2023 NFL Week 11

TwentyTwo

Master
They had to help out JLove somehow. Behind every good Black QB is a White TE security blanket.
Exactly! TJ Hockenson is virtually unguardable ; except for the Iowa on Iowa crime! Josey Jewell just put him on blast with that stop!

Phall

Master
In case this wasn't posted already: Aidan Hutchinson ends the Lions game with a strip-sack that he pushes backwards for a safety. His sack tally isn't super-impressive this year, but I still get the impression that he's making an all-pro contribution.

I got a bit of Peyton-esque flashback memories while watching this game, fully expecting Jared Goff to end the two-minute drill in a five point game with a winning touchdown. He did!

Commentators seemed to repeatedly commend Justin "Pepe the Frog" Fields for playing such a wonderful game in another Chicago loss. As a Lions fan, I welcome the Bears to renew him for a new max contract.

wile

Master
I once suggested on the Packers' website that they make Dave Wannstedt a Packers HOF member, no response of course.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Why Wannstedt? Must be sarcasm as I remember him as a Caste Clown extraordinaire as the head coach of the Pitt Panthers and later the Bears and Dolphins. Yet another Pittsburgh born and bred coach who studiously avoided playing Whites other than on the o-line and as QBs (or recruiting them to Pitt).

Why Wannstedt? Must be sarcasm as I remember him as a Caste Clown extraordinaire as the head coach of the Pitt Panthers and later the Bears and Dolphins. Yet another Pittsburgh born and bred coach who studiously avoided playing Whites other than on the o-line and as QBs (or recruiting them to Pitt).
As a Bears fan, the mention of Wanny makes me laugh. Terrible coach. But on the rare occasions i tune into 670 the score, sometiems they have him on as a guest and he's pretty funny to listen to. Great sense of humor. Self-deprecating. When he was with the Bears and they signed Brian Cox, he announced that "all the pieces are in place" then proceeded to have a losing season. He was also obsessed with Alonzo Spellman "because he has long arms". ha ha.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I think because he was 1-11 against the Packers during his coaching tenure.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Glad Dobbs lost last night. How many times have these flash in the pan stories happened only to fizzle out?

Pickett is next target up for the media. It’s all so tiring. Steelers as an organization are failing him - Roethlisberger was able to make up for offensive line defeciencies due to his size and improvisational skills. Canada does not seem to think his OL sucks and therefore is not calling the game correctly. I still don’t think Pickett is a bad qb.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Glad Dobbs lost last night. How many times have these flash in the pan stories happened only to fizzle out?

Pickett is next target up for the media. It’s all so tiring. Steelers as an organization are failing him - Roethlisberger was able to make up for offensive line defeciencies due to his size and improvisational skills. Canada does not seem to think his OL sucks and therefore is not calling the game correctly. I still don’t think Pickett is a bad qb.
Dobbs is now 2-9 as a starter. He's currently a feel good story for the media but his 15 minutes of fame are nearly up. Last night's loss didn't help. A couple of years from now he'll be completely forgotten.

As for the Steelers, Mike Tomlin is in his 17th season as head coach, yet there is no Mike Tomlin "coaching tree." Why not? Because Tomlin is a mediocrity who only hires sub-mediocrities who aren't a threat to his colossal ego.

It's obvious the Steelers are stuck in a long-term rut that mirrors Tomlin's mediocrity. They can at best be only a middle of the pack team, or occasionally sneak into the playoffs as a wildcard with 9 or 10 wins. Their schedule this year is easy and their next three games are very winnable starting with the Burrow-less Bengals so they could win 11 or 12 games somehow this season, yet even if they do no one will consider them a threat to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. If they win a single playoff game that will be a huge improvement over what the team's devolved into since losing to Green Bay in the big game after the 2010 season.

So Tomlin is an obvious problem, and the stunting of Pickett's potential is mostly collateral damage due to the fact that the Rooney family, the pioneers of the noxious "Rooney Rule," are loath to ever fire Tomlin after the prolonged Noll and Cowher eras. It's a point of perverse pride with the organization, and breaking precedent by firing a black head coach is something they can't bring themselves to do. It's a team with a mediocre and very stale head coach and even worse assistant coaches, so unless and until Tomlin is fired or forced to bring in better assistant coaches, Pickett has very little chance of developing with the Steelers. And with each passing week I expect more and more media and DWF ire to be focused on Kenny.

wile

Master
Yeah sorry I should have re done that post since it was directed at Football Dad's tongue in cheek about the Chargers ineptness. Wannstedt had the worst record against the Packers and we were sad to see him go. And for all the critical comments about Lovie Smith he had one of the better records vs the Pack.

wile

Master
Any updates on Bosa and his injury? Honestly when it was mentioned he was crying on the sideline I have a bad premonition about that being used against him. It won't matter that Aaron Jones of the Pack had very watery eyes after his injury but we know the caste clown whores have no bottom to their evil ways. I don't cheer for injuries but when two of the Pack's RBs went down yesterday I thought of Nall being brought in for at least a try out.

