2012 NFL Week 3

Riddlewire

Master
It's obvious the Chiefs think of Hillis as nothing more than an insurance policy.
He gets very few carries, and, despite having possibly the best hands of any runningback in the NFL, they never throw the ball to him.
His job is to sit on the bench and remain healthy, occasionally giving Charles a breather.

Truthteller

Mentor
Kyle Williams got his 3rd sack of the season.

I know you're talking about "Kyle Williams" of the Bills, who made the Pro Bowl in 2010 and is wildly underrated, but I was surprised to see the the black "Kyle Williams" getting significant time in the slot for the 49ers today. Matter of fact, I'm shocked he's still in San Francisco!

Yes, this is the same "Kyle Williams" that muffed/fumbled a pair of punt returns in last year's NFC Championship game, which ABSOLUTELY cost the team their first Super Bowl appearance since 1994. Think a low (6th round) draft pick white WR would have survived the cut after such a horrific game? Heck, Brett Swain (7th round) was probably cleansed from the Packers roster because he dropped one catch-able ball as a slot receiver in the SB vs. the Steelers....a game the Packers still won.

How ironic, also, that it was "Kyle Williams" that pushed Swain off the 49ers roster and onto the unemployment line a few weeks ago? The Kosher script keeps rolling forward, unabated -- worthless blacks get chance after chance, even when they mess things up beyond belief (even costing their team a SB shot), while similarly talented whites have to be almost perfect to keep their jobs week in and week out.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Another note to Ponder's great TD run -- the 49ers didn't give up a rushing TD in the first 15 games last year.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Jared Allen only has 3 tackles thus far this season and no sacks. Also Amendola and Hartline are vitually invisible today.:sad:

backrow

Hall of Famer
Austin Collie injured again, looks like some serious knee issue.

EDIT how the hell is Sanchez still in the game (especially after a shockingly bad showing last week)

10 out of 22 passes completed for 100 yards... 2 interceptions as well!

EDIT 2 and now Hillis is injured... what a ****ty season

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The NFL is making me turn evil. I usually don't wish ill on anyone but the way Hillis is being screwed over I hope someone just rams into that knee of Charles. Can't we catch a ****ing break for once?

We should have known better than to think that obese affirmative action hire would actually give Hillis carries.

Looks like i definitely shouldn't have started Hillis over Charles today in fantasy.Anybody heard what happened to Hillis,looks hurt.

dwid

Hall of Famer
We should have known better than to think that obese affirmative action hire would actually give Hillis carries.
had to delete it because right after I posted they say it looks like he may have tweaked a hamstring, I think he was just poed though, he can't catch a break, he gets a pass in the flat, a linebacker is on him and Cassel can't even throw it accurately, he has to turn around for the ball giving him no chance to make the linebacker miss even if he catches it. Just hoping that he didn't tweak anything.

Well hopefully one day Hillis will get a chance, Crennel can't stay for long, he is horrible, I am not sure if he is actually doing anything except being team grandpa to the blacks.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Peterson has 18 carries for 2.5 ypc... Gerhart has zero carries...

btw the next great thing in Cleveland, Richardson has something like 1.8 yards per carry. huuuuge upgrade over Hillis, huh?

EDIT yeah dwid, Cassel is not playing well. did you see the throw on which McCluster got injured?

something positive? Justin Smith playing great, getting credit from the announcers.

dwid

Hall of Famer
no i didnt catch it, just saw him lying there at the end. Its obvious that there is a severe lack of coaching going on for that franchise. How does a qb regress THAT much? He looked pretty good with NE, I mean, they are a better, Whiter team but he has some weapons. Bowe catches some of the targets, McCluster is like a poor poor version of Welker.

Throws it right to the Saints while typing this.

td for Jed Collins!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Thanks dwid...I will keep my eyes peeled.

The Redskins run the same offense that Tebow ran with the Broncos last year but somehow it is going to be spun in a positive light...call it a hunch.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Thanks dwid...I will keep my eyes peeled.

The Redskins run the same offense that Tebow ran with the Broncos last year but somehow it is going to be spun in a positive light...call it a hunch.
I think he was just upset about the situation he was in, at least hoping. Charles barely finished that run, Hillis could have gotten that with the blocking and how the Saints played it. I mean Roman Harper almost caught up and he is close to being a 4.7 guy, probably at this point in his career.

