Eric Smith

P
AJ Trapasso

K
Jay Feeley

Tom Iron

Mentor
whiteathlete33,

I think the last White running back they had was back in the 80s and his name was Scott Dierking. He was a good runner too.

Tom Iron...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I just hope Danny gets a shot at some point this year to showcase his amazing athletic abilities.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Woodhead was cut. Jets got blacker

Adam Schefter, of ESPN.com, reports the New York Jets have waived P Reggie Hodges, LB Brandon Renkart, OT Mike Kracalik and RB Danny Woodhead from the team.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
So much for being optomistic.
smiley7.gif

bigunreal

Mentor
Just incredible. This is yet another pure hate crime, perpetrated by a huge corporate entity that is allowed to freely discriminate against white employees.

If a white RB cannot make a team after gaining 158 yards in the final preseason game, then when will a white RB ever be given a chance? It is just impossible to be optimistic.

white is right

Hall of Famer
The machinations are true....
smiley5.gif
Well I knew Hodges was all but gone and the coach really didn't want to keep Danny, but this is unreal....
smiley5.gif
Hopefully Woodhead gets picked up by somebody and doesn't have to go to the practice squad.

toddelle

Anyone have a link to Jets mismanagement to register a complaint? Maybe the UFL will give Woodhead a shot? Better yet, why don't white players start an All Aryan team. Don't most NFL organizations get away with fielding All chocolate?Edited by: toddelle

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I'm a veteran of many years of witnessing the white purges but the waiving of Woodhead has to be one of the most shocking examples I have ever seen. Here's a guy with some proven credentials at the college level, tremendous game production, and a BIG fan favorite, and he still can't make the team???!!!! This is the worst one yet.

I challenge anyone else to come up with a late roster cut that rivaled this one.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Actually I was very surprised when Woodhead made the team, for a day as it turned out.His biggest problem is that the Jets are one of the worst fits for his abilities given that they have Leon Washington, who if he isn't the best third down scatback change of pace back in the league, is close to the best. Thomas Jones' job is to get the hard yards up the middle, and 3rd round '09 rookie Shonne Green was picked to be Jones heir apparent. Under the circumstances it made little sense forthe Jets to keep an additional fast scatback when they already had a top one.

This is not to put down Woodhead's talent in any way; he can be as effective as Leon Washington if a team gives him a chance, maybe better. Will any of the many teams who could use someone with Washington's skill set bring in Danny to try develop his similar abilities? Most likely not. The very few white skill players who get genuine opportunities, rather than the one mistake and your demoted mentality they face are those few who are lucky enough to be wanted by one of the very few teams willing to give them a chance. Anthony Gonzalez and Austin Collie should offer prayers of thanks to their God every day. Ditto Wes Welker and hopefully eventually Julian Edelman. Same for Kevin Walter and David Anderson. Roughly 90 percent of the teams in the NFL would have treated them at best as scrubs, at worst as mere training camp tackling bodies.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Morbidly obese pig Rex Ryan is keeping two white defensive backs but got rid of a good runningback. I saw it coming with the three they already have on the roster. Woodhead would be an upgrade at runningback for a number of teams in the league.

im schocked they cut woodhead ....but i dont know WHY im shocked ..he is a white runningback and this is the NFL ...it was bound to happen

oh man sorry guys mods and admin can you ban this name i have another name which i tought i was posting under

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Woodhead was not signed back onto the PS. He is a free agent now so lets see if he gets picked up.

white is right

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
I'm a veteran of many years of witnessing the white purges but the waiving of Woodhead has to be one of the most shocking examples I have ever seen. Here's a guy with some proven credentials at the college level, tremendous game production, and a BIG fan favorite, and he still can't make the team???!!!! This is the worst one yet.

I challenge anyone else to come up with a late roster cut that rivaled this one.
Some old veterans only. Garcia was cut because he didn't want to back up an inferior player and voiced it openly.

The Hock

Master
If the New Orleans Saints picked up Woodhead and cut Reggie Bush they would immediately improve their running game.

Won't happen.

And we know why.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I'm still pissed at The Jets for their treatment of Danny but some news:

Jets sign LB Ryan Fowler and release FB Jason Davis (black).

Westside

Hall of Famer
For the good of white skill players, Woodhead has to instruct his agent to put feelers out there for other teams. Screw this PS bs. Its the same old story, whites being "happy" to be on the PS with dillusions of someday playing on Sunday when it counts. Danny has to break the is vicious cycle NOW!

Oh, Don you called it right on Danny being cut, waived or placed on the glorious PS. F..K!