Vick gets courage award?

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
"Black America saw an artist, an elegant, unstoppable performer."

How is he unstoppable? Vick never won the Super Bowl or MVP and was on the verge of being benched in the 2006 season. He will probably head to the bench again after the usual time allowed for black under performance.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
All of the criminality aside, Michael Vick is a rare athlete. But smarts and athleticism don't necessarily go hand-in-hand. If you look at the games so far this year, I see undisciplined defenses playing to Vick's strengths. If you let him run around and improvise, bad things will happen. He has excellent running ability, which is obvious, and he also has a strong arm. His "accuracy" isn't the issue. The ball goes where he intends it to go, so by that measure, he's "accurate". And when defenses defend him like he's Ryan Mallett, they are asking for trouble.
In previous years, and later this year (I'm certain), defenses will use disciplined rush techniques and disguised coverages. Vick's weakness is the same as almost every black QB that has ever played, with few exceptions, in that traditional reads and check-downs are a Wonderlic-caliber mystery. I'm looking forward to the meltdown
smiley1.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Nobody doubts that he's a good athlete. He's not a good quarterback however. His rushing numbers have always been outstanding in all the years he has started but his completion percentage has always been low( in the 50 percent range.) This year through three games he's at 60 but I doubt he'll maintain that for the entire season. Also his touchdown to interception rate has been sub par. All in all he's a very average quarterback at best.

snow

Mentor
He hasn't even thrown for 300 yards in a game this season, yet fans are acting like he is playing lights out and is one of the best in the league right now. His play has been above average, that is it. This is the best he has done as a passer since joining the league and I doubt he can keep it up.

I know it says hes rushed for 30 yards the past 2 games but in college,
they deduct the yards you lose from sacks as well, I'm guessing because
of quarterbacks running more? If they counted Vick's sacks he would
probably have negative rushing yards because he has been sacked 9 times
the past two games. Go figure, I just turned on espn and they show that
Vick has been named offensive player of the month. Really? nobody played
better on offense this month? come on....

Edited by: snow

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
snow said:
He hasn't even thrown for 300 yards in a game this season, yet fans are acting like he is playing lights out and is one of the best in the league right now. His play has been above average, that is it. This is the best he has done as a passer since joining the league and I doubt he can keep it up.

I know it says hes rushed for 30 yards the past 2 games but in college, they deduct the yards you lose from sacks as well, I'm guessing because of quarterbacks running more? If they counted Vick's sacks he would probably have negative rushing yards because he has been sacked 9 times the past two games. Go figure, I just turned on espn and they show that Vick has been named offensive player of the month. Really? nobody played better on offense this month? come on....

Hehe! Peyton Manning and Phillip Rivers played better, just to name a few.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
snow said:
I know it says hes rushed for 30 yards the past 2 games but in college, they deduct the yards you lose from sacks as well, I'm guessing because of quarterbacks running more? If they counted Vick's sacks he would probably have negative rushing yards because he has been sacked 9 times the past two games. Go figure, I just turned on espn and they show that Vick has been named offensive player of the month. Really? nobody played better on offense this month? come on....
Yeah, yesterday evening while I was in the hotel lobby, the tv was tuned to ESPN and the two goons were doing YET ANOTHER breathless segment on the "greatness" of Mike ConVick. Isn't there anyone else they can talk about? Oh yeah, there are also multiple segments on the "great" Donovan McNabb as he returns to Philly this weekend.
smiley29.gif

Oh, as for sack negative yardage, for a QB it is taken from his passing yardage, if that makes any sense.

Bart

Hall of Famer
snow said:
Go figure, I just turned on espn and they show that
Vick has been named offensive player of the month. Really? nobody played
better on offense this month? come on....

Another affirmative action gift.

Peyton Manning was much better. Vick ran for a TD, but was sacked 8 more times than Manning and lost 1 more fumble.

Manning

PctTDINTYDSRTG

Vick

If we are looking at a position other than QB, Austin Collie's stats were awesome and he too deserved the honor before Vick.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Vick is hurt now. Can someone tell me if he has been hurt a lot in the past?

Saw the clip of him getting hit. I don't think he should have taken that chance. Most white guys would've slid and gotten the td the next play or so I think rather than take that hit.

