What Happened to the White Athlete?

jwhite96

Guru
I don't believe blacks are genetically more athletic than whites.There may ,however be a genetic explanation for their overrepresentation in some pro sports. Their mean IQ of 85 is , in my opinion, why blacks are possibly more determined to be a professional athlete. An IQ of 85 according to an expert on IQ and occupations Linda Gottfredson http://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/reprints/index.html means at least 50%of blacks don't have the intelligence for anything other than relatively menial jobs. Although, talking about IQ differences in race is maybe the most taboo subject in American society, most blacks know ,even with affirmative discrimination, they are not going do well financially by working. So it makes sense to them to go all out to become pro athletes. Many whites who are naturally good athletes , due to their much higher IQs, rather concentrate on getting a college degree that will help them get a good paying job which is a much surer thing than attempting to become a pro athlete.

http://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/reprints/index.html

That article is familiar to me in so many ways. I went to an 80%-90% white school and had two major black schools we played once a year in football and twice each in basketball. I was fortunate to be in a unique situation where my grade had 4 or 5 white kids who were faster and quicker than any kids at the black schools so from a very young age I never thought of black people being better athletes. And my grade never once lost to either of the black schools in football or basketball. The only time we kind of lost, was when we were juniors in football and had a pretty weak senior class and had a lot of injuries. Nevertheless, we only lost by 2 points to the black team that went undefeated that year until the playoffs. When we were seniors we crushed them in football.

Despite having better athletes, whenevever we played them our coaches usually said two things:
1. They're going to be more athletic.
2. We're going to have to outsmart them to win.

Well, 1. They were not better athletes. We had guys who were quicker, faster and could jump higher. 2. I don't ever remember clearly outsmarting them for a victory; in fact, a black school in basketball once committed only 1 turnover the entire game, which we won by 1 point. They also had the unquestioned best coach in the area, so they were simply better coached than us. We won because we were better players and better athletes, but they almost beat us because they made fewer mistakes that game. That's not how it always was, but there wasn't a glaring difference in the amount of turnovers, penalties, etc. in football and basketball: we were simply better athletes.

My grade was also very lucky because our white parents, by the time we were in 2nd grade, brought us basketball players to play in the black neighborhood leagues and tournaments. Looking back, it must have been really odd to have a white team playing in those run down inner city gyms and church basements, but we were so young we didn't think anything of it. And because we were so young we hadn't been indoctrinated with the belief that we should be intimidated by black players or that they were inherently superior. And we usually won the tournaments we played in because we were better.

In large part because of that experience, my grade was never intimidated by black schools or thought they were naturally better athletes, despite what our coaches said. We didn't fear them in the slightest and I believe that is a major reason we had so much success against them.

A revealing example occurred in Middle School track. One of the black teams got off the bus in all black sweat pants and hoodies, with the hoods pretty much covering their faces. They all walked real slow, in single file as they entered our field. I was up in the stands with some track mates and a bunch of them were terrified. I told my friends how dumb they were to be afraid and went right down to the black team while they were walking up and laughed at some of the guys I knew. They laughed back when they saw me and we joked about how obvious it was that they were trying to intimidate us, but it wasn't going to work because we knew them. My friends who grew up playing in those black basketball leagues were of course not intimidated for a second and we went out and destroyed them. I bet a lot of white schools that they did that to lost before the meet (or game in football and basketball) even started because they were intimidated by the scary black athletes.

And the experience of being a white on a black court is always hilarious. I happen to be really quick, but not a great shooter. However, whoever I get matched up against always thinks the opposite and is licking their lips before we start. I sometimes get the "Larry Bird, Jr." or "Nash" comments or whoever. Because of this, I usually catch everybody off guard the 1st and usually 2nd time I get the ball, because I blow by my guy and go in for a layup. By the third time everybody is ready. Like the white track guy, once the black player I'm going head to head with thinks I'm better, I'm able to really beat him all game because it messes with his head so badly to have a white guy clearly beat him with athletic ability. 9 times out of 10 the black guy will pretty much just give up trying to compete. I've got the "you must be part black" comments too, despite my blue eyes. lol

That article is very revealing about how white athletes are indoctrinated and intimidated psychologically.Edited by: Fightingtowin

guest301

Hall of Famer
Fightingtowin said:
That article is familiar to me in so many ways. I went to an 80%-90% white school and had two major black schools we played once a year in football and twice each in basketball. I was fortunate to be in a unique situation where my grade had 4 or 5 white kids who were faster and quicker than any kids at the black schools so from a very young age I never thought of black people being better athletes. And my grade never once lost to either of the black schools in football or basketball. The only time we kind of lost, was when we were juniors in football and had a pretty weak senior class and had a lot of injuries. Nevertheless, we only lost by 2 points to the black team that went undefeated that year until the playoffs. When we were seniors we crushed them in football.

Despite having better athletes, whenevever we played them our coaches usually said two things:
1. They're going to be more athletic.
2. We're going to have to outsmart them to win.

Well, 1. They were not better athletes. We had guys who were quicker, faster and could jump higher. 2. I don't ever remember clearly outsmarting them for a victory; in fact, a black school in basketball once committed only 1 turnover the entire game, which we won by 1 point. They also had the unquestioned best coach in the area, so they were simply better coached than us. We won because we were better players and better athletes, but they almost beat us because they made fewer mistakes that game. That's not how it always was, but there wasn't a glaring difference in the amount of turnovers, penalties, etc. in football and basketball: we were simply better athletes.

My grade was also very lucky because our white parents, by the time we were in 2nd grade, brought us basketball players to play in the black neighborhood leagues and tournaments. Looking back, it must have been really odd to have a white team playing in those run down inner city gyms and church basements, but we were so young we didn't think anything of it. And because we were so young we hadn't been indoctrinated with the belief that we should be intimidated by black players or that they were inherently superior. And we usually won the tournaments we played in because we were better.

In large part because of that experience, my grade was never intimidated by black schools or thought they were naturally better athletes, despite what our coaches said. We didn't fear them in the slightest and I believe that is a major reason we had so much success against them.

A revealing example occurred in Middle School track. One of the black teams got off the bus in all black sweat pants and hoodies, with the hoods pretty much covering their faces. They all walked real slow, in single file as they entered our field. I was up in the stands with some track mates and a bunch of them were terrified. I told my friends how dumb they were to be afraid and went right down to the black team while they were walking up and laughed at some of the guys I knew. They laughed back when they saw me and we joked about how obvious it was that they were trying to intimidate us, but it wasn't going to work because we knew them. My friends who grew up playing in those black basketball leagues were of course not intimidated for a second and we went out and destroyed them. I bet a lot of white schools that they did that to lost before the meet (or game in football and basketball) even started because they were intimidated by the scary black athletes.

And the experience of being a white on a black court is always hilarious. I happen to be really quick, but not a great shooter. However, whoever I get matched up against always thinks the opposite and is licking their lips before we start. I sometimes get the "Larry Bird, Jr." or "Nash" comments or whoever. Because of this, I usually catch everybody off guard the 1st and usually 2nd time I get the ball, because I blow by my guy and go in for a layup. By the third time everybody is ready. Like the white track guy, once the black player I'm going head to head with thinks I'm better, I'm able to really beat him all game because it messes with his head so badly to have a white guy clearly beat him with athletic ability. 9 times out of 10 the black guy will pretty much just give up trying to compete. I've got the "you must be part black" comments too, despite my blue eyes. lol

That article is very revealing about how white athletes are indoctrinated and intimidated psychologically.

Great post Fightingtowin. I enjoyed reading about your experiences.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
excellent post, Fightingtowin. i have a similar history and similar experiences with black athletes.

most of sport is mental, and if you think the other guy is better than you are ... he is, regardless of whether or not he has more talent. if you mentally psyche yourself out, then you are done. the other guy owns you.

the attitude of so many White people that blacks are simply better has done a big part in creating the caste system.

jcolec02

Mentor
Jimmy Chitwood said:
excellent post, Fightingtowin.  i have a similar history and similar experiences with black athletes.
<div> </div>
<div>most of sport is mental, and if you think the other guy is better than you are ... he is, regardless of whether or not he has more talent. if you mentally psyche yourself out, then you are done. the other guy owns you. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>the attitude of so many White people that blacks are simply better has done a big part in creating the caste system.</div>
Thats why whites in this country don't excel in basketball or boxing for example...but in Europe they don't grow up with that mentality. They grow up believing they cant beat anyone regardless of race... Edited by: jcolec02

