Wild Card Weekend

Quiet Speed

Mentor
On the AFC side of things, it’s pretty clear cut. The Colts and Texans are the common-sense choices to advance. On the NFC side, the Green Bay – Minnesota game will be interesting. I don’t know if I’ll watch the other. The hyperbole alone, may keep me from tuning in. I started the season out by watching the very first drive by the Redskins. What’s his face completed his first six passes at or behind the line of scrimmage. In all my years of watching the NFL I had never seen anything like it. I switched the channel and have not watch one minute of Washington football since.

Packers vs. Vikings

Okay, I'll admit it. This one gives me problems from a caste system perspective. Green Bay boasts such Caucasian stalwarts as Clay Matthews, Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson, and A.J. Hawk. While the black-coached Vikings picked two white players in the first round of the 2012 draft (neither a QB!!!), have Jared Allen and Chad Greenway on defense (in addition to my favorite rookie, Harrison Smith), and underrated TE Kyle Rudolph. Yeah, it sucks for Toby Gerhart, but he is behind the best running back in the NFL. All that said, I might just sit back and enjoy this one, hating that somebody has to lose.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
To me the GB vs Minn game comes down to a simple equation. If GB targets Jordy then I hope they win. If GB ignores Jordy then I hope they lose.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I recall watching the Vikes-Packers game a few weeks ago and it seemed Minnesota was a tad whiter with Nelson out of the lineup.

Much like the Blackskins-Blackhawks game it is a wash - only from different directions.

Woody

Guru
I don't know why everyone here is rooting for the Seahawks over the Redskins, or at best considers it a wash. Both teams are identical on offense; black QB, 3 white OL, white TE.

The Redskins, however, have a dynamic, playmaking OLB in Ryan Kerrigan, they also have Reed Doughty at safety.

The Seahawks have nary a paleface on defense.

I know neither team is the Pats or Broncos, but even if I wasn't a Redskins fan I would cheer for the Skins.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I guess I will cheer for the Skins. I hope RGIII gets hurt and Cousins comes in. The Skins start 7 when he is the QB.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I don't know why everyone here is rooting for the Seahawks over the Redskins, or at best considers it a wash. Both teams are identical on offense; black QB, 3 white OL, white TE.

The Redskins, however, have a dynamic, playmaking OLB in Ryan Kerrigan, they also have Reed Doughty at safety.

The Seahawks have nary a paleface on defense.

I know neither team is the Pats or Broncos, but even if I wasn't a Redskins fan I would cheer for the Skins.
Also, Man-child Wigger Pete the Plantation Master is far more odious than Mike Shanahan. I'll hold my nose and "cheer" for the Skins with the hope that both of these turds are flushed by the next round.

Truthteller

Mentor
Also, Man-child Wigger Pete the Plantation Master is far more odious than Mike Shanahan. I'll hold my nose and "cheer" for the Skins with the hope that both of these turds are flushed by the next round.

I agree. Tough one will be should I root for Minnesota?

They might be the most white friendly team in the NFC: 9 white starters, and another dozen (or so) white reserves...So is it a "no-brainer" to root for the Vikings?

A) Perhaps, but if the Vikings win, they go to Atlanta next and Sea/Wash winner goes to San Fran....assuring Wash, Sea or SF will make it to the conference finals and possibly host the NFC title game...Minnesota, being the 6th seed, can only play on the road during the playoffs.

B) If Green Bay beats Minnesota, we get GB @ SF and Was/Sea winner at Atlanta...I don't love the Falcons, but they have a better chance of ousting the Seahawks, Skins or 49ers.

So, as much as I prefer the Vikings, we might be better off with a Packers win?

As far as the AFC, I'd rank them this way (in terms of who I want to win it all)

1a) Broncos

1b) Patriots

3) Texans

4) Colts (well behind the top 3, in my mind)

Baltimore and Cincy I could care less about...hopefully both get ousted this weekend, which is very possible?

In sum, Vikings/Packers vs. Broncos/Patriots or Texans SB will be best for me.

Gibbon

Guru

I am rooting for the Turd. Reasoning: Seattle is the BETTER black team. Believe in my Patriots (and certainly that they are ultimately a better team than the Seahawks) but I don't mind that the herd is thinned a bit during their by-week for their sake and the sake of all the whiter teams. There is, after all, an element of randomness/luck.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Ye olde Dixieland outlaw will be pullin' for the Texans, Pack, Colts & Seahawks. I don't give a rip about Seattle, but I don't wanna see the Gremlin hype machine stay on track. I'd like to see the Pack or Vikes versus the Pats or Texans in the Superbowl...with Houston or NE taking the title. I'd not mind seeing the Broncos win the SB either. I grew up a hardcore Falcons fan (quasi DWF), but CF helped set me straight on that. :wink:

Gibbon

Guru
Ye olde Dixieland outlaw will be pullin' for the Texans, Pack, Colts & Seahawks. I don't give a rip about Seattle, but I don't wanna see the Gremlin hype machine stay on track.

Can't say I don't see your point. Unfortunately, I think he's already got the Rookie of The Year. A helluva lot it'll do 'em in the long run.

Which leads me to an interesting thought. It's funny how all the commentators are completely out of their mind with excitement for this rookie class and the idea that it portends elite quarterback play for years to come (of course, the real source of excitement is the ecstasy pa$$ed on by their cultural marxist paymasters who are overcome with joy that the dawn of the messianic race of black quarterback has finally, really arrived. People tend to "agree" with their bosses.)

