2023 NFL Week 11

jphoss

Mentor
Diggs has 4-27 but according to romo and nance he’s “dominating the game” lmao clowns

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
An accurate statement. Just like the Patriots have ruined Mac Jones.
I think Graham Mertz is a case study that needs to be looked at closely. He was pretty mediocre at Wisconsin but once he was put in the same type of offense much of college football is running and one he was much more familiar with he improved exponentially. Why aren’t these nfl coaches implementing schemes that these qbs are familiar with in college? Pickett and Wilson are not bad qbs, have talent and put up numbers in spread offensive schemes. I see them both playing much less out of the shotgun than many of their contemporaries.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Can’t beat this years Blackers squad. I’d can him.

Blackers also wisely drafted not one but two White TEs. In a league dominated by White TEs paired with young QBs the Chargers decide to do the exact opposite. It’s not rocket science.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Blackers also wisely drafted not one but two White TEs. In a league dominated by White TEs paired with young QBs the Chargers decide to do the exact opposite. It’s not rocket science.
They had to help out JLove somehow. Behind every good Black QB is a White TE security blanket.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
They had to help out JLove somehow. Behind every good Black QB is a White TE security blanket.
Yep. Again another trend recognized here at CF first and not at all acknowledged by league “experts” despite it playing out every week in front of millions.

jphoss

Mentor
I think Graham Mertz is a case study that needs to be looked at closely. He was pretty mediocre at Wisconsin but once he was put in the same type of offense much of college football is running and one he was much more familiar with he improved exponentially. Why aren’t these nfl coaches implementing schemes that these qbs are familiar with in college? Pickett and Wilson are not bad qbs, have talent and put up numbers in spread offensive schemes. I see them both playing much less out of the shotgun than many of their contemporaries.
And the opposite with hartman at nd. They have a clueless oc and he looks nothing like the guy he was for 5 years to the point now he may go undrafted

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Diggs has 4-27 but according to romo and nance he’s “dominating the game” lmao clowns

The media always gives the magical athletes a free pass no matter what they do on the field. Crazy World we live in. The
biggest thing I've noticed my whole life is how fragile the egos are of these self loving cry baby athletes.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
And the opposite with hartman at nd. They have a clueless oc and he looks nothing like the guy he was for 5 years to the point now he may go undrafted
Great point. Notre Dame should have reviewed Wake Forest tape and implemented that into the offense.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The knives are still out for Alex Singleton. Crissie's PFF has him ranked 66th out of 82 LBs as shown when Denver's defense was shown. Then Tirico announces that Singleton has missed more tackles than any other defender in the league. If that's true it's only because he's always around the ball. I imagine that if Singleton made a tackle on every single play, PFF would still find a way to have him ranked in the lower half of linebackers.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Staley sucks. Telesco sucks too. Herbert deserves better.
Of course here in Kansas City everyone wants the Chargers to offer an ultra-long-term contract extension to Staley so that he's the forever Chargers coach.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Rooting heavily against Josh Dobbs tonight.
Same here, Everyone knows that Russell Wilson is washed, so even if he does decently and leads the Donks to a win, it won't raise his stock much. But Dobbs is the new media superhero and I could do without the endless slobbering.

Snow Plow

Guru
The knives are still out for Alex Singleton. Crissie's PFF has him ranked 66th out of 82 LBs as shown when Denver's defense was shown. Then Tirico announces that Singleton has missed more tackles than any other defender in the league. If that's true it's only because he's always around the ball. I imagine that if Singleton made a tackle on every single play, PFF would still find a way to have him ranked in the lower half of linebackers.
That’s a terrible thing for an announcer to bring up. As you mention, it’s also a poor judge of a LB as a guy who gets to the ball all game may miss a tackle or two.

That said, he has 6 tackles halfway through the second quarter.

jphoss

Mentor
And what exactly defines a “missed tackle”? There’s a world of difference between a guy diagnosing a play, maneuvering through traffic and gets a hand of a rb but doesn’t bring him down (maybe slows him up for a teammate) vs a guy just getting juked and embarrassed

Snow Plow

Guru
Well, I do know he has 9 tackles in the first half. Unfortunately, I don’t see how many “missed tackles” he has as ESPN doesn’t have it listed in any of the seven columns that they have for defensive stats.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
And what exactly defines a “missed tackle”? There’s a world of difference between a guy diagnosing a play, maneuvering through traffic and gets a hand of a rb but doesn’t bring him down (maybe slows him up for a teammate) vs a guy just getting juked and embarrassed
Exactly, Singleton doesn't always make the tackle but he often slows down the ball carrier enough for someone else to finish the play. He has to be the best linebacker at diagnosing plays and making or nearly making tackles of any linebacker I've ever seen.

Warhawk_46

Master
Oftentimes the black quarterbacks get schemes centered around their talents and familiar to their college ones. Whites are made to adapt to whatever offensive coordination drama “their” scheme. I attribute this fact to the early success many black qb’s have.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I do know he has 9 tackles in the first half. Unfortunately, I don’t see how many “missed tackles” he has as ESPN doesn’t have it listed in any of the seven columns that they have for defensive stats.
I think that stat, like so many, is subjective and is likely dominated by Collinsworth's PFF, which has a monopoly when it comes to grading NFL players.

jphoss

Mentor
I still remember when pff had desean jackson as the #1 blocking receiver in the nfl! What a joke
Regarding this game this is really the first time i’ve watched denver all year and russell wilson is bad. I can’t believe how washed up he looks. He’s moving at half speed out there it’s rough

Warhawk_46

Master
I hope all you men are doing well. It was Wisconsin hunting opener (rifle) so I was not watching games today. Just now catching up on how our guys performed.

I see McCaffrey had a good game and still sits formally atop the rushing yardage leaders.

Also I have to second the recent conversation about Singleton. He is one of the top 3 middle linebackers in all of football.