2022 College Football Week 2

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Week 2 kicks off tonight. Not much to get excited about outside of UCF QB John Rhys Plumlee

The big matchup of the week is Alabama at Texas. Texas still has a bad defense and Ewers is in his second start. Texas is probably a 7-5 team this year so the only real hype behind this game is the names of the two teams involved.

Iowa St faces off against Iowa. Maybe Iowa will be better on offense this week or at least Ferentz can be convinced that the state of Iowa produces good QBs like the one he will be facing in Hunter Dekkers.

USC-Stanford - this might be a trap game for USC. It will certainly be a big game for potential 1st round QB Tanner McKee.

icsept

Master
I’m on the couch, ready to watch UCF. Hope Plumlee has another huge game. Concurrently, I hope Ole Miss has a terrible season.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Plumber busted off about a 30yd run earlier in 2nd quarter! He has some wheels. So far UCF is leading Louisville 14-7 at half.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Plumber busted off about a 30yd run earlier in 2nd quarter! He has some wheels. So far UCF is leading Louisville 14-7 at half.
He is gonna be one of my favoirte qb's to watch this year. He has almost 70 yards rushing in the first half.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I still think his future lies at RB. Needs a lot of work as a passer.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I still think his future lies at RB. Needs a lot of work as a passer.

Great minds think alike. The problem is that when it's time for the nfl draft in 2 years, he will have 0 experience as a running back. I wanted
him to stay at Ole Miss and for them to put him at running back and not wide receiver. He has not time to throw tonight as the UCF O line
has not played very good. The are fortunate to be winning a close game almost headed to the 4th quarter. He is a natural at rb just like
the McCaffrey Brother that went to Colorado. Too many people fall in love with being a qb. Do what your best at!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Great minds think alike. The problem is that when it's time for the nfl draft in 2 years, he will have 0 experience as a running back. I wanted
him to stay at Ole Miss and for them to put him at running back and not wide receiver. He has not time to throw tonight as the UCF O line
has not played very good. The are fortunate to be winning a close game almost headed to the 4th quarter. He is a natural at rb just like
the McCaffrey Brother that went to Colorado. Too many people fall in love with being a qb. Do what your best at!

It's not just about ability. It's about opportunity. Kiffin was never going to put him in at running back - he squandered Plumlee for 2 seasons. Agreed he is not the most polished passer, he's fun to watch. He reminds me a bit of Eric Crouch. At least now he is starting and seeing playing time.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
We're all on the same page regarding Plumlee! Helluva talent. Don't mean to be too critical. Going to enjoy what he does this year as a College QB! Kiffin is a clown.

booth

Mentor
Plumlee had two TD passes called back last night but the media wants to harp on the 1 int he threw. Plus, he was replaced at the goal line twice, and some mixed-looking dude scored. It's like his coach said last night it has been 2 years since he has played QB and he will improve with more playing time.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Plumlee had two TD passes called back last night but the media wants to harp on the 1 int he threw. Plus, he was replaced at the goal line twice, and some mixed-looking dude scored. It's like his coach said last night it has been 2 years since he has played QB and he will improve with more playing time.

The TD pass called back on the holding call was highly questionable. Plumlee made some nice throws - there was a great back shoulder throw early in the game and some errant passes as well. The Malzahn offense is kind of a mind **** to watch - lots of misdirection, short screen passes, draw plays - certainly not a traditional offense. Plumlee couldn't get into any sort of rhythm in the passing game. I still think they win 9-10 games this year. He still has another year of eligibility as well.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Let's hope UNC QB Drake Maye continues his hot start to the season - the best QB no one in the country is talking about. If anyone watches him today let me know if you see a little Justin Herbert in his game. Duke QB Riley Leonard had a stellar debut last week as well - Duke is facing Northwestern.

Miami QB Tyler Van Dyke is another QB no one in the mainstream media is talking about. Reminds me a little of Big Ben!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
@Don Wassall - gotta say I really like the site since the upgrade. It looks better and is much quicker to load. My only issue is it takes 3 minutes between creating threads - learned that the hard way when reposting several of the missing write-ups LOL.

Warhawk_46

Master
I agree as well.....Luke McCaffrey and JRP should bulk up, get to about 215-220 lbs and be a running back. Luke is playing WR for Rice...Th kid is a runner! Put him in the backfield.
To be fair, isn’t Luke around 6’2”? Pretty tall for a running back as I cannot see him putting in the requisite weight at that height (230ish) to have an effective body to take the pounding a running back takes. Plumlee, on the other hand, is 6’ and if he can bulk to 210-215 lbs he would be dynamite. He runs a legit 4.3 and just plays faster than everyone else on the field.

He will play either running back or slot… honestly he could be a Percy Harvin-type if player. Or Deebo Samuel… only 2/3 running 1/3 receiving rather than Debo’s opposite ratio.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Watching the Alabama/Texas game. I found it difficult to believe that there are NO white offensive linemen in all of the state of Texas' high school football teams that can't start for the Texas Longhorns.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
If the media wants to criticize Plumlee, would they criticize the New Mexico black quarterback instead? Just seeing the boxscore, the senior quota (who’s gotten chances at Kansas too) was awful. 9 for 28(!) for 98 yards. -30 yards rushing with all the sacks. I’m sure there are no White athletes in NM or the neighboring states who could do better! Lol. This quota is from CA so there’s no excuse he’s local.

Most college programs are a joke and just use the football team as an affirmative action grift.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Watching the Alabama/Texas game. I found it difficult to believe that there are NO white offensive linemen in all of the state of Texas' high school football teams that can't start for the Texas Longhorns.
OK. I must have missed something. I didn't see any white OL on the first series, now it looks like there's three white Ol out there now.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
We know that is bunk. Most of the top HS teams in Texas are very White from suburbs around the big cities. Tons of big, athlete White “farm or rancher types”. If Texas doesn’t recruit them it’s because the university and football program are anti-White.