2023 NFL Season Super Bowl LVIII

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Since we've pretty much tuckered out the confererence championship thread and Super Bowl mania is in full howl I though I would get this one started.

San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs at Allegiant Stadium (AKA the giant Roomba) in Las Vegas. The 'Niners are currently 2 point favorites on the betting line. This one is more white-friendly than the average SB by a small margin. The biggest player in terms of impact in my opinion is CMC. "Game manager" Brock Purdy as Mr. Irrelevant is also pretty high on the list.

I'm actually looking forward to this game, it should be a lot of fun to watch with "our guys" featured whatever offense/defense is on the field.

Warhawk_46

Master
Agreed, I am looking forward to watching San Fran’s white offensive stars and the Chiefs’ white defenders. Three great young players in Tranquil, Chenel and Karlofkis.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Right. Probably the most anticipated Super Bowl for me in a long time! An all white backfield on the National Stage. In what will be one of the most watched events on television. This is huge. Especially if CMAC plays well, which I'm sure he will. Now if Purdy can have a great game and beat KC and Mahomes? Never thought I'd be pulling for San Francsico, but for obvious reasons, I will be.

Hartline

Guru
Purdy winning SB MVP would be glorious. He gets so much hate and we all know its because he's lacking in melanin. If he was black they would've anointed him as a future star of the league like CJ Stroud

Although if CMC rushes for 150+ yards, 2 TDs and Brock just protects the ball I wont complain

sprintstar

Mentor
Can SF's defense stop Kelce? If they do and can get constant pressure on Mahommes SF will win.....Chiefs have to stop Purdy, CM, Kittle, Aiuk and Samuels not to mention SF has #44 who can run, catch and block....

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Both teams currently start 7 Whites. Looking at Freethinker's research at the beginning of the season, only five teams started more at the onset of the '23 campaign. Of those five, four started 8 Whites and one started 9. Too bad both start just two Whites on the o-line or the totals would be better.

And the quality is more impressive than the quantity. A superstar running back and an all-White backfield for the 49ers, inarguably the two best tight ends in the NFL over the past half-dozen years, a "Mr. Irrelevant" who quickly became an elite quarterback, a starting WR on the Chiefs albeit one who is underused but has as good a chance of any KC receiver outside of Rice to have a big Super Bowl, two topnotch defensive ends and two topnotch linebackers. I'm not going to go back and check every Super Bowl thread on CF, but this has to be one of the best if not the very best matchup we've seen in the past 20+ years.

The biggest factor may be the SF defense. Outside of Bosa and Warner it's not that impressive and may struggle to put pressure on Mahomes and keep the Chiefs' offense from "matriculating down the field" frequently. I'll be rooting for the 49ers but just as much for the White stars on the field for both teams.

Warhawk_46

Master
I agree Don and others, just a great match-up for us.

As stated, San Fran’s defense has been a liability lately. Very unfortunate, but they are lacking in quality players. I really hope the defense can step up on the big stage.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Both teams currently start 7 Whites. Looking at Freethinker's research at the beginning of the season, only five teams started more at the onset of the '23 campaign. Of those five, four started 8 Whites and one started 9. Too bad both start just two Whites on the o-line or the totals would be better.

And the quality is more impressive than the quantity. A superstar running back and an all-White backfield for the 49ers, inarguably the two best tight ends in the NFL over the past half-dozen years, a "Mr. Irrelevant" who quickly became an elite quarterback, a starting WR on the Chiefs albeit one who is underused but has as good a chance of any KC receiver outside of Rice to have a big Super Bowl, two topnotch defensive ends and two topnotch linebackers. I'm not going to go back and check every Super Bowl thread on CF, but this has to be one of the best if not the very best matchup we've seen in the past 20+ years.