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Some good comments gentlemen. This idea of a "freak" White athlete being rare is horsepuckey propagated by the caste/CM ma$ters. I played hoops in HS with 1 (White) guy with a 39" vertical, another with a 36" & I had around a 33". Six (White) guys on the team could dunk. There was a (White) guy who ran track & played hoops at a rival HS that set the state High Jump record & had a 40+" vertical, and his team mate had a 34"+ & went on to start for Vanderbilt. In football, we had 2 RBs & 3 DBs who ran 4.7- 40 yard dash(es). There were quite a few of us benching 300 lbs+ as well.

Good points on the mental aspect of sports & how American White kids pysch themselves out thinking "affletes" are sooooo much better. In HS, I knew I was big/stronger that the "affletes", but bought into the caste mindset that I was slower (even though I had solid 40 y/d times).
I wish I had the same mindset I have now back then...I would have been All-State. Best we can do is keep educating those who have the intelligence to listen/learn )on the fallacious caste system).

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
WA33, I played football+hoops in HS & 1 year in college. I played Center in hoops & DE/DT in football. In hindsight, I wish I would have wrestled.
smiley2.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
What a bunch of racist crap that article is. I remember it when it came out. The irony, if one wants to call it that, is that Sports Illustrated, as the country's leading sports magazine for over 50 years,is in large part responsible for creating the many false stereotypes about white and black athletes that so many people believe. The rise of the Caste System and of Cultural Marxism in the U.S. was mirrored by SI and the way it covered sports over the years.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I remember reading that one when it came out. I also remember reading at the main reference library the article that was published around the 68' Mexico Olympics where the dominance of the black athlete was discussed. The funny thing is that in 68' White athletes were the majority in the NBA and the overwhelming majority in the NFL. Only pro boxing and the sprints were dominated by blacks at that point.

white is right said:
I remember reading that one when it came out. I also remember reading at the main reference library the article that was published around the 68' Mexico Olympics where the dominance of the black athlete was discussed. The funny thing is that in 68' White athletes were the majority in the NBA and the overwhelming majority in the NFL. Only pro boxing and the sprints were dominated by blacks at that point.

Yes, that 68 olympics was before the PEDs hit sprinting hardcore. A white, Australian sprinter Peter Norman, got the silver medal in the 200, inbetween the two black racists who got gold and bronze. In my warped young mind, seeing that picture in my history text book, I naturally assumed the white got third to the two blacks. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has thought that way. What's crazy is that I read a recent article that he supported their anti-white power salute! He even wore some human rights badge against racism along with the two black Americans! Here's the photo:

Carlos-Smith.jpg

StarWars

Mentor
Sprinting was drugged up in Eastern Europe by the '70s, and by the mid '80s America, the Carribean, and a few outlier Western European countries had taken the reigns. Sprinting is won by cheaters. Almost all of them. Christie, Lewis, Johnson, Johnson (the other one), Montgomery, Gatlin, Bolt, Gay, Powell, Greene, etc... Not to mention blacks not only think they are faster, but the 100/200/400 are kinda the only events these afletic freaks can do well, even though we still match up to them pretty well (especially in the 400). Like most pro sports, besides from the elefant in the room that is the caste system, there are a million reasons why blacks try to go to the next level involving money/ fame/ an escape from the ghetto/ and low IQ. Steroids help the countries like Jamaica and the US that conveniently love T&F in the black communities (maybe not a plot but a coincidence).

The 1968 symbol of black pride is a marker of what was to come.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I actually have this magazine. It's falling apart since I haven't taken the best care of it. The article made me angry then and still does now. Maybe someday I will use that along with the Taboo book as firewood when I go up north. We need a book and some articles in magazines telling the truth. Screw S.I. and screw Entine.Edited by: white lightning

Charlie

Guru
Harry Edwards is a sociology professor at Berkeley. He says the demographic changes in the major sports are due to the collapse of the family farm. Many white professional athletes come from small towns and rural areas. Meanwhile most black professional athletes come from black neighborhoods in major cities.

What gives this theory credence is the farm crisis of the 1980s and the resulting depopulation of rural areas corresponds to a sharp decline in the number of white players in the NBA and NFL.

Harry Edwards would agree with many Caste Footballers that blacks have no inherent genetic sports advantage over whites. "...There has never been any scientific study linking any supposed physical or genetic characteristics of race to athletic competence."Â￾ "Race is a socially and culturally ascribed status with no roots in biogenetics."

Yet he also said in 1987,

"As farms fail, white athletes from small rural areas are moving to the outskirts of urban areas and CAN'T COMPETE WITH INNER-CITY BLACKS. So the suburbs produce doctors, dentists and lawyers. Meanwhile, in the next seven to 10 years, basketball will be almost all black, football will probably be 75 percent black and baseball 35 to 40 percent black."

But if whites can't compete with blacks, and there are no genetic differences, what is the reason? What gives blacks an advantage?

My theory is sports are as much a social event as they are a competition. Your teammates are your friends. You identify as a 'jock' in the social nomenclature of school. If the teams are largely black, and they don't want you as a friend, or vice versa, then there are plenty of other things to do.

Another theory is the 'glory' positions on teams are often filled by blacks almost by default. Even when the school is overwhelmingly white or Hispanic the running backs, receivers, and DBs are all black. There is also mimicry of Div. 1 college trends with the QB being black as well. HS coaches, being HS coaches, often do not employ the logical strategy of having each player considered for every position. Young persons rarely have an accurate understanding of their abilities. The fast runner will say he's slow. The braggart will insist he's the fastest thing alive. Position assignments are often made on nothing more than a player's interest and a coaches assessment of a player's physiognomy. Test for speed, strength, 'cutting' ability and agility? Nah, too much trouble.

It is not uncommon for a HS basketball team to have four or five black starters despite the school at large being less than 10% black. Creaky old desegregation orders often include an open enrollment requirement allowing students to attend any non-exam school in a district. HS coaches are not averse to recruiting 'superior' athletes.

Another theory is increasing academic and economic competition. Sports are time and energy consuming. Injuries are common, which is very worrying when the injury is to the brain, which can lead to life long cognitive and emotional problems. Football teams in suburban Boston have a hard time competing for players against less injurious sports and time intensive academics and serious hobbies. Middle-class and upper middle-class parents do not see 'major' sports as necessary for a college education. If anything obscure sports offer a better chance for college admissions (but not scholarships as the Ivies and others do not offer athletic scholarships).

Texas is perhaps one of the few remaining areas where white parents view football and sports in general as character enhancing and therefore of independent value.

The Sports Illustrated article gave some attention to alternative and extreme sports, with the implication whites can't compete with blacks in 'real' sports so they run off to the skate park and do tricks.

My theory there is sports are very regimented with often inept coaches screaming abuse and invective. Whites are more individualistic than other races and do not always accept blustering authority with equanimity. At the same time whites are arguably more self directed and disciplined than other races and can therefore train themselves in various endeavors. I don't think Kelly Slater was ever on a 'team'.

Another factor is boredom. Many sports are flat out dull. Of the three C's of success; charisma, creativity and competence, only competence is a major factor in sports a magazine like Sports Illustrated considers important. The industrial age and regimented sports fit perfectly. The same motion, endlessly repeated, was perfected. The throw, the rivet, the shot, the tackle, all actions pre-determined and sanctioned, performed by obedient players and obedient workers.

I think white people, at some level, during all historical periods, prefer challenges which defy score keeping. So maybe that's the ultimate reason why whites are kicking sports to the curb. Boredom.Edited by: Charlie

white is right said:

I referred to the 1968 SI article (actually a series) a few years ago. The series of articles published by SI in the summer of 1968 was titled, "The Black Athlete: A Shameful Story." The theme, for the most part, was not that blacks were superior, but the discrimination they had supposedly received. One article was devoted to the racial friction on the St. Louis Cardinals football team.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Charlie nice post. I wonder when that 40 percent of black baseball players thing is going to happen???
smiley1.gif

