2017 NFL Draft

Shadowlight

Master
Saturday was mostly excruciating if you ask me. When a black player like Ross burns rubber it just adds another building block to the caste world. Hope the guys tears his knee up because I don't want to hear stuff crammed down our throats every time the guy takes the field. I had mentioned Trevor Knight on this site before his first ever start at Oklahoma over 4 years ago. While for the second straight year the fastest QB was white the problem is Knight might not even get drafted and is not seen as a prime prospect. Still nice that he was able to put on display his athletic ability which is superior to the QB's at the combine. TE Kittle ran a great 40 time and should get drafted but he played so sparingly at Iowa we just don't know if he will be integrated into the NFL.
The WR's 40 yard dash times were disappointing.
Some scouts still like Kupp who has quickness and fluidity but below average NFL speed.
Hansen has average NFL speed but all signs say he will get drafted but you never know. Recent history has not been kind on white WR's.
Drew Morgan was a surprise invite and performed poorly. Nice college career.
Trent Taylor is a small quick player but his 4.64 speed might just knock him out of the draft.
Ryan Switzer is my favorite player in the draft but he does have negatives. Smallish with very short arms. He ran a decent 4,51 seconds but really wowed in the quickness drills like the 20 yard shuttle. His catch radius is just too small for him to go one on one deep so the DB's will be sitting on him in the short areas. Again he will only get drafted by a team that can utilize a guy like Switzer. He is very exciting and fluid and quick so I would think someone will draft him as a pure slot and of course punt returner. Some people are even comparing him to Edelman which might be a stretch but if he finds the right system he could be a fun players to watch. I am not sold on Ross by the way. Guy looks brittle and looking at him he is built like a speedy outfielder instead of a football player. Can you say injury riddled.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I'd like to drop kick this dumb ditz the NFL network hires to do these retarded interviews at the combine. It's amazing how the combine has been developed into a 3rd rate reality show. Goodell has really done a great job diluting everything about the game.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Goodwin from Buffalo comes to mind when you think about Ross. Goodwin wowed the reporters and blew kisses to the television camera after his 40 yard dash. But Goodwin really can't play football as an elite receiver. He is a situational player who can run a good deep route but is mediocre to poor at everything else. He also is on trainers table with various ailments after getting hit during games.

PHillisFan

Master
Goodwin from Buffalo comes to mind when you think about Ross. Goodwin wowed the reporters and blew kisses to the television camera after his 40 yard dash. But Goodwin really can't play football as an elite receiver. He is a situational player who can run a good deep route but is mediocre to poor at everything else. He also is on trainers table with various ailments after getting hit during games.

I also thought of Ted Ginn. Ross will join them in the infirmary.

Ambrose

Master

This is Gummy Bear Goodwin (from Wiki):

Ht Wt 40-yd dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert Broad BP
5 ft 8⅞ in 192 lb 4.27[10] s 1.50 s 2.41 s 4.09 s 6.66 s 42 in 11 ft 0 in 13 reps
All values from NFL Combine.[11]
After posting the third-fastest 40 time ever at the NFL scouting combine, Goodwin was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the third round, with the 78th overall pick, of the 2013 NFL Draft.[12]

2013[edit]
On May 10, 2013, Goodwin signed a four-year contract with the Buffalo Bills, where he also practiced in his first day of Rookie Minicamp.[13]

He caught his first career touchdown Week 6 against the Cincinnati Bengals, a 40-yard pass from Thaddeus Lewis. Goodwin played 12 games in his rookie season of 2013 making 17 receptions for 283 receiving yards. He also had 16 kickoff return opportunities totaling 351 returning yards.

2014[edit]
In 2014, hobbled by numerous injuries (concussion, ankle, ribs, hamstring), he caught only 1 pass for 42 yards.

2015[edit]
After missing five games with broken ribs, Goodwin posted two receptions for 24 yards in 2015.

2016[edit]
Goodwin posted 29 receptions, 431 yards, and three touchdowns, setting career highs in games played, receptions, and receiving yards. While Goodwin enjoyed his most productive season, he was also efficient.[14] His 42.6% catch rate ranked No. 107 among qualified NFL wide receivers in 2016.[15]

Has been paid to play for 4 years and has not yet totaled 1000 yards in 4 years. So much from a "sure thing".

