2024 NBA Playoffs

Warhawk_46

Master
Doncic doing more with less. A very untalented team if you ask me. Irving is a good scorer but doesn’t play defense and basically functions as Doncic-lite.

A shame about Porzingas getting hurt again. Just struggles to stay healthy. Were he not always hurt I’m sure he would have better numbers than he already does.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
TJ McConnell had 20 points and 9 assists to help the Pacers advance. He has always come off the bench would he should have always been a starter. I watched him in college and at the pro level. TJ McConnell is way better than the way he has been treated!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Bucks screwed up getting rid of Budenholzer. Griffin and Rivers experiments failed.

Also not a fan of Lillard and Giannis quit on the team going into playoffs. Bucks bench was very weak. Big fan of Pat Connaughton, but he's reached His ceiling.

Great game by McConell @white lightning ! As efficient as it gets in 23 minutes of action.

Mavs will take the series against the Clippers 4-2 even with an off shooting night from Luka.

This is perhaps the most dangerous Mavs team of the Luka era because they can win even when he's not 100%. He and Kyrie are starting to play well together and the entire team has stepped up defensively.

Will be an interesting series against OKC. I'll be satisfied either way but am pulling for Luka as Chet Holgren, Josh Giddey and OKC are extremely young and have plenty of good years left.

jphoss

Mentor
TJ McConnell had 20 points and 9 assists to help the Pacers advance. He has always come off the bench would he should have always been a starter. I watched him in college and at the pro level. TJ McConnell is way better than the way he has been treated!

Another undrafted gym rat! I remember back during the sixers “process” when dwf would demean him when he was one of the only players worthy of being on an nba team.

El Gringo

Mentor
Mavs will take the series against the Clippers 4-2 even with an off shooting night from Luka.

This is perhaps the most dangerous Mavs team of the Luka era because they can win even when he's not 100%. He and Kyrie are starting to play well together and the entire team has stepped up defensively.

Will be an interesting series against OKC. I'll be satisfied either way but am pulling for Luka as Chet Holgren, Josh Giddey and OKC are extremely young and have plenty of good years left.
Yeah I will be pulling for the Mavs all the way. Watched game 5 and Luka was locking down on George, harden, and Westbrook on defense while Kyrie was diving on the floor for loose balls and playing great defense as well. The Mavs seem to have great camaraderie as a team mostly due to Luka’s personality and leadership.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Yeah I will be pulling for the Mavs all the way. Watched game 5 and Luka was locking down on George, harden, and Westbrook on defense while Kyrie was diving on the floor for loose balls and playing great defense as well. The Mavs seem to have great camaraderie as a team mostly due to Luka’s personality and leadership.

Yeah Luka Doncic is a great leader who makes everyone around him better. It's sad to see his teammate Maxi Kleber get hurt though.

El Gringo

Mentor
Yeah Luka Doncic is a great leader who makes everyone around him better. It's sad to see his teammate Maxi Kleber get hurt though.

Damn it that really sucks! He hit I think 5 threes in game 5.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Orlando Magic lost today in Game 7 to the Clev. Cavs. Their 2 starting guards as usual put up stat lines to put anyone to sleep!

J. Suggs 10 points and 4 assists
G. Harris 6 points and 1 assist

So anyone can see when these guys play at such a high level every night why they don't need Mac McClung on the team. Even though
he can outscore, out rebound and out assist both of these guys combined. Nothing to see here move right along. Season Over for the Magic
and if nothing else I hope that gives McClung some happiness knowing he DESERVES to be a STARTING GUARD for the Magic!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
The Orlando Magic lost today in Game 7 to the Clev. Cavs. Their 2 starting guards as usual put up stat lines to put anyone to sleep!

So anyone can see when these guys play at such a high level every night why they don't need Mac McClung on the team. Even though
he can outscore, out rebound and out assist both of these guys combined. Nothing to see here move right along. Season Over for the Magic
and if nothing else I hope that gives McClung some happiness knowing he DESERVES to be a STARTING GUARD for the Magic!
They suck and Mac should have been called up months ago. But Franz stunk it up today as well.

1-15 ouch.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

It is even more insane when you figure that they deem 5 or 6 guards better than Mac, as that’s what an NBA team will have on their rosters. Total BS. Like you said, Mac is arguably as good as their starters and at worst better than their backups.

The knock against Mac is defense. I have no idea how valid that is, but even if it's true, this Magic team needs an offensive playmaker at the guard position more than anything. This is kind of a plodding team, and the front court has carried them all year. Jalen Suggs is at least a starting caliber player who is occasionally productive, but Harris has been dead weight all season. At the very least, Mac can be a guy to come off the bench and facilitate offensive production, even if it means he needs help defensively.

I can sort of understand why Orlando didn't want to mess with the rotation this year, as they're better than they've been in a long time. But if they fail to give Mac a serious opportunity next season, well, we all know there can only be one reason why. And if no one else does either, it's time for him to pack his bags and head overseas.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Denver is getting smoked 61-35 at halftime. Caste TWolves have been a force all year though.

Donte D had 25 in Knicks win !

McConnell with 18 in 22 minutes of action!

Booth

Mentor
Denver looked lost. The T-Wolves had this game by half-time. Losing two games at home is tough to overcome.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Mavs vs Thunder Series will be so exciting to watch. I should root for OKC since they have 2 white starters but I'm still hoping that
Luka Doncic can pull the upset in this series and also in the NBA MVP RACE. His legacy needs some championships. He is 25 but it's a
good time to get to that first NBA Finals.

icsept

Master
Donte D, hartenstein, and TJ McConnell were major impact players last night. It’s a shame that neither Donte nor TJ have ever been allowed starter minutes in their careers. Especially Donte, who can do it all.

Booth

Mentor
I ran across this article while reading some NBA news. I don't like unnamed sources seems like they always have an agenda. I hope this is the right thread for this post.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Donte D, hartenstein, and TJ McConnell were major impact players last night. It’s a shame that neither Donte nor TJ have ever been allowed starter minutes in their careers. Especially Donte, who can do it all.
Donte D’s last 3 games (using totals for effect):

136 minutes, 76 points (48 from 3 while shooting > 50%), 13 rebounds, 12 assists, 5 blocks, 3 steals, and only 7 fouls and 4 turnovers.

Donte's racial apprenticeship is over now. He will start in NY going forward, he's simply too productive not to.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I was very relieved to see the Mavs pull out the win in a close game. Doncic despite playing injured for a long time now still put a nice stat line. Doncic has 22 points, 15 rebounds and 6 assists. My big concern is can he keep playing hurt? If the Mavs can win the next game at home I would rest him for a game assuming they can take a 3-1 lead in the series. Right now it's 2-1 so the next game is a must win in order to
rest their superstar in my honest opinion!

Warhawk_46

Master
Doncic with the triple-double last night but struggled mightily with his shot. I know he is playing hurt but he needs to play better. The team is not strong enough to overcome poor play by him.

Series is tied 2-2.

El Gringo

Mentor
I saw an image where it looked like Luka hurt his hand/wrist along with the previously hurt knee which may account for his atrocious shooting from the field and at the line. I should’ve copied it when I saw it can’t find it now. It really looks like the guy is just worn out from the pain and playing 40+ minutes a game but the great ones seem to find a way to power through it. Should be interesting.