2023 World Outdoor Season

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
A new name to note is Bozhidar Saraboyukov of Bulgaria.
Previously he was a high jumper, but then switched to the long jump.
Prior to today's Euro 20 Championships, he had never jumped over 8m.
However, in today's competition, he jumped over 8 meters, 5 times!
His best jump was 8.22m, good enough for the silver medal, and just 0.01 short of the gold medal.
Definitely one for the future to look out for.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Marek Zakrzewski wins the Euro U20 100m in 10.25.
Congratulations!!

You beat me by about 1 minute brother. Lol. Thanks for posting this. I'm also gonna post it in the Marek Zakrzewski Thread. As I've said
for a couple of years now the kid is just special. You can see it in everything he does. He has that swagger of a champion. In the 200 heats
last night he coasted to a win after leading the whole race he shut it down with about 30 or 40 meters to go. Smart move by a young sprinter
knowing he had to run the 100 finals today! That 10.25 is his 2nd p.b. If he had a better start today he runs in the 10.20 range as it was onlyl
the 2nd half of the race where he exploded. Very exciting young prospect! Would be even better to see Marek Z. pull olf the double 100/200
gold medal at 17 years of age! Hope his body holds up as he is running all the relay heats too.

Jensen had a great start and faded all the way to 5th after leading the race. I think the pressure got to him. Federic was in the outside land
so he had very little chance due to the lane draw but still ran well.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Mens 110 Meters Hurdles Final was a great race with 2 of the 3 medalists being our guys.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Congratulations!!

As I posted in the Zakrzewski thread Marek is trying to equal Darrin Campbell's Double Gold in the 100 & 200 meters was back in 1991. Hoping
he can get it done. What makes the 100 race even better is the average to slow start and almost no wind. The womens 100 meters had a good tailwind of 2.0 but the mens 100 meters had only a 0.6 wind yet Zakrzewski won easily and it was never in doubt. The kid has me so
excited for the future as I really think he will be a better overall sprinter than Dominik Kopec by the end of their careers.

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Congratulations!!
Marek completes the gold medal double at the Euro U20 Championships, winning the 200m easily in a PB of 20.63.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Marek completes the gold medal double at the Euro U20 Championships, winning the 200m easily in a PB of 20.63.

That was his 6th race in 3 days at 17 years of age. Yet he won easily even coasting the last 5 to 10 meters to put up
a double peace sign in youthful exuberence as he crossed the line. He may be the closest thing to Lemaitre and
Guliyev that we have seen as he is constantly improving. Remember that those 2 guys made their marks at around
ages 19 to 20. So Marek Zakrzewski needs to just continue slowly improving naturally. Do you guys see what I'm
such a big fan of this kid? His talent on the track is only matched by his confidence and maturity in staying hungry.
The kid only runs a 6.70 in the 60 as his p.b. so far. Wait till his body gets stronger and he starts running in the 6.55
range indoors and just see how that translates to outdoors. Patience is the key as he is only 17 years old. Marek only
missed running in the Euro Under 18 Champs again by less than a month as his birthday is in December.

By comparison Christophe Lemaitre had his first major breakthrough and p.b. of 10.04 at 19 years of age at the
2009 European Under 20 Champs. So let's see how Marek Zakrzewski does next year at the same championships.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
You guys are a tough crowd. Marek Zakrzewski completes a rare sprint double that no other black or white sprinter had done in
over 30 years yet very few here seem to care. This is big news guys. Think how many professional sprinters from Europe that went
on to amazing careers never did this in the European Under 20 Champs. It's shows the kid is a legitimate star! I know he is 17 and
we want the fame to come now but this kid deserves some praise and accolades. I'm shocked as he beat all the best sprinters in
all of Europe 2 years in a row. This is some serious talent. Look at how much he won the 100 & 200 meters by? You don't see that
very often in the sprints. We may be seeing a future superstar! Am I the only one here that is excited for the kid?

freedom1

Mentor
I wonder what time he would have gotten had he dipped hard through the tape. I mean, he really eased up.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I wonder what time he would have gotten had he dipped hard through the tape. I mean, he really eased up.

He hits the high 20.50's if he didn't coast the last 10 meters including throwing up his hands. Can you blame the kid though?
We were all 17 once and he just made history. It was also his 6th race in 3 days. Not an easy thing to do. When you look at
most of the other top under 20 european sprinters he outshined them all. Many guys choke under pressure but Marek Z. has
ice in his veins. I see him running between 10.10 to 10.20 next year in the 100 and about 20.40's to 20.50' over the 200 meters.
If he lives up to my predicions next summer at only 18 he will be in good shape moving forward to bigger & better things!

white lightning

Hall of Famer

One of the most exciting races of the whole championships and our women took the gold and silver medals in the 200 meters. That
girl from Sweden is fearless. That fall was brutal if you watch it in slow motion. She even hit her head had yet bounced back up like
a true super hero. So happy she won the gold medal. :ole:

Our boys and girls have done amazing so far. A clean sweep for the 200m, 400m, for the boys. Many of them also look really good. I am the most excited for Niels Laros, Marek Zakrzewski, and Jonas Gulievsson Isaksen. I just wish Valentin Hansen medaled in the 100m. Enzo Diessl looks great too.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
in addition to the young Polish phenom, the silver and bronze medalists were not only both our guys but also ran out of Lanes 1 and 8. that’s a VERY rare occurrence. kudos to them for not packing it in despite the obvious difficulty.

sprintstar

Mentor
Yup he did amazing winning both races, he will continue to get faster hopefully breaking in to the 10.10's by next year......

