White RBs and 100-yard games

Warhawk_46

Master
1 White RB in the Top 75! What a joke! Do the Diversity ; equity and inclusion catch phrases by the Globohomo agenda apply here!

I don't care what position he's listed as.....Taysom Hill belongs somewhere on that list! An argument could be made he was in the Top 40-50!
Saints team mate Mark Ingram is #61 and Hill was better than him as a Runner! Rex Burkhead was shafted by the pathetic Texans; otherwise he's on this list too!
Great point! Taysom Hill ran for over 500 yards and could have easily reached 1000 if the Saints cared about winning games and played him with any sort of consistency. He would have a big game and then curiously hardly see the field for a couple weeks. My theory is that thug Kamara didn’t like Hill being a better running back than he. The Saints coaches know about black fragility and sacrificed wins by letting the inmates run the prison.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Was just reading an article and Alvin Kamara, always proclaimed over the past half-dozen years as one of the NFL's very best running backs, broke all of seven tackles in 2022 in spite of having 280 touches running and receiving. So if that's accurate, Kamara broke a tackle on average once every 40 touches. That still somehow ranked 32nd among running backs, as hard as it is to believe there are running backs even worse than Kamara was in that statistic. And yet we're supposed to believe that maybe one White running back every generation or so is capable of being a starting running back in the NFL. What a farce, what a ridiculous, extremist, all-encompassing racist joke the Caste System is. From the article:

Again, those numbers aren’t bad. And part of the slide can be attributed to a change in offensive scheme. But Kamara’s 1,565 career touches appear to be catching up to him. He looks to have lost a step, and he broke just seven tackles all season long last year—32nd among running backs.

Was just reading an article and Alvin Kamara, always proclaimed over the past half-dozen years as one of the NFL's very best running backs, broke all of seven tackles in 2022 in spite of having 280 touches running and receiving. So if that's accurate, Kamara broke a tackle on average once every 40 touches. That still somehow ranked 32nd among running backs, as hard as it is to believe there are running backs even worse than Kamara was in that statistic. And yet we're supposed to believe that maybe one White running back every generation or so is capable of being a starting running back in the NFL. What a farce, what a ridiculous, extremist, all-encompassing racist joke the Caste System is. From the article:

Again, those numbers aren’t bad. And part of the slide can be attributed to a change in offensive scheme. But Kamara’s 1,565 career touches appear to be catching up to him. He looks to have lost a step, and he broke just seven tackles all season long last year—32nd among running backs.

I read articles in the 80s and 90s gloating, "Craig James was the last White thousand yard rusher." And, "There will never be another White running back in the NFL."

Peyton Hillis managed to have a strong thousand yard season. Christian McCaffrey has been called the best all-around RB in pro football. This was not envisioned by many.

And Shipley and Steele are prospects.

Warhawk_46

Master
I read articles in the 80s and 90s gloating, "Craig James was the last White thousand yard rusher." And, "There will never be another White running back in the NFL."

Peyton Hillis managed to have a strong thousand yard season. Christian McCaffrey has been called the best all-around RB in pro football. This was not envisioned by many.

And Shipley and Steele are prospects.
I think despite the powers that be and their wishes, white running backs are slowly making a comeback.

Think of the NFL… like you said Hillis had a fantastic season and really was done in by a bad agent and concussions; Woodhead was seen as incredibly valuable to both the Patriots and Chargers and had two 1,000 yards from scrimmage seasons; Burkhead was a key part of the Patriots’ Super Bowl run for a few years and has two 100-yard games under his belt, which occurs whoever he gets 20+ rushes… he has carved a decade-long career; McCaffrey is the preminient talent at the position and already had three 1,000 yard + seasons (and would have five if not hurt in 2020 and 2021). He isn’t slowing down for at least a few more years and will likely have another three 1,000 yard seasons in him.

And as you say Shipley and Steele are two of the best running backs in all of college football.

