2014 NFL Draft

ESPN has finally given us a reason to just turn them totally off. This Michael Sam "story" is the biggest farce I've ever seen. This has become all they talk about, every day.

What tptb don't seem to realize is that their brainwashing hasn't worked on everyone, most notably blacks. They don't understand political correctness the way whites do, and continue to balk at accepting gay relationships. They are learning to apologize for their comments, but they aren't as good at is as whites.

I really think this nonsense might blow up in the NFL's face. Society isn't nearly as accepting of gays as tptb assumes. They could really lose some fans.

I turned ESPN off a long time ago; however, I still have cable T.V. From what I have read, ESPN gets about $5 per month from each cable subscriber. This is the highest amount of any channel on cable T.V. Once the Olympic gold medal hockey game is over, I will be cancelling my cable T.V. The non-stop thumping for homo's on NBC in the Olympics and ESPN over this football player, has been too much for my liking - click, click.....

dwid

Hall of Famer
enough about ****, lets discuss the actual draft.

I posted this on the highlights thread but got no feedback, wanted to know what you guys thought of Tyler Gaffney's ability?

[video=youtube;Cb0SYGE7V94]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb0SYGE7V94[/video]

Ive mentioned before, tough to evaluate recent Stanford backs, a good deal of plays are designed to get like 5 yards, ball control offense, straight up the gut, hard to do much like I have previously stated with up the gut plays. If you are able to bounce it to the outside when you hit the second level you got defenders coming from both ways and usually get a head start and an angle.

However, Gaffney shows lots of ability, burst, quick feet, vision, patience. Not sure how his timed speed is, doesnt outrun angles so not going to be a 4.3/4.4 guy but he is close to 230. Lots of talk about him not having many 20+ yard runs, but it seems he did, and he had alot of 10 to 19 yard runs.

of course he is downgraded, people saying he lacks speed, benefited from a great line, but I think the Stanford line has declined and doesn't get any better blocking than other top backs in the draft, except Gaffney is projected as a 5th rounder at best.

Go look at footage of Jeremy Hill.Also has an upright running style, except he tends to get off balance easy and fall down, although he also has burst agility and power. He struggled on runs to the outside though, defenders closed in on him much quicker than Gaffney, both are around the same size, but Hill is supposed to be the top back, or one of the top, some say 1st round if it weren't for off field concerns/character issues.

Here is a scouting report of Hill before he had a great game against Iowa

"NAME: Jeremy Hill
Position: Running Back
Ht: 6’2″
Wt: 232lbs
40: 4.60 (EST)
Strengths: Feet, Size
Weaknesses: Speed, Wiggle, Character
Jeremy Hill presents with a big, powerful frame but is soft around the mid-section and lacks overall muscle tone…Possesses quicker than average feet that allow him to quickly navigate through the line and get to the second level…runs powerful and behind his pads, showing a toughness and natural inside running ability…Possesses adequate cut-back ability and good vision to find and get to the hole…A solid pass catcher out of the backfield who has soft, reliable hands.
Hill possesses only average athletic ability…Won’t make a man miss in the open-field…Tighter in the hips than you’d like from a starting RB, needs to gear down in order to change direction…Doesn’t possess long speed, and while he can get to full speed in a hurry, his maximum speed is below average…Still maturing as a pass blocker; not ready to come in and protect the QB right away…Won’t offer much on outside running plays, as he won’t outrun defenders to the edge w/o clean O-line play…Major character concerns stemming from off-field incidents (arrests.)
On the next level, Jeremy Hill presents as a Shonne Green-type player who will be at his best when spelling a starting, more explosive runner. He’s a one-dimensional power back that struggles in pass protection and offers little on special teams. At best, Hill could evolve into a Cedric Benson-type runner (ala Bengals). It’s more likely that he’ll be a 2nd or 3rd option off the bench if active on game days."

Shonne Green/Cedric Benson, wow, this analysis had him graded as a 6th rounder, but somehow he jumped way up the draft boards.

after Iowa game

"STRENGTHS: Powerful downhill runner who finishes his runs. Lowers his shoulder, keeps his legs churning and spins off of contact, often gaining extra yardage after the initial hit.
Decisive runner. Attacks holes and gets downhill in a hurry. Efficient and fluid in his cuts, showing the ability to burst through the designed hole or skip laterally to attack another. Deceptive speed, including the ability to run away from defenders to create chunk plays. Impressive leaping ability to hurdle would-be tacklers.
Effective receiver out of the backfield with long arms, soft hands and good hand-eye coordination to track down short passes. Natural receiver who looks comfortable in the passing game, collecting and securing the ball in one easy, fluid motion.
WEAKNESSES: While obviously talented, Hill comes with plenty of red-flags, on and off the field. Has been used as part of a rotation throughout his career and ran behind one of the nation's best offensive lines. Runs higher than preferred, too often exposing his chest (and the ball) to the defender and simply attempting to run through them. Holds the ball with only one hand, often even when fighting through contact.
Doesn't possess ideal balance, too often stumbling or diving for what he can when a defender gets a hand on his lower leg. Inconsistent commitment as a pass blocker. Too often offers a lazy shoulder in pass protection, allowing defenders to slip past him.
Pleaded guilty on battery charges for an April, 2013 incident in which he was recorded on video assaulting a man outside of a bar. This charge came while he was on probation for December 2010 incident in which he engaged in a sexual act with a 14-year-old girl in the Redemptorist High School locker room.

