2022 NFL Week 13

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Bills activated often injured washed-up journeyman WR John Brown from the practice squad for the game. Couldn't be bothered with Cole Beasley, who is better than the player who replaced him, Isaiah McKenzie. Beasley screwed over by the entire league, but the best players play.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Anyone else catch when Blowstreit anointed Pats RB "Raymondre" a rising star? Right on cue he fumbles.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
The Bills activated often injured washed-up journeyman WR John Brown from the practice squad for the game. Couldn't be bothered with Cole Beasley, who is better than the player who replaced him, Isaiah McKenzie. Beasley screwed over by the entire league, but the best players play.
So many Bust Journeyman WRs over the years...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure that played a factor, but Beasley had to fight like a junkyard dog to get opportunities as the Cowboys underused him. I just checked his numbers and he only started 50 of 151 games in his career. He could have had career numbers closer to Wes Welker if he had started more, and of course Welker himself had to go through a protracted racial apprenticeship.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Buffalo Bills are playing great tonight. Kind of a boring game but the Bills are showing just how good they really are. One of the favorites
to make the Super Bowl in the AFC for sure. I am feeling a Bills vs Vikings Matchup. This would be the most hyped Super Bowl Ever i.m.o.

Josh Allen so far tonight is 20 of 31 for 213 yards and 2 touchdowns. He also has 5 rushes for 23 yards through 3 quarters.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kirk Herbstreit working with Uncle Al isn't nearly as annoying as listening to Aunt Crissie. I expected him to be Collinsworth 2.0 but he hasn't been that bad during the games I've watched on Amazon. Has a much less grating voice as well.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jones runs around, Fran Tarkenton like, for about 10 seconds and then finally throws a ball toward the endzone. Not a single Patriots receiver in sight. Were they trying to get open, or just standing around in place after they ran their initial routes? The answer is obvious because it happens all the time in the NFL by "professional" receivers. Throw away basics and fundamentals in service to an agenda, and the result often is a degraded product.

wile

Master
Well Don by and by American football fans still trust the football experts, but IMO the football experts are probably worse than Fauci and that crew at what they do for a living (scam). How many of those WRs on the field for the Pats during the headless chicken play made some splash plays in HS, got some stars put on their resume and then carried forward to the NFL? I didn't watch but 30 seconds of the broadcast last night but I would bet even odds that Herb mentioned stars on those WR resumes and there they are collecting a check from Uncle Handy owner of the Pats.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Missed the game last night but looks like Mac Jones is getting unfairly criticized for the inept coaching staff around him and lack of talent surrounding him.

Warhawk_46

Master
Beasley was (and still would be) a heckuva player. Fearless, tenacious and blessed with remarkable athleticism. His outspoken stance on the clot shot got him blackballed
Out of the league.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I think the rise of the white tight end and slot receiver as an offensive weapon has coincided with the decline of the white quarterback for this reason:

The shifty athletic tight ends and wideouts bail out poor quarterbacks which allows more marginal passers rob succeed. I guess smart GMs would still want more talented players regardless of color but I also think they don’t really need to succeed.

There is only one league. It’s a monopoly. If the overall product gets degraded in service of a political agenda who loses? The fans and white athletes do of course. The thing is the owners and gms could care less about white fans, black fans, or white players.

There’s just so much money to be made that even guys who are club house poison stick around if they are black and outspoken.

Guys like Calvin Johnson are the exception in that they black, athletic and intelligent. Cooper Kupp is that guy for our folks though he is probably less exceptional relative to the population.

Cool that the bills and pats are relatively white friendly despite the Beasley situation but how can this really change unless the nfl has genuine competition? Does anyone think it will?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I think the rise of the white tight end and slot receiver as an offensive weapon has coincided with the decline of the white quarterback for this reason:

The shifty athletic tight ends and wideouts bail out poor quarterbacks which allows more marginal passers rob succeed. I guess smart GMs would still want more talented players regardless of color but I also think they don’t really need to succeed.
There is no "rise" of the White slot receiver. Hunter Renfrow is the only one I can think of but he's on IR and may possibly play again soon. But even before he was injured he was being phased out of the offense despite catching 100 passes last year.

Kyle Philips of the Titans may have become a starter this season but he too is on IR, and he too was being phased out before he was injured.

Other than that there's Kupp and Thielen, who are combination slot/outside receivers. Beasley of course is out of the league now. Rather than "rising," White receivers are being nearly completely phased out. This season has resembled the dark years of the late 1980s through the late 1990s when starting White receivers were non-existent except for Ricky Proehl. There's still a dozen or so who are backups that get to play a series occasionally, but who are the replacements for even Kupp and Thielen as they get older? Hopefully Alec Pierce, but after him there's no one at the present time.

