2024 NFL Preseason

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Hall of Fame game kicks off the preseason slate. Normally the Bears vs Texans would be a coal fest but so far White athletes are getting some shine. First TD of the 2024 season is Davis Mills to backup TE Teagan Quitoriano. WR Ben Skowronek, looking to excel with his new team, is off to a good start. Leading receiver with 31 yards on 2 catches.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Wow preaseason snuck up on me. Didn’t even realize the games started. Seems like a week earlier than normal.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
From what I watched Rypien looked good.

TE Tommy Sweeney also with a TD catch.

jacque

Guru
Ben Skowronek with a few decent catches in the hall of fame game

Rocky B

Master
Looking forward to watching all 49er, Raider, Eagle and Chiefs games this summer. Lots of good articles out there on how Schrader, Ship and Laube are turning heads. Can Steele get a practice squad spot? Should’ve stayed for the senior year, even if he had to transfer again. We’ve said this many times here, don’t declare early if no one sees you getting drafted by round five or six. Who’s in these kids’ ears?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Panthers-Patriots game is unwatchable Caste mush. Both teams with a White center, the Pats with Austin Hooper at TE, and Carolina is starting third string QB Jack Plummer. Other than that a coal black affair, 40 out of 44 starters black. Turned it off after one boring series.

Edit: Drake Maye came in for the second series, still not gonna watch.

Last edited:

TwentyTwo

Master
Undrafted Rookie WR #30 David Wallis from D3! Randolph-Macon...was the Star of the show a nice Punt Return!! Team mates fired up love em!!
Announcer has been talking how impressive he has been!

Wow 40 of 44 = SAD!

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Worked tonight doesn’t look like I missed much! Nice to see a D3 star!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looks like Tommy DeVito played solid. Outplayed the Detroit quota that was selected in the third round last year, the same draft that DeVito was not selected in. DeVito seems to be on the trajectory of a White journeyman backup as the Giants brought in Drew Lock as the number 2 guy behind Jones. DeVito played very well last season exceeding all expectations I had for him and the Giants should be doing everything they can to develop him as he already has a cult like following among the large Italian population in Jersey/New York.

Rocky B

Master
Watching Hou/Pittsburgh on NFL network. Eagles game is played after.
Fields has already fumbled two snaps. Looks like crap. Stroud just threw a TD pass. Hadn’t looked that good before that. A guy that started and played well so far is German Julius Welschof. Backup OLB. Good news that he’s starting. Plumlee returning kicks early.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Watching Hou/Pittsburgh on NFL network. Eagles game is played after.
Fields has already fumbled two snaps. Looks like crap. Stroud just threw a TD pass. Hadn’t looked that good before that. A guy that started and played well so far is German Julius Welschof. Backup OLB. Good news that he’s starting. Plumlee returning kicks early.

Davis Mills is better than Fields.

Pickett to Shipley for a TD.

Dolphins Falcons also going on, noticed Bonner in the highlights on NFLN. Anyone keeping tabs on that one? Box score says Penix isn't doing much either.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Compared to most preseason games the Vikings-Raiders game has been decent to watch. O'Connell and Minshew both looking good, Bowers with a couple catches before leaving the game, Mayer with three. Laube has been on special teams only so far, hopefully gets some action as the game goes on.

J. J. McCarthy has thrown a few ropes, also a pick. As with Bowers, his athleticism is obvious. My bet is that the Vikings will be very happy they drafted him.

Nice sprinkling of overachievers on defense for both teams as well.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Compared to most preseason games the Vikings-Raiders game has been decent to watch. O'Connell and Minshew both looking good, Bowers with a couple catches before leaving the game, Mayer with three. Laube has been on special teams only so far, hopefully gets some action as the game goes on.

J. J. McCarthy has thrown a few ropes, also a pick. As with Bowers, his athleticism is obvious. My bet is that the Vikings will be very happy they drafted him.

Nice sprinkling of overachievers on defense for both teams as well.

