2022 NFL Week 9

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Kupp 34 yard reception
He is the best receiver in the NFL. Up to 122 yards and still time to go. Kupp should move back up into the top 5 for receivers at the minimum
but I'm hoping for him to get top 4 or 3 at the seasons halfway point approx.

It still makes me sick that Jake Funk was not given a chance. I've never seen a worse running game.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
He is the best receiver in the NFL. Up to 122 yards and still time to go. Kupp should move back up into the top 5 for receivers at the minimum
but I'm hpping for him to get top 4 or 3 at the seasons halfway point approx.

It still makes me sick that Jake Funk was not given a chance. I've never seen a worse running game.

The Bucs running game is pretty bad too!

The Hock

Master
Renfro really needed to catch that 4th down pass. Pretty good coverage and not the ideal throw. Would have been a great grab.

I see the NFL as being something like the Mafia. You're in solid you think, then one day they start looking at you funny and wondering if they should keep you around. Then you start getting left out of things. Then you get whacked.

You would think Renfro is safe, that he has proved himself. But this is the NFL. And he is white.

Rocky B

Master
Scotty Miller getting involved....
Good for him, but the Rams can’t lose.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Not sure what Miller was doing on that dropped pass. It's like he forgot how to use his hands to make an easy catch. Get your hands up and form a diamond with the fore finger and thumbs. He turned his hands under to try and catch it with ball in his face.

The Hock

Master
That was a smooth catch and run for a TD by Cole Kmet. Many had him the number one rated tight end in the draft but hadn't heard a lot about him this season.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Down the stretch in crunch time, Tom Brady threw almost exclusively to Scottie Miller and Cade Otton, and it was Otton who scored the game winner. Miller dropped a sure TD pass earlier but Brady still kept going back to him. It's a shame that it took washed-up Julio Jones getting nicked up yet again for Miller to finally see the field as he was getting open with ease.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Passing on watching the game tonight - quota bowl
Scotty Miller getting involved....
Good for him, but the Rams can’t lose.
Happy Miller finally got some tagets. I don't think the Rams are going anywhere this year - no o-line or run game to bring balance to the offense.

The Bucs can still win the division.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Not sure what Miller was doing on that dropped pass. It's like he forgot how to use his hands to make an easy catch. Get your hands up and form a diamond with the fore finger and thumbs. He turned his hands under to try and catch it with ball in his face.
I agree. I was taught that as a little kid and they still teach it to these day. The pass was high but catchable without a doubt. Glad
to see Scotty Miller get more chances. Todays loss was on all of the Bucs Receivers and not on Tom Brady.

El Gringo

Mentor
Our top QBs all have terrible lines and skill player with exception of Kupp and Stafford.

Flint

Mentor
I like Derek Henry. Reminds me of Peyton Hillis. There should be more Hillis/Henry type backs in the game.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I like Derek Henry. Reminds me of Peyton Hillis. There should be more Hillis/Henry type backs in the game.
....and Ryan Nall's. Here is Henry and Nall's NFL Combine numbers.
Nall: 6'2 232lbs.
40 time: 4.58
Vertical: 34'
BJ: 10'02
20 yard Shuttle: 4.16
3 cone: 6.95
BP: 15 reps
Note: Nall ran a 4.52, 40 at his pro day

Henry: 6'3 247
40 time: 4.54
Vertical: 37
BJ 10'10
20 yard shuttle: 4.38
3 cone: 7.20
BP 22 reps

As we've discussed Nall's numbers are freakish considering his size. Although Henry was little faster in the 40, Nall's change of direction and agility was much better than Henry's. Indicated by Nall's 20 yard shuttle and 3 cone drill.
Nall should be a starting RB in the NFL right now!

Last edited:

Flint

Mentor

BJ 10'10
BP 22 reps

As we've discussed Nall's numbers are freakish considering his size. Although Henry was little faster in the 40, Nall's change of direction and agility was much better than Henry's. Indicated by Nall's 20 yard shuttle and 3 cone drill.
Exactly! Why wouldn't you give a guy like that every chance to see what he could do! You might end up with another Henry. It's bizarre, they don't seriously make the argument that Henry has superior "swivel" or "loose hips" or some such foolishness like that. He's just a big tough runner.

El Gringo

Mentor

BJ 10'10
BP 22 reps

Nice comparison! It really is frustrating that Nall didn’t get a chance despite dominating the preseason.
I enjoy watching Henry run the ball as well.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's good to see Travis Kelce with 4 catches for 50 yards and Justin Watson with 2 for 37 yards playing well for the Chiefs.

I love Kelce as a player but don't like his views as most of us here don't. I root for him on the field and that's it. He reminds me
alot of Dirk Nowitzki of the NBA who is retired now. Dirk married a black lady which is his choice but I don't agree with throwing
away our heritage and culture to mix. That being said Nowitzki scored over 30,000 points in his NBA Career. Only 6 players have ever
done this. So I just stick with rooting for what Dirk did on the court. I do the same with Kelce on the field. He is a day one Hall of Famer
someday and he will be in the top 3 ever for career receiving yards by any nfl tightend to ever play. Incredible talent like Witten and Gronkowski. So we need to just root for what these guys do in sports as it helps influence kids to go out and do the same thing.

Warhawk_46

Master

BJ 10'10
BP 22 reps

Absolutely!

Henry is awesome and I love that style of big power running. Like past eras!

Nall should be starting and starring as well!!

TwentyTwo

Master
Agreed on Ryan "Wrecking" Nall! What is he up to now?

How many NFL teams are like the Titans?? No white players on Defense on the entire roster....nothing like equity and diversity.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Travis Kelce with yet another monster game receiving. He had 10 catches for 106 yards He seems to defy father time or at
least so far. No one does for too long but he is having one heck on a long and productive career. True superstar tightend and
one of the 3 greatests tightends to ever play the game of football.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Vrabel and the Titans have effectively eliminated the forward pass from Tennessee's offense when Willis is in there. I don't think a Titans receiver caught a single pass the entire game. That was as pathetic (and unintentionally funny) as it gets.

But hey, Aunt Crissie just loves Malik.

wile

Master
I'll just assume the Packers GM (The Gut) watched nothing but highlight catch film of his receivers, but hey the Caste System pays guys like that millions of dollars so one day when he and his group of donut killers is cast away by the owners for a new group of losers he can sit in his big house and watch ESPN and remember the days. Maybe Rodgers was off but I think anymore he is just chucking it up.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Linebacker Blake Martinez lead the Raiders with 11 total tackles (8 solo) yesterday. It took a few weeks but it seems he getting the necessary snaps now. Glad he’s landed on his feet.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
I really didn't think Scottie Miller would see the field again after the botched end zone catch. Turned out he was on the field and relied on by Brady on the final drive. Yea.

How gratifying was the Cooper Kupp TD after the play before a Tampa player was in his face? Apparently because he made some meaningless tackle he felt the need to embarrass himself. Ha.