2017 New England Patriots

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
It's pretty cool to see that Brady, Edelman, and Amendola are working out /vacationing together in Montana. It's great to see white players who are friends off the field...

http://nep.247sports.com/ContentGal...dy-Julian-Edelman-and-Danny-Amendola-53449196

595d3863c5fa2ab939000003.png

Hogan probably didn't go because his wife recently gave birth to twins and Gronkowski is still rehabbing.

With Brady, 3 or 4 white lineman, Develin, Burkhead, Edelman, Hogan, Amendola, and Gronkowski, the 2017 Patriots could be the whitest offense in the last 35 years of NFL football.

The Hock

Master
I like that they're wearing helmet and pads.

They don't have to and going without would be more comfortable but they're putting in work, not just having a little fun.

This is one of the reasons the Pats came on strong while their opponents wilted in the last Superbowl.

chris371

Mentor
The Pats are almost the only interesting Team in the NFL. The mix of characters (belichek , Brady, Gronk, edelman) is a fun Dynamic. The rest of the NFL is mostly interchangeable Teams (Ghetto, Gangsta B.S. ) i Miss jared allen, he was fun Too. Theres a few more Personalities like Rodgers, Watt , Cushing etc. I have high hopes for Carolina.

Heretic

Master
The Pats are almost the only interesting Team in the NFL. The mix of characters (belichek , Brady, Gronk, edelman) is a fun Dynamic. The rest of the NFL is mostly interchangeable Teams (Ghetto, Gangsta B.S. ) i Miss jared allen, he was fun Too. Theres a few more Personalities like Rodgers, Watt , Cushing etc. I have high hopes for Carolina.
The entire NFL used to be like that in the 70's...interesting with a great mix of characters. "North Dallas Forty" from 1979 depicts it well from a Dallas Cowboy's perspective of the early-mid 70's. Great stuff.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Rob Ninkovich was a heck of an all-around player. Was annually among the top d-linemen/OLB in tackles but also got his share of sacks and caused lots of key forced fumbles. Most of the White players the Patriots "rescue" from the Caste dump heap are offensive players; Ninkovich was the rare defensive player to be given new life.

Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald reports Patriots DE/LB Rob Ninkovich has decided to retire. An official announcement is expected after the Patriots' practice on Sunday. The 33-year-old spent the final eight of his 11 NFL seasons in New England with Super Bowl wins in 2014 and 2016. Ninkovich was never a Pro Bowler but he was always right in the thick of things, finishing his career with 46 sacks, 14 fumble recoveries and five interceptions. Ninkovich's retirement opens up $685,000 in cap space while creating $1.05 million in dead money.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I looked up Ninkovich's salary on Spotrac. He was making 3.5 million this year. This is low for a quality starting defensive lineman. It's not unusual for white players to be underpaid. (This is yet another good reason teams should target white players. They're cheaper.)

He was paid a 1.5 million signing bonus. My question is this. Does he have to give that bonus back?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Sad to see Ninkovich call it a career. He was a very good player, always seemed to be in the right place at the right time and making impact plays. Almost like a Wes Welker for the Pats defense. Can't believe he is retiring - I remember following him during the 2006 draft process, time flies!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Always appreciated watching Ninkovich play!!

Shadowlight

Master
Rob Ninkovich was a heck of an all-around player. Was annually among the top d-linemen/OLB in tackles but also got his share of sacks and caused lots of key forced fumbles. Most of the White players the Patriots "rescue" from the Caste dump heap are offensive players; Ninkovich was the rare defensive player to be given new life.

Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald reports Patriots DE/LB Rob Ninkovich has decided to retire. An official announcement is expected after the Patriots' practice on Sunday. The 33-year-old spent the final eight of his 11 NFL seasons in New England with Super Bowl wins in 2014 and 2016. Ninkovich was never a Pro Bowler but he was always right in the thick of things, finishing his career with 46 sacks, 14 fumble recoveries and five interceptions. Ninkovich's retirement opens up $685,000 in cap space while creating $1.05 million in dead money.

