2022 NFL Week 11

Warhawk_46

Master
He won’t reach 1k rushing in the 49ers offense. Too many mouths to feed. Wish it weren’t the case but it is. He needs to reach 1k for his career trajectory to be intact. Extremely important for the cause of white runnings backs future-state.

I hope by season’s end I can eat crow.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
He won’t reach 1k rushing in the 49ers offense. Too many mouths to feed. Wish it weren’t the case but it is. He needs to reach 1k for his career trajectory to be intact. Extremely important for the cause of white runnings backs future-state.

He's over 600 yards rushing now with 7 games left in the season. I don't disagree with you that he should get the ball more as a runner but I think 1K yards on the ground should be something he achieves.

Have to wonder if Cucksbury is on his way out in Arizona.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
He's over 600 yards rushing now with 7 games left in the season. I don't disagree with you that he should get the ball more as a runner but I think 1K yards on the ground should be something he achieves.

Have to wonder if Cucksbury is on his way out in Arizona.
He'll have average more than 35 yards a game. Which is what he's averaged the last two. He'll need to break few long ones only getting 6-7 carries. He was close a time or two tonight and in last weeks game.
Gotta feel for Juice as well. He only got one touch. He should be getting more carries and receptions.
As Warhawk said. Too many mouths to feed.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

He will get there but it's gonna hurt his legacy. Cmac is far too talented to be getting less carries. Hoping the blowout was part
of the reason for it but this only happens to white superstar players! It's so unfair.

C-Mac with 106 all-purpose yards tonight, not bad. We'll see how his usage pans out the rest of the season. Like others have said, too many mouths - and egos - to feed.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
The 49ers have legitimate mouths to feed (I haven't seen evidence of egos being a problem . . . yet).
But that's why when the trade happened, I said I didn't think it was a good destination for him.

On the other hand, he can get to the playoffs and maybe even the Super Bowl with the 49ers.
That would be good for him personally, even if it's not good for his stats. And that could be good for Caste Football too, because the Niners have Garoppolo, McCaffrey, Kittle, and Juszczyk in key offensive positions, which will make an impression on the casual fans if they go deep in the playoffs.

Last edited:

northwinds

Mentor
Even with CMAc’s less than desirable usage, the 49ers are a fun team to watch with Jimmy G, Kittle, Juice and McCaffrey. Would like to see them in the SB…….

backrow

Hall of Famer
McCaffrey is currently projected to reach 1065 but that takes into account his games in Carolina. Now, with his current usage I guess he needs to break a long run or two in order to safely get that.
I also wish they ran him behind Juszczyk more. Here's hoping he can get all the way to SB while actually getting the ball...

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's been a crazy season so far. Despite the madness the Bills are tied for first with the Dolphins. The bad thing is that they are 0 and 2
in conference play. Will probably hurt them with over half the season over. The playoffs will by alot tougher but they have the talent.
Very happy to see the Vikings sitting at 8-2 after 10 games. They have the 2nd best record in the nfl. So not too sad about the Dallas
Debacle. The Titans continue to impress along with other teams Love seeing the Cards burn. Hope they move on from their coach.

Too many other teams to talk about but I just wanted to list a few bright spots so far with the Rams and other teams we like in the
dumpster due to injuries and other factors. I think this will be Minnesotas year to win the Super Bowl. Yes I said it. This would be epic!

The Hock

Master
Watching both of Kittle's TD's the defenders around him looked like some real ass clowns in football pads. They laid down a couple good blocks on each other. Similar to self tackling.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The 49ers have legitimate mouths to feed (I haven't seen evidence of egos being a problem . . . yet).
But that's why when the trade happened, I said I didn't think it was a good destination for him.

On the other hand, he can get to the playoffs and maybe even the Super Bowl with the 49ers.
That would be good for him personally, even if it's not good for his stats. And that could be good for Caste Football too, because the Niners have Garoppolo, McCaffrey, Kittle, and Juszczyk in key offensive positions, which will make an impression on the casual fans if they go deep in the playoffs.
I agree with that and with what some others have said. I liked the trade when it happened and after a couple of weeks now think McCaffrey is on the best team possible.