The race for me so far is the Swedish girl getting it done at the line with the tumble of the day. I had a gut feeling she would win after I saw her win her heat. She has some serious springs in her legs.

Womens long jump 2 blacks and a white, women's discus 3 blacks...a half breed white black german named Curly Brown...wow How can these nations support/cheer for this???

white lightning

Hall of Famer
in addition to the young Polish phenom, the silver and bronze medalists were not only both our guys but also ran out of Lanes 1 and 8. that’s a VERY rare occurrence. kudos to them for not packing it in despite the obvious difficulty.

Yes they the other guys did outstanding. In fact in the mens 200 meters finals all 8 sprinters were white. So refreshing to see for a change!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I was looking at the German Sprinter Julian Wagner's races from this year. The guy can't catch a break with the wind as he either has no
wind behind him or he is running into it the majority of this summer. Talk about bad luck. He hasn't been as good as last summer but his
times would be alot better without fighting the conditions almost every time he races. Just horrible bad luck with the wind.

13 JUN 2023Paavo Nurmi Games, Paavo Nurmen Stadion, TurkuFIN10.28+0.3AH14.1112
17 JUN 202325th International Athletics Meeting Anhalt 2023, Paul-Greifzu-Stadion, DessauGER10.11+0.6CH11.1169
17 JUN 202325th International Athletics Meeting Anhalt 2023, Paul-Greifzu-Stadion, DessauGER10.23+0.1CF13.1128
02 JUL 2023Resisprint International, Stade de La Charrière, La Chaux-de-FondsSUI10.47-0.2DH18.1051
02 JUL 2023Resisprint International, Stade de La Charrière, La Chaux-de-FondsSUI10.36-0.6DF32.1088
08 JUL 2023German Championships, Auestadion, KasselGER10.36-2.0BH11.1097
08 JUL 2023German Championships, Auestadion, KasselGER10.20+0.5BSF22.1138
08 JUL 2023German Championships, Auestadion, KasselGER10.21+0.2BF2.1135
29 JUL 2023#True Athletes Classics 2023, Stadion Manfort, LeverkusenGER10.41-0.7CH14.1073

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Speaking of Russian Sprinters. How are they supposed to improve when they are only allowed to race in Russia against
each other? It's so unfair. Again these young men and women are not part of the war.

Danila Ten is a 22 year old Russian Sprinter who ran a wind legal 10.19 last year. He also had a windy 10.15. This year he has
a best of 10.23 but again they cannot compete anywhere. Every country has to go with the "Russia is Evil" propaganda. Yet
Russia builds church's. Russia doesn't allow little boys and girls to change sexes and they stand against sodomy. Who are the
evil ones I ask you? Something to think about.

There are some talented male and female russian sprinters and track athletes but they will never get the chance. I find this to be very unfair.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
The Euro U20 Championships finished today.
I was very impressed with the performance of the Swedes. They won 5 golds - 2nd most after Germany's 8 golds - and 2 silvers.
Perhaps they have been inspired by how well their Norwegian neighbors have been performing at the senior level.

Here are their gold medalists:
-Nora Lindahl won the women's 200m.
-Moa Granat won the women's 400m hurdles.
-Jonathan Grahn won the 3000m and came 2nd in the 5000m.
-Melwen Holm won the high jump
-Sara Winberg won the women's pole vault.

Other smaller nations also did well: Austria, Switzerland, Finland, Denmark, Czech Republic ....

Although Germany dominated the total medal count, it was another pathetic performance from the German men's team. They did not have a single male medalist in a running or jumping event (although Amadeus Graber did win the decathlon). Their men's (and women's) track program needs to be completely revamped.

Last edited:

mastermulti

Master
Speaking of Russian Sprinters. How are they supposed to improve when they are only allowed to race in Russia against
each other? It's so unfair. Again these young men and women are not part of the war.

Danila Ten is a 22 year old Russian Sprinter who ran a wind legal 10.19 last year. He also had a windy 10.15. This year he has
a best of 10.23 but again they cannot compete anywhere. Every country has to go with the "Russia is Evil" propaganda. Yet
Russia builds church's. Russia doesn't allow little boys and girls to change sexes and they stand against sodomy. Who are the
evil ones I ask you? Something to think about.

There are some talented male and female russian sprinters and track athletes but they will never get the chance. I find this to be very unfair.
mate, there's so much evil happening everywhere - but there are "fashionable" evils and the "not so much". And the perpetrators of each point the finger at each other.
The only reason it doesn't get me too down is my firm belief I'm a "stranger" in this evil world for just for a short time. I don't think God divides nations into "goodies and baddies" - some people are his (through Christ), most people at any one time it seems are not, no matter their cultural religiosity. The law remains the law and we should keep it - but we are not justified in His sight by trying to keep it. That comes only by faith in Christ's finished work.
But enough of my preaching :smash2: - bring on the world athletic championships. I'll be away hiking for the whole time they are on but will have many nights with internet access to keep an eye on results