Will he equal Edelman? No. Why? Because Edelman is a football player while Goodwin is just a runner.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
A lot of great times from out LBs today!
Anzalone 4.63
Biegel 4.68
Donohue 4.75
Gedeon 4.75
Harris 4.69
Hendrickson 4.65
Milano 4.67
Watt 4.71

L

Lew

I've been reading a lot of the comments about Christian McCaffery on a few sites and it's all been positive. The DWF are genuinely impressed by him. The media of course are doing everything to ignore or downplay his great combine numbers. Todd McShay was on the radio talking about fournette and cook's very low vertical jump numbers and rather than compare them to the one guy who they've been compared with for the last 5 months (CM) he mentions some no name afflete who posted a 39 inch vertical compared to CM's 37.5(still good for 2nd place among all running backs)

If I had one wish it would be for Bill Bellichick to draft CM and make him a feature running back. I could imagine him easily putting 2000 all purpose yards as a full time starter. No one other than BB has the capital to be able draft him and allow him to succeed in the league and it would probably cost him all of it. But I think it would be worth it. He's 65 years old, he's made tens of millions of dollars, and even though he's despised by so many people he's still almost unanimously regarded as the greatest coach of all time. If I were him I would just go out in a blaze of glory. Draft CM, let him put up 2 or 3 spectacular seasons, and then just retire as the GOAT as you give one last middle finger to the league

Shadowlight

Master
Even though I have never seen Hendrickson play he is shooting up draft boards. A fast DE who according to scouts should have been playing at a major school. I have seen Anzalone several times at Florida and liked the way he moved in space this past season. His biggest issue is injuries. Lets hope those days are behind him. Best looking white defender to me is TJ Watt. Has great potential. Nate Gerry is the last player to check off my list and that's it for the combine. The combine was a mixed bag but overall I am disappointed. Nothing new with that. I do wonder if the NFL will draft four white wide receivers. Recent history on that score is poor but you can only hope for the best at this juncture.

just saw Morgan ran a really disappointing 40... 4.74, damnit! Still has success against affletic SEC DBs though! He's going to be a longshot Now but still has a shot as he's destined for the slot.
I saw that too. Almost for sure now he'll be a UDFA. Hopefully he can improve on Arkansas pro day?

I was thinking Heyward-Bey who only had an average college career 4 or 5 years ago, but ran a 4.30 and got drafted in the first. Really only had one good season was pretty much a bust.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I saw that too. Almost for sure now he'll be a UDFA. Hopefully he can improve on Arkansas pro day?

Definitely , should be able to cut it down to a 4.6, he's destined for the slot anyways so like to see him improve his strength as well.

dolphins15

Guru
The best thing the 40 does is illustrate the double standard at play. Plenty of black RBs just ran in the 4.5-4.7 range and their is no question of their affleticism. Anything 4.5 or below is considered slow for a white player but that does not apply to black players.

Here are some examples of black privilege playing a role in some of this year's combine participants getting a free ride in college.

Chris Carson - 4.58 - was a combine invite based on his supposed big play ability because his production was not great - ah yes date upside.
Cory Clement - 4.68 - another mediocre black RB who benefited playing behind a dominant majority white offensive line. Chryst really can't find any white RBs? c'mon
James Conner - 4.66 - cancer survivor so I give him that for being able to bounce back and play in 2016. Other than that he is a pure power back and if he were white he would of been a FB
Kareem Hunt - 4.62 - every draft ******'s fav small school sleeper ran a 4.62, played in the MAC yet we can't get a white guy who can ran faster to play RB for a MAC team
Dare Ogunbowale - 4.65 - see Cory Clement.
Samaje Perine - 4.66 - Stoops negrophiliac tendencies allowed this guy to become an RB. Stoops won't recruit one white RB from Oklahoma who could run just as a fast though
Devine Redding - 4.74 - got to carry the ball a ton for a lower tier big ten school but no midwestern white RBs have run the ball for Indiana in a long time
Russell Shell - 4.75 - slow 40 time did not stop him from playing a ton of snaps at WVU which is located in one of the whitest states in the country.
Jahad Thomas 4.63 - Temple may actually become a better team if they did not solely focus on skin color. Plenty of white RBs in PA were faster than him.

These results are every indication of the caste system. I was thinking about Brian Leonard and how he ran a 4.52 at 226 lbs and was forced to play FB. And all of these scrubs will play RB and aren't the athlete Leonard was. Also Clement, Shell, and Perine were major recruits 4 and 5 stars, national level recruits. Absolutely disgusting when I look at all the white kids around the country that are faster than that and don't even get a sniff at a scholarship.

dolphins15

Guru
Trey Hendrickson had a fantastic day! From everything I was reading before today he was considered a day 3 pick but hopefully has jumped into day 2.

Hendrickson
6'4" 266
40-4.65
Vertical-33.5
Broad-122
3 Cone-7.03
Short Shuttle-4.20
60 yard Shuttle- 11.43

Compare that to Dante Fowler who was picked 3rd overall 2 years ago.