Do we really want him to be getting 350 or 400 touches again at this stage of his career, especially the way his body broke down the past two seasons while getting that kind of workload? He's proven he can produce at the highest level in the NFL and already has a legacy. There's few if any NFL running backs that can handle the kind of workload Christian successfully did for a couple of years before the injuries started. Derrick Henry comes closest but even he had a significant injury last season. Joe Mixon has been a pretty good workhorse who gets nicked up, while Najeeh Harris has already begun breaking down after one workhorse season. Same with Jonathan Taylor.

Being a star on a topnotch RBBC, as just about all teams use RBBCs now, on a good team works in McCaffrey's favor. It's still too early to know exactly how he's going to be used, but if he averages at least 100 yards per game running and receiving that still puts him among the elite at his position and will prolong his career. Think of Aaron Jones and A. J. Dillon, a RBBC that benefits both, though Jones is the premier back of the two, just as Christian will likely be.

Add in the fact that the 49ers look very strong again this season after nearly making it to the Super Bowl last year, and add in Kittle, Garappolo, and Juszczyk, who is the only fullback in the league regarded as a star, and I don't see how it could be a better situation. It could all change next year if Lance is back, but at this point Kyle Shanahan has to be regarded as one of the top five coaches in the league along with Sean McVay, Andy Reid, John Harbaugh and The Genius. Other than when SF was beseiged with injuries he's produced a powerhouse team. So I'm not worried about next year, I'm just going to enjoy the rest of this season and root for the 49ers offense (and Nick Bosa).

Last edited:

Warhawk_46

Master
McCaffrey is currently projected to reach 1065 but that takes into account his games in Carolina. Now, with his current usage I guess he needs to break a long run or two in order to safely get that.
I also wish they ran him behind Juszczyk more. Here's hoping he can get all the way to SB while actually getting the ball...
Even with a timeshare with Mitchell (a good back that currently seems more comfortable in the 49ers system), CMC should be getting 15 carries to Mitchell’s 10 on average. He should also be catching 5-7 passes a game on average.

From a Caste perspective, it is incredibly important CMC hits 1k yards the next few seasons. He has all the talent in the world to but it is maddening to see him on a team with the league premier fullback and him rarely running behind Juice. Meanwhile, I see Mitchell getting those opportunities.

This was the big fear I had with him going to San Fransisco… I’m not certain Shanahan knows how to handle a superstar running back. He is in love with his “system” and just doesn’t seem to understand a back like CMC. Maybe he will get there.

On the flip side, if the 49ers can make a deep post-season run it will be good for Christian, Jimmy G, Juice, Kittle.

But CMC’s legacy is getting hurt unfortunately. He needed to really make up ground due to the last two lost seasons.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
I thought Colt McCoy's performance in the 1st half was excellent. After the interception, which was no fault of his, the momentum shifted. San Fran started to really beat up on him. Hope he is okay.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Even with a timeshare with Mitchell (a good back that currently seems more comfortable in the 49ers system), CMC should be getting 15 carries to Mitchell’s 10 on average. He should also be catching 5-7 passes a game on average. "Quote from Warhawk_46"

I could not of said it any better than you did. We just want Cmac to get the majority of the carries. Hopefully the blowout was a big reason
for him not. I do think the niners have a good chance at a deep playoff and possible super bowl run. That would be great for McCaffrey!

I still stand by what I said above several posts ago. I don't see anyone beating the Vikings in the NFC this year whether in the regular season or in the playoffs. I've waited for this for a long time as have many of us loyal posters here. Hopefully Thielen will play a bigger role in the playoff and super bowl run. I believe he will as he still has so much talent! Vikings Bills would be my dream. I know many will say but Philly is 9-1. Yes they are but they are far too young and inexperienced. The Vikings are ready. The AFC is more of a toss up in my honest opinion.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
What Don said.
Even with a timeshare with Mitchell (a good back that currently seems more comfortable in the 49ers system), CMC should be getting 15 carries to Mitchell’s 10 on average. He should also be catching 5-7 passes a game on average.

