2008 NFL Combine

itsme

Guru
4.49 4 Jordy
smiley17.gif

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Hester and Hillis helped themselves out. Both have put up good times. Schmitt was also impressive for a guy of his size. Hester's time should help him out since he is a classic RB and did not play in a spread offense. He is a mauler and will run people over but his 4.6 speed shows he is capable of breaking long runs.

Riddlewire

Master
Hillis was faster coming out of high school. You can thank Houston Nutt's disastrous 'superbulk' training program for adding so much muscle weight to Peyton's frame. If he hadn't been forced to become a backfield OT for the past two years, he probably could've run in the 4.44-4.48 range. His time is still good, but he could've been a first round lock. Thanks, Nutt! You just cost Peyton several million dollars.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
For being 240lbs that time is very impressive for Hillis. He would be an aboslute monster as a starting RB.

Gi-15

Mentor
I'm still somewhat disapointed. It doesn't amount as much on the football field, but I would have liked to see some times nearer to 4.50. May be just me thought. I'll just try to keep in mind that guys like Jamal lewis ran 4.58 too and had some success as a RBEdited by: Gi-15

I think Nelson's time may get him bumped up a bit, hopefully into the mid to late 2nd (I think going into the combine he was late 3rd, early 4th territory).

Hillis, time is very impressive for a guy who will be a pure FB in the NFL. I think he may be a guy who in the right system (in other words playing for an open minded coach) who can get 10-15 touches a game, which is far more then any White is currently being given.

Hester put up a time good enough to be a Halfback, but not good enough to get a chance to play it exclusively. Clearly will be yet another caste victim.

Blythe will need to run better at his pro day, or he may not get drafted.

Amendola normally would be dismissed after running a 4.6 with his size, but Welker may have opened the door for some team to take a flyer on him.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Anyone else think its funny how excuses were made for Manningham's 40 times yet he will still be a top 3 round pick but Hass who was much better and ran a similar 40 got the treatment he did.

voice

Guru
reclaimsocal said:
I think Nelson's time may get him bumped up a bit, hopefully into the mid to late 2nd (I think going into the combine he was late 3rd, early 4th territory).

Hillis, time is very impressive for a guy who will be a pure FB in the NFL.  I think he may be a guy who in the right system (in other words playing for an open minded coach) who can get 10-15 touches a game, which is far more then any White is currently being given.

Hester put up a time good enough to be a Halfback, but not good enough to get a chance to play it exclusively.  Clearly will be yet another caste victim.

Amendola normally would be dismissed after running a 4.6 with his size, but Welker may have opened the door for some team to take a flyer on him.

don't forget Blythe is 6'5"..Manninghan ran 4.6 and is 5'11

voice said:
reclaimsocal said:

Hillis, time is very impressive for a guy who will be a pure FB in the NFL. I think he may be a guy who in the right system (in other words playing for an open minded coach) who can get 10-15 touches a game, which is far more then any White is currently being given.

Hester put up a time good enough to be a Halfback, but not good enough to get a chance to play it exclusively. Clearly will be yet another caste victim.

don't forget Blythe is 6'5"..Manninghan ran 4.6 and is 5'11

Hey its not my opinion that matters. If I were drafting, I'd have Blythe ahead of Manningham, but from what I percieve of the Caste system, I don't think Blythe will be drafted with that time. Manningham will probably fall into the 2nd or 3rd round, but don't be surprised if he significantly improves in time for his pro day, which of course I'm sure will be through hard work...
smiley2.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The announcers on the NFL Network were raving over a 6-3 black receivertoday after heran a 4.6, saying it was like a 5-9 guy running a 4.3, but Blythe won't be cut any slack. He's dropped like a rock in WR rankings the past few months. If he doesn't get drafted he will have a very difficult time ever gettingto playin the NFL.He could be the nextAaron Hosack, who is 6-6 with 4.6 speed and has been totally screwed over.

dwid

Hall of Famer
man its upsetting that jacob hester is now being shifted to fullback but at least the "experts" have him at number 1 fullback, he could easily replace deuce mcallister on the saints as someone that actually gets to carry, both had similiar 40 times and both had the same run up the middle plowing through people style

Stonewall

Guru
Jordy Nelson came out a big winner yesterday. His 4.49 40 time was only a part of the story. Jordy's biggest impact came during the actual receiving drills. He displayed exceptional hands, and showed scouts how a "true receiver" really plays. A true receiver can actually catch the football.

