2022 College Football Week 2

woody39

Mentor
Just tuning in to Penn state hosting Ohio Bobcats here in the UK. Up 14 0 early on good run by the black RB Singleton 70 yard TD but just before showing a good clip package of Clifford the Penn QB on the first touchdoiwn series. He looks good early here.

Also the next good white Penn state TE in the making by the looks of it with Tyler Warren making a good catch and route on third down on the first touchdowns series.

Rourke looks good for Ohio Bobcats at QB under pressure constantly though.

woody39

Mentor
Wake Forest Sam Hartman 7 of 11 for 156 and 2 touchdowns so far. Looks like a 25 yard catch for Taylor Morin. He got 5 for 71 and a score last week as well. Good start

Last edited:

woody39

Mentor
Great bullet throw by Clifford for Penn State in a tight window to put Penn state up 26 7. 19-25 with 213 yards and 1 TD

El Gringo

Mentor
I’m listening to the Alabama /Texas game on the radio. Texas has definitely stalled all Offensively with Ewers out. Their defense is stifling in Bryce Young for sure.

Now it seems like Hudson Card has a limp as well. They don’t have a third string quarterback on their roster!

Rocky B

Master
To be fair, isn’t Luke around 6’2”? Pretty tall for a running back as I cannot see him putting in the requisite weight at that height (230ish) to have an effective body to take the pounding a running back takes. Plumlee, on the other hand, is 6’ and if he can bulk to 210-215 lbs he would be dynamite. He runs a legit 4.3 and just plays faster than everyone else on the field.

He will play either running back or slot… honestly he could be a Percy Harvin-type if player. Or Deebo Samuel… only 2/3 running 1/3 receiving rather than Debo’s opposite ratio.
Either way, it needs to happen or two of our most athletic guys are going to be caste aside

Rocky B

Master
I was watching a bit of Ga St. Tucker Gregg ran the ball several times in a row, then basically disappeared. 6-27 at the half. Didn’t come out for the third quarter TD drive,,,,

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Curious as to why the supposed best RB in college football is not taking over the offense for Texas.

Rocky B

Master
Tucker Gregg just ripped off a nice ten yard gain or so......Out come the throwback, lunchpail, bullish!t. He’s 5’10 220...They called him an old school fullback like Mike Allstot...Really?

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Saban must have bought the referees. Bryce Young sacked in the end zone for a safety and the referees called a roughing the QB while he was clearly not down yet. Ewers in street clothes. Card limping, may be hurt as well. Young only 10-18 71 yards and no TDS.

El Gringo

Mentor
It sounds like the refs just bailed out Alabama and cost Texas a safety! The. Radio announcers both agreed it was a safety because young intentionally grounded. I know Texas isn’t that white friendly but I sure want them to beat Alabama.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Wake Forest Sam Hartman 7 of 11 for 156 and 2 touchdowns so far. Looks like a 25 yard catch for Taylor Morin. He got 5 for 71 and a score last week as well. Good start
Great to see Hartman back. I'm wondering why this game wasn't televised locally? He' now thrown 3 TDS

El Gringo

Mentor
I
Tucker Gregg just ripped off a nice ten yard gain or so......Out come the throwback, lunchpail, bullish!t. He’s 5’10 220...They called him an old school fullback like Mike Allstot...Really?
It is a bunch of B.S.! Every white man over 210 pounds that carries the ball is automatically considered a fullback and compared to all Allsot. Which is a pretty good comparison but Allstot should’ve been a featured tailback not split duties as a blocking back.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
It sounds like the refs just bailed out Alabama and cost Texas a safety! The. Radio announcers both agreed it was a safety because young intentionally grounded. I know Texas isn’t that white friendly but I sure want them to beat Alabama.
Texas up 13-10

El Gringo

Mentor
Hudson card limping just pulls off a 20 yard run! What a stud definitely in pain

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Marshall playing Notre Dame - keep an eye out to see if Ethan Payne will get carries. Rooting against ND until they replace the korean QB for Drew Pyne

El Gringo

Mentor
Damn it Alabama converts on fourth and three! They’re getting momentum unfortunately. Touchdown.

Carolina speed did you see the hit on Ewers? Was it a cheap shot?