A couple games to look forward to tomorrow night:

No. Illinois vs. Ohio
UMASS vs. Akron

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
A couple games to look forward to tomorrow night:

No. Illinois vs. Ohio
UMASS vs. Akron

Sweet I'm definitely tuning in to the niu Ohio game.

Riddlewire

Master
A.J. Ouellette having another great game for Ohio. Such a shame their black quarterback limits their offensive potential.

I've been a Northern Illinois fan the past few years, but there's really no reason to root for them much this season. They don't prominently feature any white skill players*. And they're not running as much with QB Drew Hare. They're better than a typical power conference school, but not exactly doing anything contrary to the contemporary caste system in football.

(*correction: Beebe has gotten more work recently.)

Last edited:

Riddlewire

Master
A.J. Ouellette finished the night with 25 carries for 127 yards and 1 TD rushing. Additionally, he had 4 catches for 9 yards with one of them being a TD.
For the season he has 689 yards rushing on 142 carries with 7TD.
He didn't inherit the starting role until the fourth game of the season. And he didn't play in two of their games since that time (injury?). In the six games since he became the starting tailback, he's averaging 103 yards on the ground. Ohio has one more regular season game against Miami of Ohio. They need a win there to become bowl eligible. Unless he has two huge performances for two more games, he's unlikely to reach 1,000 yards on the season, but next year (assuming he's not just replaced by the next negro freshman to show up on campus) he should reach that 1,000 yard mark easily.

In other news, Akron WR Zach D'Orazio had a big game for the Zips in their win over UMass. 10 catches for 121 yards. That gives him 57 catches on the year for 617 yards (10.8 avg). Averaging a first down per catch is a valuable trait in a "possession receiver".

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Good stuff Riddlewire. I have enjoyed watching Ohio play the past few weeks. AJ oulette is fun to watch and has been a surprise at the rb postion which has been a little disappointing with the injuries to Laskey and underutilization of zwinak prior to his injury.

Honestly the MAC is a lot of fun to watch for me. Usually there are a few guys each game playing at caste postions.

I was disappointed to see Blake Frohnhapfel was out with an injury last night. How was he not able to win the starting job at Marshall? As a one year starter at UMASS he has put up some great numbers. I hope he gets a buzz around him during the draft process. He truly is the prototype for an nfl qb.

Edit: Blake will actually have one more year of eligibility at UMASS in 2015.

Last edited:

Riddlewire

Master
Interesting.
Duke's black starting QB is their pocket passer.
They bring in a white quarterback to be the running "wildcat" QB.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Interesting.
Duke's black starting QB is their pocket passer.
They bring in a white quarterback to be the running "wildcat" QB.

Boone is not a good QB, it baffles me Cutliffe has given him the job the past two seasons considering his history with the Manning family.

Same with UNC - Fedora recruited Trubisky to run his offense yet has given the job to the inconsistent black quarterback. At least Switzer has 2 receptions for 107 yds so far!

TwentyTwo

Master
Call it the "Wes Welker effect"? As BOTH teams slot receivers... the explosive Ryan Switzer(2 for 107 including highlight reel catch) & Max McCaffrey (leads Duke so far 3-45)....Switzer being a former tailback should have at least 5 carries every game.

Both QB's are wildly erratic in the passing game...

Curry Sexton having another solid game so far...5 rec for 76 yards for K-State

Riddlewire

Master
Sexton's underutilization is one of the bigger crimes in college football this season. All of his routes should be swapped with Lockett's. His athleticism is equal to Lockett, but his hands are WAY better. He would be over 1,000 yards and 75 catches on the season right now if he were playing Lockett's position.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Sexton's underutilization is one of the bigger crimes in college football this season. All of his routes should be swapped with Lockett's. His athleticism is equal to Lockett, but his hands are WAY better. He would be over 1,000 yards and 75 catches on the season right now if he were playing Lockett's position.

I just saw Sexton and Lockett side by side - I was pretty surprised how much bigger Sexton is compared to Lockett. Sexton has been a real pleasant surprise this season, hopefully he gets a combine invite. I totally agree with you though Riddlewire. At least Sexton was given a chance by Snyder and he does still have an outside shot at hitting 1k yards with two games remaining.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Agree with you both about Sexton! He's underrated athletically and I too hope he receives a combine invite. He.may not have blazing speed but I think he has plenty size/SPEED/agility to carve out a career! His route running and hands are his best attributes IMO and that's not a diss to him.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Agree with you both about Sexton! He's underrated athletically and I too hope he receives a combine invite. He.may not have blazing speed but I think he has plenty size/SPEED/agility to carve out a career! His route running and hands are his best attributes IMO and that's not a diss to him.
Maybe come draft time he'll get the Jordy Nelson comparisons. It'll be one of the few times I wouldn't mind one White receiver being compared to another.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
What Cutcliffe is doing is not new. He did the same thing at New Miss in 2000 when Eli Manning was a redshirt freshman. He proclaimed Romaro Miller the starter several weeks before the season began and never seriously considered starting Eli at any point during the season. He put Eli in for the 4th quarter of that year's bowl game against West Virginia after they were behind by 33, and Eli passed for 3 unanswered TDs. A lot of Conformist fans (including myself at the time) wondered what might have been if he'd started a few games that year.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
What Cutcliffe is doing is not new. He did the same thing at New Miss in 2000 when Eli Manning was a redshirt freshman. He proclaimed Romaro Miller the starter several weeks before the season began and never seriously considered starting Eli at any point during the season. He put Eli in for the 4th quarter of that year's bowl game against West Virginia after they were behind by 33, and Eli passed for 3 unanswered TDs. A lot of Conformist fans (including myself at the time) wondered what might have been if he'd started a few games that year.

Thanks for that info Col. What a douche Cutcliffe is.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Well OUs RB rushed for 427yards against Kansas today. KU is one of the worse teams in recent FBS history. Crappy defenses all.over the country.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Iowas Lowdermilk has looked great at SS so.has Caputo for the badgers

Kaptain

Master
Mitch Leidner of Minnesota with 22 carries 111 yards and 2 TDs lead the Gophers to a win over quotabacked team Nebraska. Leidner also threw for 135 yards. Minnesota should have beat Ohio State last week but the coaches insisted on running the John Fox Tim Tebow pop warner offense. Today Leidner was cut loose just a little bit. Hopefully next year the coaching staff will feature Mitch's underrated arm more.

And FSU escapes defeat again...

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Jake Ruddock is having a career game! 300yds passing and 2tds

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mitch Leidner of Minnesota with 22 carries 111 yards and 2 TDs lead the Gophers to a win over quotabacked team Nebraska. Leidner also threw for 135 yards. Minnesota should have beat Ohio State last week but the coaches insisted on running the John Fox Tim Tebow pop warner offense. Today Leidner was cut loose just a little bit. Hopefully next year the coaching staff will feature Mitch's underrated arm more.

Love this. What a game by Leidner. Glad to see the U of A Wildcats win too. Hoping Scooby Wright can win the Pac 12 Defensive Player of the Year. He is one of 4 finalists. The kid is a beast.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Free Shoes is more lucky than good. Jameez is an avg black quarterback - look at his huge decline in play after winning the heisman last year. Johnny Manziel had an even better year after winning the Heisman but was robbed because the media hyped up their black QB to win last year.

It's great to see Notre Dame's decline under that black racist Kelly.

Looking forward to Kessler outperforming Hundley later tonight.

Riddlewire

Master
He will be like Newton in the NFL.
Poor, but just barely good enough to never be replaced (due to their mythical melanin upside).