2023 NBA Draft and NBA Free Agency

I looked at G league stats for Scoot Henderson and they are not nearly as impressive as Mac Mcclung's numbers. How can anyone justify picking this guy 3rd in the draft while Mcclung has to live off 10 day contracts? Both have nearly the same build, but Mac has much better leaping ability and is a better jump shooter. What a joke

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I looked at G league stats for Scoot Henderson and they are not nearly as impressive as Mac Mcclung's numbers. How can anyone justify picking this guy 3rd in the draft while Mcclung has to live off 10 day contracts? Both have nearly the same build, but Mac has much better leaping ability and is a better jump shooter. What a joke
Excellent post and your 100 percent accurate. Yeah no anti white agenda for Scoot Henderson. It's just amazing to me that average fans
either can't see the obvious racism against white basketball players or they just don't care. McClung and so many others deserve better. They
actually steal years aways from these guys when they are in their athletic prime which hurts even more. Not to mention all the money they
lost only due to being born with white skin.

For the Lurkers out there anti white racism in basketball and in all sports has never been higher!

Like another poster said only 10 percent of the players drafted were white. Absolutely disgusting!

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Joey Houser signs a two-way with the Jazz.
Taylor Funk signs an Exhibit 10 with Heat.
Drew Peterson signs an Exhibit 10 with the Heat.
Only problem is can the Heat have room for all these White athletes at SG and SF? Strus, Herro, Robinson, Jaquez, Jovic and now Funk and Peterson. I wonder if they will try to trade Robinson, who was on the outs before injury necessitated his revival in the playoffs.

Other than the Heat there only seems to be a small contingent of teams interested in developing White talent. The Jazz, Bucks, Nuggets, Wizards and to a small degree the Lakers, seem to be the ones taking advantage of under appreciated talents.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
You sure WL? If so great news! Denver just bombed their next pick. Check out his scouting report. Where’s dat upside?! Lol

Lewis' season is already finished after Pepperdine limped to a 2-14 record in WCC play and a first-round exit in the conference tournament to lowly Pacific.

Lewis looked like he elected to enter the NBA draft in January and simply forgot to tell anyone, as he seemingly just went through the motions for much of conference play, shooting an alarming 47% from 2-point range and 26% from 3 with more turnovers than assists while playing even less defense than usual, even by his porous standards. Lewis will now need to answer difficult questions to convince teams in workouts and interviews that he's a better competitor than what he displayed, and that his situation and coaching staff had as much to do with his underachieving play.

Despite the red flags, there will be a long line of NBA teams looking to learn more about Lewis during the pre-draft process. Everyone is looking for fluid, long-armed 6-7 wings with shot creation, shot-making versatility and upside, especially late bloomers like him. -- Jonathan Givony

Interesting how much the NBA and NFL mirror each other isn't it?

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Not a bad spot for Stevenson!

Center Liam Robbins to New Orleans. Turns out he followed his uncle who was an assistant coach at Minnesota to Vanderbilt. His uncle Ed Conroy is now HC at Citadel. Interesting storyline. Robbins also only started 1yr of HS Basketball. Late bloomer and true upside..

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Miami just scooped another Honkey in SG Justin Powell. He has a ton of talent but really bombed his choice of schools in HS and College.

The league is about so-called "wing" players and 3-point shooting (unless you have Jokic). Scoot Henderson will join the long list of "athletic guards" to accomplish nothing in the league because he's only 6'2" and shot 27% from 3 last season. He's just a poor man's Ja Morant, who has accomplished nothing outside of getting suspended. Mac McClung, on the other hand, has the second highest 3pt% in the G League and still has all the athletic "upside" the scouts love so much. Probably the most egregious example of bias against white guards I've ever seen. Absolutely no reason he can't be a shooter and playmaker off the bench (at least) for any NBA team.

El Gringo

Mentor
The league is about so-called "wing" players and 3-point shooting (unless you have Jokic). Scoot Henderson will join the long list of "athletic guards" to accomplish nothing in the league because he's only 6'2" and shot 27% from 3 last season. He's just a poor man's Ja Morant, who has accomplished nothing outside of getting suspended. Mac McClung, on the other hand, has the second highest 3pt% in the G League and still has all the athletic "upside" the scouts love so much. Probably the most egregious example of bias against white guards I've ever seen. Absolutely no reason he can't be a shooter and playmaker off the bench (at least) for any NBA team.