Charles got his big play, now do like you did in 2010 and let the big man grind it out. Something that you said repeatedly you would do, over and over. If you were going to screw him over they should have just done it from the start instead of giving us false hope of a 50/50 split.

btw, Redskins aren't running the same offense Tebow got to run, with Tebow they just ran the basic zone read over and over, which has already been figured out by defenses, no passing until third down, no wrinkles to confuse the defense. Griffin is running a variety of packages, zone-read, fake the zone read and chuck it down the field on 1st and 2nd down, opening up the entire playbook unlike with Tebow, had Tebow gotten these playcalls he would have completed much more than he did and people probably wouldn't be questioning his passing skills.

why can't the blocking be like that with Hillis in? oh yeah because they run the same play over and over, inside zone. The Saints should have realized that Charles basically runs one play, the stretch play, they switch from right to left. It should be an obvious tip off by who is in at tailback. Maybe if they would let Hillis run the stretch play every now and then he would get a big run, plus with the amount of times he has gone straight up the gut, it would catch them off guard. Its hard to tell if he isn't on the field because of injury or because they are just screwing him over, I mean he got like what, 3 carries in the first half?

Charles should enjoy this while he can, because the Saints are terrible, he won't be getting holes like that for a while. With the line being crappy at blocking (except against the Saints today) it would make more sense for a powerback to run it, Charles got stuffed every time he tried to bounce it outside in the last few games. Lots of 1 and 2 yard runs and then the 46 yarder where he was caught from behind and now the 91 against a terrible Saints d to inflate his stats. Its like Nebraska playing Norfolk St.

I think Hillis will get his chance to shine against the Ravens and the Steelers while Charles reverts back to 0.5 ypc, unfortunately they play in the AFC West with weak defenses so Charles will pad his stats for those games.

Do the Chiefs see now the benefit of each back running a variety of plays? the first inside zone that Charles ran was a gaping hole in the middle because they were expecting the stretch. The same would happen if Hillis ran the stretch.

Last edited:

backrow

Hall of Famer
Chris Long has 2 sacks on the day.

Still no sign of Hillis, now Draughn is in.

Brian Leonard lined up at split end for a play. The announcer started laughing and said - "The Bengals don't discriminate, they even line their fullbacks up as wideouts".

If that wasn't bad enough, the guy on the radio kept calling him Jim Leonard.

RGIII just got tagged running the option play. He is not going to last the season playing like this.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Weenieworld said Hillis injured his ankle but was able to walk off the field

dwid

Hall of Famer
if the Chiefs can't win this one then I think they have a good shot of going 0-16. I hope they do, Charles can have his padded stats on a winless team. He doesn't help sustain drives because his ypc is inflated by one or two carries per game, when he doesn't get a big play you see the avg he had last week 0.5. If they have to get tough yards they use a different back so his ypc stays inflated, its not the same as when Barry Sanders had a high ypc for his career and ran all the plays except for a few times during his 2,000 yard season for 6.1, Tommy Vardell ran a few short yardage but mostly goal line plays getting 6 tds on 32 carries, which is not enough to influence Sander's ypc with 300+ carries. Hillis might as well be in the same position, because thats how many carries he will wind up with for the season from the way its looking, and he can't score goal line tds if they barely ever get to the redzone.

Last edited:

seattlefan

Guru
Gerhart finally getting a couple carries in the late 4th quarter with MIN up 24-13 against the 49ers. AP had 25 carries for 86 yards. AP had a 20 yard carry, aside from that he just put up 2 or 3 yard carries all game. It's ridiculous that a player that had an ACL and MCL tear 9 months ago gets 25 carries against a tough defense like SF when Gerhart is there to carry the load.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I think they will give Hillis more carries next week if healthy, Charles is at the 20 carry mark and looks gassed and playing like garbage, in fact he was stuffed like the last 5 rushes. The split will probably be more 70/30 though. I just hope that Hillis gets a chance to shine.

With Gerhart I don't even want to think about it because it makes my blood boil. Hillis might be the funner of the 2 to watch but I think Gerhart is more talented overall, lighter on his feet and can cut quicker. If he were black he would probably have a 10 year career like LT with 1k seasons each time, he has a running style that minimizes the hits he takes so less chance of injury. He dishes out punishment every now and then though. Plus he doesn't pull trucks in the offseason which tightens up those hamstrings. You think Hillis would catch on by now. He should be stretching his hamstrings every day.

Charles looks like his body is falling apart, I wish it were literally doing that.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Gerhart is not helping his cause by fumbling twice trying to kill the clock ffs... DWFs will not forget that.

EXCUSE ME, three times? oh my god. he's probably done for the year if not forever.