I think it's easy for us here at CF to forget that the NFL is big business and all of these commentators, whether they work for a sports network like Espn or for the NFL directly, depend on this business growing. Whether the quality of the product declines or improves will never change how they describe it. They are obligated to assure us that it is an ever improving product. Their career, their second home, the boat, the kid's tuition at an overpriced private school, their expensive vices and their subsequent debts; all of these things depend on these jackasses towing the line and never looking at the product critically. Hence, the quarterbacks, the cornerbacks (even though they are no longer allowed to defend), the running backs (even though the offense is much less reliant on them) are always getting better.

Commentators will criticize teams and players but never the league as a product. We have all witnessed how this was not the case in professional boxing. For some reason the money men in this sport (at least the American ones) lost their love for the sport and refused to endorse their own product. And we all know the reason why.

The rules relaxing defenses come at an interesting time. Just as the league and the media are slamming as many black quarterbacks down our throats as possible. Now they certainly will be able to compare the offensive stats of these blacker quarterbacks favorably to the whiter quarterbacks of the past. For the very uncritical, average DWF, that's all the evidence he'll need. Some coincidences make you wonder. Even if it is generally better to stick with what you know. After all, Occam's razor would suggest that by softening the game, the league and owners are simply trying to protect their multi-million dollar investments (i.e. players), thereby eliminating some of the waste (injuries) and chaos from their industry. And besides, these blacks still have to compete and be judged against their superior contemporaries. At least for the time being. Nevertheless, these "fortuitous" changes will be used as part of the spin seeking to praise these black quarterbacks above their actual ability.

Last edited:

Kaptain

Master
From our perspective, the best case scenario is Adrian Peterson getting hurt and the Vikings riding Toby Gerhart all the way to the superbowl single-handidly barely beating the Patriots - starring mainly Danny Woodhead. I can dream.

Truthteller

Mentor
Texans chances of beating the Bengals just improved a bit:

Today the Texans placed yet another inside linebacker on injured reserve.

Tim Dobbins began starting after Brian Cushing tore his ACL, and later shared duties with Darryl Sharpton, who started the season on the physically unable to perform list and is now on injured reserve as well. Dobbins was placed on injured reserve today with an ankle injury.

Inside linebacker Barrett Ruud is likely to start in place of Dobbins.

I would like to offer my 2 bits here.

I think Minnesota comes out ahead on this one. I want to root for Rodgers but he has almost totally ignored his best wr in Nelson even when he is healthy.

I like the fact Harrison, Greenway, Robison and Allen are going to get a chance to shine in the national spotlight.

Minnesota by 3 and take the under in a defensive struggle.

-Vanilla-

PS Lets hope Peterson breaks a femur and Gerhart gets a chance to show how he can wear down a defense.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I would like to offer my 2 bits here.

I think Minnesota comes out ahead on this one. I want to root for Rodgers but he has almost totally ignored his best wr in Nelson even when he is healthy.

I like the fact Harrison, Greenway, Robison and Allen are going to get a chance to shine in the national spotlight.

Minnesota by 3 and take the under in a defensive struggle.

-Vanilla-

PS Lets hope Peterson breaks a femur and Gerhart gets a chance to show how he can wear down a defense.

I know others claimed this as well before Jordy got injured, but that's not the case. Nelson only started 10 games due to injury, and left two of those games in the first quarter with injuries, so he essentially played just a little over half a season, yet still put up 49/745/7. Extrapolate those numbers over a full season and you have spectacular numbers.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Go Pack Go. McCarthy's a fair coach and i prefer him over Leslie Frazier. I hope Hawk,Matthews, and Zombo can slow down that running game today.

A lot of people are ripping the Pack for not throwing to Jordy but as Don stated he put up some pretty impressive numbers this year despite being banged up. Aaron Rodgers also happens to have the best receivers in the League. Next year might be a little better from a caste perspective both Greg Jennings and Finley are projected to move on from Green Bay.

Green Bay could very easily become one Caste Footballs favorite teams again with a semi fair draft this year.

davidholly

Mentor
Ye olde Dixieland outlaw will be pullin' for the Texans, Pack, Colts & Seahawks. I don't give a rip about Seattle, but I don't wanna see the Gremlin hype machine stay on track. I'd like to see the Pack or Vikes versus the Pats or Texans in the Superbowl...with Houston or NE taking the title. I'd not mind seeing the Broncos win the SB either. I grew up a hardcore Falcons fan (quasi DWF), but CF helped set me straight on that. :wink:

Ideally Gremlin would put up a performance similar to his last game but the Redskins manage a win.

foobar75

Master
It's a Vontaze Burfict worship fest at the moment. The announcers have no shame, the degree to which they are praising this thug, might as well go down the field and give him a BJ right now.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Houston completely dominating play but only up by 2 points thanks to a poor decision and throw by Schaub, and stalling three times in the redzone. It's gonna be a nervous second half.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Seems Houston O is keeping Bengals D on the field a long time.

Tom Iron...

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Watt with a sack already. I'm still pissed he didn't get the record. He should have dominated against the Colts O-line the last game of the season. Anyway, at least he led the league.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree and I'm pissed he didn't get the record too. Any chance we can prove how good our white athletes are in general, we need to get them the records. Watt and Welker falling just short ruined my weekend last week. Haha. Oh well. They are studs and hopefully they can still get it someday.

I want to give a shout out to Owen Daniels. He has 7 catches for 74 yards at the half. Great game. Come on Houston!

The Hock

Master
It's a Vontaze Burfict worship fest at the moment. The announcers have no shame, the degree to which they are praising this thug, might as well go down the field and give him a BJ right now.

No kidding. I'm trying to watch the game, got my blather filter on, then they launch into an informercial on this guy with the perfict police blotter name. At least they didn't say anything about him lighting up a room with his smile.

Last I'd heard he couldn't beak five seconds in the forty. Now he's playing well in the NFL and hasn't been arrested lately. Fair enough. But really, they do go on a tad much in these bits.

Last edited: