2008 BCS National Championship Game

I was thinking this was the right time to start this topic, as the regular season is now officially over, and every team's fate is set (I know the Hawaii vs. Washington game is still on, but that shouldn't affect who gets in this game). I wrote 2008 game, even though its confusing because its the 2007 season, and schools will always say they're the champions of the season in which they one the championship, not the calendar year they actually clinched it. The official logo of the game says 2008, so that's why I put that.

That being said, the ESPN BCS expert says that the most likely matchup is Ohio State vs. LSU. Any thoughts about this match up, white stars that could shine, etc?

Personally I'm hoping for big games by Laurinaitis and Hartline for OSU, and obviously Stelz and Hester for LSU (who else is there to cheer for on that team?). I'm thinking this could be a close game, as both of these teams are good. Should be a doozy of a game!

Personally, I think it would be a shame if LSU got the nod over Oklahoma. LSU had the #1 spot twice and lost it, Oklahoma went out and beat the #1 team in the nation soundly on the last weekend of the season. On top of all that, I personally think the team that is the most talented, and is finally playing like it, is USC and that they would probably beat anyone else in the country if they were to play right now.

All that being said, I think an Ohio State v. Oklahoma national championship game and a USC v. LSU Rose Bowl would give me the most satisfying matchups. The winner of the Rose would have a chance to win the AP national championship if Oklahoma was to win unimpressively. Plus, LSU and USC need to meet on the field with all of the sh*t talking Miles has done against them.

My biggest fear is that Va Tech gets the sympathy vote and somehow squeaks into the game. If you look at their body of work, they clearly don't deserve to be #6 going into this weekend, I personally have them rated much further back. Georgia is intriguing, but I don't like the idea of a team not winning their conference getting a shot at the National Championship.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
LSU deserves it more in my opinion, as their two losses were both in triple OT. As for who else we could cheer for on the LSU team, how about TEs Richard Dickson and Keith Zinger and LB Luke Sanders, not to mention QB Matt Flynn. I think LSU/OSU will be a great game.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Whoever gets the nod it will be interesting and controversial. It may be enough to cause the creation of a playoff system. OSU almost certainly gets in, funny how having their season end early doomed them at the time from having a chance to move up but now after a few weeks they look better then anybody. LSU with two loses shouldn't get the nod but I think they will. Look out for Virginia Tech deserving or not, if they do get it look for it to be colored as a tribute to the shootings at the school.

johnnyboy

Guru
i dont care who SC plays i just want them to get their butts kicked. recently SC has done a great job of impersonating an SEC coal black school and i would love for a "lighter" school like Ohio St to whoop them. i know SC has a good team and lots of booster money but they are by no means invincible. if UCLA had a decent running back and an o-line that didnt piss themselves at the sight of SCs's "grinch that stole darkness" defense, they would of beat SC. i hope whatever team plays them comes out and punches them in the mouth early. that team doesnt have thestones to battle with teams that arent intimidated. its your basic caste team in my opinion.

yeah i know i rag on SC a lot but every year (im from so. california) i get to watch outstanding white athletes from orange county get passed up in favor of out of state black imports. yeah they get the occasional Galippobut they also sometimes screw those guys over, look at Matt Grotegooed (sp). you would think they would have SOME balance between whites and blacks considering how many great predominately white highschool teams california has, but they dont. its funny but nxt time you watch SC look at the sidelines and you'll see a ton of white kids but when you look at the field, its mostly black. funny how that happens.

god i wish Mater Dei was a private D1 college. i would love to see a mostly white team dominate the Pac 10. who knows? sometimes dreams come true
smiley1.gif

Riddlewire

Master
I agree with Les Miles's assessment. While the other teams are 10-2 or 11-1, LSU is actually 10-0-2. Nobody has been able to beat them at the end of a regulation game. They didn't go down easily in overtime, either. And Kentucky and Arkansas are both good teams (unlike Stanford and Colorado). The title game should be OSU and LSU.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
The only fair title game would be Kansas-Ohio St. These are the only two teams with 1 loss. They are also the two whitest teams in contention (Both start a half-white team and play lots of white subs).

But it will be LSU-OSU.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i'm ok with LSU, they are a major program starting a white runningback, meanwhile Kansas gave Jake Sharp 1 carry in their last game.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Well, OSU will start 11 whites and LSU will start 8. That would be better than the WVU-Mizzou matchup where both started 8 whites.

White Power

Mentor
It is Ohio State vs LSU everyone got their wish, and whites will be represented to a large degree in important caste positions for the whole world to see. What a way to display the white talent at the college level in a game for the national championship. I have to pull for LSU Jacob hester has made college football fun for me to watch again.

Stonewall

Guru
Having Jacob Hester start at tailback in the National Championship game is huge. A white, 1,000 yard rusher starting a game of this magnitide is something we haven't seen for a long time.

As others have stated on this forum, it has been a privilege to watch Jacob Hester lead his team in the classy, professional manner he has. He'll be in the spotlight for the next 36 days. This is a real big deal, as the Caste System further weakens.

White Power

Mentor
I think Hester could be a 1st round pick based on the fact that he put up better numbers than Brian Leonard, and he clearly to me any way was the main reason why his team is playing for the national title. That in itself should be enough for him too be a #1 pick to bad the Patriots lost their 1st pick of the draft Hester would of fit in nicely. Does anyone else agree.

referendum

Mentor
Actually White Power I'd like to see Hester go somewhere else, not to a team that already has two white runningbacks, maybe to a team that could really use him and where he wouldn't be displacing a white runningback, maybe even a team where he would be a sort of re-integration project a la Kevin Curtis in Philly.