Ninkovich was a good intelligent player with a knack for making big plays ( tackles for loss) on defense. In the Super Bowl against Seattle he made several KEY plays. He was considered an afterthought when he first arrived at the Patriots camp after not playing much but he became a very fine player for them. Perhaps not quite at the level of Mike Vrabel, a player he shared the same number and position, but a solid pro nonetheless and in this day and age I will settle for stone solid white players to go along with the "great" white players. He was on ESPN this morning and while it is tough to see white players leave the NFL in his case he made the correct decision. It does not help our cause if white players stay too long and get exposed. As with most players who have been in the NFL for ten plus years he was showing signs of slowing down which affected his ranginess. I like EDGE (DE/LB hybrids) players on defense so it was nice watching him play and contribute for such a winner.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Today at training camp, Julian Edelman and their new black CB (Stephone Gilmore) got into a fight at practice and both were ejected. From the pictures and the description, it seemed like Julian threw the negro to the ground and proceeded to kick his ass. The "team culture" in New England appears to be that of white alpha males running the show...

"Edelman appeared to say something to Gilmore and after a few more words were exchanged, the pint-sized but powerful slot receiver had tossed Gilmore to the ground and jumped on top of him. Helmets were ripped off before Edelman himself was pried off the fallen corner by fellow wideout Chris Hogan. Once the fracas was quelled, first Edelman, then Gilmore, were summarily ejected from practice, though their departures were staggered to make sure there wasn’t another coming together."

DGJ5o3DV0AAdILR.jpg

4-1501600797.jpg

5-1501600798.jpg

http://www.wmur.com/article/julian-...-leave-patriots-practice-after-fight/10396735

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Chris Hogan still gets no respect even after his play in the post-season last year, including humiliating the Crawfords' d-backs. Would love to see him outperform Brandin Cooks this season, just as it would be great if Rex Burkhead outplays Mike Gillislee, who has been annointed as the Patriots' main running back by the media. Here's a (pretty much meaningless) tidbit from Monday's practice, the same one in which Edelman and Gilmore had their tussle, but I like that Hogan has the team lead in connections with Brady so far:

• Tom Brady was 19-of-28 with completions to Chris Hogan (six), Edelman (three), Rob Gronkowski (three), Dion Lewis (two), Rex Burkhead (two), Matthew Slater (two) and James Develin (one).

• This was the first time all offseason (five training camp practices and five spring practices) that Brandin Cooks didn’t catch a pass from Brady, who actually never targeted Cooks. It was more fluky than anything. Cooks entered the day with a team-high 11 connections with Brady, but Hogan now has the lead with 16.

Definitely agree on the interchangeable thing. I generally pay little attention to black players, and I don't know them very well unless they're the rare genuine star like Von Miller, or, more often, loudmouths like Richard Sherman who can't keep their flaps shut. I got DeShaun and DeShone mixed up once (not saying that to make "racist" humor, really did mix them up. Fo' sho.') I love the way guys like Gronk and Edelman and Hogan are unapologetic White alpha males, it adds an extra element of excitement to the game. I'm too young to remember when the NFL was fair to Whites or have seen the '85 Bears, the last majority-White team to win the Super Bowl, so I dive into a lot of old-school NFL history when I have free time. Imagine how much more we'd all enjoy the NFL if just one-third or one-fourth of the teams today had the equivalent of a Larry Csonka or John Riggins.

Ninkovich was one of the great ones, always underrated by the DWFs. He will be missed.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Chris Hogan still gets no respect even after his play in the post-season last year, including humiliating the Crawfords' d-backs. Would love to see him outperform Brandin Cooks this season, just as it would be great if Rex Burkhead outplays Mike Gillislee, who has been annointed as the Patriots' main running back by the media.

Another reason to be excited for the Patriots offense this season is the return of Gronkowski. Unlike the 2016-2017 season, where he shared snaps with the annoying (yet talented) Martellus Bennett...his back-up this season will be the oft-injured and perma-underachieving Dwayne Allen. Allen's best statistical season (45 catches, 512 yards, 3 TD's) came as a rookie in 2012, the only season in which he didn't miss multiple games.

