2023 World Outdoor Season

mastermulti

Master
just too "out there" for my liking. I reckon she'd be a really noisy person to be around. Would do your head in at a dining room table.
What's wrong with being quietly confident -
just too "out there" for my liking. I reckon she'd be a really noisy person to be around. Would do your head in at a dining room table.
What's wrong with being quietly confident - a la Femke. You'd take Femke to meet your mum LOL
a saying over here many decades ago when I was in my 20s (about rough biker chicks) was "she had more tats than teeth"

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Italian Champs is live now. Still have a few hours to go for the track fans here.

I'm not sure how many of you are watching the Italian Champs but the negative wind has really slowed down many of the races including
the mens 100 meters. Hoping the wind is better for the finals later today. If not expect slow times similar to the Polish Champs.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Samuele Ceccarelli won his first Italian Outdoors National Championship. He got a really bad muscle cramp and couldn't get up after
the race. I don't think it's anything serious. To be honest he didn't look good the last 2 races. I'm guessing they backed off the training a
little the last few weeks and will step it up to try and peak for the World Champs. Hope it's just a muscle cramp but I think it is & they hurt!

mqdefault.jpg

Samuele Ceccarelli wins the 100 meter final Molfetta 2023​

Alfredo L2

mastermulti

Master
Samuele Ceccarelli won his first Italian Outdoors National Championship. He got a really bad muscle cramp and couldn't get up after
the race. I don't think it's anything serious. To be honest he didn't look good the last 2 races. I'm guessing they backed off the training a
little the last few weeks and will step it up to try and peak for the World Champs. Hope it's just a muscle cramp but I think it is & they hurt!

mqdefault.jpg

Samuele Ceccarelli wins the 100 meter final Molfetta 2023​

at the moment no Europeans seem to be getting past 10.20s. Only Larsson has showed some form to be hopeful about at this stage.
A couple of Swiss men just got low 10.20s in their champs, minimal wind. Old faithful, Volko, did a 10.36 (0) to win his championships, Czech Jan Veleba a woeful mid 10.50s to win theirs, the Latvian champ ran 10.38. Nazarov a decent still wind 10.31 to win the Estonian champs.
Nothing much happening in Europe with just a few weeks to go and it's hard to see miracles happen

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
at the moment no Europeans seem to be getting past 10.20s. Only Larsson has showed some form to be hopeful about at this stage.
A couple of Swiss men just got low 10.20s in their champs, minimal wind. Old faithful, Volko, did a 10.36 (0) to win his championships, Czech Jan Valero a woeful mid 10.50s to win theirs, the Latvian champ ran 10.38. Nazarov a decent still wind 10.31 to win the Estonian champs.
Nothing much happening in Europe with just a few weeks to go and it's hard to see miracles happen

Ceccarelli ran 10.13 twice and 10.15 before he hit the wall. Maybe they backed off training or maybe something else. His last 2 or 3
races have been very average. Yes he had the negative wind all day but still you have to run better than that. He almost lost the race.

It's almost as if our guys all timed their peaks too early. That doesn't make sense though with the World Champs & Euro Champs still
to go next month. Hoping they all backed off a little and will get back to trying to peak again. Not likely but we have to think positive.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I've been following his politics for some time - so yes, I'm not surprised he wants to appease the Russians.
I know you think it's punishing athletes (and it is), but personally I think the more ways we can try to get the general population to loathe and to dislodge old Vladimir the better. One thing's for sure - at least then Ukrainian athletes could resume their careers in safety.
As for Belarusians, their leader Lukashenko kowtows to Putin.

The whole west has been taught to hate Putin. Read this and tell me how evil he is? Putin is far better than most of the western leaders!

freedom1

Mentor
The whole west has been taught to hate Putin. Read this and tell me how evil he is? Putin is far better than most of the western leaders!

Yeah, the US orchestrated a coup in 2014 (look up Victoria Jewland, I mean, Nuland) to topple a Russian friendly government in the Ukraine. The people in the east of Ukraine, who are Russian, who speak Russian voted to become part of Russia. Ukrainian forces started attacking and killing them. Putin said, "**** this," and sent in troops to put a stop to it and protect his own people. All of this is twisted in the western press as an act of Russian aggression against innocent Ukrainians. The evil US/Israel cabal is using the Ukrainians. They are fodder in a proxy war to weaken Putin and Russia. It's sick. The Jewish elite have gotten brothers to fight and kill each other down through the centuries (WWs I and II are prime examples). The Russians and Ukrainians are Slavic brothers who don't know who the real enemy is. The Ukrainians bear grudges from the olden days not realizing who ran the communists. This is a genocide against white people. Russians and Ukrainians will kill each other, and many other people will die because the Ukraine is a grain basket. Jewish Zelensky will push it as far as he can.

mastermulti

Master
I guess we'll get to see how "free" that grain really is. Not that I condone much of what any U.S. administration does - these wars to make everyone "democratic" and free them from oppression have only ever been to install approved governments - it's only ever been for U.S, interests.
And my country is one of the lapdogs

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Finally Filippo Tortu throws down a very fast time. He had a nice tail wind but it was legal so this is his new seasons best and it's
only 4/100th of a second from his all time personal best in the 200 of 20.10.