Stonewall

Guru
Yes, Hester definitely has a lot to offer an NFL team. It's really too early to tell exactly where he'll be drafted, but I would say mid 2nd to mid 3rd round right now.

With the Cast System the way it is, it will be very tough for Jacob to be a 1st round pick. Another SEC powerhouse running back, Major Ogilvie helped lead Alabama to 2 national championships back during the 1977 and 1978 seasons. I watched a number of the games he played in on ESPN Classic (including Alabama's 14-7 Sugar Bowl win over Penn State). He was a very good player, who even back then was a victim of the Caste System. I believe hae was drafted in the 8th or 9th round of the 1980 draft.

Back to the main point, Jacob's 40 time I believe is 4.59, which scouts will criticize for a tailback.

Nonetheless, he blocks well, can catch the ball out of the backfield, and just all in all, has a nose for the end zone. Simply put, he's a winner.

Jacob is a Chris Cooley type player. Cooley should be playing running back for the Redskins. He's the Redskins biggest impact player. Hester is in the same mold.

He has a very good future ahead of him.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Major Ogilvie was drafted 313th overall (12th round) in the 1981 draft by San Francisco, their second to last pick. I couldn't find any stats on him through 1983. On a side note, the 49ers had a white RB on their 81 team by the name of Paul Hofer. He was the last high profile white back from Ole Miss, being a freshman when the team was integrated. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

White Power

Mentor
Stonewall it has been stated even by the CBS announcers that Hester is a sub 4.5 maybe even faster. I did my homework on this one Hester is the real deal, and the perfect fit for so many NFL teams as a running back. Intersting note Hester is related to Terry Bradshaw. I wonder if this hurts or helps his cause to play running back. I think it helps because Bradshaw played with Half white Franco Harris,and Rocky Blier in the same back feild. Hester is not big enough to be an H-back. He is best suited to run the ball between the tackles and bust the defense right in the mouth.

Stonewall

Guru
White Power, we're in agreement that Hester should be a running back, definitely. My reference to Cooley was to say that he should also be a running back, the Caste System has turned him into a tight end/H Back. Hand the ball off to him and Cooley will run the ball for 4-5 yards per carry.

Also, there is a photo of Hester on the front page of the USA Today this morning.

You're right White Power, he's the Real Deal.

I saw Hester goes in the 3rd round as a fullback unfortunately unless he says otherwise as Leonard did, but with what happened to Leonard thsi season, it will sevrely hurt his chance. Any production he ahd will be argued against wit the excuse, well look at that huge great offensive lien he had with the numbers 2 team in the country.

whiteCB

Master
whiteafflete15 said:
For the record LSU wins this game by 10-14 points.

I'm sorry to inform you my friend that it will be be white majority Ohio St whopping up on LSU. This is stictly a business trip for the OSU players as they look to revenge last year's embarassing blowout. I saw the LSU players and they're just happy to be in the championship game. Meanwhile OSU's players know the battle has just begun.
Also did anyone watch Fox's BCS selection show and hear ebonics at work? I mean they showed the LSU players jumping up and down after they found out they were playing OSU and they were chanting, "Going to the ship!" over and over again. I mean I guess its just too hard for these bonehead SEC teams to say the entire word, championship. I guess "ship" is more thugged out so to say. Gotta love those ghetto a$$ SEC schools!
smiley36.gif

Gi-15

Mentor
Yeah I saw it. It was funny to see Jacob's reaction. He was looking happy, but still humble, and looked kinda embarrassed by the reaction of his teammates. The first row was calm, and mostly made out of the likes of Hester, Flynn and other whites players.

Stonewall

Guru
WhiteCB, it says a lot for the breaking down of the Caste System that Ohio State is not easily the team to clearly root for here. Believe me, I was fervently pulling for the Buckeyes back in 2001 in the National Championship game against Miami. I'm not saying that I'm not now. But, if the Superdome is thundering and Jacob Hester gets a good number of carries, goes over 100 yards, and has a chance for the MVP, I have to admit, I'll be pulling for LSU.

I can see it now, Jacob Hester on the cover of Sports Illustrated with a big smile and a national championship trophy in hand. Could the country handle that?
smiley36.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
Stonewall said:
WhiteCB, it says a lot for the breaking down of the Caste System that Ohio State is not easily the team to clearly root for here. Believe me, I was fervently pulling for the Buckeyes back in 2001 in the National Championship game against Miami. I'm not saying that I'm not now. But, if the Superdome is thundering and Jacob Hester gets a good number of carries, goes over 100 yards, and has a chance for the MVP, I have to admit, I'll be pulling for LSU.

I can see it now, Jacob Hester on the cover of Sports Illustrated with a big smile and a national championship trophy in hand. Could the country handle that?
smiley36.gif
With a cover headline of Caste Buster...
smiley2.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Excuse me whiteCB, its ghetto axe SEC schools!
smiley36.gif
It made me sick to see those blacks jumping up and down, but at least pretty much all the whites kept their composure. It wasn't the least bit surprising though to see that. Just think, LSU (at least starters wise) is tied with Vandy for being the whitest SEC team with 8. Ugh!

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.
2.gif