COMPARES TO: LeGarrette Blount, New England Patriots - Considering their size, punishing downhill running style and, unfortunately, character red flags, Blount is an easy comparison for Hill. Hill is a better athlete than Blount and boasts superior vision, lateral agility and speed, which could lead him to earning much more of a featured role in the NFL than the time-share Blount has played in most of his NFL career. With commitment, Hill could be the second coming of Steven Jackson. "

so he goes from Shonn Greene floor/ Cedric Benson ceiling to more athletic Blount floor to next coming of Steven Jackson, amazing.

“Hill is an enormously talented running back,” Kiper said, via al.com. “He can do so many things running the football. Obviously this league is now about throwing the football. The depth usually at the running back spot allows you to find guys at any point in the draft.”
“From a skill-set standpoint what he brings to the table is going to make him an intriguing prospect. We’ll see what his decision is. You’d have to put him right there with Ka’deem Carey at Arizona, Melvin Gordon III at Wisconsin and Lache Seastrunk of Baylor."

weenie world's spin
"Milwaukee Journal Sentinel believes that LSU RB Jeremy Hill runs like LaGarrette Blount.
Like Blount, Hill, an early entree into the draft, is a powerful downhill runner. NFL.com's Gil Brant ranked Hill as the No. 26 overall prospect in the class last month, ahead of Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey (36), Auburn's Tre Mason (43) and Ohio State's Carlos Hyde (44). Hill can break tackle beyond the line of scrimmage and has fairly good receiving ability for a huge back. That said, Dunne notes that teams will dig into his past, as Hill was once arrested for simple battery at a bar."

report on Gaffney, note that his 225 is not filled with pudge
"Tyler Gaffney has excellent running back size. He is listed at 6’1 – 225 . He is a good athlete, and while he is no burner, he is strong, explosive, and is an excellent between-the-tackles-type runner. He doesn’t have great top end speed, I would estimate his speed at 4.63, but he is quick and has a burst. Stanford plays in a pro-style offense, and Gaffney is often lined up as a single back behind the QB. He has good initial quickness to go along with very good vision and instincts. He is a very good decision maker who can pick and slide to the opening and burst. He runs low, with power, and has outstanding balance to consistently get yards after contact. To date he has run for 1296 yards and a 5.2 per carry average. He has also run for 16 touchdowns. The best stat is that he only has been hit for a loss a total of 8 yards this season. He is best as an inside runner but is effective outside also. In the pass game, Gaffney shows good hands and gets production as a screen and check-down receiver. After the catch, he is quick to turn up field and get positive yards. He is not overly elusive, but he can make a quick cut to make the first man miss. As a pass blocker, he is alert and does a good job picking up blitzers. He can face up and anchor against pass rushers.

Gaffney will never be a home run hitter because he lacks the top speed, but in the NFL, he will be very similar to the way he is in college. He will be effective as an inside runner, short yardage receiver, and pass blocker. Guys with those traits have a way of playing a lot on Sunday."

Too me, he reminds me of a better version of LeVeon Bell. So reading about Hill don't seem to give Hill an advantage, in fact I have seen Hill play quite a bit and would say Gaffney is better but one is top guy and the other is going to be 5th round at the best and probably be put on special teams, and that analysis was the most positive I could find on him. I think he might have more potential than Gerhart. I think he runs in about the 4.5 range, great burst, think he has a good vertical at the combine as well.

with the rise of the league becoming passing oriented , more teams split out, more teams using knickel and dime sets more than base offense, smaller linebackers to keep up speed wise, I think we should see a rise in big backs with power, which is why guys like Blount have had sucess. Finding a guy with a rare combo of elite speed and big size is hard to find, so the league is going to be filled more with slower big backs, which ist already is. So this was the main knock on White backs, even though we have plenty of fast ones, so why still no chances?

Last edited:

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
DWID, how many white receivers do you see being selected this year? Is it most likely only Janis and Abbrederis? Looks like pretty slim pickings though Campanaro might get drafted. I know Alex Neutz will probably be a STD and kicked around the fringes of the league. Erik Lora probably doesn't get a sniff.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000329317/article/johnny-manziel-doesnt-impress-ron-jaworski

Look at the ridiculous idiot Jaworski's comments on Manziel, says he has watched five games of Johnny Football and thinks he is a fourth rounder what an a***hole. Blinkered and criminally biased.

