2023 NFL Week 11

Snow Plow

Mentor
It was nice to see Mahomes go right back to Watson after his drop. It happens a lot, but still nice to see when a White WR is involved.
Yes, agree. It’s a tough game for WRs with the rain, but he’s having a solid game.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Reed Blankenship with 8 solo tackles and an assist through three quarters. Just another day at the office for him. . .

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I’m really enjoying this years Chiefs. Kelce, Watson, Chenal, Tranquill and Karlaftis are all a joy to watch.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
MVS with the TD drop will go down as the villain. Unfortunately Justin Watson also had a few drops, the worst coming on the final 4th and long. An ugly loss for the Chiefs and a lucky win for the Eagles.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Watson is quietly having his most productive season in NFL. I'm glad he finally caught a TD as well.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Watson is quietly having his most productive season in NFL. I'm glad he finally caught a TD as well.
I didn't see the entire game, but Watson had 2 critical dropped passes towards the end of the game, either of which would have kept the Chiefs in the game. He was targeted 11 times and caught 5 balls, although again, I didn't see the entire game, so I don't know how many of those were drops.
In any event, I don't think those critical drops are going to be overlooked. He may have hurt his chances going forward.

El Gringo

Mentor
I didn't see the entire game, but Watson had 2 critical dropped passes towards the end of the game, either of which would have kept the Chiefs in the game. He was targeted 11 times and caught 5 balls, although again, I didn't see the entire game, so I don't know how many of those were drops.
In any event, I don't think those critical drops are going to be overlooked. He may have hurt his chances going forward.
Yeah, that’s not good! As we all know the tolerance for White skill position players fumbling and dropping passes is very low. Hopefully they give him another shot considering it was raining.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I have to say for the majority of the games I agree with Tom Brady.

I was coming on to share that as well. Tom is very astute. I think he “gets it”. If you read between the lines of what he’s saying, he’s not far off from many posters here.

Also, I’m fully convinced at this point that any positive demographics the Patriots offense enjoyed for a decade or so was solely due to TB12. Notice that when Tom was young, and not yet established as a superstar, the Pats demographics were of a typical team. All the teams we loved and rooted for came after the first stage of his career. I think we can puzzle things together now that we are many years removed from his NE departure.

Last edited:

backrow

Hall of Famer

he should have had one of them, the other to be fair, defender managed to move Watson's body just slightly to the side (potential PI) and it wasn't an obvious, easy catch whatsoever. On top of that, it was raining the whole day, even Kelce had a few drops. But yes, a lot of people I saw on reddit and whatnot are blaming Watson.

Warhawk_46

Master
The latest is that Bosa is likely to go on IR with a sprained foot. Yet another injury filled season for him.
I know blacks get hurt as well, but with so few of our guys given the opportunity to play, each injury stings. A dominant player like Bosa have so many injuries is legacy-killing. His dad John also suffered injuries and was fairly quickly out of the league due to it.

Warhawk_46

Master
I was coming on the share that. Tom is very astute. I think he “gets it”. If you read between the lines of what he’s saying, he’s not far off from many posters here.

Also, I’m fully convinced at this point that any positive demographics the Patriots offense enjoyed for a decade or so was solely due to TB12. Notice that when Tom was young, and not yet established as a superstar, the Pats demographics were of a typical team. All the teams we loved and rooted for came after the first stage of his career. I think we can puzzle things together now that we are many years removed from his NE departure.
100% agree and have said as much in other posts. It is Brady who is most directly responsible for the success in New England.

Belichick has been revealed to be a caste-clown and not quite the Genius we and media might have assumed. He record without Brady speaks to this.

On the flip side, Brady went to an average Tampa team and immediately made them successful in his three years there.

jphoss

Mentor
Brady definitely “gets it”, he says the schemes coaching and development are all bad. Hmmm (rooney rule). I especially liked the part where he says how the league changed the rules so offensive players could “play carefree” which to me translates to not having to worry about the skill involved in playing wr bc db’s can’t touch you anymore. Is it me or has the ascendence of white te’s who are very skilled at route running and “getting open” been coupled with the decline in skill needed to play wr?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I mentioned it in post number 80. I’m quite good at noticing things I’m not supposed to :sherlock::thumbsup:
:applaudit: Well done!

I saw read post game comments from him and he indicated he isn’t going to change anything and continue to let it rip. Can’t say I fault that mentality but I do fault the media and fans for reinforcing the new double standard for White QBs vs black ones.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I know blacks get hurt as well, but with so few of our guys given the opportunity to play, each injury stings. A dominant player like Bosa have so many injuries is legacy-killing. His dad John also suffered injuries and was fairly quickly out of the league due to it.
The biggest disappointment to me is Cooper Kupp's string of lower body injuries the past two seasons following his historic 2021 production. He could have been cementing his legacy as an all-time great but now at the age of 30 you gotta wonder if he'll even make the Hall of Fame. He'll need to bounce back with several big injury free seasons to do so now. Christian McCaffrey has done it so hopefully Kupp will too.

Joe Burrow is another one who can now be labeled injury prone. He's as good as there is when healthy but he's already lost a season to a knee injury and now this season he's been hobbled first by a bad calf strain followed by his current wrist problem.

Then there are lesser lights but still excellent players like Cole Holcomb and Jimmy Garappolo who can't stay healthy. Same with Matt Stafford, who is as tough as they come but who always seems to have a malady to overcome.

Warhawk_46

Master
The biggest disappointment to me is Cooper Kupp's string of lower body injuries the past two seasons following his historic 2021 production. He could have been cementing his legacy as an all-time great but now at the age of 30 you gotta wonder if he'll even make the Hall of Fame. He'll need to bounce back with several big injury free seasons to do so now. Christian McCaffrey has done it so hopefully Kupp will too.

Joe Burrow is another one who can now be labeled injury prone. He's as good as there is when healthy but he's already lost a season to a knee injury and now this season he's been hobbled first by a bad calf strain followed by his current wrist problem.

Then there are lesser lights but still excellent players like Cole Holcomb and Jimmy Garappolo who can't stay healthy. Same with Matt Stafford, who is as tough as they come but who always seems to have a malady to overcome.
Yeah it really hurts our guys. Kupp is a very long shot for the Hall given so few big season from him. He has had several season-ending injuries which has now prevented him from having additional 1,000+ yard seasons.

Same with Joey Bosa… elite when healthy but injured far too often.

Burrow has time to turn around his career trajectory but it is disconcerting how injury-prone he seems.

McCaffrey had a couple of years with bad luck, but has been flat-out dominant before and since those two lost seasons early in his career.

Tannehill17

Mentor
As a Bears fan, the mention of Wanny makes me laugh. Terrible coach. But on the rare occasions i tune into 670 the score, sometiems they have him on as a guest and he's pretty funny to listen to. Great sense of humor. Self-deprecating. When he was with the Bears and they signed Brian Cox, he announced that "all the pieces are in place" then proceeded to have a losing season. He was also obsessed with Alonzo Spellman "because he has long arms". ha ha.
Wannstedt was one of my most hated coaches of all time. Big time caste clown (remember the Eddie Moore and Jamar Fletcher draft picks?) Plus his undying loyalty to Jay Fiedler pissed me off beyond belief.