2021 NFL Draft

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Paddy Fisher ran a 4.92, that certainly will not help him but I think his tape, production, and leadership speaks for itself.

Disappointing time. I do agree that his great college career should be what he is evaluated on. He's a monster LB, made a ton of tackles and big plays too.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Maryland's pro day is tomorrow. Please post RB Jake Funks results if you can find them. I'll be on the look out for them as well.
Thanks.
Wisconsin's are tomorrow as well.

Look at this racist draft preview of Jake Funk. They say he is not elusive, tight hips and not enough speed to break away at the second level. Everything they said was a lie. The only truth in this
crappy analysis is that he breaks arm tackles and is tough to take down. The kid is as explosive as any rb you will see at his size. The kid reminds me of Luke Staley. If Funk can stay healthy he will
be a stud even at the nfl level. I get so sick of these stupid previews that have little to no truth when they look at our guys.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/scouting-reports/jakefunk

Aus2G

In today's pro day, #Terps RB Jake Funk said he benched 225 for 22 reps, 38-inch vertical, 10'2" broad jump and ran as fast as a 4.43 in the 40-yard dash

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Outstanding times by Jake "Play That Funky Music White Boy" Funk! :) Way to shut down the critics. Let's see how they try to spin this and still write negative reviews about this athletic stud! He has the
talent to be a nfl starter. The question is will a team take a chance on him? Funk only has one knock. Injuries but he can do everything. If healthy he can be either a 1 or a 2 rb for any nfl team.

Warhawk_46

Master
Jake Funk could be a star in the NFL... if he is allowed to get playing time. I have my doubts that will be allowed (can’t have two stud White RBs in the league at once) to start, but I could see a Woodhead /Burkhead type of impact realistically. And if the blacks ahead of him get hurt... maybe a Peyton Hillis scenario unfolds?

Red Raider

Mentor
Wow this is gonna help Jake Funk so much! Incredible numbers, and I’m not surprised at all. Whoever picks him will get fantastic value out of him. He can be an NFL starter no doubt.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Beast workout !

Yes it was Bucky. In additon to that I read in another article that Jake Funk was squating over 500lbs way back in his high school days! So strong and as explosive an athlete as you will find. Yet Mel Kiper
says he can get a few reps or maybe return kicks. What a slap in the face. Screw Kiper with his back handed compliments. The kid should be a starting rb and a number 2 rb at the very least!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Yes it was Bucky. In additon to that I read in another article that Jake Funk was squating over 500lbs way back in his high school days! So strong and as explosive an athlete as you will find. Yet Mel Kiper
says he can get a few reps or maybe return kicks. What a slap in the face. Screw Kiper with his back handed compliments. The kid should be a starting rb and a number 2 rb at the very least!

Agreed! After a beast workout like that and best the sports Cucks can come up with is ya he could maybe play some fetch on Special Teams as an UDFA! Nonsense!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Funk with an amazing workout. Supposedly there were 24 teams in attendance and he was the only player working out.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
From Wisconsin's pro day! Good workout for Groshek and CVL! 5second flat 40 for a LT is superb.

EwJCGHhWQAAhvfc.jpeg

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
4.59 for Groshek - nice! Pretty good 10 yd split too.

Yessir good all around workout! Not as elite as Funk, but here we have 2 great athletes at RB with solid size that SHOULD be highly sought after.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Jake Funk could be a star in the NFL... if he is allowed to get playing time. I have my doubts that will be allowed (can’t have two stud White RBs in the league at once) to start, but I could see a Woodhead /Burkhead type of impact realistically. And if the blacks ahead of him get hurt... maybe a Peyton Hillis scenario unfolds?
Yes, I agree Warhawk. I have my doubts as well. Those are great numbers Funk put up. However, we've seen this before. Two years ago at Wake Forest, WR Alex Bachman, 6'0, 190 lbs. was clearly the bigger, faster, and better athlete than WR Greg Dortch. Bachman was 3' taller, 20lbs. heavier and ran 4.47, 40 to Dortch's 4.59. Almost 4.6 at 5'9 170lbs. Dortch landed on the Atlanta Falcons roster while Bachman is being bounced around practice squads. Barely hanging on.
White WR's better be a hell of a lot faster than 4.6 to make it to the NFL these days.

Last edited:

Red Raider

Mentor
WR Riley Lees Northwestern
40: 4.47
Vert: 35”
20 yard shuttle: 4.16!!

Solid pro day for Riley Lees!
2000+ all-purpose yards in his career and a versatile offensive and special teams weapon, he’ll be in a training camp this year.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
WR Riley Lees Northwestern
40: 4.47
Vert: 35”
20 yard shuttle: 4.16!!

Solid pro day for Riley Lees!
2000+ all-purpose yards in his career and a versatile offensive and special teams weapon, he’ll be in a training camp this year.

Great numbers! Northwestern's offense did not utilize him enough.

Red Raider

Mentor

Jake Funk to me is skyrocketing up the draft boards right now. Just watch this video, this is the kind of guy you want in your locker room. So appreciative of everything and a hard worker with a team mentality. Jake Funk has that IT factor and he will succeed in the NFL for many years. Some of y’all might not like this but it’s the same thing I saw in Patrick Mahomes watching him since his true freshman year. It’s a feeling I have sometimes when I see/evaluate certain players and I’m getting that same feeling with Jake Funk. I slightly had that feeling with Scotty Miller but wasn’t as confident as I am with Funk. I can’t wait to see his career unfold. Add Borghi in the mix next year and the NFL might be fun to watch in the coming years.

Also:
EDGE Wyatt Hubert Kansas State
Height: 6027
Weight: 258
Arm: 31”
Hand: 10”
Wingspan: 76’1/4”
40: 4.88
Vert: 32.5”
Broad: 9’2”
Shuttle: 4.27
L Drill: 7.00

Could play DE or OLB in the NFL, really really good shuttle and L drill time.

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
In today's pro day, #Terps RB Jake Funk said he benched 225 for 22 reps, 38-inch vertical, 10'2" broad jump and ran as fast as a 4.43 in the 40-yard dash
Best news of the week so far! Really excited to see if any team is smart enough to draft Funk in the mid-rounds.

Red Raider

Mentor
https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/scouting-reports/harrytrotter

Pretty fair assessment on Harry Trotter, if he makes it in the league it will be as a core special teams guy. Someone said a team should try him at safety and honestly I wouldn’t have a problem with that. Maybe could make a roster like Nathan Cottrell did last year, however Cottrell is a little more talented with the ball and returns kicks.

*Also in regards to an earlier post, Northwestern LB Chris Bergin did not participate in the pro day like some tweets I saw said. He will be returning again next year as a starting LB.

Red Raider

Mentor
HUGE pro day today for Bailey Gaither. Maybe he can finally get his name on the map. Expect a 40 time in the 4.3 range. To me he is one of the most important players in this draft because he can be that true deep threat in the NFL that we need.

Illinois LB Jake Hansen was supposed to have his pro day today after declaring for the NFL draft. However, this month he recanted and received a waiver to play another season in college. Good move, he was getting way less attention than he deserved.