El Gringo

Mentor
Any updates on Bosa and his injury? Honestly when it was mentioned he was crying on the sideline I have a bad premonition about that being used against him. It won't matter that Aaron Jones of the Pack had very watery eyes after his injury but we know the caste clown whores have no bottom to their evil ways. I don't cheer for injuries but when two of the Pack's RBs went down yesterday I thought of Nall being brought in for at least a try out.

It looks like it was just a foot strain and not a Achilles tear which was the initial worry. Good news for Bosa! https://clutchpoints.com/chargers-n...ng-injury-update-after-leaving-field-in-tears

jphoss

Mentor
In case this wasn't posted already: Aidan Hutchinson ends the Lions game with a strip-sack that he pushes backwards for a safety. His sack tally isn't super-impressive this year, but I still get the impression that he's making an all-pro contribution.

I got a bit of Peyton-esque flashback memories while watching this game, fully expecting Jared Goff to end the two-minute drill in a five point game with a winning touchdown. He did!

Commentators seemed to repeatedly commend Justin "Pepe the Frog" Fields for playing such a wonderful game in another Chicago loss. As a Lions fan, I welcome the Bears to renew him for a new max contract.
I’ve seen a few lions games and i bet he is one of the most held players in the league, if not the most. The media loves to talk about how great aaron donald is even when he’s not producing bc he’s “drawing attention and double teams all game”, and i am sure there is truth to this but they obviously lay it on thick. Yet I believe that, along with the constant blatant holds, is hurting Hutch’s numbers. But i agree his film shows a top 5 de

Snow Plow

Mentor
ESPN had him 4th or 5th for defensive player of the year halfway through the season. The top 5 were him, Parsons, Watt, Garrett, and Crosby.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I’ve yet to hear any “expert” blame Bryce Young for the issues he is having. Meanwhile every White QB struggling is having hit pieces written about them. Agenda could not be more obvious.

backrow

Hall of Famer
ESPN had him 4th or 5th for defensive player of the year halfway through the season. The top 5 were him, Parsons, Watt, Garrett, and Crosby.

ANYONE that actually watches and understands football somewhat can see just how good he is. Ceiling is very high, this kid is only 23!

Warhawk_46

Master
With Nick Bosa, Aiden Hutchinson and Maxx Crosby the future is bright for white dominance. Through in elite players like TJ Watt, Joey Bosa, Trey Hendrickson and Sam
Hubbard (one of the best against the run in the entire league) and this should portend more white defensive ends/outside linebackers getting selected.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Looking to see a good performance from the Chiefs pasty white defensive players. Drue Tranquill has been everything we said he would be, Leo Chenal is a beast, strongest pound-for-pound player on the team. George Karlaftis is having a remarkable season as well. Even Jack Cochran has been seeing more snaps every game and being productive. Not a big fan of Jalen Hurts for some reason, hoping he sees a whole lot of white wearing red tonight.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The Kansas City Chiefs play the Philadelphia Eagles tonight on Monday NIght Football. It should be a high scoring game.

Espn.com did an article on Mahomes and Kelce.

Nice Article. Game is a wet, cold, windy, sloppy mess. It doesn't bode well for it being a shootout.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Both QBs with INTs in the first half. Mahomes’ would have been Watson’s second TD, but the safety was there…not Blankenship unfortunately.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Kelce with a TD. Watson 3-33 with a TD. Had a tough drop, but got open for a big completion on the next play. He’s the leading receiver so far.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Any updates on Bosa and his injury? Honestly when it was mentioned he was crying on the sideline I have a bad premonition about that being used against him.
The latest is that Bosa is likely to go on IR with a sprained foot. Yet another injury filled season for him.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kelce with a TD. Watson 3-33 with a TD. Had a tough drop, but got open for a big completion on the next play. He’s the leading receiver so far.
It was nice to see Mahomes go right back to Watson after his drop. It happens a lot, but still nice to see when a White WR is involved.