Jaworski is a hack. He has been bashing white QBs the past few years. He was the idiot that said Krapernick had the ability to be one of the best QBs to play the game. He is no friend to the white QB or the white football player in general.

PHillisFan

Master
Jaworski is a hack. He has been bashing white QBs the past few years. He was the idiot that said Krapernick had the ability to be one of the best QBs to play the game. He is no friend to the white QB or the white football player in general.

I agree. Jaws is a goofball. Manziel will end up outperforming russell wilson in his career, who for some odd reason everyone is comparing Manziel to. The only reason Wilson has had any success is because he doesn't have to be a pure pocket qb in Seattle. The day he loses his running game and defense Wilson will be in trouble. Mark my words. I can't see Manziel sliding past the Jags at #3. The Texans and Jags are looking for franchise qbs.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I agree. Jaws is a goofball. Manziel will end up outperforming russell wilson in his career, who for some odd reason everyone is comparing Manziel to. The only reason Wilson has had any success is because he doesn't have to be a pure pocket qb in Seattle. The day he loses his running game and defense Wilson will be in trouble. Mark my words. I can't see Manziel sliding past the Jags at #3. The Texans and Jags are looking for franchise qbs.

Exactly. NO ONE mentions that Wilson was on a team with a top running game and top 3 defense. Wilson did his part as a game manager but with a less than stellar defense the Seahawks would be a pretty average team. Wilson is a black game manager. Scam and krapernick are the same. Without good defenses these guys wouldn't be much of anything. No one mentions this due to their skin color and the fact they are supposed to be revolutionizing the position.

dwid

Hall of Famer
DWID, how many white receivers do you see being selected this year? Is it most likely only Janis and Abbrederis? Looks like pretty slim pickings though Campanaro might get drafted. I know Alex Neutz will probably be a STD and kicked around the fringes of the league. Erik Lora probably doesn't get a sniff.

I have no clue, hopefully maybe Abbrederis and Janis in at least the 4th round. Last year has me jaded. Vernon f, McGuffie and about 3 or 4 more got screwed over. Not to mention the mysterious concussion issues of Swope.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
After stellar career at BC. Alex Amidon was shunned by NFL combine and now draftdaddy is reporting he will shun NFL to be a navy seal ...

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer

Lemme tell y'all something....in addition to being a boot lickin' caste harlot, Jawdorkski is insanely jealous of Johnny Football's athletic prowess, fame & success. Ol' (slack)Jaws is green with envy because he never had that type of talent or press.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Lemme tell y'all something....in addition to being a boot lickin' caste harlot, Jawdorkski is insanely jealous of Johnny Football's athletic prowess, fame & success. Ol' (slack)Jaws is green with envy because he never had that type of talent or press.

agreed brother.if Jaws were to come out today he'd be undrafted!

Westside

Hall of Famer
Don't really know if jabber jaw is jealous of Johnny Football, but I do believe he is scared about not pulling the company line of BSPN. He is a detestable f**K at that network.

Shadowlight

Master
Post combine and beyond

I grade the combine a C+ but at times it was on the verge of becoming a B or even B+. Three times I got my hopes up pretty big only to have a letdown. I saw Johnny F run a 4.56 after a 4.63 so I thought ok I'll take the 4.5 ish but he ended with a 4.68 although it was obvious to me he wasn't properly trained to run the 40. I was hoping Connor Shaw would wow but his 40 time of 4.66 is respectable but not earth shattering.
Second letdown was Jeff Janus because I got home just in time to watch his second dash and I saw 4.30 flash up on his first run. Then he ran a 4.44. Still ended up as one of the fastest wideouts but just missed being this year's Ryan Swope.
The D end of things was pretty depressing until I saw the drill times for S Daniel Sorenson. I kept thinking he must have run a 4.4 or low 4.5 40. The next day when I found out his time was 4.67 I was letdown. Seems to me another guy who should have run faster given his scores on the quickness and agility drills. Seems to me too many white guys unlike many of their black counterparts are NOT training their straight ahead 40 yard dash properly.
DE standout Trevor Reilly did not run but showed more explosiveness than Trent Murphy who had a so so combine but both will get drafted.
Sorensen is a late pick if at all and scouts say he is a special teams type - not what we want to hear. S Sunseri is coming of an acl tear so who the heck knows with him?
The LB's were very sparse and so so as well. Only small school Jordan Tripp stood out in the testing by running a 4.67. Zumwalt and Bollough did ok enough to get drafted but again we need guys to blow up times not steady eddie times . Zumwalt could turn out very good though. All three will get drafted.
The best part were the wr's. Janus one would hope will get drafted in the middle rounds given his size, speed, athleticism. No one can argue he doesn't have the measurables. Jared A had a very fine combine showing very good speed--4.5- and great fluididy. He looks like a NFL starter and should get drafted around the third round. Could be a star. Campanaro tested great running a 4.46 and killing the other drills as well. He looks a lot better to me than Danny Ameadola in athletic terms so I will be shocked and pissed if he doesn't get drafted in the middle rounds.
After last year's wr huge letdown where only Swope got drafted and then has to retire ( yeh life really is for the birds)-there is hope at least three wr's are drafted and stick on rosters. I'm holding out hope for a 4th drafted wr like maybe Steve Hull if he burns the 40 at March 6th pro day. That said Alex Amidon must have studied last years draft when seemingly 7-10 good white wr's were not drafted so he is high tailing it out as mentioned before to try out for the navy seals.
Based on last year he would not have been drafted. I think his speed is roughly high 4.5 or low 4.6.
May 8th is the draft lets hope the wr's make a splash this year to make up for last year.
Not sure Shaw gets drafted although he should but Johnny F sure is exciting.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Amidon likely has what it takes to be a SEAL, but isn't good enough for the NFL. What a sick joke.