From a Caste perspective, it is incredibly important CMC hits 1k yards the next few seasons. He has all the talent in the world to but it is maddening to see him on a team with the league premier fullback and him rarely running behind Juice. Meanwhile, I see Mitchell getting those opportunities.

This was the big fear I had with him going to San Fransisco… I’m not certain Shanahan knows how to handle a superstar running back. He is in love with his “system” and just doesn’t seem to understand a back like CMC. Maybe he will get there.

On the flip side, if the 49ers can make a deep post-season run it will be good for Christian, Jimmy G, Juice, Kittle.

But CMC’s legacy is getting hurt unfortunately. He needed to really make up ground due to the last two lost seasons.

It's hard to disagree with either perspective here. Right Don. Do we really want CMAC get 350+ touches, but all of us, I believe want to see McCaffrey be the best, which from an all-round perspective he is. I for one want him to get 10,000+ rushing yards and to get another white RB in the top 20 all time and or farther. But, he may not make it. So, we need to enjoy what he is doing now and hope for the best. Getting into the Super Bowl would be amazing for everyone to see his talent.
Like wise as Warhawk and I have alluded to, it's nuts to see him line-up by himself in the backfield and run up the middle with 7-8-9 in the box and everyone in the stadium know what's coming, CMAC did a get few carries off tackle and I believe he ran behind Juice once. Each play produced great results. The sweep went for 20 and the other 8-9 yards. Why even bother trying to run up the middle without a FB, and that goes for just about any team with any RB? Why? rarely does that play go for more than 1-2 yards, and sometimes you lose yardage. You're better off sneaking the QB or slipping the FB through. Juice got 4 yards on his only touch of the evening.
When I step back and look, Shanahan did use McCaffrey almost to perfection. I believe he had 7 carries and 7 receptions. A few more carries to the outside in space would have been perfect, but the Niners were way up and no use risking getting him injured.
What is a little bit lost is the receiving ability of CMAC. He was targeted 7 times and he caught all 7. How many times do we see the (GREAT) athletic WR's drop passes, especially over the middle. Most of McCaffrey's catches were across the middle and he caught them all! We take for granted what a great receiver this man is. JG's throws were not all on target and Aikman made mention of McCaffrey's ability to adjust and twist his body to make the catch and make the first guy miss and head down field for a positive gain.
I agree, his legacy is in tack. The only NFL RB to average 50 yards rushing and 50 yards receiving for his career. Hopefully that holds up and we all can sit back and see what else this young man will do!

jphoss

Mentor
The Cardinals, Chargers, Lions and Bengals are the only teams that have a sprinkling of overachievers on defense.
I'm glad to see Drue Tranquil playing well. I've been a fan of his since his Notre Dame days. I remember having to listen to the DWF and media talk about the need to get "more athleticism" on the field and replace him, nevermind he was BY FAR more athletic than the black linebackers on the roster and his testing proved that- 11.6 60 yard shuttle, 6.94 three cone drill, 122 inch broad jump, 37.5 vert, and a very solid 4.58 forty. Plus he is a great role model and outspoken Christian!

Warhawk_46

Master
It's hard to disagree with either perspective here. Right Don. Do we really want CMAC get 350+ touches, but all of us, I believe want to see McCaffrey be the best, which from an all-round perspective he is. I for one want him to get 10,000+ rushing yards and to get another white RB in the top 20 all time and or farther. But, he may not make it. So, we need to enjoy what he is doing now and hope for the best. Getting into the Super Bowl would be amazing for everyone to see his talent.
Like wise as Warhawk and I have alluded to, it's nuts to see him line-up by himself in the backfield and run up the middle with 7-8-9 in the box and everyone in the stadium know what's coming, CMAC did a get few carries off tackle and I believe he ran behind Juice once. Each play produced great results. The sweep went for 20 and the other 8-9 yards. Why even bother trying to run up the middle without a FB, and that goes for just about any team with any RB? Why? rarely does that play go for more than 1-2 yards, and sometimes you lose yardage. You're better off sneaking the QB or slipping the FB through. Juice got 4 yards on his only touch of the evening.
When I step back and look, Shanahan did use McCaffrey almost to perfection. I believe he had 7 carries and 7 receptions. A few more carries to the outside in space would have been perfect, but the Niners were way up and no use risking getting him injured.
What is a little bit lost is the receiving ability of CMAC. He was targeted 7 times and he caught all 7. How many times do we see the (GREAT) athletic WR's drop passes, especially over the middle. Most of McCaffrey's catches were across the middle and he caught them all! We take for granted what a great receiver this man is. JG's throws were not all on target and Aikman made mention of McCaffrey's ability to adjust and twist his body to make the catch and make the first guy miss and head down field for a positive gain.
I agree, his legacy is in tack. The only NFL RB to average 50 yards rushing and 50 yards receiving for his career. Hopefully that holds up and we all can sit back and see what else this young man will do!
I can also see this perspective, and try not to lose sight of the receiving ability. He could be a Pro Bowl slot receiver no question!

