2022 Denver Broncos

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
2022 Broncos Preview

I figured I knock this one out in a timely matter so you can decide if you want to watch the Seahawks and their 2 starters against the Broncos on MNF. Spoiler, you probably don't.

Total White Athletes on Roster (Starters in bold)
14 Whites total, with 4 or 5 starters. Grade: F+

QB - Brett Rypien
TE - Greg Dulcich, Andrew Beck, Eric Tomlinson, Eric Saubert
G - Dalton Risner, Quinn Meinerz, Graham Glasgow
C - Luke Wattenberg
DL - Matt Henningsen
LB - Josey Jewell, Alex Singleton

K - Brandon McManus
LS - Jacob Bobenmoyer

IR - Garett Bolles (T), Tom Compton (OL)
PS - Quinn Bailey (T)

Where to begin....this team is a Caste mess. Black QB, no White players that will catch more than a token pass as blocking tight ends and even the punter is a negro. The only thing that interests me is the possibility of having two starting ILBs but that is tentative. Singleton is in a competition for that spot and the black player (Griffith) is returning from injury much sooner than expected. Some reports say he might be playing tonight, so I guess we'll see how things shake out. Jewell is a beast and a tackling machine. So is Singleton yet he's treated with such disrespect. Last year, he was benched while being a top 5 tackler in the league and grading out just fine in the other categories. The cuck HC in Philly just couldn't bear having Alex stand in the way of one of his upsiders. Sadly, it seems the Denver staff maybe no different. It should be noted that some charts have Glasgow starting over Meinerz but it'll be a wash for us. Also should be noted, rookie TE Dulcich would have been a factor in the offense if he were not injured. He was a dynamic pass catcher back in college.

Overall I'll be rooting for this team to lose, with the exception of times like tonight, when the opponent is more odious.

Edit to add 10/20/22: Greg Dulchich is back from the PUP list and is starting, which makes this team a little more interesting. However, Bolles is on IR leading to one less starter on the line.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This should be good news for Alex Singleton, but you never know when or if Singleton will ever stop receiving the Singleton Treatment:

Broncos LB Jonas Griffith (foot) will likely miss the rest of the 2022 season.​

Griffith suffered a foot injury in practice and will be out indefinitely -- with not that much time left, most Broncos beat writers believe he'll be out for the remainder of the season. Griffith has started most games for the Broncos this year and been extremely up-and-down -- he had three PFF game grades of under 40, and four above 65. He'll be part of the starting conversation in 2023 as an exclusive right free agent.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Blackos look like they'll be forced to play both honkeys at same time at LB. I know this pains them greatly.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
It’s sad that it would take an injury to Griffith to make Singleton the unquestioned starter between the two. Don, myself and others have showed the stats and data which favors Singleton by a wide margin. The only possible explanation for the Griffith infatuation is literally the “upside meme”. What a Clown World we live in.

Bucky

Hall of Famer

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
At least Alex Singleton gets some recognition in this article, as does Jewell, but of course it's Surtain who's the Pro Bowler. It's also comical how it's mentioned that Singleton had a phenomenal 163 tackles in just 12 games yet "he emerged as one of the more productive players for Denver." Only one of the more productive players? Talk about damning with faint praise but of course it's always been that way for Singleton and almost all White defensive players. Excerpts:

The Broncos' top defensive player in 2022 is no secret. Cornerback Pat Surtain II has earned several honors — All-Pro selections, a Pro Bowl nod, etc. — that say as much.

As good as Surtain was, some other players on Denver's defense have flown under the radar. For NFL.com's Nick Shook and Pro Football Focus' Marcus Mosher, one player who hasn't gotten his due is Broncos inside linebacker Alex Singleton. Shook picked him as an "unsung hero" and Singleton was named by Mosher as a "secret superhero."

"I initially chose Pat Surtain II for this, but his first-team All-Pro designation shows that he's getting his proper due," Shook wrote. "Singleton, however, still flies under the radar, even after he just put together his best professional season. The folks over at PFF weren't sleeping on Singleton: They graded him at 79.1 overall, good enough to land just outside the top 10 in linebacker grades across the league. This came as a result of injuries forcing Denver to elevate the quiet offseason addition who joined the Broncos as a depth defender and special teamer; he ended up starting 12 games and leading the team in tackles with 163. He'll be a free agent March, and after playing an important part for a stellar (but ultimately wasted) Broncos defense, Singleton should attract some attention on the open market. He's certainly earned it."

Singleton was a somewhat unheralded addition a year ago when he signed a one-year contract with the Broncos. Yet he emerged as one of the more productive players for Denver.

"The Broncos got really good play from their linebackers this season, as Josey Jewell was able to stay healthy and on the field," Mosher wrote. "However, their best linebacker was none other than Singleton, who was a monster in the run game. Not only did he lead the team in tackles (118), but he also led them in stops (62). He posted 22 more run stops than the next-highest player on the team."

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
At least Alex Singleton gets some recognition in this article, as does Jewell, but of course it's Surtain who's the Pro Bowler. It's also comical how it's mentioned that Singleton had a phenomenal 163 tackles in just 12 games yet "he emerged as one of the more productive players for Denver." Only one of the more productive players? Talk about damning with faint praise but of course it's always been that way for Singleton and almost all White defensive players. Excerpts:

The Broncos' top defensive player in 2022 is no secret. Cornerback Pat Surtain II has earned several honors — All-Pro selections, a Pro Bowl nod, etc. — that say as much.

As good as Surtain was, some other players on Denver's defense have flown under the radar. For NFL.com's Nick Shook and Pro Football Focus' Marcus Mosher, one player who hasn't gotten his due is Broncos inside linebacker Alex Singleton. Shook picked him as an "unsung hero" and Singleton was named by Mosher as a "secret superhero."

"I initially chose Pat Surtain II for this, but his first-team All-Pro designation shows that he's getting his proper due," Shook wrote. "Singleton, however, still flies under the radar, even after he just put together his best professional season. The folks over at PFF weren't sleeping on Singleton: They graded him at 79.1 overall, good enough to land just outside the top 10 in linebacker grades across the league. This came as a result of injuries forcing Denver to elevate the quiet offseason addition who joined the Broncos as a depth defender and special teamer; he ended up starting 12 games and leading the team in tackles with 163. He'll be a free agent March, and after playing an important part for a stellar (but ultimately wasted) Broncos defense, Singleton should attract some attention on the open market. He's certainly earned it."

Singleton was a somewhat unheralded addition a year ago when he signed a one-year contract with the Broncos. Yet he emerged as one of the more productive players for Denver.

"The Broncos got really good play from their linebackers this season, as Josey Jewell was able to stay healthy and on the field," Mosher wrote. "However, their best linebacker was none other than Singleton, who was a monster in the run game. Not only did he lead the team in tackles (118), but he also led them in stops (62). He posted 22 more run stops than the next-highest player on the team."

It’s frustrating as he did the exact same thing for the Eagles in previous seasons when he was “allowed” to start. The article makes is sound like Denver picked up some nobody off the scrap heap.

Negativity aside, I hope this season has finally made Singleton the desired commodity that he’s always been. A multi year deal with some good guaranteed money from Denver, or someone else, will hopefully give him the job security he deserves.

Phall

Master
The alternate universe would be funny if he traded for Taysom Hill and worked with Russ on a lot of weird packages that have never been seen.

Apart from that, my grade for the Broncos trade is a very pronounced "F"!!!!!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Broncos gave up alot of draft capital for Wilson last year and now Payton. Going to be interesting to see how this pans out. My guess is not good - it will be fun to see this experiment fail.