2012 Indoor Track Season

trackster

Mentor
Even though I'm more interested in track than field events, I think someone should mention the continued dominance of Jesse Williams in the high jump. He's been the top American high jumper since 2007.

Also, Andy Turner is still struggling with Achilles problems. He may be done for, as his quack doctors have given him cortisone shots. This is nuts. Anyone who has ever researched Achilles injuries knows that cortisone shots there are incredibly risky and dramatically elevate the potential for a rupture.

frederic38

Hall of Famer

frederic38

Hall of Famer
yes, oviously he is more white than black regarding the genes
in france there are a lot of mixed people, so i know if someone is mixed or not by looking at them
that's not the first part-black kid i see that have this kind of features
in holland also there must be a lot of mixed people with similar physique, waterbed

his sister kind of looks like mariah carey
eastkentwood-track-28.png

(on the left)

greyghost

Mentor
stealth

thats how one would define "hall" , a stealth ******:spy::spy::spy:, what a genetic mess the US can be! any way who really gives a bollocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Two young british sprinters opened up their season. Andrew Robertson opened up with a 6.65 win. Adam Gemelli ran a 6.72! I really think Gemelli has the ability to get into the 6.50's. Maybe even by next year. He is so young and he still has to continue training hard. He has the tools to work with though.

Last edited:

frederic38

Hall of Famer
arnaldo abrantes of portugal has been without club for a while, but recently he went to the best portuguese club, benfica, where he says the training conditions are perfect, and will help him improve
he thinks about the 2012 olympics, he already ran fast enought in the 200m to qualify

currently he participates to the indoor national club championships , and he won his 200m serie in 21.70
let's see what he can do in this competition

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The british are coming. The british are coming. The youngsters keep putting up great times. Daniel Talbot ran a european leading 21.17 in the 200 meters. Outstanding time.

Last edited:

waterbed

Mentor
yes, oviously he is more white than black regarding the genes
in france there are a lot of mixed people, so i know if someone is mixed or not by looking at them
that's not the first part-black kid i see that have this kind of features
in holland also there must be a lot of mixed people with similar physique, waterbed

his sister kind of looks like mariah carey
eastkentwood-track-28.png

(on the left)

you see often half whites half from dutch antilles, and the white women that hates to be white always doesn't understand why the child looks nearly always close to full blood whites.And then they often mention the curly hair( curly just as in white people) and call that you see he is black lol.They never undertand that from dutch natilles are on average like 70% black and the ones that have like 40% or more white admixture are often the border to when they get a child with a dutch to see anything black in the offspring.What I always find funny is that afro-kinky hair of like 20 inches are seen as a black trait when in fact most black africans when they shave their head becuase of the curls being so tighly curled in volume in grows only like 0.5 inch a year and when long often breaks, from dutch antilles like 5 and white people 10 inch a year.

trackster

Mentor
If it's at all possible to streem the Russian Winter IAAF Permit Meeting, I hope someone can find the link. It's February 5. Among others, Guliyev and Sakalauskas will run the 60 (against Dwain Chambers). Borzakovsky and Kszczot will duel in the 600 along with several Kenyans. And the women's side will be loaded, as always, as Russian women are such strong athletes.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
If it's at all possible to streem the Russian Winter IAAF Permit Meeting, I hope someone can find the link. It's February 5. Among others, Guliyev and Sakalauskas will run the 60 (against Dwain Chambers). Borzakovsky and Kszczot will duel in the 600 along with several Kenyans. And the women's side will be loaded, as always, as Russian women are such strong athletes.

from what i understand, it will be here:
http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta..._NI288599_Mezhdunarodniy-turnir-Russkaya-zima

not sure, because i don't understand russian

i found it here:
http://www.atleticanet.it/component...5789-latletica-in-tv-fino-al-19-febbraio.html

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Scottish sprinter Richard Kilty ran a 6.61 60m in Birmingham today.
Perhaps this will be a break through season for him.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Richard Kilty is in the shape of his life. From what I've heard, he has been warm weather training in the southwest. His coach is Linford Christie and he is in a big training group that includes MLF among others. The warm weather training in the U.S. is obviously paying off. What a great start to the season!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
And at the Indiana relays, Giesting again ran well. However, he was bested by another of our young ones, Patrick Feeney: "MEN'S 400m: The Irish picked up their first win of the weekend as Feeney and Giesting went 1-2 in the 400m dash. Feeney hit USATF and IAAF standards with a time of 47.38, while Giesting secured an IAAF standard with a time of 47.59."

Feeney, who is a sophomore, is down to 46.73 and Giesting to 46.80.
Ben Skidmore from Arkansas is at 46.57.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
some notable results from Europe today -

Andrew Pozzi 7.62 in the 60m hurdles. 2nd fastest 19yr old Brit of all time, behind Colin Jackson
Ivet Lalova 7.20 in the 60m. Laura Turner 2nd in 7.29 in France.
6.62 from Simone Collio at the same meet.
Guliyev unfortunately was DQ'd in the heats at the big Russia meet today.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I think Pozzi ran 7.58 in the heats, but can't confirm.
Anyway, looks like he will give Britain another top short hurdler to go along with Andrew Turner.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Some very good results from Moscow today -

young Menkov 8.24pb in the Long Jump
Silnov 2.36 in the high jump
the beautiful Klishina 6.86 in the long jump
Shabanov 7.58 in the mens 60m hurdles
Shubenkov 2nd in 7.61

Fedoriva 51.46pb in the women's 400m
Ukrainians Povh 7.14 and Ryemyen 7.18 in the women's 60m
Sakalauskas an okay time of 6.65 in the 60m

For you serious track fans, results are here:
http://rusathletics.com/russianwinter/rez-e.htm

trackster

Mentor
Another interesting result from Russia. Kszczot and Borzakovsky beat all three Kenyans, including big names Kiplagat and Lalang in the 600:

1 224KSZCZOT Adam 02/09/89POL
pol.gif
5 1:15.26 CR

2 227BORZAKOVSKIY Yuriy 12/04/81RUS
rus.gif
3 1:16.08

3 225KIVUVA Jackson 11/08/89KEN
ken.gif
4 1:16.93

3 233DYLDIN Maksim 15/05/87RUS
rus.gif
6 1:16.93PB

5 226KIPLAGAT Richard 03/05/84KEN
ken.gif
1 1:16.96

6 223LALANG Boaz Kiplagat 08/02/89KEN
ken.gif
2 1:18.61PB

trackster

Mentor
It wouldn't allow me to paste the results, but K ran a fine 1:15.26 for the win, Borzo followed at 1:16.08 and the Kenyans were well beaten (one was over 1:18).