2022 World Outdoor Season

sprintstar

Mentor
In watching Swoboda for several years now she has the most unorthodox start, she literally comes straight up chin tucked abit out of the blocks into her drive phase then into acceleration...seems to work for her. I wonder if going to the head down for the first 20m-25m would help her....be interesting to see her try it.

greyghost

Mentor
For me Warholm. Has done what he needs too in the hurdles ...he should be looking at the 400 flat ....new challenge ...do something that will never be done again .......

I love track and field but I have been aware for some time this thread only gets a handful of posters. This is strictly a subjective question but what do some posters think Cole Beck, Zachary Jewell, Matthew Boling and Devin Quinn could run if they had ideal conditions run a time in the 4 x 100 relay ? I'm pretty sure the United States has never had a deeper pool of white sprinting talent unless you go back to the time of Thane Baker or Lindy Remegino. Food for thought,

Jake Doran, Australia 10.19. + 1.2 wind today. I believe that is a personal best. Nope 10.15. Sorry. Still bloody fast.

sprintstar

Mentor
I think Boling can break 9.90 or faster, Beck high 9.9’s, Jewell hopefully 10 flat, Quinn maybe dip below 10 seconds.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's a little frustrating but it seems to me that Germany is going out of there way to promote the black sprinters on their team while not giving equal treatment for the white sprinters. I won't go into it but guys like Kevin Kranz, Julian Wagner
and many others need the chance to make their name known too. Just had to vent a little. The least they could do is treat the sprinters equally.

The Diamond League Race in Rome is gonna be fun to watch. In the sprints we have Emile Erasmus in the 100 and Filippo Tortu in the 200 meters. Also Femke Bol in the 400 hurdles and many other elite athletes. Good luck to all of them!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
In addition to the Huge Diamond League Race in Rome tommorow there is a small meet that I noticed. Richard Kilty is racing and he has been retired for a while now but there are is some talent here. Here
is the starting list for the mens 100 meters.

Dráha Jméno Ročník Oddíl/stát PB SB
Dominik Illovszky 02 Hungary
Hungary.png
10.36 10.37
Kojo Musah 96 Denmark
Denmark.png
10.14 10.49
Richard Kilty 89 United Kingdom
United Kingdom.png
Zdeněk Stromšík 94 Czech Republic
Czech Republic.png
10.16 10.43
Markus Fuchs 95 Austria
Austria.png
10.17 10.17
Elijah Hall 94 United States
United States.png
10.02 10.02
Robert McDonnell 02 Ireland
Ireland.png
10.43 10.43
Derick Silva 98 Brazil
Brazil.png
(čt, 9.6.2022 - 18:22) Přihláška v PDF Excel Přihlášky Výsledky

sprintstar

Mentor
Well done Abby Steiner. Shae Anderson qualifies for the final in the womens 400m by finishing 6th overall in 50.94, well done Shae Anderson!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Abby Steiner wins her heat in 10.90, she is second top qualifier

Yes by only by 1000's of a second as Steiner as the same exact top time and another new p.b. for her. I just hope she didn't leave it mostly on the track for this race as she races the 200 meters semifinals in about 40 minutes from now.
Abby Steiner is amazing and she is as smooth as they come. I've said it before but Boling could learn from her about relaxation and letting the speed flow through you.

freedom1

Mentor
Too bad Boling is in lane 1 for the final. Being with those top performers could really pull him to a new PB.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Abby Steiner is looking very good!

She could pull off the double . . . but (unfortunately) she is also part of the 4x100m and 4x400m relays.
So today she will have run 4 races. I just hope the relays don't sap her strength for the individual events.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Too bad Boling is in lane 1 for the final. Being with those top performers could really pull him to a new PB.

Yes it is but excuses are for losers. Boling made his bed and now he has to sleep in it. His form has not been there anyway so unless he shocks everyone including me he will even finish in the top 5. At least he has lane 4
in the 200 meters but even there I could see him taking 2nd or 3rd because of him running tight. Can Matthew relax tommorow? We shall see. I sure hope so. He has a wind legal sub 10 and sub 20 but that was several weeks
ago and he has went downhill since. Like jacknyc said, he probably peaked too early. Still hoping for the best tommorow night!

freedom1

Mentor
Trey Cunningham looks very strong. Hopefully the conditions will be good and he can break 13.00.

I hope Matt's coaches are able to get him to calm down and just have fun with it. He has looked so tight.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Trey Cunningham is so good that he just may break thw 110 Hurdles World Record in the next 4 to 6 years. Call me crazy but no one works harder in training and is as mentally tough combined with his incredible God Given Genetics! I
hope he can break the NCAA 110 Hurdlers All Tiome Record Tonight. Not likely as it's light rain on and off predicted for today but fingers crossed anyway. Trey only missed making the Olympics by 1/100th of a second last summer.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Ok it looks like we're going to miss some of the NCAA Men's finals as the College World series is only in the top of the eighth inning. The seventh inning took 30 minutes. It's possible we miss the 100M final. Is it on another channel?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Trey Cunningham wins running a 13.00 flat with no wind! He is now the 2022 NCAA National Champion and he went undefeated indoors and outdoors all season long! Wow! We also had Michigan Hurdler Joshua Zeller take the bronze medal.:campeon: