UFC 148 - Silva vs. Sonnen 2

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
After Round 1, Chael fought in the most foolish manner he possibly could against Silva. He’s always fought this way…that’s why he's amassed a staggering 12 total loses in his career. In upcoming bouts, perhaps he’ll be less likely to run his mouth until *after* he’s won the fight.

After all those hyper-arrogant interviews, after getting caught and then lying about his testosterone replacement therapy, after two years of predicting his own triumph and badmouthing his opponent’s fighting skills, family, friends, camp, and country of birth…all to get legitimately KO’d for the first time in his career?

Then, in the post-fight interview, Silva (after years of absorbing Sonnen’s incessant bragging and verbal abuse) didn’t seem to harbor any ill-will towards Chael and came off as the “classy Negro,” even inviting Sonnen to a post-fight “barbeque” at his house. Then, Chael, rightly embarrassed, referred to Silva as “the true champion.” It felt like I was watching some Jew-penned, Cultural Marxist Hollywood script being projectile-vomited onto the smiling, half-wit masses. Thanks, Chael, you really did us proud!

For what it’s worth, I think they stopped the fight a little too early…but I was watching an internet stream, which might not have been an accurate representation of Silva’s strikes to a grounded Sonnen.

Silva is now 37, and will likely retire with the championship belt…

Anderson-Silva-vs.-Chael-Sonnen.jpg

The Hock

Master
Disapointing, but hats off to Silva. He won with his creativity. That's why I've become a fan of MMA. There are so many way to win, as Silva has shown. And so many ways to lose, as Sonnen has demonstrated.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Silva's a good fighter, but there's alotta talented, upcoming White fighters (as Hawkeye keeps us advised on :).

As for Sonnen, he needs to stow the "pro wrasslin heel" schtick & find a better camp to hone his striking & sub defense.