Solid debut by McCarthy. Made a few really nice throws and bounced back from his INT. Nice to see WR Thayer Thomas in the NFL with the Vikings as well.

LB Bo Richter had a nice game with 6 total tackles, 4 solo 1 sack and two TFL.

The leading tackler for the Falcons last night was NDSU CB Jayden Price.

Rocky B

Master
I’ve watched a bunch. No big running back moments until Carson Steele comes in midway through the second quarter as the lone back. He ripped a highlight worthy 20 yard run and capped the drive with a tough one yard TD. Dispite the fact he was a tailback all of his life and lined up as the only back, the crappy Jag announcers mentioned him as the fullback 300 times.
A fullback lines up in front of a halfback usually. A lone back who plays the entire drive isn’t a fullback. Yes, they listed him in a depth chart as fullback recently, it just burns my a$$.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I’ve watched a bunch. No big running back moments until Carson Steele comes in midway through the second quarter as the lone back. He ripped a highlight worthy 20 yard run and capped the drive with a tough one yard TD. Dispite the fact he was a tailback all of his life and lined up as the only back, the crappy Jag announcers mentioned him as the fullback 300 times.
A fullback lines up in front of a halfback usually. A lone back who plays the entire drive isn’t a fullback. Yes, they listed him in a depth chart as fullback recently, it just burns my a$$.
I saw that Rocky B. Unfortunately, no matter how well Steele does, he'll probably get the Ryan Nall treatment. I hope I'm wrong. Steele like Nall could easily be a RB in the NFL.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
While Steele looked great for the Chiefs, 4 carries 29 yards and a TD.
Not the best night for SF's Cody Schrader. 5 carries 6 yards. Hopefully he gets plenty more opportunities. BTW Breida, RB for SF had 6 carries for 0 yards.

TwentyTwo

Master

backrow

Hall of Famer
Solid debut by McCarthy. Made a few really nice throws and bounced back from his INT. Nice to see WR Thayer Thomas in the NFL with the Vikings as well.

LB Bo Richter had a nice game with 6 total tackles, 4 solo 1 sack and two TFL.

The leading tackler for the Falcons last night was NDSU CB Jayden Price.

Did he actually get to play CB??

backrow

Hall of Famer
Check this 20 yard beast-mode run from Steele! All announcer could say was all this missed tackles are not acceptable.
I feel for him. Reid will not give him a chance to do anything but block and maybe an occasional catch. He clearly has the juice to do so much more at this level.

EDIT: He was even called a FB by announcers when he scored his TD, while being the only back on the field.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Clayton Tune looking solid. He should be the starter

Tune looks like he took a step in the right direction in terms of development. The way he was handled last year was pretty bad. He showed to be much better than Desmond Ridder so hopefully Tune jumps over him on the depth chart. Jake Haener also had a good game for the Saints, better than the orange black Rattler.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Safety Brady Breeze the leading tackler with a sack for the brown Browns.

Tennessee linebacker Chance Campbell is very good. Leads the team with 9 total tackles, a sack and an interception.

The Bucs have 4 White receivers all competing for a spot. Ryan Miller (Furman) lead all receivers and had some tackles. Tanner Knue (E Michigan) with some catches and returned punts and kickoffs. Cody Thompson (Toledo) is the veteran of the bunch and had 3 catches. Raleigh Webb (The Citadel) with a catch and has had a cup of coffee with the Ravens and Pats.

northwinds

Mentor
I feel for him. Reid will not give him a chance to do anything but block and maybe an occasional catch. He clearly has the juice to do so much more at this level.

EDIT: He was even called a FB by announcers when he scored his TD, while being the only back on the field.

The official Chiefs website has Steele listed as a ‘FB’. The not so subtle Caste system in all its glory. I was arguing last night on FB with a couple of Chiefs fans who referred to him as a ‘FB’. One female fan tried to educate me by saying ‘a FB lines up between the QB and the RB’…. to which I referrred her to this video showing Steele as a single-set RB………..LMAO at the ignorance of DWFs