2023 NFL Draft

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Stanford QB Tanner McKee enters the draft. Not sure where he will end up. Before the season he was looked at as a potential 1st round pick but Stanford was awful this year and Shaw was terrible as a head coach. He will probably be a 3rd/4th rounder. Senior Bowl might invite him. Still waiting on the Senior Bowl to invite Wake Forest QB Sam Hartman.

Red Raider

Mentor
Stanford QB Tanner McKee enters the draft. Not sure where he will end up. Before the season he was looked at as a potential 1st round pick but Stanford was awful this year and Shaw was terrible as a head coach. He will probably be a 3rd/4th rounder. Senior Bowl might invite him. Still waiting on the Senior Bowl to invite Wake Forest QB Sam Hartman.
I’m not entirely sure if McKee would be eligible for the senior bowl since he is a true junior this season. However, he is the same age as the senior bowl participants because he took a 2 year mission after high school. He should be a mid-round pick as a developmental QB, kind of similar to Kyle Trask in 2021 but likely not picked as early as Trask.

Red Raider

Mentor
Oklahoma State DE Brock Martin declares for the draft. He was a productive player in college with 37 TFL, 15 sacks, and 5 FR’s. He is an undersized DE he will be a 3-4 OLB at the next level.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Oklahoma State DE Brock Martin declares for the draft. He was a productive player in college with 37 TFL, 15 sacks, and 5 FR’s. He is an undersized DE he will be a 3-4 OLB at the next level.

Nice! Hopefully he gets a combine invite. The Shrine Game and Senior Bowl have both ignored White athletes this year especially on defense.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
TCU QB Max Duggan officially declares for the draft.
Will NFL teams look at him as a pure duel threat or just try to stick him in the conventional box? Time will tell but this kid can flat out play!

Max Duggan runs a 4.48 in the 40 so we all know he is a true duel threat. Hope he gets better treatment than many other of our guys.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looks like the mixed breed quota for BYU is going pro. He got a senior bowl invite. Senior Bowl is absolutely abysmal this year. One defensive player has accepted the invite.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Nebraska Edge Garret Nelson declaring for the draft. Smart decision by him as he probably knows what Rhule is about to do to Nebraska.

icsept

Master
I heard some “inside information” over Christmas. I can’t reveal my source, but I want to be the first to report it, even before Adam Schefter. “The Texans will draft Caleb Williams number one overall, and hire Lincoln Riley as their head coach, package deal.”

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I heard some “inside information” over Christmas. I can’t reveal my source, but I want to be the first to report it, even before Adam Schefter. “The Texans will draft Caleb Williams number one overall, and hire Lincoln Riley as their head coach, package deal.”
Don’t think he is eligible. If it were to happen it would be just as stupid as what the cardinals did with the manlet and Cucksbury.

icsept

Master
Don’t think he is eligible. If it were to happen it would be just as stupid as what the cardinals did with the manlet and Cucksbury.
You’re right. We’ll have to put this on the 2024 draft, and it won’t be the Texans, because I’m sure they’ll take a QB this year. I guess I’m not ready to take Schefter’s job yet.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
In some good news the future looks bright for the tight end position! Looking at Walter football player rankings and 8 of 10 top prospect are white including the top 5 and the elite sensational brock bowers to come in 2024 as well then.

The TE position has certainly swayed in our favor since the infamous "most athletic best class of TEs" in 2017. That class produced bust OJ Howard, disappointment Evan Engram, disappointment David Njoku, mediocre Gerald Everett all who have been completely overshadowed by the dominant George Kittle.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The more I watch UCLA wr Jake Bobo he reminds me of a combination of Joe Jurvicious and Jeff Samarjda. He is not a burner but can jump out of the gym, great hands, good routes and can gain yards after the catch. At best he's a 6th round pick but as most of our guys that get drafted late or are free agents most always seem to find a place on an NFL roster.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Given how many dropped passes there are in the nfl one would think having a wideout that can catch would be a plus…. But then again……

Warhawk_46

Master
Happy for Bresee, but that will insure one less honkey starting on the Clemson defense next season. Hopefully, Venables secures a starting position at Safety and Wade Woodaz will be one of the starting LB's.
Poor decision if you ask me. He needs a bit more time as he has missed so much college time with injuries/illness. I guess I was just hoping to see domination.

He has a world of talent but hasn’t put it together yet.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Poor decision if you ask me. He needs a bit more time as he has missed so much college time with injuries/illness. I guess I was just hoping to see domination.

He has a world of talent but hasn’t put it together yet.
I agree, I don't watch all of Clemson's games but it seems like Bresee's missed a lot of them the past couple of seasons. He's better off sticking around another year and hopefully putting up numbers that will get him drafted in the first round. He may anyway, but remember what happened to Ryan Nall, coming out early derailed whatever (likely slim) chance he had of getting drafted.