Tom Iron...

snow

Mentor
I am not sure if he has been hurt in the past, but I think I jinxed him. Right before that play I was noting to my friend that Vick looked kind of scrawny and was wondering how does he run so much and not managed to get injured. He is listed at 215 but looks more in the 180-190 range.

edit: just looked it up on wikipedia, he missed a game with a sprained shoulder in 2002, missed 11 games in 2003 after a fracture to his right fibula in the preseason.

It depends on how big the quarterback is and what the circumstances were for the game on whether he should have slid. Being that he is on the small side and age 30, he should have slid.

Edited by: snow

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I looked at his game logs and it seems as if he was injured for most of the 2003 season. Either that or he was benched but I'm pretty sure he must have been injured. They don't just bench "incredible" affletes. He may be out anywhere from 2-6 weeks so Kolb will start at least for a few games.

pt.guard

To be fair, I give him credit for selling out his body on the play to try to score rather than slide and protect himself. As it turns out, there was a holding penalty called, so it would not have counted anyway.

Vick was having a very good run at QB, but to compare him (as a QB) to Manning, Brady or Brees is ridiculous. Those three are (IMO) by far the best QB's in the league.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
pt.guard, I was just looking and there are 4 black QBs in the top 16 in the league in passer rating with Vick at #3. Only two of the current black starters didn't make the top half in the league and Garrard just missed the list at #18. Also, Seneca Wallace is in the top 2/3s. Black QBs can play almost as good as white ones IMO. They do usually throw less and run more, but this year the black QBs YPA is even pretty good- and they are throwing the ball further down field. Denard Robinson is dominating in the FBS also.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I'll take the trade off of a couple more black starting QBs in the NFL if we can get more white RBs and WRs. Whites are just as good at WR and EXTREMELY close at RB- there's just a slightly higher percentage of blacks with the tools to succeed at tailback at the high levels IMO. The best white tailbacks can be HOF good for sure though. I think WR should be a 65-70% white position and HB about 55-60%.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Westside

Hall of Famer
I wonder if Vick will be fair and electrocute his testicles since he is injured now? Didn't he electrocute poor dogs and drown them because they were injured in fights or too scared to fight.

The world is upside down. He is able to play and start for an NFL team and Rush Limbaugh is not allowed to invest or buy a team because he said(paraprash) "McNabb is not a great QB, people want to see succeed because he is black."

pt.guard

Good point, ToughJRiggins. I would make that trade off (couple of black QB's for some more white RB's) as well.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
pt.guard said:
Good point, ToughJRiggins. I would make that trade off (couple of black QB's for some more white RB's) as well.

Exactly! I happen to think that for 13% of the U.S population that black QBs do pretty well. I'm hoping defenses whiten a bit as well and o-line at least holds steady.

The one good thing about still having black majority Ds in the future if we have lots more white WRs and RBs- is that the DWFs won't be able to use the excuse,

"yeah, the white boy RB is only good because the defenses he's juking out are mostly white now." Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
ConVick is an idiot for diving head fist. Ultimately, a leader is supposed to be on the field in order to guide his team to a win. ConVick took a dive, got himself injured and the team lost.

NFL quarterbacks above all else, must be intelligent.The dog killer appears to be a very athletic , sub-moron, that continually shoots himself in the foot.

pt.guard

To be fair, when Tim Tebow hurt his ribs on a similar play in preseason, (taking on a defender at the goal line instead of sliding) he was credited as being tough and fearless so I do not think that Vick diving is an indication of low intelligence.

However participating in dog fighting and then lying under oath about it certainly would indicate a lack of intelligence.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Fat Bastard sure treats his white players well.

Coach Andy Reid confirmed Wednesday that Michael Vick (ribs) will return
as the Eagles' starting quarterback regardless of how Kevin Kolb plays
during Vick's absence.
<div ="s_pNewsTextMain"> Reid, of
course, said similar things about Kolb prior to his concussion in Week
1. Asked Wednesday if the job is open to competition, Reid assured "No,
(Vick's) the starting quarterback." Vick's stance atop the depth chart
is not in doubt, though Kolb could give us something to talk about if
he wins, say, two straight games and plays lights out. Based on Kolb's
Week 4 performance off the bench, however, that's a major long shot to
happen.
</div>

Bart

Hall of Famer
Another honor for the great one.