Fowler
6'3" 261
40-4.60
Vertical-32.5
Broad-112
3 Cone-7.40
Short Shuttle-4.32
60 Yard Shuttle-11.89

Fowler was considered a 5 Star prospect and could go pretty much anywhere he wanted, while Hendrickson was a 2 star, although he was a terrific player for the 8A State Champions in Florida. You really can't make this stuff up.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Watt and Milano both had great all around workouts. For the broad jump Milano had a 126 jump and sec nobody and next Aaron curry Zach Cunningham had a 125 and is noted as a top performer of the drill while Milano was not. Same with the broad jump in which they both had 35 inch verticals.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Gedeon also performed pretty well and is built like a **** brick house. He ran a 4.7 at 244 lbs - he is easily a next level LB

RTTAS

Guru
Trey Hendrickson had a fantastic day! From everything I was reading before today he was considered a day 3 pick but hopefully has jumped into day 2.

Hendrickson
6'4" 266
40-4.65
Vertical-33.5
Broad-122
3 Cone-7.03
Short Shuttle-4.20
60 yard Shuttle- 11.43

Compare that to Dante Fowler who was picked 3rd overall 2 years ago.

Fowler
6'3" 261
40-4.60
Vertical-32.5
Broad-112
3 Cone-7.40
Short Shuttle-4.32
60 Yard Shuttle-11.89

Fowler was considered a 5 Star prospect and could go pretty much anywhere he wanted, while Hendrickson was a 2 star, although he was a terrific player for the 8A State Champions in Florida. You really can't make this stuff up.

B-b-but Fowler can run faster in a straight line (without pads, unaffected by stamina and game pressure at least)! That's all that matters, right? Hence why he has a huge four sacks in two seasons.

Really confident in Trey, hopefully he can get into a good situation and have a Bosa-like rookie season - he has all the tools to succeed in the NFL.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Saturday was mostly excruciating if you ask me. When a black player like Ross burns rubber it just adds another building block to the caste world. Hope the guys tears his knee up because I don't want to hear stuff crammed down our throats every time the guy takes the field. I had mentioned Trevor Knight on this site before his first ever start at Oklahoma over 4 years ago. While for the second straight year the fastest QB was white the problem is Knight might not even get drafted and is not seen as a prime prospect. Still nice that he was able to put on display his athletic ability which is superior to the QB's at the combine. TE Kittle ran a great 40 time and should get drafted but he played so sparingly at Iowa we just don't know if he will be integrated into the NFL.
The WR's 40 yard dash times were disappointing.
Some scouts still like Kupp who has quickness and fluidity but below average NFL speed.
Hansen has average NFL speed but all signs say he will get drafted but you never know. Recent history has not been kind on white WR's.
Drew Morgan was a surprise invite and performed poorly. Nice college career.
Trent Taylor is a small quick player but his 4.64 speed might just knock him out of the draft.
Ryan Switzer is my favorite player in the draft but he does have negatives. Smallish with very short arms. He ran a decent 4,51 seconds but really wowed in the quickness drills like the 20 yard shuttle. His catch radius is just too small for him to go one on one deep so the DB's will be sitting on him in the short areas. Again he will only get drafted by a team that can utilize a guy like Switzer. He is very exciting and fluid and quick so I would think someone will draft him as a pure slot and of course punt returner. Some people are even comparing him to Edelman which might be a stretch but if he finds the right system he could be a fun players to watch. I am not sold on Ross by the way. Guy looks brittle and looking at him he is built like a speedy outfielder instead of a football player. Can you say injury riddled.

I don't think it's a stretch at all to compare Switzer favorably to Edelman. In fact, I can see Switzer as a big contributor from the get-go as a slot receiver, whereas it took Edelman a few years to become a good WR after playing QB in college.

Switzer is a superstar in the agility and quickness drills, which is why he can dominate from the slot. I see him as a quicker version of Welker, which could lead to a long, productive career.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Overrated Afflete(ranked one of top safeties coming out of HS)safety from Miami just ran a 4.72 40.. So dats dat Florida speed dey be talkin bout.

Compared to Nate Gerry who is of similar stature but just ran a 4.58!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Hearing a lot of chatter that NFL personnel like Nate Gerry as a LB. Of course these racist azz clowns do! 6'2 215 with 4.58 speed and 12 career ints. Definition of a ballhawking safety. He's so much better than hype job Peppers.

Shadowlight

Master
I don't think it's a stretch at all to compare Switzer favorably to Edelman. In fact, I can see Switzer as a big contributor from the get-go as a slot receiver, whereas it took Edelman a few years to become a good WR after playing QB in college.