Gronkowski, who might be the most offensive dominant force in NFL history, is participating in training camp with no restrictions after yet another back surgery...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...on-rob-gronkowski-in-training-camp-practices/

usatsi_10181559.jpg

The bad news is that the Patriot's starting defense will likely be 11/11 black. With the retirement of Ninkovich and the departure of SJW/cuck, Chris Long (who signed with the Eagles), the only white players receiving any snaps will be Shea McClellin. In fact, the only other white defender besides McClellin likely to make the roster will be safety Nate Ebner. Free agent rookie LB's (Brooks Ellis and Caleb Kidder) are 3rd string and unlikely to stick on the 53-man roster.

Last edited:

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Excited to watch New Englands offense. However Very dissapointed in their lack of white athletes on Defense..

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Excited to watch New Englands offense. However Very dissapointed in their lack of white athletes on Defense..

Same here - NE always disappoints in the draft - they had plenty of opportunities to grab dynamic white defenders and they totally whiffed. The offense is a totally different story though and luckily it is what most DWFs care about.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Same here - NE always disappoints in the draft - they had plenty of opportunities to grab dynamic white defenders and they totally whiffed. The offense is a totally different story though and luckily it is what most DWFs care about.

agreed Coach B has a soft spot for affletic SEC defenders come draft days..

They do manage to get a fair amount of lunch pail toting defenders(Gregory,Fletcher,Ninkovich,
etc.)via free agency which others have mentioned on this site before. Essentially taking the racially purged of the league and making them into formidable players on both sides of the ball.

chris371

Mentor
To be fair, the affaleets did ok in the Superbowl. Chris Long was almost invisible at times (in my estimation at least). Ninkovich will be missed though.
Good to hear that Gronk is healthy. He is a game changer for sure, comparable to Randy Moss as a deep threat (Gronk averaged over 20 Yards per Catch in 2016) and blocking that is second to none.

I actually want him to have a good Backup because he is injury prone and is almost indispensable in the Playoffs.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer

The Patriots had a chance to draft white DE Trey Hendrickson in the third round but they passed on him to draft a 248 pound black defensive end. I think they'll end up wishing they had taken Hendrickson.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
The media types that watch the Patriot practice sessions have released their first depth chart, which has Hogan behind Cooks, Burkhead behind Dion Lewis, and McClellin as the only white defensive starter. Suprisingly, the supposed starter, Mike Gillislee, is buried behind James White and special teamer, Brandon Bolden. Weird...

DGn_B4tXgAIvby9.jpg

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Geez, five sumos on the two-deep and just one White defensive player who might play a fair amount. McClellin could start, but it wouldn't be a shock either if he's cut.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Burkhead's main competition, Mike Gillislee, is already injured. Evidently, it's an injury that has lingered since OTA's in the spring. Will Rex experience his own version of the "Peyton Hillis Curse?"

https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/8/9...-hamstring-issue-buffalo-bills-burkhead-lewis
Man, I am looking forward to Rex tearing it up this season! At this age and low mileage, stretching and professional massages will go a long way. Man, I can not wait for Rex to show the world what a bad ass he is with a great O-line.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Chris Hogan isn't even projected to be drafted in the top 200 of most mock FF drafts, but we at CF know better. Sure, Brandin Cooks will take away some targets, but Hogan and Brady have great chemistry, especially on the deep ball. Apparently, he's been burning the Texans' black CB's and looking great in joint practices and in training camp as a whole...

"WR Chris Hogan: Continues to have a strong camp. Hogan put together two terrific days versus the Texans. On Wednesday, he hauled in a pair of long passes down the middle of the field. He beat cornerback Johnathan Joseph and linebacker Zach Cunningham, respectively. Hogan seems to have separated himself in the battle for the No. 3 wide receiver job. Part of this is due to the availability of Malcolm Mitchell and Danny Amendola; until recently, neither had been full practice participants. Hogan, meanwhile, has consistently been on the field, and consistently been great."

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2017/08/patriots_vs_texans_day_two_chr.html#incart_river_index

patriots-texans-practice-football-85585-jpg.

From what I've read, Cooks and Hogan should start on the outside, Edelman and Amendola will work the slot. Add in Gronkowski and Burkhead and this could be an all-time great offense from a Caste perspective.