February 7, 2011, 5:51 PM

ETMichael Vick gets key to DallasEmail Print Comments76 ESPNDallas.com

Dallas Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway gave Michael Vick a key to the city on Saturday, causing an uproar among animal rights activists.

In 2007, Vick was convicted of a felony related to a dogfighting ring and served 19 months in prison.

"I gave it to him, sure I did. The wayward children that were there needed to have hope," Caraway said, according to The Dallas Morning News, while not elaborating on the event he was attending or why children were there.

Dallas Mayor Tom Leppert distanced himself from the action later Monday.

"The action taken was not sanctioned by my office and was not an official ceremonial honor on behalf of the City of Dallas," he said in a statement. "Official Keys to the City are presented by the Mayor, or an elected official designated by the Mayor, and reserved, on a limited basis, for an elected official of international status. Clearly, this was not the case in this situation and done without my knowledge or approval."

Local radio reporter Richard Hunter attended the event and filmed it. In the video, Hunter says that he actually adopted one of the dogs from Vick's home and he tries to speak with the Philadelphia quarterback at Saturday's event. Vick does not speak to him.

After serving his prison time, Vick was signed by the Eagles in 2009. This past season he was named NFL Comeback Player of the Year after making the Pro Bowl with the Eagles.

Caraway is a city council member and as mayor pro tem serves the role that a vice-mayor would if Dallas had that office.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Disgusting how all these black pricks support this cowardly, filthy human being. This affirmative action"politician" did what he had to and showed support for his brutha. Maybe Vick can become the next president of this country?

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
This past season he was named NFL Comeback Player of the Year after making the Pro Bowl with the Eagles.

Mike Vick fought dogs to make a meager profit, viciously torturing and killing them when they lost or became ineffective. He was sent to prison in order to "learn his lesson."Â￾

Wes Welker was worked tireless in the offseason in order to return for Week 1 in September 2010 after shredding his knee in January 2010. Despite this, he very nearly achieved his 4th straight 100 catch, 1,000 yard season.

It makes little sense for Vick to win the 2010 award, as his "comeback"Â￾ to the NFL was in 2009, not 2010.

Joe Theismann, Vick's blushing bride-to-be, must have pulled some strings.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
Another honor for the great one.

February 7, 2011, 5:51 PM

ETMichael Vick gets key to DallasEmail Print Comments76 ESPNDallas.com

Dallas Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway gave Michael Vick a key to the city on Saturday, causing an uproar among animal rights activists.

In 2007, Vick was convicted of a felony related to a dogfighting ring and served 19 months in prison.

"I gave it to him, sure I did. The wayward children that were there needed to have hope," Caraway said, according to The Dallas Morning News, while not elaborating on the event he was attending or why children were there.

Dallas Mayor Tom Leppert distanced himself from the action later Monday.

"The action taken was not sanctioned by my office and was not an official ceremonial honor on behalf of the City of Dallas," he said in a statement. "Official Keys to the City are presented by the Mayor, or an elected official designated by the Mayor, and reserved, on a limited basis, for an elected official of international status. Clearly, this was not the case in this situation and done without my knowledge or approval."

Local radio reporter Richard Hunter attended the event and filmed it. In the video, Hunter says that he actually adopted one of the dogs from Vick's home and he tries to speak with the Philadelphia quarterback at Saturday's event. Vick does not speak to him.

After serving his prison time, Vick was signed by the Eagles in 2009. This past season he was named NFL Comeback Player of the Year after making the Pro Bowl with the Eagles.

Caraway is a city council member and as mayor pro tem serves the role that a vice-mayor would if Dallas had that office.
This obvious ethnic pandering is probably because he is going to be in a dogfight (no pun intended) for his seat with probably an ethnic Mexican candidate. Will Speedy Gonzalez be feted by city hall too.....
smiley5.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
Thrashen said:
Mike Vick fought dogs to make a meager profit, viciously torturing and killing them when they lost or became ineffective. He was sent to prison in order to "learn his lesson."Â￾

Wes Welker was worked tireless in the offseason in order to return for Week 1 in September 2010 after shredding his knee in January 2010. Despite this, he very nearly achieved his 4th straight 100 catch, 1,000 yard season.

It makes little sense for Vick to win the 2010 award, as his "comeback"Â￾ to the NFL was in 2009, not 2010.

Good post. Affirmative action thrives at every level of American society. Wes was deserving. In truth, Vick should not even have been considered.