2024 NFL Week 1

jacque

Guru
Steele gets 2nd and long carry while chewing the clock and faces a wall of defenders expecting him. Small loss of yard, made moves behind the line of scrimmage.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Ravens lose. I’d say the defensive MVP was definitely Chenal. He made a lot of key plays and had the speed to disrupt Jackson at times.

An observation on the Ravens. They need Jackson to run ALOT to generate any offense. This is not sustainable. He’s either going to wear out as the season progresses or get injured. They talk about how he’s a great pocket passer but I didn’t see it. A lot of his completions were WR screens or short passes. His deep balls were off and he missed 2 open receivers in the end zone on the final drive.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Unless this game was a fluke, it could well be that Isaiah Likely is surpassing Mark Andrews to become Baltimore's leading tight end. Likely is good, good enough to start for a number of teams and he's five years younger and has less wear and tear than Andrews. Hopefully that's not the case as one game isn't statistically significant but it won't be a shocker if it is. Or maybe they'll both have big games during the season as neither is known as a blocker.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Ravens lose. I’d say the defensive MVP was definitely Chenal. He made a lot of key plays and had the speed to disrupt Jackson at times.

An observation on the Ravens. They need Jackson to run ALOT to generate any offense. This is not sustainable. He’s either going to wear out as the season progresses or get injured. They talk about how he’s a great pocket passer but I didn’t see it. A lot of his completions were WR screens or short passes. His deep balls were off and he missed 2 open receivers in the end zone on the final drive.
It's always been this way with Jackson. If you have the defensive personnel to keep him in the pocket and MAKE him throw it, he will struggle. Try that with Burrow, Allen, Cousins, Mahomes, etc. etc. and you will be torched. Safeties back, LB's and corners keeping things in front of them and it's 3 yards per play for the Ravens, minus the sacks that inevitably occur when a defense can do this.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
All of that said, I haven't watched the game yet aside from a few snips here and there. Jackson had over 100 yards rushing, and like Freethinker says, that's not sustainable. Especially since he is finishing some runs like he's a RB, lowering his shoulder and taking on the defenders. Not that I root against him or anything...... ;)

Booth

Mentor
I think last night's game answered the Carson Steele's question about how much he will be used. Not very much it looks like. I would love to be proven wrong.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Sounds like I didn’t miss much. Looks like Jackson will never evolve as a passer considering it’s his 7th or 8th year in league and those 1st round WRs that Baltimore has drafted will continue to be third and 4th options behind running backs and tight ends.

jacque

Guru
Perine looked bad week 1 which is good news at least. Mahomes got destroyed on at least one of his pass protection snaps, dropped a big 3rd down catch, etc (stuff that would’ve gotten Steele cut lol)

Could result in Steele cutting into his snaps

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Sounds like I didn’t miss much. Looks like Jackson will never evolve as a passer considering it’s his 7th or 8th year in league and those 1st round WRs that Baltimore has drafted will continue to be third and 4th options behind running backs and tight ends.
Yeah, like a lot of QB's (and a really high percentage of Supa QB's) Jackson is still a one-read and then run-or-dump-it QB. He's better at his one read than most, and the offense is well-designed by Monken for his dump-offs. That said, if he runs as much as he did against the Chiefs in every game, he'll be injured before week 7.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I think last night's game answered the Carson Steele's question about how much he will be used. Not very much it looks like. I would love to be proven wrong.
Maybe due to the magnitude of the game, the Chiefs gave Pacheco the overwhelming amount of snaps at RB (80%). Perine had 8 snaps and Steele had 5. So not too far off, and as stated, Perine did not impress with his. Perhaps next game Pacheco gets more rest and Steele gets more snaps than Perine.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I was glad to see both QBs take some licks. Ravens are a decent caste team that won’t amount to anything as long as Chiefs and Mahommes run AFC.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jamar Chase is questionable for Sunday's game against the Patriots. He's hardly practiced due to his "hold-in." Tee Higgins is doubtful. Tyler Boyd is now with Tennessee. The third round rookie Burton was instantly annointed the successor to Boyd by the media and DWFs, but "surprisingly" has turned out to be lazy and "unprofessional," including sleeping during team meetings. So, that should mean a fair amount of action for Charlie Jones and Trenton Irwin and also the whitish looking Poly Iosivas. Mike Gesicki should also be a factor so should be an interesting game to watch to see how Joe Burrow distributes the ball.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone know of a stream for the Eagles-Packers game?

jacque

Guru
One of The best non pirate routes is NFL+

You can stream every game. Cant remember how much it is a month. Under $20. Only issue is I’m not sure how to get it on my TV without screen mirroring with a smart tv.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
They had to travel all the way to Brazil for us to see a White person sing a national anthem (Brazil’s).

Last night was 2 different black women singing the real anthem and the fake one.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
DeJean in early at dime package slot CB on third down. Isaiah Rodgers inactive tonight so hope to see more of DeJean on passing Downs.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Packers with 2, count 'em 2, White starters, at TE and center.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Packers with 2, count 'em 2, White starters, at TE and center.
Don, it gets worse. Take a quick glance at my preview I just posted for them. They are another team in the "ultra black" category.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hurts with a pick and a fumble already halfway through the first quarter. Not having Jason Kelce will cut down considerably on his "tush push" TDs. So will the presence of Barkley, odds are good he'll have another season of decline even with his weapons.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Don, it gets worse. Take a quick glance at my preview I just posted for them. They are another team in the "ultra black" category.
Wow, just nine Whites on the roster, they used to have that many starting and occasionally more during the Rodgers-Jordy Nelson era.

Really hoping for Van Ness to shine big time, but as you wrote he's still in his racial apprenticeship stage.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Just about the whole first quarter has been played deep in Eagles territory and the score is still just 6-0. No big plays other than Hurts' turnovers, lots of mistakes so far.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Hurts with a pick and a fumble already halfway through the first quarter. Not having Jason Kelce will cut down considerably on his "tush push" TDs. So will the presence of Barkley, odds are good he'll have another season of decline even with his weapons.
;)