2022-'23 NBA Season

white lightning

Hall of Famer
We have 3 white guys of the 8 contestants in the 3 Point Contest. Let's see how they do!

Tyler Herro, Lauri Markannen and Kevin Huerter!

16x9-784x441.jpg

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mac just won it.
Mac Attack is Back! 2023 NBA SLam Dunk Champion! Couldn't happen to a nicer kid. He's let's his playing do the talking but is
so polite, kind and just a humble kid with a killer game! Congrats and I can't wait to see him on the Sixers. It really was never even
close as he dominated the whole contest. He also did so many dunks that no one has ever done before. So EPIC!

BEST DUNK CONTEST EVER! Mac McClung is the Slam Dunk Champion! :campeon:

Snow Plow

Mentor
He could have easily had all 50s with no redos. That was impressive to say the least.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I also heard one of the announcers say that Mac McClung 'saved' the dunk contest.
I guess that means that it was lackluster except for McClung.

icsept

Master
Winner of the slam dunk contest gets $100,000. That’s a good check for a G-leaguer. I can’t remember who on this board was always calling Mac a Wigger. But, from what I can tell he’s a humble man who hasn’t cried or complained about being snubbed from the NBA. Those 4 dunks were amazing, and performed on the biggest stage. It will be very hard for the NBA to sweep him under the rug at this point.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Not sure how much he will play but I'm pumped to see Mac McClung in the NBA where he belongs. I will tune into a few
sixers games and please play the kid at least 10 minutes a game.

Phall

Master
I also heard one of the announcers say that Mac McClung 'saved' the dunk contest.
I guess that means that it was lackluster except for McClung.

They might have been talking about the entire institution of the dunk contest. All Stars used to dunk, you can surely name a few past winners offhand. LeBron may have been the one to change the climate by refusing to participate. He figured that he couldn't raise his stock and preferred not to compete and potentially lose face. Other players followed suit, down the line to the point where some player I'd never heard of turned down the dunk contest this year to take the full week off. Mac only got this invite as a G-Leaguer because he has more than twice as many Instagram followers than the other three bums combined. The hype following this performance is going to restore the luster to the event going forward.

Winner of the slam dunk contest gets $100,000. That’s a good check for a G-leaguer. I can’t remember who on this board was always calling Mac a Wigger. But, from what I can tell he’s a humble man who hasn’t cried or complained about being snubbed from the NBA. Those 4 dunks were amazing, and performed on the biggest stage. It will be very hard for the NBA to sweep him under the rug at this point.

Mac just made himself way more money than this. The NBA is an entertainment product, and some team out there is definitely willing to cash in on that chip to sell jerseys and tickets. It's not a meritocracy, of course, but Mac just graduated past the G-League chapter of his racial apprenticeship. The Sixers are very fortunate to be holding his lottery ticket at the moment, as opposed to all the teams that ignored him. There's no chance they bump him into the rotation at this point in the season, but they will most definitely call him up to the bench so they can put his jerseys in the team store. A guaranteed contract next season is worth a few million bucks. McClung might get a shoe/merch deal for more than that based off tonight alone.

All dunks embedded:

Here's how "the blacks" reacted (language warning):

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mac McClung at 6'2 is head level with the rim after jumping from a few feet out. His hang time in the air is INSANE! Mad Crazy Hops!

maxres.jpg

Whiteathlete333

Hall of Famer
Amazing, just read an article where some white writer said McClung looks like a fan. Smfh. On various websites the knock is he is too small to play in the nba which is laughable. There are so many black stars in the league the exact same height as him.

freedom1

Mentor
Wow, he really crashed their annual party. Those brothers looked uncomfortable. I wish he would have worn one of those "White men can't jump" t-shirts while he did it, but that would've pushed it over the top.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Quite the performance for McClung! Couldn’t have gone any better!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nikola Jokic like Luka Doncic has been amazing. The NBA MVP should be between them but Embiid and Giannis A. have a
seriours chance too. I'm torn as part of me wants to see Jokic become only the 3rd player to in nba history to win 3 straigh mvps.
Then the other part of me wants Doncic to get his first if he leads the league in scoring. Either of them win and I'm happy. Guess
I will slightly lean towards Jokic as it's rare history. Michael Jordan never won 3 straight. Same with Lebron and countless others.
1 of the only 2 guys that did was Larry Bird! That's why they still call him Larry Legend! :)

The Dallas Mavs could have went after Love but didn't. I'm glad he ended up on the Miami Heat as they continue to get whiter.

Last edited:

icsept

Master
Kevin Love to the Heat is good. I’m not sure they can get past Boston or the Bucks. Hopefully he gets some minutes in their rotation.

El Gringo

Mentor
I am so happy for Mac!! He was trending 1 on U.S.A. twitter last night so this should motivate millions of white kids!

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Great Slam Dunk win for Mac! He threw those down with authority!