2017 New England Patriots

The patriots have Two players named hollister on Offense or am i seeing Double? Hell i Gotta drink less....

Cody and Jacob are brothers that played at different colleges but got back together as undrafted free agents in NE. Both are 6'4" with Jacob having the thicker body and playing TE while Cody is lanky and plays WR.Cody played well at AR but was underutilized during his time there but he is a talented receiver,never followed Jacob during his college days.

chris371

Mentor
Cody and Jacob are brothers that played at different colleges but got back together as undrafted free agents in NE. Both are 6'4" with Jacob having the thicker body and playing TE while Cody is lanky and plays WR.Cody played well at AR but was underutilized during his time there but he is a talented receiver,never followed Jacob during his college days.

Wow thats very rare! Cool, hope they Stick!

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
If the anointed black starter at RB, Mike Gillislee (who has missed every training camp practice), doesn't play in the team's 3rd pre-season game against the Lions on August 25, he may lose his job to Burkhead. The writer of the this article is upset that Burkhead is poised to start, because, you know, white RB's aren't as good as black ones...

"Burkhead doesn’t have Gillislee’s power or explosiveness, but his ability to block and run routes combined with at least stellar ability to run between the tackles will get him plenty of playing time. The fact that he’s been on the field working with the starting offense and Gillislee hasn’t only strengthens his case for being the opening night starter."

https://musketfire.com/2017/08/21/new-england-patriots-mike-gillislees-rb1-role-in-jeopardy/

If he continues to miss every practice, I wonder if Gillislee will start the season on the PUP list?

All of Rex's touches from their pre-season game against the Texans. TD catch at the end...

chris371

Mentor
Edelman out for season :(
Lets hope they at least sign a good white F.A.

Patriots really should lean less on their starters early on. Look at Gronks injury history.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
In my opinion, Julian Edelman is unlike any other player in the entire NFL. He's a star player, but selfless. Humble, but fiery and passionate. Sodden with natural ability with nothing else to prove, but he still out-works everyone. From a 7th rounder to a leader of the best team in football. Undoubtedly, Tom Brady wouldn't be the greatest athlete in NFL history without #11.

I've been following Edelman from Day #1, so I can remember his "growing pains" in the NFL. Injury after injury, constant drops, false stars, and fumbles.

I remember watching his 75-yard punt return TD against the Eagles in the 2009 pre-season when he was a rookie...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d811df27f/Pre-WK-1-Can-t-Miss-Play-Hey-rookie

Given his work ethic, I know he'll be back with a vengeance.

Last edited:

chris371

Mentor
Well they have a few white WRs, Austin and Hollister that could make the roster now. Perhaps one of those will become afixture. Never say never with the Pats...

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Well they have a few white WRs, Austin and Hollister that could make the roster now. Perhaps one of those will become afixture. Never say never with the Pats...

Austin Carr of Northwestern, although talented, is a very light-skinned black. Unfortunately, WR Cody Hollister has a zero percent chance of making the roster, even with Edelman's injury. In the entire pre-season, he's only had one catch for 31 yards...

http://www.patriots.com/video/2017/08/25/jimmy-garoppolo-passes-cody-hollister-31-yard-gain

Their WR corps will likely consist of: Cooks, Hogan, Amendola, Mitchell, and Slater. They've kept 5 WR's numerous times during the Belichick era, especially when Gronkowski is healthy.

I'd love to see Cody's brother, Jacob (a TE), make the roster or at least the practice squad. He had a great pre-season (8 catches for 120 yards)...

cp-patriots-jacob_hollister-081117.jpg

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Many in the fantasy football community are predicting that newcomer, Brandin Cooks, will be the most valuable Patriot player, with with Average Draft Position (#17 in PPR) being higher than Gronk (#20), Brady (#45), and Hogan (#102). As others have noted, the Brady-to-Hogan connection seems to grow stronger with every game they play together. I'm not much for predictions, but I think Hogan goes over 1,000 yards this season. Highlights of Hogan's stellar pre-season game against the Lions...

Meanwhile, Cooks' entire pre-season stat line: 2 catches for 15 yards and a drop.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Austin Carr isn't white. I only point that out because I read some article about him when researching him for the Nortwestern write up and his mother was saying how he would be able to fit in anywhere and his racial ambiguity was a benefit.

sprintstar

Mentor
as I had never seen Edlemans return I watched the video, all as I can say is WOW! Now the announcers can kiss my butt as they were making all the excuses in the world as to why he took it 75 yds for the TD, he didn't even pronounce Edlemans name correctly at the beginning how belittling. Whites should not put up with that garbage...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Bills are in the process of dumping most of the players drafted by Dougtavius Whaley. They should suck big time this season. And the Jets -- I've never seen a team basically dump most of its good players like the Jets have. What's the point? They should have the first draft pick next year, but it will make rebuilding that much more difficult. Not that I care about either team as both are Caste dredges year after year. The Patriots should slaughter them in their four head to head divisional games. And Belichick loves to roll up the score too.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
With LB Shea McClellin placed on IR (hopefully it'll be the "short term" IR that lasts 8 weeks), the Patriots open the season with 17 whites on their 53-man roster to open the season. I counted DE Cassius Marsh as white, but he could be mixed and his ethnic background is difficult to determine via online searches.

