2008 BCS National Championship Game

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yes, our white brothers on both teams played great and represented their race well on a huge national stage! I salute you men!
smiley32.gif

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I did notice that in every camera shot -- especially of the OSU sidelines -- white athletes were abundant. Great game to end a great season for our people. Our people are the best athletes in the world. All they need is a chance to prove it (like last night).

Stonewall

Guru
Ohio State players, keep your heads up. You have a young team with a returning QB who will be very good next year. Hartline still has 2 years left. Your defense will get whiter next year as well.

Bring back the stud white LBs of 2005, guys like Carpenter, Hawk, and Schlegel.

Start another white corner like Dustin Fox.

OSU will be on the rise if it goes back to the formula (i.e. start 5-6 white players on defense) that won the national championship over Miami.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I think the call is going to be for OSU to get "faster" and more athletic to compete with the afaletes from the SEC that have whomped them twice in a row. That will mean less Hawk's, Carpenters, Fox'es and Hartline's.

whiteCB

Master
Stonewall said:
Ohio State players, keep your heads up. You have a young team with a returning QB who will be very good next year. Hartline still has 2 years left. Your defense will get whiter next year as well.

Bring back the stud white LBs of 2005, guys like Carpenter, Hawk, and Schlegel.

Start another white corner like Dustin Fox.

OSU will be on the rise if it goes back to the formula (i.e. start 5-6 white players on defense) that won the national championship over Miami.

I now cherish that 2002 team that much more after the loss last night. The defense on that team was tenacious and down right a bunch of bad ass you know what. Ohio State's defense the past two years has been sort of soft if you ask me. Tim Anderson, Matt Wilhelm, Robert Reynolds, Donnie Nickey, and Dustin Fox(AJ Hawk even played a lot as a true freshman) led that team to the only 14-0 season in college football history. What a great group of guys!

Stonewall

Guru
Ohio State started only one white on defense. My view is Tressel will definitely look to go back to what made him successful in 2002. He's too smart not too.

Look at the men that White CB listed above, these players are now on NFL rosters. For a college team to send that many players to the NFL is quite a feat.

The state of Ohio has many talented white high school football players just waiting to attend Ohio State. Tressel needs to bring them in.

Stonewall said:
Ohio State started only one white on defense. My view is Tressel will definitely look to go back to what made him successful in 2002. He's too smart not too.

Look at the men that White CB listed above, these players are now on NFL rosters. For a college team to send that many players to the NFL is quite a feat.

The state of Ohio has many talented white high school football players just waiting to attend Ohio State. Tressel needs to bring them in.

That game was extremely fun to watch as there were whites involved in nearly every play, and making a good number of key plays, TDs, etc. It's very unlike watching an FSU vs. Miami game where sometimes whites are absent from the field. I was watching this game with a lot of people at a friends house, and a lot of my friends know I root for the white guys. A couple give me a some crap for it, but some of them join in, like they're happy for me, but I can tell they like the white players too.

Either way, Tressel has been one of the few major conference coaches to start whites are every postion except RB. There were a couple white RBs that got little playing time this year, maybe one of them will get some more touches next season. Also, watch out next season for sophomore (08 season) DT Dexter Larimore who had a nice sack in the Michigan game. It looks like OSU has some good backup white LBs who can make an impact next year.

On the other hand, LSU might not be as fun to watch with Hester and Stelz leaving. Richard Dickson will be a junior. Will be interesting to see whether LSU stays one of the whiter SEC teams (not saying much), or if they will shift to coal black like much of the rest of the conference.

Stonewall

Guru
I definitely would say that there are many whites who internally root for white players, but outwardly don't express it. We all are acquainted with these types, who for a number of reasons don't speak about their true feelings.

However, I believe this has been a watershed year. More and more people who I see on a casual basis are saying things like "That's cool how many white guys New England has" and of course, girls are big fans of Tom Brady.

Michael Vick's demise was another major contribution to people waking up. All of the blacks who have continually supported him have combined to make blacks look even more ridiculous, and thus alienate more whites.

We have a ways to go, but more whites are opening their eyes. Also, the powerful messages that they hear from those of us here at Caste Football reasonate.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Stonewall said:
Ohio State started only one white on defense.  My view is Tressel will definitely look to go back to what made him successful in 2002.  He's too smart not too. 

Look at the men that White CB listed above, these players are now on NFL rosters.  For a college team to send that many players to the NFL is quite a feat.

The state of Ohio has many talented white high school football players just waiting to attend Ohio State.  Tressel needs to bring them in.

I completely agree.

Also, Les Miles' LSU team was less Caste THIS YEAR compared to Ohio State.

As you stated, Tressel needs to START more Whites on defense (not just have White back-ups).

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
When Mike Vrabel played at OSU the Buckeyes started seven whites on defense. There's loads of talented white players in Ohio and Pennsylvania, they need only be recruited and played to shine.

cslewis1

Guru
jaxvid said:
I think the call is going to be for OSU to get "faster" and more athletic to compete with the afaletes from the SEC that have whomped them twice in a row. That will mean less Hawk's, Carpenters, Fox'es and Hartline's.

No doubt about it. Cracks me up though, this idea that Ohio State was slow, i.e., white. They have ONE white guy on defense. So, if getting "faster" is getting blacker, shoot, they're already there. Yet noone says that. They act as if OSU started 11 whites.

I swear, I live in an upside down world. OSU followed the model of getting faster and have been whipped two years in a row, with a bear minimum of white players on defense. What more can they do? Get teh Oklahoma O-line too? Yet, they proved how fast they were vs. WVU and got stomped!

OSU had strong white presence vs. Miami in the championship game and WON! Yet, I guarantee, the days of Wilhelm, Hawk et al, will be no longer. It's absolutely insane.

whiteCB

Master
Don Wassall said:
When Mike Vrabel played at OSU the Buckeyes started seven whites on defense. There's loads of talented white players in Ohio and Pennsylvania, they need only be recruited and played to shine.

Your right Don, John Cooper although he could not beat Michigan or win a bowl game to save his life at least had some pretty white defenses. Greg Ballisari, Luke Fickle, Andy Katzenmoyer, Vrabel, and so many others! However, Cooper never had any white WRs and the TEs were weak when he coached. Tressel had Gonzo last year at WR and now Hartline starting with freshman Dane Sazenbacher backing up. He also is bringing in Jake Stonebrunner who should be a good one as well. Ohio St will have at least 3 white on defense nest season in Laurinitis(even if he leaves his backup is white), OLB Ross Homan, and DT Dexter Larimore and/or DT Todd Denlinger.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
LSU.jpg

Out of 118, by my count LSU had 57 white players on the BCS Title team, pictured here. It looks like there are61 blacks on the team. Since 8 of this year's starters were white and 14 were black, that looks like about 23% of the blacks on the team were starters, whereas just 14% of white players on the team were starters. We're talking about the whitest starting team in the SEC (along with Vanderbilt) in 2007 here. The only way it makes (any) sense to have a majority black starting 22 is to have a majority black roster. For a long time in the SEC, that 50/50 roster was a barrier, but no longer. Just another example of bias, the differences are still visible even on a team thatis less biased than most.