2007 NFL Week 5

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
G

Thanks Colonel Reb for Brian Leonard's highlights. I am new to this site and enjoyed it very much. I work nights and sleep during the day. I don't have the opportunity to watch the games during the day. I dug Brian's acceleration on that 38 yard run. Based on what I observed he definitely has the goods to be a starter. He certainly has the speed and hands to be a dual threat. I just hope he gets some help on that O-line and an effective quarterback so he can exploit his touches.

Look forward to his next game highlights on this site.

G

Thanks colonel. Made up for the Pack handing a win to bears watching Brian show some skills as an rb.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Your welcome gentlemen! I can't promise anyone anything for later in the season, but if you find out about a clip that is downloadable, such as this one was, let me know and I'll add it as well.

Tom Iron

Mentor
I'm very happy about the White guys doing so well. However, It's too bad the league has deteriorated to the point it has already. The tackling is abysmal. The little sisters of the poor are more viscous tacklers that the normal tackler in the nfl. All arm tackling and trying to drag the guy down rather than putting the shoulder in and driving through the ballcarrier.

Tom Iron...

PitBull

Guru
Tom Iron,

Did anybody ever figure that some defensive players don't want to get
injured, so they arm tackle and try to drag the guy down by grabbing his
jersey, instead of hitting them head on? Staying healthy means more years
in the league and millions of dollars. I'm kind of surprised this angle hasn't
come up before.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Given the epidemic of injuries in the NFL, it appears that the more the players try to avoid injuries the more they incur them. But then again, I think many of the players who sit out games today would havehad toplay with those same injuries back in the "bad old days," or else be replaced. Now the players are multi-millionaireindependent contractors/entertainers whose financialinterests are far more importantthan other considerations. Their main interest isn't winning but collecting an NFL paycheck as long as possible. Just watch how many of the players on the losing team yuck it up with players on the winning team after a game is over to see how little a loss affects many of them.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Their main interest isn't winning but collecting an NFL paycheck as long as possible.  Just watch how many of the players on the losing team yuck it up with players on the winning team after a game is over to see how little a loss affects many of them.  <!-- Message ''"" -->

Right on Don! Reminds me of politicians.