The roster:

QB - Brady, Garoppolo
RB/FB - Burkhead, Develin
WR - Hogan, Amendola
TE - Gronkowski, Hollister
OL - Solder, Thuney, Andrews, Croston
DE - Marsh
S - Ebner
K/P/LS - Gostkowski, Allen, Cardona

They also have 3 whites on their PS, including WR Cody Hollister.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Edelman, Ninkovich (retired) and McClellin would have given them 20, a pretty rare number of White players for the Caste NFL. 17, not so much. And the defense now ranks among the worst in the league. And just 4 White o-linemen? Sad to see. This year's Patriots are closer to the Belichick teams that won their first two Super Bowls in '01 and '02.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Edelman, Ninkovich (retired) and McClellin would have given them 20, a pretty rare number of White players for the Caste NFL. 17, not so much. And the defense now ranks among the worst in the league. And just 4 White o-linemen? Sad to see. This year's Patriots are closer to the Belichick teams that won their first two Super Bowls in '01 and '02.

The past few years of their OL corps for opening day:

An all-white starting OL and all backups were white.

A 4/5-white starting OL (sumo Brian Waters started) and had two black backups (Cannon and Thomas).

An all-white starting OL and one black backup (Cannon).

An all-white starting OL and two black backups (Cannon and Barker).

An all-white starting OL and two black backups (Cannon and Flemming).

A 4/5-white starting OL (sumo Tre Jackson started) and had four black backups (Cannon, Flemming, Mason, Waddle).

A 3/5-white starting OL (sumos Shaq Mason and Marcus Cannon started) and two black backups (Flemming and Waddle).

It was very surprising that OG Ted Karras was cut and placed on the PS. Given that all of the backup OL they kept were offensive tackles (Flemming, Waddle, and Croston), you'd think that Karras would return at some point this season. It would be nice to see him step in for the sumo starter, Shaq Mason, due to poor play or injury.

As for the number of players on the roster, there only 16 whites you don't count DE Cassius Marsh, who is either the most gargantuan wigger to ever play in the NFL or the most light-skinned mulatto to ever play in the NFL. Two photos of the same person taken several years apart...

TOREWKRNHHVTQGM.20130724235550.jpg

Washington+State+v+UCLA+iYZS2xaxKi8l.jpg

How does a normal person root for a piece of trash like this?

Until McClellin returns (assuming he's put on short-term IR) after Week #8, the Patriots should have no white defensive players whatsoever aside from Wigger Man. Nate Ebner probably wouldn't be given spans at safety unless the starter (Chung) and multiple backups were injured.

Last edited:

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
As much as I'd like to see the team have 25-30 white players on the roster, it's hard to complain too much about a franchise that has produced the greatest athlete in American sports history (Brady), has given playing time to numerous white RB's (Eckel, Evans, Woodhead, and Burkhead), allowed a white WR to play CB (Edelman in 2011/2012), has the most dominant TE in NFL history (Gronkowski), has had numerous white WR's (Dwight, Welker, Collie, Amendola, Edelman, Hogan, Amendola, etc), was the only team to have two different white pass-catchers go over 1,000 receiving yards in the same season (Gronkowski and Welker in 2011/2012), has a head coach that treats the media like garbage and openly supports Donald Trump, and utilized lily-white receiving targets to defeat the odious Seahawks and black-heavy Falcons in storybook fashion for Superbowl 49 / Superbowl 51 victories.

chris371

Mentor

A 4/5-white starting OL (sumo Brian Waters started) and had two black backups (Cannon and Thomas).

A 4/5-white starting OL (sumo Tre Jackson started) and had four black backups (Cannon, Flemming, Mason, Waddle).

A 3/5-white starting OL (sumos Shaq Mason and Marcus Cannon started) and two black backups (Flemming and Waddle).

It was very surprising that OG Ted Karras was cut and placed on the PS. Given that all of the backup OL they kept were offensive tackles (Flemming, Waddle, and Croston), you'd think that Karras would return at some point this season. It would be nice to see him step in for the sumo starter, Shaq Mason, due to poor play or injury.

As for the number of players on the roster, there only 16 whites you don't count DE Cassius Marsh, who is either the most gargantuan wigger to ever play in the NFL or the most light-skinned mulatto to ever play in the NFL. Two photos of the same person taken several years apart...

Until McClellin returns (assuming he's put on short-term IR) after Week #8, the Patriots should have no white defensive players whatsoever. Nate Ebner probably wouldn't be given spans at safety unless the starter (Chung) and multiple backups were injured.

I think youre a little rough in the guy. Yes he has tatoos all over and cornrows. Does this make him a bad Person or any stupider than the average jock? I think he is a product of the times and his Environment. Black "culture" is now mainstream.
But i share your low opinion of the "style" itself.

Until McClellin returns (assuming he's put on short-term IR) after Week #8, the Patriots should have no white defensive players whatsoever aside from Wigger Man. Nate Ebner probably wouldn't be given spans at safety unless the starter (Chung) and multiple backups were injured.

usa_today_9653274.0.jpg

Wigger? Maybe, but he's White nonetheless. I count him as White DE!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Mitchell's injury should benefit Amendola, as Cooks and Hogan were going to be every down players as it was. Dorsett might see the field a bit but should mainly be a kick returner.

Deus Vult

Mentor
Brady has already thrown three TDs, to three different white receivers! Gronk, Burkhead and Hogan all caught TD passes in the first quarter vs the Saints.