Shadowlight

Master
Jared A head injuries

Sorry but this has come up on our boards and we can only hope this is not a Ryan Swope part 2. I don't think it will keep him from being drafted and playing but with our luck something could go awry.
I've said this before I am sick of seeing star white wr's being head and knee hunted by black db's. Horrible thing.

Shadowlight

Master
Forgot TE's

Sorry again forgot Te's. Lyerla ran a 4.61 and the big kid from Iowa did fairly well and will get drafted. Also a punter O'Donnell from Miami ran a 4.64.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Jay Prosch runs 4.72 40. Looks like legit Hback prospect. Remind me again why he wasn't invited to combine?!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Khalil Mack is getting the Aaron Curry treatment. Getting propped up as a safe prospect pick at the LB position much like Curry did. Mack was more of a sideline to sideline player - he played in the MAC so if they is going to be a knock on white players it should be a knock on black ones as well. It will be interesting to see if he is a huge bust much like Curry proved himself to be.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Khalil Mack is getting the Aaron Curry treatment. Getting propped up as a safe prospect pick at the LB position much like Curry did. Mack was more of a sideline to sideline player - he played in the MAC so if they is going to be a knock on white players it should be a knock on black ones as well. It will be interesting to see if he is a huge bust much like Curry proved himself to be.

Mike Mayock was at Auburn's (virtually all-black) pro day and after going over various Auburn players the caste clowns in the studio out of the blue asked him if Mack was going to be the first player drafted overall, giving the "most NFL ready" schtick that proves to be wrong almost every draft, ala Curry a few years ago. Mayock said Mack will be the first or second defensive player picked, as Clowney may go before him.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Manziel was dumped all over, then for a while he was "redeemed," even mentioned as the possible first overall pick, now he's being dumped on again. It's easy to observe the anti-White communist hive mind at work, except for those who are incapable of seeing anything else, e.g., DWF Nation, which unfortunately is 99% of Americans, not coincidentally the same 99% being screwed by the 1%.

TwentyTwo

Master
No surprise about Manziel in the USSA...but would not worry about what Jabba the Hut Shaun King has to say!

Is the CB crop that weak in the 2014 NFL Draft?? Or is this class of WR's that strong?

Bradley Roby of Ohio State is #4/or #5 rated CB...a projected 1st or 2nd Round pick! AND Jared Abbrederis is currently listed #16 at WR...a 4th rounder? HOW could this be??....when Abbrederis owned Roby this past season going head-to-head with 10 receptions for 207 yards & TD!

Chris Borland's draft stock should be improving, from NFL.com - "Borland, LB (247 pounds) — Borland ran the 40-yard dash in 4.84 and 4.87 seconds. He had a 35-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot-8 broad jump. He moved really well in the positional drills, a lot better than his times would indicate. He displayed really good anticipation, which was a hallmark of his college career."

dwid

Hall of Famer
No surprise about Manziel in the USSA...but would not worry about what Jabba the Hut Shaun King has to say!

Is the CB crop that weak in the 2014 NFL Draft?? Or is this class of WR's that strong?

Bradley Roby of Ohio State is #4/or #5 rated CB...a projected 1st or 2nd Round pick! AND Jared Abbrederis is currently listed #16 at WR...a 4th rounder? HOW could this be??....when Abbrederis owned Roby this past season going head-to-head with 10 receptions for 207 yards & TD!
this is the year of the wide receiver, according to draftniks. "otherwise Jared Abberderis would be going higher" and insert any other talented White receiver in there like Jeff Janis. Dbs are going to go high just out of need, just like any other year. I think on those draftniks forums that performance it was mentioned once and dismissed.