Great points! The scouts just love his “length” and “thick thighs”! Mac could run rings around this guy.

Booth

Mentor
Only problem is can the Heat have room for all these White athletes at SG and SF? Strus, Herro, Robinson, Jaquez, Jovic and now Funk and Peterson. I wonder if they will try to trade Robinson, who was on the outs before injury necessitated his revival in the playoffs.

Other than the Heat there only seems to be a small contingent of teams interested in developing White talent. The Jazz, Bucks, Nuggets, Wizards and to a small degree the Lakers, seem to be the ones taking advantage of under appreciated talents.
I think Robinson and Strus are gone. If Funk is given a fair shot he will make the team. He is a baller and has all the ability to start in the NBA.
Peterson is a good player too and is younger than Straus.

Booth

Mentor
Matt Mayer is to play summer ball for the Rockets.
Liam Robbins signed with the Pelicans. He was all-SEC and the SEC Defensive Player of the Year.
Adam Kunkel is to play summer ball for the Warriors.
Gabe Kalscheur is to play summer ball for the Warriors.

El Gringo

Mentor
Liam Robbins signed with the Pelicans. He was all-SEC and the SEC Defensive Player of the Year.
I forgot about Matt Mayer just assumed he had another year to go he should have been a lottery pick.

El Gringo

Mentor
I think Robinson and Strus are gone. If Funk is given a fair shot he will make the team. He is a baller and has all the ability to start in the NBA.
Peterson is a good player too and is younger than Straus.

I don’t understand what the hell happened to Strus in the playoffs?? He a got decent minutes but couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. Injury maybe?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Max Strus. While he was up and down in the playoffs he had a good year. Probably the best of his career. If the Heat don't resign him I
expect some teams to be interested. Even Duncan Robinson at 29 has some good years left too and shooters are much needed for all
of the teams.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is a nice list of both restricted and unrestricted free agents across the nba that could be on the move. It's only a partial
list but there is some talent to be found for many teams looking to improve their teams!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Luka Samanic for the Utah Jazz could be very good if he just got minutes. Here is a short video of his talent!

https://cdn.nba.com/videos/teams/wo...ab2-ce06-4a50-b287- cfab9e86081f_1280x720.mp4

14407662_0X8A2631_jpg_Jeremy_Rincon_20230401_003923.jpg

courtesy of nba.com utah jazz team page

white lightning

Hall of Famer
ATTENTION to all NBA TEAMS. Get this kid in the NBA NOW! Two wasted years in the G League when he
deserves to be starting in the NBA. Worse case scenario is a legitimate back up point or shooting guard!

From his last game with the Sixers to end the season he showed what he is capable of against the big boys. Sign him
to a long term contract! Mac McClung has been beyond patient.

mqdefault.jpg

Mac McClung Drops Near TRIPLE-DOUBLE - 20 PTS, 9 REB & 9 AST | April 9, 2023​

NBA

Phall

Master
Agree with the shock that Matt Mayer is floating like this. He found a poor home last season for his free transfer and should have been a first-round lock for the past two drafts.

Robbins (and Castleton) are both so incredibly honed and versatile. I'd bet they both make the tail end of a rotation next year.

Gabe Kalscheur is pale but not one of our guys - good luck otherwise to him I guess.

Booth

Mentor
My mistake Phall. Thanks for catching it. I have another player who might be mixed but I will post him anyway because he might be all white.
Patrick Gardner will play summer ball with the Heat.

Its truly amazing the abuse you receive on twitter from the DWFs and such when you mention that Mac Mcclung would be my point guard instead of Scoot Henderson and deserves a real shot at running a team, was called every name in the book including a racist, these people are truly demented

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I have to say that the Utah Jazz and Dallas Mavs have done nothing to make us happy here. The 3 guys they drafted and this latest
trade the Jazz made will make the team look more urban and cool according to the experts. Drafting 3 guys and trading for another
that have tattoos everywhere and that 70's fro to go with it. Collins ins an ok player but nothing special averaging 13 points per game
last year. There are alot better players they could have went after.

Dallas loves to not give Luka any help. He may leave when his contract is up. Same crap they did to Dirk Nowitzki for too many years. I
sill say even Dirk had a better team around him than Luka but not by much. Why Nowitzki only won 1 title. Wasn't his fault.