Now if only Horvath, Borghi, Nall, Luepke and Roberts get an opportunity!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
*BUMP FOR THE 23/24 SEASON*

MASTER LIST OF 100 YARD GAMES BY WHITE RUNNING BACKS DURING THE CASTE ERA (Includes Regular & Post Season Stats)

2020-2029: Total of 15 so far

1) Christian McCaffrey: 13
2) Rex Burkhead: 1
3) Taysom Hill#: 1

2010-2019: Total of 19
1) Christian McCaffrey: 10
2) Peyton Hillis: 7
3) Toby Gerhart: 1
4) Rex Burkhead: 1

2000-2009: Total of 8
1) Mike Alstott: 4
2) Brock Forsey: 1
3) Peyton Hillis: 1
4) Brian Leonard: 1
5) Brad Hoover: 1

1990-1999: Total of 9
1) Mike Alstott: 3
2) Gil Fenerty: 2
3) Merrill Hoge: 1
4) Brad Muster: 1
5) Tommy Vardell: 1
6) Scott Lockwood: 1

1980-1989: Total of 53
1) John Riggins: 19
2) Craig James: 9
3) Rob Carpenter: 8
4) Merrill Hoge: 3
5) Larry Moriarty: 3
6) Matt Suhey: 3
7) Mark van Eeghen: 2
8) Dan Doornink: 1
9) Joe Dudek: 1
10) Hokie Gajan: 1
11) John Cappelletti: 1
12) Rick Kane: 1
13) Jim Jodat: 1

The decade we can use for comparison purposes, 1970-1979. The last decade before the full implementation of the Caste System against White RBs. The list from this decade is still under construction, but 138 100 yard rushing performances have been identified so far.

1) Larry Csonka: 19
2) John Riggins: 15
3) Marv Hubbard: 10
4) Ed Podolak: 9
5) Jim Otis: 9
6) Mark van Eeghen: 7
7) Donny Anderson: 5
8) Rocky Bleier: 5
9) Norm Bulaich: 5
10) Andy Johnson: 4
11) Doug Kotar: 4
12) John Cappelletti: 3
13) Paul Hofer: 3
14) Don Nottingham: 3
15) Steve Owens: 3
16) Ken Willard: 3
17) Rob Carpenter: 2
18) Jim Kiick: 2
19) Jeff Kinney: 2
20) Jon Keyworth: 2
21) Scott Laidlaw: 2
22) Rob Lytle: 2
23) Ed Marinaro: 2
24) Don McCauley: 2
25) Larry Schreiber: 2
26) Pete Banaszak: 1
27) Jim Bertelsen: 1
28) Bill Brown: 1
29) Vince Clements: 1
30) Scott Dierking: 1
31) Dan Doornink: 1
32) Doug Dressler: 1
33) Walt Garrison: 1
34) Les Josephson: 1
35) Rick Kane: 1
36) Dave Osborn: 1
37) Mike Adamle: 1
38) Fred Willis: 1
39) Bobby Anderson: 1
40) Bob Burns: 1

#Hill was not a starting QB, but ran out of the QB position

Edited to add: Christian McCaffrey had 103 yards on 14 carries and 1 touchdown against Baltimore on 12/25/23.

Last edited:

Warhawk_46

Master
McCaffrey now with back-to-back 100 yards games to start the 2023 season after rushing for 116 yards on 20 carries. Short week as the 49ers play the Giants on Thursday so I hope he gets plenty of rest and is fresh.

I would like to see him break off a couple of long runs Thursday to push him over 100 again with fewer carries. Keep him leading the league. Give Juice and the backups some rushing attempts as it is a long season and CMC will need a few lighter workload weeks.
Plus we cannot have the 49ers offense too predictable.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The 20's are now officially better (in this metric) than the 90's, as well as the 00's. At the current pace with just McCaffery alone, this decade will be better than the 10's. If guys like Shipley, Steele and maybe Cabana (Michigan freshman) can follow in NFL success, the 80's could eventually be within striking range.

jeffcorner

Anyone know who the leader would be for total amount of 100 yard games (career)? Would it be Riggins? I would think McCaffery, if he manages to stay healthy, might be able to beat whoever is # 1 right now. *I don't mean OVERALL leader, I'm talking leader of RBs that are White.

John Riggins had 28 100 yard games in the regular season, six in playoff games. Jim Taylor had 26 regular season 100 yard games for Lombardi's Packers.

I see you counted playoff games. Jim Taylor had one 100 yard playoff game, the 1960 NFL Championship. Ironically, this was the only playoff-championship game Lombardi lost.

