2008 BCS National Championship Game

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Electric, have a great time! I recently bought a 24 inch Hi Def LCD TV, so I'll be sitting pretty tonight as well.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Electric Slide said:
Off to a friends house to watch the game with a bunch of people on 52 inches of crystal clear hi def DLP television (it's the mirrors, haha). Here's to a great game. I will be cheering loud for all the white athletes. Go Hester, Hartline, Stelz, Laurinaitis, Sanzenbacher, Boeckman, Flynn, Nicol, Ballard, Osu O-line, etc!

oooh, the mirrors, you bastard!

well i will watch it on my PC screen
smiley19.gif

Stonewall

Guru
"Stonewall, I agree that Belichick should be given credit for what he has done in regards to white players this year. Giving credit to him for that, however, is a far cry from calling him "one of us."

Colonel Reb:

You're right. I like Belichick a lot, but it takes a lot to be considered as "one of us".

If he really was "one of us",Heath Evans would be the featuredback.

I can't wait to see the Patriots rip into Jacksonville this Saturday.

Stonewall

Guru
Tonight will be a real treat. I've never seen a national title game with so many whites playinghigh profileroles. We've got the #3 tailback in the draft, a speedy sophomore wideout, a Thorpe finalist at safety, the best linebacker in the nation, and two tough, highly skilled quarterbacks who know how to win.

I was a little kid when Penn State beat Miami for the national championship in 1987, and that was just awesome. But, Penn State didn't have a Jacob Hester or Craig Steltz to pull for. They did have some studs at linebacker, though.

How awesome would it be to put LSU and Ohio State together, bringing the best from each team and forming one team?

Stonewall

Guru
The Superdome is rocking. It reminds me of the Alabama-Penn State Sugar Bowl back on New Year's Day 1979. I saw that game on ESPN Classic about 5 years, it was awesome.

Major Ogilvie was all over the field that night. Let's see Jacob replicate that performance.

Steltz can end the game with a game saving interception.

backrow

Hall of Famer
"hardnosed runner with a very deceptive speed" i guess this is as good of a compliment as Jacob's going to get from the announcers... and he just proved how ·deceptive· his speed is with 21 yard run

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, not just "deceptive speed" but "very deceptive speed."
smiley36.gif
The same play by play announcer has already called a black OSU WR and Ted Ginn Jr. "electrifying."

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Nice TD catch by Richard Dickson, one of my favorite TEs!
smiley32.gif

What the crap is wrong with these announcers. They have called Craig Steltz "Eric Steltz" numerous times now.

Another great catch and run by Dickson! Way to go!
smiley32.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Nice TD catch by Richard Dickson, one of my favorite TEs!
smiley32.gif

What the crap is wrong with these announcers. They have called Craig Steltz "Eric Steltz" numerous times now.

Another great catch and run by Dickson! Way to go!
smiley32.gif

Dickson is looking real good, but what's with two consecutive runs by Hester from the FB position? i agree with the commentator, he should be at halfback in the I.

EDIT: Miles took the advice, and Hester scored!
smiley32.gif
Edited by: backrow

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
TD Jacob Hester! Stupid play calling on the previous 2 runs, but nice effort by Jacob on the 3rd down play!
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
One thing about this game, Ohio State is showing good team speed. Just as much as LSU. So much for the "superior SEC speed" argument there. I wish OSU had more whites on defense. Hopefully Steltz will get back in there soon. I would love to see him get an INT tonight. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hester has 13 runs for 56 yards and a TD at the half. I think LSU will use him, and their other runners, to wear down the OSU defense in the 3rd quarter.

Stonewall

Guru
I agree, but it looks like Steltz is outof the game.

Great collegecareer Craig, you represented us extremely well.We'll see you in the NFL. A true warrior.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
hester has played valiantly tonight showing power and bursts of speed.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Todd Boeckman is faster in the 40 than Troy Smith, what an admission by Charles Davis the black announcer. For those of you who don't know and actually care, Davis used to be a sideline man for Jefferson Pilot's (now Lincoln Financial) SEC broadcasts. He disappeared for a few years until this year, when I have seen him some.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hey nat, aren't you a bit late for an uprising or something!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Don't worry backrow, the alarm has been sounded and this rebellion will soon be over. nat doesn't realize that OSU is a half white team and apparently ignores the fact that the QB throwing the ball is white. Wells is being stuffed now, and they are having to rely on Boeckman's arm.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hmm, explain how LSU won the SEC title and made it to this game then nat, they are the whitest SEC team, and they start a white RB. You are an ignorant buck, thats for sure.

Stonewall

Guru
Hester is such a good tailback. He's so good at falling forward, even with no running room, Jacob just gained 6 yards on 2 carries with nothing there. He needs 16 more for the century mark.

backrow

Hall of Famer
4 TDs scored by white guys, Laurinaitis with game high 19 tackles, not too chubby! too bad about Hester being 14 yards short of a hundred

texasheat

What a fun game to watch. Geaux Tigers! Watching Hester, Hartline, Laurinaitis, Dickson, etc flying around the field was a real treat. Y'know, in general, this college football season seemed to be a real caste-buster in terms of breakout performances by whites. (Tebow becoming the 1st sophomore to win a Heisman, a starting white RB for the national champions, breakout performances by other whites at RB, safety, etc).

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but college football this year reminded me of college basketball a few years ago when you had J.J. Redick & Adam Morrison tearing up the college basketball scene. Basically it was similiar this year, except it being the ol' pigskin instead of basketball.

Anyway, back to the original point of the thread. Great game! Great job Tigers!! We'll see some of you guys in the NFL!
smiley32.gif