2007 NFL Week 5

G

I try not to think about black morons too much, there are simply too many of them in professional sports to get upset every time they say something insulting.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It was a legal hit, there are hits like that every week. If it was not a legal hit im sure Goodell will fine Green. We will see.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
White player on the Defense for Buffalo tonight need to have a great game on this national game!That would be cool to see Dustin Fox but I think he is gonna be inactive?Edited by: lumsdenpower

G

Did anyone else catch the asinine comment (Johnston, I think) to the effect that Hilliard (who ran a lousy route and was nowhere near the ball) had an ideal matchup against (and I quote) "a white linebacker? [ie Giordano]" Lousy jerk.[/QUOTE]

I heard about that. It's blatant racism and that announcer should be immediately fired! It's like saying the defensive end should have a good game because he is lined up against a black offensive tackle!! If the roles were reversed it would be national news.

Bart

Hall of Famer
mr.wonderfull said:
Players that need to play better according to Madden..

Brian Urlacher, AJ Hawk, Griese, Greg(?) Olsen. All white. Ive yet to hear anything negative said about a black player tonight. Even when one of the packers corners got a illegal contact penalty it was ok because he is such a good corner...
smiley11.gif

Typical Madden performance of magnifying alleged mistakes by whites and miinimizing or ignoring miscues by the brothers. At one point in his defense of a black player he said, "It sounds like I'm making excuses for him." Yes John, it sounded like it, because you were making excuses! Edited by: Bart

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Good ole Vince Young. Hes the only one that can throw 3 picks in a game, win by some odd miracle, and get praise afterwards for a horrendous performance. Yep he sure is the new breed of quarterback.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Week 1: 11 of 18 for 78 and an INT
Week 2: 17 of 27 for 184 and a TD
Week 3: 14 of 22 for 164, 2 TDs and an INT
Week 4: 20 of 33 for 157 and 3 INTs

Total: 62 of 100 for 583, 3 TDs and 5 INTs

Other than the completion percentage, that is pretty sucky.

backrow

Hall of Famer
nice run by Bills punter, Brian Moorman! he showed some speed and moves!

backrow

Hall of Famer
lumsdenpower said:
where is leonhard...
smiley19.gif

injured, inactive. if you actually read my stats you'd know that!
smiley17.gif

i wonder if Wendling will get any PT on defense tonight.

backrow

Hall of Famer
and what a play by Chris Kelsay! he batted a ball up and caught it for a TD!!
smiley32.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
John DiGiorgio just had a nice end zone interception return for 38 yards!

he also leads Bills in tackles. guess who's starting him in FF
smiley17.gif

Tony Romo just threw his 5th interception, he also lost a fumble. all the manlove in this encounter immediately went over to Trent Edwards
smiley2.gif

Kaptain

Master
The Bills offense did not score a TD in this game. The defense is coming around as I knew they would this year. Unfortunetly I picked this week not to start them in the CF Riggins league, but I'm still undefeated.

Now we just need Jim Leonard to return. He was racking up some impressive stats before he got hurt for this game.

backrow

Hall of Famer
that was a hell of a game. nice play by several white players, it's a shame that Wendling didn't get to play on defense and that Leonhard, Wire and Posluszny are injured. Carpenter didn't play on defense either.

still, Witten, DiGiorgio, Bills d-line made it more than worth a while to watch.

it all came down to last second, with Cowboys recovering an onside kick, and then kicking a long field goal. how the hell do you win after throwing 5 interceptions and losing a fumble is beyond me
smiley36.gif

capt.67e7504612e142a2a3bed5f4e1030a45.cowboys_bills_football_nydd109.jpg

Chris Kelsey after his TD

PS stats updated and complete. enjoy.Edited by: backrow

lumsdenpower

Mentor
The game of the year so far, wow not the beautiful football, but everything happen, and that was cool to watch!

Kaptain

Master
Cassiodorus said:
backrow said:
Matt Giordano just chased down a certified speedster Joey Galloway after he had a corner and a safety beat. Matt came all the way back from behind of LoS, he was blitzing on this play.

smiley32.gif

Did anyone else catch the asinine comment (Johnston, I think) to the effect that Hilliard (who ran a lousy route and was nowhere near the ball) had an ideal matchup against (and I quote) "a white linebacker? [ie Giordano]" Lousy jerk.

HOLY CRAP! I thought I was hearing things as I was casually listening to the game and working. I dismissed it as something that I "thought" I heard. I guess I did hear it just as you did. Do you know which game announcer said that? He should be fired! This should be huge news.

BTW, it was Holt who couldn't locate a perfectly thrown ball.

The announcer said something to the effect of: "That's exactly the mis-match the Rams want. Tory Holt with a white linebacker trying to cover him."

Correction by me: it was Joey Galloway and Matt Giodano that the comment was made about. I had to think about it for awhile. Edited by: Kaptain Poop

Kaptain

Master
One thing struggling offenses have in common you'll notice in particular this year:

a) a black qb
or
b) two or more sumo sized black offensive lineman. The Bills, Saints, and Rams come to mind. Compare that to the white O-lines of the Packers, Patriots, and Colts. Not hard to figure out.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kaptain Poop said:
One thing struggling offenses have in common you'll notice in particular this year:

a) a black qb
or
b) two or more sumo sized black offensive lineman. The Bills, Saints, and Rams come to mind. Compare that to the white O-lines of the Packers, Patriots, and Colts. Not hard to figure out.

Yep. Jason Campbell actually had a pretty good game, throwing for over 200 yards (equivalent to about 350 for a white QB), but let's see if it's a trend or an aberration.

It's too bad Bills coach Dick Jauron understands the concept that whites can play defense at a high level, but still insists on having a terrible, sumo-dominated o-line. Even Lee Evans, a very good receiver in an otherwise dreadful receiving corps, is doing nothing this season because the Bills QBs rarely have time to throw.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Witten had an awesome game, and cost me both fantasy games this week, but thats a small price to pay. 407 yards in 5 games, that puts him on track for around 1,300 yards!
smiley32.gif
I think 1,000 is given barring injury. So long 1986 and Mark Bavaro, its 2007 and we will have another 1,000 yard white TE this year!