For historical purposes, playoff game stats are counted separately from the regular season.

Last edited:
Larry Csonka had 16 (one in 1969, the rest in the 70s) regular season 100 yard games, four in the playoffs.

This comes from Pro Football Reference.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
John Riggins had 28 100 yard games in the regular season, six in playoff games. Jim Taylor had 26 regular season 100 yard games for Lombardi's Packers.

I see you counted playoff games. Jim Taylor had one 100 yard playoff game, the 1960 NFL Championship. Ironically, this was the only playoff-championship game Lombardi lost.

For historical purposes, playoff game stats are counted separately from the regular season.

Larry Csonka had 16 (one in 1969, the rest in the 70s) regular season 100 yard games, four in the playoffs.

This comes from Pro Football Reference.
Thanks sports historian!

So for the modern era, we have:
Riggins - 34
Taylor - 27
Csonka - 20
McCaffrey - 19

In this 49ers offense and at 27 years old still, McCaffrey seems likely to keep the 100 yard games coming. I don't see any reason why Riggins mark would be out of reach.

PS - If anyone was interested, 85 would be the all-time mark by Emmitt Smith. 78 in the regular season and 7 in the playoffs.

Edit: CMac up to 19 100 yard games.

Last edited:

Warhawk_46

Master
When all is said and done, I am willing to bet McCaffrey is around 30. Now let’s see a stat that also shows 100 yard receiving games from running backs. He has a few of those already and I’d wager will have a few more.

Last edited:

backrow

Hall of Famer
After a near miss last week with 85, Christian McCaffrey had another one last night. He also added 3 rushing TDs and 4 overall to his tally (extending his TD streak to 13, beating Jerry Rice 49ers record).

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
After a near miss last week with 85, Christian McCaffrey had another one last night. He also added 3 rushing TDs and 4 overall to his tally (extending his TD streak to 13, beating Jerry Rice 49ers record).
Thanks for the reminder. Updated the master list. CMac is only 1 hundred yard game away from the great Larry Csonka.

Warhawk_46

Master
McCaffrey with his 4th 100 yard game of the season last night against Seattle. 19 attempts, 114 yards and 2 touchdowns on the ground in a dominant effort.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
McCaffrey with his 4th 100 yard game of the season last night against Seattle. 19 attempts, 114 yards and 2 touchdowns on the ground in a dominant effort.
Thanks for the reminder. List updated. CMac now has 10 100 yard games in each decade. With 20, he ties the great Larry Csonka.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
List bumped for CMac's huge game against the odious Seahawks and their coal defense. He owns them.

Also, Christian has now passed the great Larry Csonka in total 100 yard games. He should pass Jim Taylor at some point next season.

So for the modern era, we have:
Riggins - 34
Taylor - 27
McCaffrey - 21
Csonka - 20

Warhawk_46

Master
McCaffrey is an all-time talent. His skillset will allow him to age well in the league. I think after this year he has another 3 1,000 yard seasons in the ground. I would not be surprised to see him make the Pro Bowl with another 1,000 yard receiving season next year.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
With 4 games left Christian McCaffrey has 1177 yards! He has a good chance of rushing for 1500 yards if he keeps up this pace. His lead
over the rest of the running backs has grown over the last month or so. Let's finish this season out strong. 4 Games to go!

Christian McCaffrey had already passed Larry Csonka in regular season 100-yard games. CMC now has 20 to Csonka's 16. Playoff games are counted separately.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
bumping for CMC today's 18 carries, 115 yards game!
Thanks brother. I’ve updated the list.

That was CMac’s 6th 100 yard game of the season! For comparison, he only had 5 last regular season and 1 in the playoffs. Overall CMac is up to 21 100 yard games (1 playoff that I’ll count separate thanks to SH). He’s getting close to Taylor at 26.

Warhawk_46

Master
And he has another 3-4 years where I think he hits 1000 yards rushing and around 400-500 receiving. 32 years old is the age I think he retires (because he doesn’t want to be less than his best) or hangs on another year or two as a mostly slot receiver/3rd down back.

Point is we have him to enjoy for a few more years before he goes down as an all-time Hall of Fame talent.