2019 NFL Divisional Playoffs

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Houston d-backs are horrendous. Watching the replays of Kelce's last two TD catches, some of them look to be aimlessly moving around the endzone, not even covering anyone.
I was thinking the same. 3 or 4 guys in the area but no one covering Kelse like a blanket like they should. They are inept but also have no answer for Travis. He’s got 83 yards and 3 scores at the half. Wouldn’t be shocked if he added another score or 2 before the game’s end.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Houston's "defense" is more suited for a flag football game.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Houston is a joke. If they blow this game they should be a league laughing stock. The titans are built to play KC. Football Dad’s beloved ******* man relying to much on whitey Kelce :p

wile

Master
I had to switch over to Supercross on NBC after a double teamed Kelce with a hammy has to be held to be covered

This coal-black Houston team has committed one of the epic chokes in NFL history, reminiscent of the Oilers' epic fail against the Bills in '93.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Four TDs today by White players, a snowplow o-line, Sorensen and Nieman on defense, the Chiefs or Titans in the Super Bowl is a lot better than Baltimore or Houston.

Shadowlight

Master
A banged up Kelce looking like a man against the Texans defense that look like children trying to deal with him. Just like the Baltimore all black defense from last night. And the turning point player for KC on D is Sorensen the most hated player maybe in KC history? Is it me or has he been their best defensive player for years now?

Four TDs today by White players, a snowplow o-line, Sorensen and Nieman on defense, the Chiefs or Titans in the Super Bowl is a lot better than Baltimore or Houston.

Also I mentioned the Pack earlier and even though they have white players in place throughout the roster to make a difference frustration abides. For instance the entire defense which starts tackling machine LB Martinez, solid but ignored DE Lowry and DT Lancaster ( injured not sure if he is playing) the entire defense has been hijacked by the "Smith brothers" who the media has been fawning over while poor Kyler Fackrell is thrown into the shadows.

dwid

Hall of Famer
yeah I'm having a hard time deciding who to root for next week, the Chiefs or the Titans? On the one hand you have a White quarterback that was discarded and written off by everybody but on the other hand I was barely watching this game and every time I looked up a White guy was making plays

Old Scratch

Mentor
yeah I'm having a hard time deciding who to root for next week, the Chiefs or the Titans? On the one hand you have a White quarterback that was discarded and written off by everybody on the other hand I was barely watching this game and every time I looked up a White guy was making plays
QB is the most important position. If Chiefs win Mahomes will be the story, probably even if Kelce catches 5 TDs and goes for 300 yards. I hoping it's Titans vs either 49ers or Packers.

Nice to hear the announcers praising and defending Tannehill. They're exactly right, it's not about passing yardage, it's about doing what has to be done to win.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
On to the Packers Seahawks. Go Green Bay!

Houston's defensive coordinator should be getting fired right about now

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
And the turning point player for KC on D is Sorensen the most hated player maybe in KC history? Is it me or has he been their best defensive player for years now?
Not sure where you're getting this. He's not Jeff Heath in Dallas. I listen the local sports radio regularly and Sorensen is respected. Most callers and show host look at him as a competent part of the defense. The addition of Thornhill wasn't remarked upon as "now we can get rid of that Sorensen!" It was another good player added to the defense. He's very popular here. And Andy Reid is high on him, which is why he played most snaps, even when Thornhill was starting. He is a "wild card" that Spagnuolo brings in for multiple positions, plus as one of the fastest players on the team is a special teams stud.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Oh, I can't give the play-by-play for Mr. Mahomes as I didn't watch the game. I'll catch it on replay at some point. I note that much (200 yards?) of Deshaun Watson's magnificent passing yardage came in garbage time after they were down by 20 points.

Shadowlight

Master
Not sure where you're getting this. He's not Jeff Heath in Dallas. I listen the local sports radio regularly and Sorensen is respected. Most callers and show host look at him as a competent part of the defense. The addition of Thornhill wasn't remarked upon as "now we can get rid of that Sorensen!" It was another good player added to the defense. He's very popular here. And Andy Reid is high on him, which is why he played most snaps, even when Thornhill was starting. He is a "wild card" that Spagnuolo brings in for multiple positions, plus as one of the fastest players on the team is a special teams stud.

I will defer to you since you are closer to the situation but this must be a newish media mindset. Going back two to the past five years I read local beat writers beat the living daylights out of Sorensen and no one seriously considered him as starter material and the negative drumbeat was relentless.

That said I am happy to hear they have calmed down and that reason is starting to prevail. To me he is a tremendous asset and not for nothing he has been their best playoff defender stretching back for several years.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I am watching the Packers game, I despise the Seahawks probably as much or more than any other team in the league. Looking for a solid perfomance by Rodgers and that should take care of it.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Oh no! Clowney just left the game with an injury. I never wish bad upon a player, but in this case I'll make an exception!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Looks like the Clown will be back. Just got hit in the nuts. Don't these fools wear cups?

wile

Master
I think Kumerow made a great block on Nuts Clowney on a TD run, so IMO the Hags is done