2023 NFL Divisional Playoff Round

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Houston at Baltimore this afternoon followed by Packers at 49ers tonight. Tampa at Detroit tomorrow afternoon followed by Chiefs at the Bills.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
For todays games I would probably be pulling for the Texans to beat the Ravens, although it's thin gruel. Only because the Lamar MVP MVP MVP collapse would be fun to watch. Not that the CJ Stroud bandwagon is that much less noisy. Night game is easy, 49ers all the way. Really looking forward to that game. I hope that Purdy shuts down the legion of naysayers and that McCaffrey has an epic game.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
There has been a social media theory going around that the design of the Super Bowl logo is indicating the Ravens-49ers will end up playing each other. Saw a clip talking about the halftime show for the game and it was stated it would be a Ravens-49ers matchup as well. It may be a “conspiracy theory” at this point but if it holds true I think it would wake some people up. Just figured it was an interesting thing for us all the keep in the back of our minds.

There has been a social media theory going around that the design of the Super Bowl logo is indicating the Ravens-49ers will end up playing each other. Saw a clip talking about the halftime show for the game and it was stated it would be a Ravens-49ers matchup as well. It may be a “conspiracy theory” at this point but if it holds true I think it would wake some people up. Just figured it was an interesting thing for us all the keep in the back of our minds.
They are the one seeds and the favorites from their respective conferences, so there's a pretty good chance it does end up happening. This isn't a brand new conspiracy, I heard it from an "NFL is scripted" guy midseason. Last year's logo also matched the team colors, so it would be an interesting coincidence if it happened again.

The conspiracy viewpoint does beg an obvious question - if the NFL is scripting outcomes, why would they make such an obvious nod to the eventual outcome? Doesn't make any sense, nor does the concept of a scripted NFL frankly. The furthest I'm willing to go is refs betting on games or star QBs getting "bonus" calls. The idea that the league is literally scripted defies logic on multiple fronts and isn't even worth a serious discussion.

Warhawk_46

Master
They are the one seeds and the favorites from their respective conferences, so there's a pretty good chance it does end up happening. This isn't a brand new conspiracy, I heard it from an "NFL is scripted" guy midseason. Last year's logo also matched the team colors, so it would be an interesting coincidence if it happened again.

The conspiracy viewpoint does beg an obvious question - if the NFL is scripting outcomes, why would they make such an obvious nod to the eventual outcome? Doesn't make any sense, nor does the concept of a scripted NFL frankly. The furthest I'm willing to go is refs betting on games or star QBs getting "bonus" calls. The idea that the league is literally scripted defies logic on multiple fronts and isn't even worth a serious discussion.
Not scripted outright, that’s crazy talk. But to think certain teams won’t be the benefit of questionable calls going their way is naive at best. Look how many calls always seemed to go the Chiefs’ way during their run?

Don’t think for a minute that Baltimore won’t get similar calls bc the media and league would love nothing less than making Lamar the face of the league.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm beyond pumped for the Niners vs Packers tonight. Just say NO to the FUDGE PACKERS. Go Cmac!

jphoss

Mentor
Really hoping the 49ers hammer the packers tonight! The deepthroating of jordan love needs to end and hopefully in emphatic fashion. The other game I’m slightly for the texans, cj stroud is at least an outspoken Christian and seems like a humble enough guy

Not scripted outright, that’s crazy talk. But to think certain teams won’t be the benefit of questionable calls going their way is naive at best. Look how many calls always seemed to go the Chiefs’ way during their run?

Don’t think for a minute that Baltimore won’t get similar calls bc the media and league would love nothing less than making Lamar the face of the league.
It's possible, if not likely, that the league gives an "assist" to certain teams and players based on whatever agenda. But if the desired team is simply outplayed, the refs can only do so much. The only way the league could guarantee the Ravens and 49ers to the Super Bowl would be if the whole thing is scripted, and many of the people pushing the "logo conspiracy" genuinely think it is. You call it crazy, but it's a fairly widely held belief.

Also, what reason is there to think anyone wants to make Lamar the face of the league? He's not marketable, he's not in any commercials and he appears to be borderline illiterate. Mahomes is mixed race, well spoken, can act in commercials and plays well in the postseason - he checks every possible box they'd want to see. Add in the Kelce and Swift angle and the league would be much better served jamming Mahomes and the Chiefs through once again. Even Allen and the Bills would be a bigger draw. I really don't think the league isn't pining for Lamar Jackson and the Ravens to win it all.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

jphoss

Mentor
Glad to see stroud going back to schultz after he dropped an easy completion. Schultz rewards him with a 22 yard gain, with a nice route turning around the “quick hips” of the raven db

Riggins44

Master
Joe Buck just said Jackson is the best scrambler in the league "athletically and aesthtically." Really? Aesthetically? That's very subjective. Sounds like Joe has a man crush. How much can you slobber over a player. Pathetic.

Stlouis

I see that Dan Chisena who was just signed to the Raven's practice squad is playing on special teams.

El Gringo

Mentor
As a christian I'm rooting for CJ to upset the Ravens today. The refs and media will be against the kid. I like his courage for openly
talking about his faith similar to Tim Tebow.

Thanks WL now I know who to root for this game. Both teams have productive fullbacks and tight ends.

El Gringo

Mentor
Joe Buck just said Jackson is the best scrambler in the league "athletically and aesthtically." Really? Aesthetically? That's very subjective. Sounds like Joe has a man crush. How much can you slobber over a player. Pathetic.
These guys have to be have to be homosexuals.

Riggins44

Master
It's possible, if not likely, that the league gives an "assist" to certain teams and players based on whatever agenda. But if the desired team is simply outplayed, the refs can only do so much. The only way the league could guarantee the Ravens and 49ers to the Super Bowl would be if the whole thing is scripted, and many of the people pushing the "logo conspiracy" genuinely think it is. You call it crazy, but it's a fairly widely held belief.

Also, what reason is there to think anyone wants to make Lamar the face of the league? He's not marketable, he's not in any commercials and he appears to be borderline illiterate. Mahomes is mixed race, well spoken, can act in commercials and plays well in the postseason - he checks every possible box they'd want to see. Add in the Kelce and Swift angle and the league would be much better served jamming Mahomes and the Chiefs through once again. Even Allen and the Bills would be a bigger draw. I really don't think the league isn't pining for Lamar Jackson and the Ravens to win it all.
Seems like Houston has already had 6-7 calls against them. The Ravens just got their first penalty.

Riggins44

Master
Punt return for a TD for Houston! I'm only rooting for Houston because it will be good for SF, Buffalo and Detroit to eliminate Baltimore.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm rooting for Houston because if they win Lamar Jackson's playoff record will be just 1-4. Just one playoff win in six seasons is weak to put it mildly.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm rooting for Houston because if they win Lamar Jackson's playoff record will be just 1-4. Just one playoff win in six seasons is weak to put it mildly.

Yet the media will ignore it and say that Lamar Jackson is as good as Joe Montana. That's what you call fake news right there! :)