The biggest factor may be the SF defense. Outside of Bosa and Warner it's not that impressive and may struggle to put pressure on Mahomes and keep the Chiefs' offense from "matriculating down the field" frequently. I'll be rooting for the 49ers but just as much for the White stars on the field for both teams.
Good preview Don and glad my research came in handy. This should be very White friendly, but let’s not forget 2 years ago. The Rams vs Bengals was full of our guys!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Good preview Don and glad my research came in handy. This should be very White friendly, but let’s not forget 2 years ago. The Rams vs Bengals was full of our guys!
You're right, two of the last three have been very favorable by Caste System standards!

NikoDuke

Mentor
Purdy winning SB MVP would be glorious. He gets so much hate and we all know its because he's lacking in melanin. If he was black they would've anointed him as a future star of the league like CJ Stroud

Although if CMC rushes for 150+ yards, 2 TDs and Brock just protects the ball I wont complain
I also prefer that San Fran wins primarily due to Purdy. Purdy winning a Superbowl and being impactful may slow down the black quarterback phenomenon.. Cmac, Bosa also factor in..
While Chiefs are a decent roster by Caste standards, if they win, the media will spin it as purely the Mahomes show..

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Cheering for the Niners. But optics shouldn’t be bad by caste standards, as mentioned.

The interesting part of this matchup is that Kansas City's white friendly (relatively speaking) defense has been carrying the team for most of the season, while the 49ers have relied on the largely white offense to dig them out of holes their defense has created. The average casual viewer probably views these 2 teams the other way around, so no matter how many whites contribute on defense, Mahomes will get all the credit. When Brady won with great defenses early on, the public gave them all the credit, and Tom was viewed as a system player. With Mahomes, context doesn't matter, and the media will elevate him with any opportunity they can. I don't think the rooting interest is particularly close, it has to be the 49ers.

wile

Master
Meh on the game the halftime show consisting of 30 minutes of pelvic thrusting along with tasteful daring sly references to satanism is what I'm in it for.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Meh on the game the halftime show consisting of 30 minutes of pelvic thrusting along with tasteful daring sly references to satanism is what I'm in it for.
Remember when people used to argue over Whether the halftime shows were Satanic or not? Don’t even think it’s a question, anymore.

Gotta love 40 yr old R and B singers doing halftime. Amerika 2.0 is struggling for stars. Trotting out has beens that haven’t released a song in 15 years LOL.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Super Bowl Game should be high scoring and very exciting. I will do other things with my halftime instead of watching that demon
worshiping crap. It's everywhere now from the Emmys to the Oscars and the MTV Music Awards. Babylon 2 is falling very quickly. Why
should God bless a country that hates him and openly worships Satan? Separate and set yourselves apart as it falls and fall it will.

wile

Master
Blacks like the very smart and wise man Clarence Thomas once remarked are crabs in a bucket always dragging others down. Anyway I don't care that is their problem we Whites should take care of ourselves first and foremost which bringing this post back to the game it will be great to see a starting white TB and FB on one team at least. Did Rex Burkhead start in the SB that year they beat the Chiefs in the AFC title game (IMO the best game ever)?

jphoss

Mentor
Rooting big for San Fran and CMC getting mvp would be icing on the cake. While we appreciate the quality whites, especially on defense, the chiefs have the dwf and public in general will give mahomes all the credit. Kelce will get some love but the narrative will be “Mahomes wins 3rd super bowl. Is he already the greatest”. Nobody will notice the chiefs #2 ranked defense.
I am worried about the defense, as others have mentioned. They have not looked good in over a month and basically out-talented the packers and lions. Hopefully the 2 weeks has given them a chance to get right and the niners come out swinging

