WR Austin Collie

backrow

Hall of Famer
from rotoworld, some good news for a change:

Rookie Austin Collie looks to be the front-runner for the Colts No. 3 receiver spot right now and has earned some praise from coach Jim Caldwell.

"He has a real fine understanding of where he's supposed to be, that's the really important thing. He's going to be quite an effective player," said Caldwell. Pierre Garcon has had a couple drops in preseason which haven't helped his chances.

SOURCE: Indianapolis Star

green fire317

Banned
Finally! We have a white player who is in a perfect situation to shine! He has a white future HOF quarterback throwing him the ball and other white players who can spread the field (Gonzalez, Clark).

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The Colts are a team to watch this season at least on offense. Manning, Gonzalez, Clark, Jacob Tamme, Austin Collie and 4 offensive linemen. Collie would be a second receiver on most teams in the league. The downside is that the defense looks coal black as far as starters. The defense does contain Jamie Silva, Matt Giordano, and Jordan Senn as backups.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The defense is a downer, whiteathlete33, but maybe things will improve there as well. I picked up Austin for my fantasy team this year and I think he will have a great rookie season! I also hope Jacob Tamme has a big year.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Tamme has shown he can catch the ball and runs good routes. It all depends on how much he is involved in the offense since they already have Dallas Clark. Giordano should be a starter for one. Typical of the caste system though when you have a fairly white offense and non whites on defense.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Tamme looked pretty darn fast too the other night.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
A 4.58 is faster than a fair number of WRs in the NFL as well.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the article was certainly complimentary of Collie. but even in a positive piece, the author couldn't resist filling it with numerous caste-speak buzzwords.

while they aren't negative statements, you'll note that the "praise" had nothing to do with athleticism. they all related to being tough, smart, and performing well under pressure.

from the caste dictionary, Collie was described as:
gritty,
a gym rat,
having a "tireless work ethic."

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
the article was certainly complimentary of Collie. but even in a positive piece, the author couldn't resist filling it with numerous caste-speak buzzwords.
<div> </div>
<div>while they aren't negative statements, you'll note that the "praise" had nothing to do with athleticism. they all related to being tough, smart, and performing well under pressure. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>from the caste dictionary, Collie was described as: </div>
<div>gritty,</div>
<div>a gym rat,</div>
<div>having a "tireless work ethic."</div>

More of the same Jimmy.I mentioned this before but the only white receiver in the entire NFL who is considered fast is Kevin Curtis. It is so sad but true.

SoberWF

I don't understand how somehow can come up with this deduction that the Colts receiving corps will be inherently slow if they have Gonzalez and Collie on the field... oh wait, the source is ESPN. Just ridiculous. Per nfldraftscout.com, Collie's 40 time is 4.56 (with a low time of 4.49). That is good speed.

"if Austin Collie is starting in the slot and Gonzalez on the outside along with Wayne, I can't help but think we have one of the slowest WR corps in the league. "

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/2671/mailbag-on-colts-speed-at-receiver

I can't wait for Manning to exploit defenses across the league this season with his "slow receiving corps."

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
That must mean then that the Dolphins, Texans, and Patriots will also have inherently slow WR corps this year as well.

That is ridiculous. In no way are they going to be even close to the slowest in the league.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
All white receivers are referred to as slow. Collie have above average speed but racist ESPN will never admit this. Gonzalez is faster than maybe 70 percent of the receivers in the NFL. So how exactly is that slow?

backrow

Hall of Famer
from rotoworld:

Coach Jim Caldwell confirmed Wednesday that rookie Austin Collie beat out Pierre Garcon for the Colts' third receiver position.

The Colts previously said it'd be a timeshare, but Collie is the better option as a slot receiver with remarkable hands and underrated athleticism. His promotion will allow flanker Anthony Gonzalez to go deep more often, rather than kicking in to the slot. Dallas Clark will dominate underneath targets.
Source: The Indy Footbal Report
Related: Dallas Clark, Anthony Gonzalez, Pierre Garcon

chris371

Mentor
This will make a lot of the black commentators very angry. Btw how do the DWFs see Gonzo? Do they see him as a hispanic because of his name?

backrow

Hall of Famer
do hispanics get cut any sort of slack in the NFL? i didn't think so.
i don't know how can anyone consider him anything but white.

whiteCB

Master
whiteathlete33 said:
Gonzo is white.

That's right guys he's 50% Spanish (a country in Europe for the geographically challenged) & 50% German.Edited by: whiteCB

guest301

Hall of Famer
Not to mention Gonzo's blue eyes.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
guest301 said:
Not to mention Gonzo's blue eyes.

Or his freckles and light skin.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
White hispanics like Gonzo will continue to be on the rise with the influx of Hispanics in the U.S. You can look at this two ways: The off spring of mexican\white is wrong and they are not 100% white or you can look at the bright side and if they are raised white and look white you can consider them white. I know several people who are half white/ half hispanic and most of them align themselves more with white culture or whats left of it. Another example is Colorado University WR Jason Espinoza http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&amp;ATCLID=1151108