However, small(ish) white men have been slotted into (no pun intended) the slot position, the Welker-effect so to speak. They dominate and I am pleased with this. They should be featured more!

However, that is a Caste-approved position and the talk amongst many media and DWFs is that CMC should move to the slot position. I vehemently oppose this viewpoint and will argue it - white men at running back is my hill to die on. It is the position with the most (outside of QB) historical significance and white men are often call too fragile, not tough enough to be a running back.

Minds need to change and with this mission in the forefront, CMC’s historical significance cannot be understated. As alluded to, he must reach 10k yards if possible. That will happen if he is given ample enough Carrie’s over the next few years.

We cannot play the game of being ok with 7 carries versus 10-15 (or more if the situation warrants) because CMC is tough enough to handle it. White MEN are tough enough to handle the load.

Warhawk_46

Master
I'm glad to see Drue Tranquil playing well. I've been a fan of his since his Notre Dame days. I remember having to listen to the DWF and media talk about the need to get "more athleticism" on the field and replace him, nevermind he was BY FAR more athletic than the black linebackers on the roster and his testing proved that- 11.6 60 yard shuttle, 6.94 three cone drill, 122 inch broad jump, 37.5 vert, and a very solid 4.58 forty. Plus he is a great role model and outspoken Christian!
Druw Tranquil is a supreme athlete at the linebacker position!! Glad to see him playing so well. Kudos to the Chargers for giving him the opportunity.

As a Wisconsite, it pains me to see what Gunte-cuck has done to the roster. Ty Summers was a similarity athletic specimen and given virtually no opportunity despairs very mediocre linebackers.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Druw Tranquil is a supreme athlete at the linebacker position!! Glad to see him playing so well. Kudos to the Chargers for giving him the opportunity.

As a Wisconsite, it pains me to see what Gunte-cuck has done to the roster. Ty Summers was a similarity athletic specimen and given virtually no opportunity despairs very mediocre linebackers.
Gutenkunt gutted The Packs overachievers from his first day in the office.. It's painfully boring watching GB this year..

Warhawk_46

Master
Who said they were OK with 7 carries?
No one in particular here, just implying his number of carries are crucially important.

Just as Scotty Miller being used as, essentially, a decoy much of the time is not ok. The media has already been alluding to CMC being a lot receiver, as that is an easier pill to swallow than a flat-out dominant running back.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
No one in particular here, just implying his number of carries are crucially important.
I agree. But that may not happen as long as Mitchell is performing well. Although he did get 14 carries the week before, I believe the reason he may not have gotten more than 7 this week was the use of Mitchell along with the game was out of reach by the end of the 3rd quarter. In this particular game there was no need to play CMAC beyond 3rd quarter to risk injury. He'll be needed if the 49ers are to make it to the Super Bowl.

Warhawk_46

Master
I agree. But that may not happen as long as Mitchell is performing well. Although he did get 14 carries the week before, I believe the reason he may not have gotten more than 7 this week was the use of Mitchell along with the game was out of reach by the end of the 3rd quarter. In this particular game there was no need to play CMAC beyond 3rd quarter to risk injury. He'll be needed if the 49ers are to make it to the Super Bowl.
Good point about this past week.

I just really hope he can hit the 1k mark. He is due for a big game here soon… thinking he can break a few long runs yet this season to help his stats. If he were running behind Juice I bet he would.