Warhawk_46

Master
Blacks like the very smart and wise man Clarence Thomas once remarked are crabs in a bucket always dragging others down. Anyway I don't care that is their problem we Whites should take care of ourselves first and foremost which bringing this post back to the game it will be great to see a starting white TB and FB on one team at least. Did Rex Burkhead start in the SB that year they beat the Chiefs in the AFC title game (IMO the best game ever)?
I don’t recall off the top of my head who started, my guess is Sony Michel. But Rex played a lot as he was the most trusted back on the roster. Great rapport with Brady as he ran very well but also excelled as a receiving option and in pass protection.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Rooting big for San Fran and CMC getting mvp would be icing on the cake. While we appreciate the quality whites, especially on defense, the chiefs have the dwf and public in general will give mahomes all the credit. Kelce will get some love but the narrative will be “Mahomes wins 3rd super bowl. Is he already the greatest”. Nobody will notice the chiefs #2 ranked defense.
I am worried about the defense, as others have mentioned. They have not looked good in over a month and basically out-talented the packers and lions. Hopefully the 2 weeks has given them a chance to get right and the niners come out swinging
The media will give Mahomes credit, but I disagree about the DWFs and public. There seems to be a growing dislike of Mahomes and the Chiefs, probably a good portion of it is resentment at their success. It happened with the Patriots and now it's happening with the Chiefs. And the Patriots then and the Chiefs now are also perceived as "getting all the calls" from the refs. Yes, there's the "Swifties" who will be rooting for KC, but while they're a very large segment they're a very different one from the DWFs, who are mostly White men of various ages who have no interest in seeing Taylor Swift in concert. The Swifties aren't fans, they're more Dumb White (Temporary) Fans than Drunk White ones.

And I also think that while some here still give monumental importance to a team having a black QB, after 30 years of anywhere from several to as many as ten or more teams having black QBs, it's not nearly the novelty it used to be nor is it a big deal anymore to DWFs whether one wins or loses in the Super Bowl. It just isn't. Of course the media will play it very differently, but there's a vast gulf between most Americans and the media propagandists on many issues, as the reaction against Bud Light showed to cite just one example.

Warhawk_46

Master
Jared Allen again passed up as a HOF inductee.

However, two black defensive ends who I contend are inferior to Allen make it, in Peppers and Freeney.

Freeny was a liability against the run and was essentially a sack artist. Peppers was a complete player but if I had to choose, I would pick Allen over him.

Last edited:
Peppers was such an non entity in that Panther Superbowl appearance against the Patriots in the early 2000's. Was it Matt Light who handed his arse back to him on a platter? He didn't do anything in one of the main games he played in where he was desperately depended on.

Snow Plow

Guru
Almost seems impossible for the Niners to win with the whole Kelce-Swift thing. This will be the highest rated Super Bowl ever and just seems too perfect to have those two hugging at the end and, of course, the Mahomes on the path to catching Brady narrative throughout the game.

Let’s see, what else do we have? Oh yeah, the Niners get to practice on a subpar field at UNLV.
Not to worry though…

Rodger Goodell: 23 experts unanimously call the 49ers’ practice field ‘playable’​

Anything else? The referee is Bill Vinovich. He also ran things for Super Bowl 54, when the Chiefs beat the 49ers.

Let’s hope we can somehow pull it off. Would be fun to see Bosa, C-Mac, Brock, and Kittle share the stage come Sunday night.

jphoss

Mentor
Jared Allen again passed up as a HOF inductee.

However, two black defensive ends who I contend are inferior to Allen make it, in Peppers and Freeney.

Freeny was a liability against the run and was essentially a sack artist. Peppers was a complete player but if I had to choose, I would pick Allen over him.
Allen had more career sacks than freeney. Allen also had 6 interceptions to 0 for freeney and he also scored 4 touchdowns while freeney only had 1. But Allen lacked that essential melanin requirement!

jphoss

Mentor
Almost seems impossible for the Niners to win with the whole Kelce-Swift thing. This will be the highest rated Super Bowl ever and just seems too perfect to have those two hugging at the end and, of course, the Mahomes on the path to catching Brady narrative throughout the game.

Let’s see, what else do we have? Oh yeah, the Niners get to practice on a subpar field at UNLV.
Not to worry though…

Rodger Goodell: 23 experts unanimously call the 49ers’ practice field ‘playable’​

Anything else? The referee is Bill Vinovich. He also ran things for Super Bowl 54, when the Chiefs beat the 49ers.

Let’s hope we can somehow pull it off. Would be fun to see Bosa, C-Mac, Brock, and Kittle share the stage come Sunday night.
Thumb on the scale at work again