being primarily Kelce’s fault as he never saw a blocking opportunity he didn’t shun… but at the end of the day Steele needs to hang onto the ball. Especially given he just lost a starting role due to fumbling… he is an undrafted (unwarranted but was) white running back who was fortunate to have the first -string back get hurt and had his destiny in his hands…

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I don’t disagree with it being primarily Kelce’s fault as he never saw a blocking opportunity he didn’t shun… but at the end of the day Steele needs to hang onto the ball. Especially given he just lost a starting role due to fumbling… he is an undrafted (unwarranted but was) white running back who was fortunate to have the first -string back get hurt and had his destiny in his hands…
Steele was trying to hand the ball off to a teammate. I'm not so sure he saw the DE or LB coming.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Steele gets back in the game and goes for 6 and then 5 yards on back to back plays.

Warhawk_46

Master
I will give Andy Reid credit where credit is due. He knows Carson is a huge talent and continues to utilize him. I’d imagine the wheels will fall off the Hunt experiment sometime soon and Carson will be featured.

I’m glad he is on the Chiefs.

Snow Plow

Mentor
He also opened the second half with a 29 yard KO return and just returned the last one to the 30. Bust Skyy Moore muffed one earlier.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Bresee with the sack and that gives him 4 on the year. He has 4 total tackles and 2 qb hits on the night.

Warhawk_46

Master
Bresee with the sack and that gives him 4 on the year. He has 4 total tackles and 2 qb hits on the night.
Bresee really playing well so far. We have several young white defensive tackles making plays so far - Bresee, Fiske, Phillips, Gaines.

jacque

Guru
IMG_4868.jpeg

Just a couple weeks ago broncos DWFs were calling for him to be benched despite never giving up a TD

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
View attachment 4639

Just a couple weeks ago broncos DWFs were calling for him to be benched despite never giving up a TD
I wonder if we are going to have another Jason Sehorn situation on our hands. For a season or 2, Jason was the top shutdown CB in the league despite being the only White man being allowed to play the position. Will Riley Moss also develop in the same way? I hope so.

Warhawk_46

Master
I wonder if we are going to have another Jason Sehorn situation on our hands. For a season or 2, Jason was the top shutdown CB in the league despite being the only White man being allowed to play the position. Will Riley Moss also develop in the same way? I hope so.
He has all the talent in the world to. He is dominant.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Let's hope Cooper DeJean joins him so he's not so much on an island. If the top two CBs are White, or two of the top ones, that might open some more DWF eyes.

jacque

Guru
Let's hope Cooper DeJean joins him so he's not so much on an island. If the top two CBs are White, or two of the top ones, that might open some more DWF eyes.
I really hope DeJean does great, I actually believe it or not think Moss will be the better corner.

Moss is just a pure corner, truly glue in coverage. I haven’t seen anything yet from DeJean that shows he’s the same caliber in man coverage. Moss genuinely looks insanely good. DeJean makes most of his plays in zone, jumping routes. I hate to say it but I think DeJean could be a better safety than corner.

At the end of the day, we haven’t even seen him play yet, so who knows! Could be all pro caliber for all we know.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Justin Watson played 70% of the snaps against the Saints, more than any KC receiver, yet didn't have a single catch. By contrast, JuJu Smith Schuster was brought in from the NFL scrap heap and responded with 7 receptions for 130 yards. I had hoped Watson would benefit from the Chiefs losing two starting receivers for the season yet Mahomes never looked his way. Justin is the definition of a decoy, what a shame as he's tall and talented.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

This reminds me of "The Game of Thrones" Meme where they force Anna to look at what's happening. Great plays by Riley Moss.
Maybe we should call him the "Mossinator"?