Another factor not mentioned that has a huge effect on diminishing white athletic presense in team sports is family size. Every kid I know that is good in football has 1 or more brothers to bang around with and learn the game. With no sandlot play going on in white communities (due to over protective mothers) there is no other place to develop early sports skills except the backyard.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
nice post, Charlie. some very thoughtful stuff.
smiley20.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
jcolec02 said:
Jimmy Chitwood said:
excellent post, Fightingtowin.  i have a similar history and similar experiences with black athletes.
<div> </div>
<div>most of sport is mental, and if you think the other guy is better than you are ... he is, regardless of whether or not he has more talent. if you mentally psyche yourself out, then you are done. the other guy owns you. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>the attitude of so many White people that blacks are simply better has done a big part in creating the caste system.</div>
Thats why whites in this country don't excel in basketball or boxing for example...but in Europe they don't grow up with that mentality. They grow up believing they cant beat anyone regardless of race...

exactly. i grew up in Europe, played rugby ever since i was a little kid (along with hockey) and i never once thought that any given black guy would be more athletic than me. they usually weren't. that's not to say there was no black athletes competing but at the same time there was always at least one guy who was as gifted as them.

as an example, on my pro rugby team in French top division, there was 4 black players, 1 mixed and i was faster and stronger than any of them, and there was at least another 2 or 3 whites that were better athletes than the black guys.

i honestly don't know how this dogma started and why white folk in US just let it slide.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Another thing is I never thought about athletic ability as a kid playing sports. When I lined up next to a guy or on the diamond or whatever I could see if he was tall or muscular or big but that never made a difference to me. I always felt that I could play better then him better then anybody, not because I knew I was fast or strong but because I felt that if I tried hard enough my desire and skill at the game would be enough. To me it was a contest of wills.

There were plenty of guys bigger, faster, stronger then me that I had beaten at football, hockey, baseball, basketball, whatever, I knew that natural talent was useful but only to a degree. I played plenty of black guys and knew they were good athletes but so what, lots of people are good athletes and many of them suck at sports. I think the whole "blacks are better" is a case of whites not having the will to win.

It might be a little different in something like track were straight line speed is all you need, but sports have so much more then that and that is where I felt I had the advantage. I made another post about how the smaller white families effect the athletic advantages of whites, I think this is another example. If you have brothers you get very competitive with them and learn how to beat people.

Look at that white kid that got beaten up on a bus. I would bet he didn't have any brothers. When you have brothers you learn to fight--end of story, you don't just fold up like he did. So many kids today have no brothers and I think it effects them. Also with brothers you don't get your ass kicked on a bus because you have guarenteed backup, someone who will come to your aid no matter what.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
"Look at that white kid that got beaten up on a bus. I would bet he didn't have any brothers. When you have brothers you learn to fight--end of story, you don't just fold up like he did. So many kids today have no brothers and I think it effects them. Also with brothers you don't get your ass kicked on a bus because you have guarenteed backup, someone who will come to your aid no matter what. "

Amen to that, I think that pretty much describesmine and my brothers relationship
smiley20.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
jaxvid's and celtic's comments on their brothers is spot on.

i was at a college football game recently with my dad and brother, and as usual i was pretty vocal about what i was seeing on the football field. (Go Caste Football!) a White girl i knew that was sitting next to us said that if i didn't keep my voice down then this big group of black guys nearby would jump me after the game and i'd get my ass kicked while she watched. my dad and brother just laughed, and my dad pointed out that the blacks would have to whip all three of us, and he wasn't too worried about that happening.
smiley2.gif
she appeared somewhat stunned by his simple statement.

White solidarity is a dying thing because the White family is dying. fortunately, i have a brother and father that would step in front of a bus to help me. but i think a lot of White kids have nothing like that ... and i think you guys are right in that being a part of the reason for our people's decay.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
A lot of good posts in this thread!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
sport historian said:
One article was devoted to the racial friction on the St. Louis Cardinals football team.

I remember reading about the racial tensions on the Cardinals. Supposedly Charlie Johnson or whoever was the QB had changed the name of one of the team's passing plays to "n i g g e r s go deep"and that's what he called it in the huddle.
smiley36.gif
Young whites today have no idea how much things have changed, as far as the way whites act around blacks and all the fear they have of them now.Edited by: Don Wassall