Red Raider

Mentor
Iowa DE Lukas Van Ness declares for the draft. He has been shooting up draft boards, saw him in a few first round mock drafts. He is a young prospect with a very high ceiling, he never started a game in college and played mostly DT in 2021. No clue how his athletic testing numbers will be, but he has fantastic size and positional versatility.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's good to see some more lunchbox carrying guys on defense in the draft. We know that the majority of the time our guys do great when
they get playing time. I think intelligence is about equal to athletecism at the highest levels of football. Knowing spacial awareness and
understanding how to break down an offensive game play is just another thing our guys are better at. Good luck to Van Ness, Breese and
many others this April. Hope to see many of our guys moving up the draft board.

Krause

Can someone please explain to me how draft rankings are decided? Drafttek has the Big 10 leading receiver ranked 257th. A guy who lead the whole big ten in almost all three major categories is a 7th round- free agent talent? Am I missing something?

#26 Jaxon Smith-Njigba- Ohio St. (5, 43, 0)
#70 Parker Washington- Penn St (46, 611, 2)
#115 Rakim Jarrett- Maryland (40, 471, 3)
#136 Ronnie Bell- Michigan (62, 889, 4)
#140 Trey Palmer- Nebraska (71, 1043, 9)
#152 Dontay Demus Jr- Maryland (22, 233, 1)

#257 Charlie Jones- Purdue (110, 1361, 12)

Krause

Overall Draftek rankings for our guys:

Quarterback
10 Will Levis- Kentucky
69 Tanner McKee- Stanford
160 Jake Haener- Fresno St
237 Bo Nix- Oregon (Returning to Oregon)
263 Stetson Bennett- Georgia
291 Cameron Rising- Utah
337 Max Duggan- TCU
368 Clayton Tune- Houston

Runningback
310 Evan Hull- Northwestern
311 Hunter Luepke- North Dakota St

Wide Receiver
190 Jake Bobo- UCLA
257 Charlie Jones- Purdue

Tight End
14 Michael Mayer- Notre Dame
46 Luke Musgrove- Oregon St
63 Dalton Kincaid- Utah
84 Sam LaPorta- Iowa
141 Josh Whyle- Cincinnnati
148 Tucker Kraft- South Dakota St
151 Zack Kuntz- Old Dominion
158 Payne Durham- Purdue
196 Luke Schoonmaker- Michigan
206 George Takacs- Boston College
266 Will Mallory- Miami (FL)
279 Brant Kuithe- Utah
285 Benjamin Yurosek- Stanford
549 Noah Gindorff- North Dakota St (way under ranked)

Offensive Tackle
8 Peter Skoronski- Northwestern
55 Blake Freeland- BYU
108 Ryan Hayes- Michigan
174 Connor Galvin- Baylor
200 Graham Barton- Duke
209 TJ Bass- Oregon
247 Alex Palczewski- Illinois
260 Dalton Wagner- Arkansas
277 Jonah Monheim- USC

Offensive Guard
59 Andrew Vorhees- USC
91 Jarrett Patterson- Notre Dame
109 Jaxson Kirkland- Washington
117 Cooper Beebe- Kansas St
119 Beaux Limmer- Arkansas
271 Nick Broeker- Ole Miss
273 Cody Mauch- North Dakota St
274 Zak Zinter- Michigan
343 Tyler Beach- Wisconsin

Center
54 John Michael Schmitz- Minnesota
71 Luke Wypler- Ohio St
165 Ricky Stromberg- Arkansas
171 Jacob Gall- Baylor
187 Joe Tippmann- Wisconsin
201 Andrew Raym- Oklahoma
330 Alex Forsyth- Oregon

Defensive End
61 Lukas Van Ness- Iowa
106 Derek Parish- Houston
264 Brett Johnson- California
376 Cade Hall- San Jose St
447 Brock Martin- Oklahoma St

Defensive Tackle
7 Bryan Bresee- Clemson
241 Jacob Slade- Michigan St

Outside Linebacker
205 Bumper Pool- Arkansas
255 Payton Wilson- NC St
282 Nick Herbig- Wisconsin (way under ranked)
322 Drake Thomas- NC St
327 JD Bertrand- Notre Dame

Inside Linebacker
43 Drew Sanders- Arkansas
82 Jack Campbell- Iowa
132 Tommy Eichenberg- Ohio St
261 Dillon Doyle- Baylor
349 Dax Hollifield- Virginia Tech

Cornerback
80 Riley Moss- Iowa

Safety
123 John Torchio- Wisconsin