The Hock

Master
This guy just keeps making unusual plays that seem to make him in his own category. Looks like the defenders thought he was going out of bounds and the play was over.

wile

Master
Packers stink so bad my local FOX is going with the Dirty Birds of Philthy over the usual Packers game. Nice while it lasted.

Flint

Mentor
There is no "rise" of the White slot receiver. Hunter Renfrow is the only one I can think of but he's on IR and may possibly play again soon. But even before he was injured he was being phased out of the offense despite catching 100 passes last year.

Kyle Philips of the Titans may have become a starter this season but he too is on IR, and he too was being phased out before he was injured.

Other than that there's Kupp and Thielen, who are combination slot/outside receivers. Beasley of course is out of the league now. Rather than "rising," White receivers are being nearly completely phased out. This season has resembled the dark years of the late 1980s through the late 1990s when starting White receivers were non-existent except for Ricky Proehl. There's still a dozen or so who are backups that get to play a series occasionally, but who are the replacements for even Kupp and Thielen as they get older? Hopefully Alec Pierce, but after him there's no one at the present time.
Yes it is dark days at the receiver position. As I mentioned in the Fantasy football thread at the start of the year after Kupp and Thielen there are no White receivers that get enough touches to consider picking. Alec Pierce seemed to be coming on but that faded. I had high hopes for Tom Kennedy on the Lions but he is used for one big play a game. He is essentially an Amon-ra St. Brown clone and they already have one of them.

I also thought Ben Skowronek might come on with a QB like Stafford but the Rams have of course fallen apart.

A big part of the decline is from the Patriots since for whatever reason the Brady /Belichick combo liked white receivers and often featured a slot guy and a wideout not to mention Gronk at TE. That kept a couple of whities in the mix for catches in a high powered offense.

Once again the "copycat" league finds only one thing not worth copying, white skill position players.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yes it is dark days at the receiver position. As I mentioned in the Fantasy football thread at the start of the year after Kupp and Thielen there are no White receivers that get enough touches to consider picking. Alec Pierce seemed to be coming on but that faded. I had high hopes for Tom Kennedy on the Lions but he is used for one big play a game. He is essentially an Amon-ra St. Brown clone and they already have one of them.

I also thought Ben Skowronek might come on with a QB like Stafford but the Rams have of course fallen apart.

A big part of the decline is from the Patriots since for whatever reason the Brady /Belichick combo liked white receivers and often featured a slot guy and a wideout not to mention Gronk at TE. That kept a couple of whities in the mix for catches in a high powered offense.

Once again the "copycat" league finds only one thing not worth copying, white skill position players.
Looking at today's inactives for the early games I see Tom Kennedy, Dax Milne and Cody Hollister, all healthy as far as I know. Other than Kupp, Thielen and Pierce, White receivers have been systematically degraded this season. It sucks to have the dark days of the 1990s return. . .

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looking at today's inactives for the early games I see Tom Kennedy, Dax Milne and Cody Hollister, all healthy as far as I know. Other than Kupp, Thielen and Pierce, White receivers have been systematically degraded this season. It sucks to have the dark days of the 1990s return. . .
Even darker now considering one position is getting net gains for blacks ;)

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Even darker now considering one position is getting net gains for blacks ;)
I was referring specifically to the WR position, but yeah other than TE and WR every position has fewer Whites now compared to the '90s, though defense is about the same and the Whites who do play on defense are mostly stars even though often not recognized as such by the fake news media and DWFs.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Is Andrew Wingard listed as a starter for Jacksonville, or is it one of those situations where he plays every snap of the game but the first so they can avoid showing a White safety on the top of the depth chart?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Wingard is starting because of an injury to Andre Cisco.

I was just watching the Jax game and the play by play announcer decided to blame Chad Muma for a long catch and run by a Detroit RB. Muma has 4 solo tackles in just over a quarter of play so far.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Also, it appears that Chicago, in spite of themselves, have stumbled upon a star in the making in Jack Sanborn. He's a all over the field like a maniac making tackles. Hopefully he gets the continuing opportunity to develop!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Also, it appears that Chicago, in spite of themselves, have stumbled upon a star in the making in Jack Sanborn. He's a all over the field like a maniac making tackles. Hopefully he gets the continuing opportunity to develop!
Announcers were perplexed with why he wasn't Drafted.. LOL. It's no mystery as he was a tackling machine at Wisconsin!! Playing Defense While White is his only con and not possessing 4.4 speed.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Pat Freiermuth with an awesome catch and run of 57 yards