2023 NFL Divisional Playoff Round

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I understand where you're coming from. The Narrative is either going to be "Mahomes is better than Brady" or "Lamar is the future of the QB position." We'll just have to hope that the NFC team (hopefully the 49ers but I'll take the Lions too) can win the Super Bowl.

What bothers me is that no matter how well they play, Drue Tranquill, Leo Chenal, and George Karlaftis will probably get less attention from the football media than Taylor Swift.
If we had to rely on the "football media" to promote white excellence on the football field then Tranquill, Chenal and Karlaftis would all be well into their alternative careers. I just hope for great games from our guys, and our guys are few and really really far-between on the ultra black Ravens.

jphoss

Mentor
I hope the bills move on from mcdermott because he has not shown himself to be anything but an average coach who has a top 3 nfl roster. Belichick has received much deserved criticism but he is a better coach than mcdermott and hopefully he’s been humbled after his failure without brady.
As for the chiefs vs ravens I have to pull for the ravens. This reminds me of the heat vs nuggets finals where the heat played more whites but they were role players next to butler whereas Jokic was the face of the nuggets. Mahomes cannot get another ring it’s that simple for me

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I hope the bills move on from mcdermott because he has not shown himself to be anything but an average coach who has a top 3 nfl roster. Belichick has received much deserved criticism but he is a better coach than mcdermott and hopefully he’s been humbled after his failure without brady.
As for the chiefs vs ravens I have to pull for the ravens. This reminds me of the heat vs nuggets finals where the heat played more whites but they were role players next to butler whereas Jokic was the face of the nuggets. Mahomes cannot get another ring it’s that simple for me
Lol! I love this stuff. Unlike the Nuggets the Ravens feature a grand total of zero whites unless you consider C Linderbaum, RT Zeitler and part-time battering ram FB Ricard and the 11/11 African defense to be on par with Jokic. They have MVP MVP MVP!! Lamar Jackson as the face of the team, but hey, lets hate on Mahomes and the Chiefs like all of the DWF's used to hate on Brady and the Patriots.

Lol! I love this stuff. Unlike the Nuggets the Ravens feature a grand total of zero whites unless you consider C Linderbaum, RT Zeitler and part-time battering ram FB Ricard and the 11/11 African defense to be on par with Jokic. They have MVP MVP MVP!! Lamar Jackson as the face of the team, but hey, lets hate on Mahomes and the Chiefs like all of the DWF's used to hate on Brady and the Patriots.
I can really see both sides here, but when it's all said and done everyone but the winner of the SB will be forgotten. I sincerely think KC is an easier matchup for both NFC teams, so for that reason alone I'm holding my nose and rooting for them.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I can really see both sides here, but when it's all said and done everyone but the winner of the SB will be forgotten. I sincerely think KC is an easier matchup for both NFC teams, so for that reason alone I'm holding my nose and rooting for them.

This is very true. Taylor Swift and I don't care to hear that crap. Mute is all you can do or change the channel. Even espn and sportcenter has made all sports more TMZ like. They overexagerate everything all in the name of better ratings. It's so dumb!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Agreed. Granted it was the 49ers worst game but the Ravens handled them easily a month ago. I think the 49ers would have a good chance against the Chiefs. If the Lions make it, I honestly can’t picture them beating the Ravens.

Go Chiefs, Mr Pfizer and the other White players!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
For individual White players in the national spotlight, it's the Chiefs all the way. If they had a White QB they'd be a CF favorite. I don't get all bent out of shape over Mahomes as he's a terrific quarterback and he plays more of a traditional style than Jackson, who's still the number one "revolutionary" at the position. Mahomes is just really good at seeing openings and running when he can't see anything downfield. If the Chiefs manage to repeat and win a third Super Bowl, Mahomes will still be four behind Tom Brady just to tie him. I'm not anywhere close to worrying yet.

What's kind of cool too is that all the perceived calls going the Chiefs' way, along with the Kelce-Swift mania, and the Chiefs starting to look like a mini-Patriots dynasty, is that a helluva lot of people are now rooting for them to lose, so if they prevail again the Mahomes media mania won't go over nearly as well this time around.

wile

Master
Oh the man drama just please do me a favor and no balling like that DWF cuckfan of the Bills, can we do that?

El Gringo

Mentor
I listened to sports talk radio all day yesterday while driving around for work. All of the hosts and their guests were not only promoting Mahommes as better than Brady but as the greatest football player of all time!! Mahommes is great no doubt and I actually like the guy but I’m pulling for Ravens on this one no matter how many white linebackers the chiefs have.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I listened to sports talk radio all day yesterday while driving around for work. All of the hosts and their guests were not only promoting Mahommes as better than Brady but as the greatest football player of all time!! Mahommes is great no doubt and I actually like the guy but I’m pulling for Ravens on this one no matter how many white linebackers the chiefs have.
Like I said, if you're basing your opinion off of what sports media pundits have to say, you've already lost the battle.

El Gringo

Mentor
Like I said, if you're basing your opinion off of what sports media pundits have to say, you've already lost the battle.

That a fair point but I’m a petty, vindictive person when it comes to the left and would like nothing more than to see the narrative blow up in the media’s faces. Best case scenario for me is Mahommes throwing a few picks and get routed by the Ravens who then go on to be destroyed by the 9er’s or Lions. I doubt it’s going to happen but that would really make the pundits seethe which would in turn make me happy.

chris371

Mentor
I avoid mainstream tv/Radio as it only frustrates me and seldom provides useful Information. Have you tried a decent sports podcast? There must be lots around for football. For MMA i like the joe rogan experience.

ximasa

Guru
NFL official would favors Chiefs, Swiftie business is bigger than our imagination, Super Bowl business model is so successful that selling NFL outside of US, now they need another.

I'm in Taiwan (100% Asian blood), sports media only have baseball/basketball news, but these weeks we have some NFL articles, yea game results with some Travis Kelce romantic stories .

A successful league has to have one 'dynasty', or ''derby rivalry" which European soccer had, a team to let newcomers to follow, or to hate for. After Brady-Pats era, Chiefs is by far that ideal option.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I saw this earlier when taking a minute to waste time on "X". Curious to see what others here think of this:
FootballDad, you're starting to sound like a flat earther. Anyone who thinks every play in an NFL game, which are quick spasms of action involving 22 men all quickly moving at the same time in different directions, can be scripted and rehearsed to the point that TD passes, incompletions and picks can be thrown without a hitch because the script calls for it, is, well, I'm not even sure what the best word for it is. Most of the sumos can't even stay onside much less be part of rehearsed masterpieces of deception. Next you'll be telling us the moon landings didn't happen. ;)

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
FootballDad, you're starting to sound like a flat earther. Anyone who thinks every play in an NFL game, which are quick spasms of action involving 22 men all quickly moving at the same time in different directions, can be scripted and rehearsed to the point that TD passes, incompletions and picks can be thrown without a hitch because the script calls for it, is, well, I'm not even sure what the best word for it is. Most of the sumos can't even stay onside much less be part of rehearsed masterpieces of deception. Next you'll be telling us the moon landings didn't happen. ;)
No, I posted this in jest. I found virtually everything in it to be patently absurd. I just wanted to see what folks had to say as we've had a bit of BigUnreal-itis rear its ugly head a few times recently.

Cheers!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
No, I posted this in jest. I found virtually everything in it to be patently absurd. I just wanted to see what folks had to say as we've had a bit of BigUnreal-itis rear its ugly head a few times recently.

Cheers!
I posted in jest as well, at least in reference to you. I hope even Bigunreal himself wouldn't find that credible. . .