Mayock's comments on Jordy were interesting. When Jordy ran his first 40, Marshall Faulk had just joined the NFL Network telecast and was talking about how players who had a "body of work" developed, based on college success, should not be expected to participate in events at The Combine (as performing could only hurt them). Well, up steps Jordy. Mayock comments that Jordy is a guy who "does have a body of work (122 catches), but still has to prove himself at the Combine because he is not a Top 10 pick".

Well Mike, why isn't he? Hey buddy, it's so-called "draft experts" like you that label him a non-Top 10 pick. It's like Mayock is trying to pin the blame elsewhere. He can't give a reason why Jordy is rated below the black receivers who Jordy just outran.

Jordy will be taken by the end of the second round. He is a faster version of Ricky Proehl.

Stonewall

Guru
I watched the entire RB session yesterday, and I believe that Hester, Hillis, and Schmitt all came through with very solid showings. Each man showed that he was an all-around football player. Each man ran well, showed good strength, and most importantly, demonstrated football skills.

These are 3 men who can make plays with the football at the NFL level. Don't worry about what the fools who claim to be draft experts say. I mean, the prejudice is so open and apparent. Like Don pointed out, on the bottom of the screen on the NFL Network you can see Mayock's Top 5 Running Backs (all black) listed, followed by his Top 3 Fullbacks (all white) listed. The fact that our white warriors ran faster 40 times than many of the supposed superstar black tailbacks shows how inept these draft fools really are.

Stonewall

Guru
I just spent a little time reading assorted pre-Combine blogs. This furthers my view that Jordy Nelson did a lot for himself yesterday. The vast majority of those scouting the draft expected Jordy to run in the 4.6 range. His 4.49 time should solidify a second round pick.

I checked out a couple of Dallas Cowboy fan blogs that were adamant about Jordy being a #2 receiver for Dallas, starting alongside Terrell Owens.

Congratulations to Jordy and I would like to thank all of the members of Caste Football who have unabashedly supported Jordy throughout the last 2 years, despite all of the criticism from those fans who get some sort of enjoyment out of ridiculing him. The YouTube video of him beating the KU corner Talib was huge, and is mentioned all of over the web.

Caste Members keep up the fight. Members of this forum supplied me with a lot of information on Jordy, I greatly appreciate it. Roll on Jordy Nelson.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Stonewall, man, glad to see you posting again! As usual, your analysis is not only truthful, but very helpful (especially during the uncertain NFL draft BS).

I'd love to see a team have some guts and select Jordy in the 2nd round. I could see the Bears, Titans, Vikings, or Steelers taking Nelson with their 2nd pick. In a fair NFL, he'd be a late 1st round (25-31 range) pick. Knowing the moronic NFL, he'll probably replace Matt Jones on the national Nigeria football team from Jacksonville, FL.

Personally, I hate the combine, and fully believe it's yet another tool implimented to further weed out guys who are actually good football players (usually 95% of them are white players). However, it was nice to see Jordy shut all those puppets up for once.Edited by: Thrashen

Stonewall

Guru
It's good to be back among like-minded men who aren't afraid to state the truth and fight for what they know is right. I took an extended vacation to get away from this cold winter weather.

I'm looking forward to seeing what occurs in the last 2 days of the Combine as the defensive players are showcased. From what I understand, Chris Long is ready to turn a lot of heads when he participates in the assorted defensive drills.

I just really feel that the trend with NFL personnel men is away from the non-football, hyped up events (40 times, vertical jump) and more directed towards the drills that actually dictate whether or not a man can play football. Watching Jordy Nelson make "the gauntlet" drill look like a walk in the park was a great thing to see yesterday.

Another thing I'm noticing (and enjoying) is the frequent disagreements between the NFL network analyst team. Seriously, Rich Eisen is virtually a necessity out there as comic relief in order to break the tension that is more and more along racial lines. Yesterday, Mike Mayock and Marshall Faulk were going at it pretty good. Later Steve Mariucci and Jamie Dukes were as well. The white guys try to be professional, but it is clear that even a guy like Mayock is tired of hearing Deion Sanders, Dukes, and all of our other favorites saying that Matt Ryan's interception total from last year poses the same type of liability as Darren McPherson's multiple arrests.

I love it. Even our white caste followers are getting sick of the prejudiced views of the black ex-players. From Jamie Dukes saying "Where is Chris Long going to play?", to that idiot black nerd announcer (I forgot his name) saying that Adam Schefter was a "Wes Welker type" while laughingly nudging Jamie Dukes' enormously fat stomach, the black jealously/racism is so apparent.

We've got a number of quality white players to pull for today and tomorrow. Craig Steltz, Jamie Silva, Dan Connor, and all the rest, make us proud.