2023 NBA Draft and NBA Free Agency

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The NBA Summer League kicks tommorow in Salt Lake City. One player to keep a close eye on is Chet Holmgren. I really hope
he has healed from that horrible injury. Holmgren has the potential to be the next big all star at the Center Postion. So much talent
and skill and he moves so graceful for a big man. Very fun player to watch on both ends of the floor. Good luck to Chet in 2023/24.

holmgren2-070522-1568x882.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer

July 3​

2:15 p.m. ET: Free agent center Mason Plumlee has agreed on a one-year, $5 million deal to return to the LA Clippers, agent Mark Bartelstein told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Plumlee decided to stay with LA despite bigger financial offers elsewhere.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I checked the box score of the Philly game. Azeolas Tubelis who dominated the Pac 12 yet didn't get drafted and had be offered a pity
deal to sign with the sixers for a tryout didn't even play today. Yeah tell me this world is fair. It's so anti white I just get so angry. No words!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
On a happy note the Miami Heat played today. They won big against the Lakers.

Nivola Jokic 21 points, 8 rebounds and 3 assists

Javier Jacquez 22 points, 3 rebounds and 1 assist

In the OKC game where they beat the Jazz we saw the return of Chet Holmgren.

Chet Holmgren 15 points, 9 rebounds, 2 asssists and 4 block shots!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Not liking Brandons P. New Look Dreads for the Warriors. Hate seeing white guys do this. He had a great game today though with 17 points in his 2nd summer league game. No matter how good he plays he is on a team with so much talent. Wish he would have went to another team.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Not liking Brandons P. New Look Dreads for the Warriors. Hate seeing white guys do this. He had a great game today though with 17 points in his 2nd summer league game. No matter how good he plays he is on a team with so much talent. Wish he would have went to another team.
Yeah he could use a clean cut!

Colin Castleton had a big game for Lakers. 18pts 8reb and 6ast!

Cole Swider also had 17pts for Lakers..

19pts for Luka Samanic of The Jazz.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This young Australian Center has so much talent at just 19 years of age. Expect to see him in the NBA in a year or two. All Star Potential.

iu

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
This young Australian Center has so much talent at just 19 years of age. Expect to see him in the NBA in a year or two. All Star Potential.

iu
Minor correction. Rocco is only turning 17 next week! He seems to be quite the talent and will be interesting to see if he develops into a top pick by the 2025 draft. It would also be cool to see him and or Alex Toohey develop into superstars to pair with Josh Giddey for international basketball. Australia has already given USA headaches in the past, but how fun would it be to see them dominate with 3 star talents? I can dream I suppose….

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Minor correction. Rocco is only turning 17 next week! He seems to be quite the talent and will be interesting to see if he develops into a top pick by the 2025 draft. It would also be cool to see him and or Alex Toohey develop into superstars to pair with Josh Giddey for international basketball. Australia has already given USA headaches in the past, but how fun would it be to see them dominate with 3 star talents? I can dream I suppose….

Thanks for the update. the kid is 7'3 and athletic while still being agile. The sky is the limit for Rocco!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nicco Mannion trying to get back in the NBA after playing in Europe for a couple of years. He had 16 points for the Bucks today.
Peyton Watson who was drafted by the Nuggets had 23 points and 5 rebounds! It's great to see.

mqdefault.jpg

NUGGETS vs BUCKS | NBA SUMMER LEAGUE | FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS​

NBA

Last edited:

El Gringo

Mentor
Nicco Mannion trying to get back in the NBA after playing in Europe for a couple of years. He had 16 points for the Bucks today.
Peyton Watson who was drafted by the Nuggets had 23 points and 5 rebounds! It's great to see.

mqdefault.jpg

NUGGETS vs BUCKS | NBA SUMMER LEAGUE | FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS​

NBA

The dunk by Mannion at around 3:40 was very nice!! I’m glad he recovered from that stomach ailment that nearly killed him.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Thanks for sharing the highlights! Gillespie and Tyson looked good for The Nuggets.

Timme and Mannion played well for The Bucks and yes that dunk was sweet!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Is Ty Jerome another one of those 'looks White but is 1/16 Black'?

Another poster said that a while ago but when someone is that little I think he is worth rooting for. The way he has
bounced around the league makes me think that the league treats him like a typical white guy.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Another poster said that a while ago but when someone is that little I think he is worth rooting for. The way he has
bounced around the league makes me think that the league treats him like a typical white guy.
To me he is White. But, in today's world of "flight from White" so many individuals who have negligible amounts of nonWhite play that up and I find it nauseating.

Something to keep an eye on over the next few years will be the Holmgren vs Wembenyama comparisons. It's a narrative I've already seen pop up and is yet another microcosm of race in basketball - "Wemby", the most highly touted prospect since LeBron, is viewed as "more athletic" and as having "higher upside" than Holmgren by default.

Wembenyama made his NBA Summer League debut last night, and posted nine points on 2-for-13 shooting with eight rebounds, five blocked shots, and three assists. I watched a bit of this game, and frankly I don't want to draw any conclusions on a 19 year old's first preseason game. But my main takeaway is that he does not have good instincts as a big man and uses sheer length to defend and score. I noticed this while watching him the French league as well - there just weren't any 7ft bodies that could match up with him. The Hornets B Squad likewise, and he still only put up 9 points. I've seen people tout his "handles" and while that's nice, he's not going to beat anyone off the dribble in the NBA.

Holmgren has had 2 games so far in the summer league, and while he did not light it up either, one thing that stands out in comparison to Wembenyama is how much more physical he is. He's noticeably added weight and has a very aggressive mindset as a rebounder and defender. It seems like he simply has better instincts around the rim and can highpoint the ball extremely well off the glass.

I think both of these guys will get better and be productive players, but I'm not really seeing a huge gap between them. At least not one that warrants the level of hype Wembenyama has gotten compared to Holmgren.

NikoDuke

Mentor
I'm so exhausted of the narrative around"French" African athletes. Really hoping the hype doesn't match the result..

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm so exhausted of the narrative around"French" African athletes. Really hoping the hype doesn't match the result..

Not only do I think Chet Holmgren will be better but also in a few years Rocco Zikarsky who is 7'3 from Australia will
also be as good or better than the Wemby. The league will do their best though to help him shine as will the media.
This is where our guys really have to go out there and earn it as the media is not fair to white players.