Switzer is a superstar in the agility and quickness drills, which is why he can dominate from the slot. I see him as a quicker version of Welker, which could lead to a long, productive career.
I am glad you are a Switzer believer. This should not be shocking news to us but it is not a slam dunk he gets drafted which would ruin the entire draft for me. Edelman has been the premiere slot receiver the past four years so if Ryan gets anywhere near that level I will be satisfied. Julian is 6' 198 and Ryan is 5'8" 185 so he has a more uphill battle. I think with Ryan the key is playing with a QB who is accurate. He isn't going to be able to stretch too far or reach behind him for tough catches even though he has great hands. I am thinking a place like KC with Alex Smith would be ideal. A scatter armed big thrower would be the worst fit for Ryan. The good news is even though DB's will be blanketing him because of his stature and inability to become a deep threat, if he does get loose in space lookout. The DB's in the NFL will have a heap of trouble on their hands. This kid can stop on a dime and is probably the quickest player in the draft. He blew John Ross away, the track star pretending to be a football player, in the best test for quickness the 20 yard shuttle. Update Ross pussed out and did not run the shuttle.
I have five favorites from the combine that I enjoyed watching in college but keep in mind not all of them are shoe in NFL prospects. In descending order:
5-Seth Russell- shame he couldn't run because like Knight he can really run
4-Trevor Knight- if anything he didn't run enough in college but he was clearly the best pure QB athlete out there with his speed and agility.
3-TJ Watt-everyone is comparing him to Clay Matthews which is not a bad comparison. Looks like a future star and he has not even played defense all that long. Scary good and teams would be fools to pass up on him in the first round.
2-Christian Mac--trailblazer and a great kid to boot. Had a terrific combine.
1-Ryan Switzer-Mr. Excitement

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Hearing a lot of chatter that NFL personnel like Nate Gerry as a LB. Of course these racist azz clowns do! 6'2 215 with 4.58 speed and 12 career ints. Definition of a ballhawking safety. He's so much better than hype job Peppers.

Zach Hoffpauir, Dallas Llloyd, Dylan Haines, Tony Annese, Weston Steelhammer, Casey Deandrade, Leo Musso, Kenny Buyers should of all been invited to the combine. Hopefully Gerry solidified a 3rd round grade today.

ximasa

Guru
Last year: Jalen Tabor,
This year: Teez Tabor
40' ---> 4.63 -- 4.68
Florida speed, checked ν

------

Peppers ran with LBs but work out with DBs ? what a cheater
Chase Hansen can do that too in 18 and even better, remember Chase can throw (at least better than Kizer), Jabrill ?

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
I am glad you are a Switzer believer. This should not be shocking news to us but it is not a slam dunk he gets drafted which would ruin the entire draft for me. Edelman has been the premiere slot receiver the past four years so if Ryan gets anywhere near that level I will be satisfied. Julian is 6' 198 and Ryan is 5'8" 185 so he has a more uphill battle. I think with Ryan the key is playing with a QB who is accurate. He isn't going to be able to stretch too far or reach behind him for tough catches even though he has great hands. I am thinking a place like KC with Alex Smith would be ideal. A scatter armed big thrower would be the worst fit for Ryan. The good news is even though DB's will be blanketing him because of his stature and inability to become a deep threat, if he does get loose in space lookout. The DB's in the NFL will have a heap of trouble on their hands. This kid can stop on a dime and is probably the quickest player in the draft. He blew John Ross away, the track star pretending to be a football player, in the best test for quickness the 20 yard shuttle. Update Ross pussed out and did not run the shuttle.
I have five favorites from the combine that I enjoyed watching in college but keep in mind not all of them are shoe in NFL prospects. In descending order:
5-Seth Russell- shame he couldn't run because like Knight he can really run
4-Trevor Knight- if anything he didn't run enough in college but he was clearly the best pure QB athlete out there with his speed and agility.
3-TJ Watt-everyone is comparing him to Clay Matthews which is not a bad comparison. Looks like a future star and he has not even played defense all that long. Scary good and teams would be fools to pass up on him in the first round.
2-Christian Mac--trailblazer and a great kid to boot. Had a terrific combine.
1-Ryan Switzer-Mr. Excitement

Edelman is not 6', he is 5'10. Switzer is just over 5'8. Both guys are short, but built solidly.

While Edelman has been a top WR the past few years, he didn't do much his first four years. Barring injury, Switzer should do more from his rookie season since he's already an accomplished WR.

Their 40 times at the Combine were basically the same. Edelman was awesome in the SS and cone drills, Switzer was very good.

The scouting reports out there now on Switzer are desperately trying to find shortcomings, thinking DBs will just blanket him within 10-15 yards.

They couldn't stop Welker.
They can't stop Edelman.
They won't stop Switzer. I've watched him since HS. He can just flat out play.