This is now the 3rd fastest 200 meter time in all of Europe passing Charlie Dobson who is talented but also hurt.

Filippo Tortu wins that Italian National Championship Gold Medal in the 200 Meters with a fast time of 20.14 +1.7 :number_one:

Last edited:

mastermulti

Master
Finally Filippo Tortu throws down a very fast time. He had a nice tail wind but it was legal so this is his new seasons best and it's
only 4/100th of a second from his all time personal best in the 200 of 20.10.

This is now the 3rd fastest 200 meter time in all of Europe passing Charlie Dobson who is talented but also hurt.

Filippo Tortu wins that Italian National Championship Gold Medal in the 200 Meters with a fast time of 20.14 +1.7 :number_one:
yes, he's been working on those 200s and keeping his powder dry.
He appears leaner to me which may well work better for him if he's maintained strength

mastermulti

Master
Yeah, the US orchestrated a coup in 2014 (look up Victoria Jewland, I mean, Nuland) to topple a Russian friendly government in the Ukraine. The people in the east of Ukraine, who are Russian, who speak Russian voted to become part of Russia. Ukrainian forces started attacking and killing them. Putin said, "**** this," and sent in troops to put a stop to it and protect his own people. All of this is twisted in the western press as an act of Russian aggression against innocent Ukrainians. The evil US/Israel cabal is using the Ukrainians. They are fodder in a proxy war to weaken Putin and Russia. It's sick. The Jewish elite have gotten brothers to fight and kill each other down through the centuries (WWs I and II are prime examples). The Russians and Ukrainians are Slavic brothers who don't know who the real enemy is. The Ukrainians bear grudges from the olden days not realizing who ran the communists. This is a genocide against white people. Russians and Ukrainians will kill each other, and many other people will die because the Ukraine is a grain basket. Jewish Zelensky will push it as far as he can.
I find it hard to read past the first line of a comment that has to rhyme a surname with a taunt about her nationality. Just... why?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I've said it before how it's so unfair that Ukraine can compete while Russian and Belarus Athletes are not allowed to. No Olympics,
No World Champs, No Euro Under 18 Champs, Euro Under 20 Champs and European Under 23 Champs. Why did these kids do to
deserve this? It's the same in many other sports and I just hate the politics and sports mixing.

The fastest European Sprinter Under 20 Years of age is Russian Konstantin Krylov. He is in the top 10 in the World for Under 20 but
he won't be allowed along with all the other kids. This sucks as usual. Keep politics out of sports in my opinion but that will never happen.

I'm am very excited to see Marek Zakzrewski and many others. I think Marek Z. might medal but he should at the least make the finals. If he doesn't it will be most likely because he will be one of the youngest sprinters there so the odds are with the older guys.He won the Euro Under 18 last year and the kid is still only 17 years of age. One to watch very closely going forward!

Final entries published for Jerusalem 2023 European Athletics U20 Championships​

Last edited:

mastermulti

Master
Not a bad time for Tortu, sadly he was 1 of only 2 whites in the Italian 200m final.
whites generally don't care about track that much - the fast guys do something else and /or do some study for a career.
The black athletes are probably the 1st generation in Italy - they see their African sprint strengths as hopefully being an earner for them. You can't blame them really if they don't see academia as their strength - although many people from immigrant family background do value it (I have a Ghanaian friend who is a very good and well remunerated computer technician)

white lightning

Hall of Famer
With about 3 weeks until the 2023 World Championships start it's time to bring your A Game for all of our men and women we root for.

I've tracked alot of the Australian Sprinters other than Browing and they have mostly struggled. Very slow times similar to alot of the
European Sprinters. I do hope that Rohan Browing can get 1 more race in before the world champs start on August 19th. My best guess
is that he will race somewhere next weekend and then have 2 weeks of rest before Budapest. Any time of 10.05 to 10.10 would be a good
starting point to go from there.

Last edited:

mastermulti

Master

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
and with him (only 3/100ths down) was 20 year old Australian Reece Holder who knocked a huge chunk of almost a second off his PB. People start to watch when you jump into the 44s
Never heard of Reece Holder before. And surprisingly, he is black (or biracial).