UFC 148 - Silva vs. Sonnen 2

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Fellers, below is the card for UFC 148 from "Loss Wages"....

Main Card on Pay-Per-View
Weight ClassRed Cornervs.Blue CornerMethodRoundTimeNotes
Middleweight Anderson Silva (c)vs Chael Sonnen
Light Heavyweight Forrest Griffinvs Tito Ortiz
Middleweight Cung Levs Patrick Côté
Welterweight Dong Hyun Kimvs Demian Maia
Featherweight Chad Mendesvs Cody McKenzie
Bantamweight Ivan Menjivarvs Mike Easton
Preliminary Card on FX
LightweightGleison Tibau
vs Khabib Nurmagomedov
Lightweight Melvin Guillard
vs Fabrício Camões
MiddleweightConstantinos Philippou
vsRiki Fukuda
LightweightJohn Alessio
vsShane Roller
Preliminary Card on Facebook
LightweightRafaello Oliveira
vsYoislandy Izquierdo

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC148

***The ol' Destroy from Dixieland will be pullin for Sonnen, Griffin, Cote, Maia, McKenzie, Nurmagomedov & Philippou.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
How cool would it be to have both Klitschko and Sonnen stop their black opponents on the same day!

Zeus

Guru
How cool would it be to have both Klitschko and Sonnen stop their black opponents on the same day!

I think the Klitschko victory by KO is like 99,9% sure my friend. Now for Sonnen I don't know. He is one of my favourite American athletes and he has the kind of attitude I love, very rare for a white American dude to be so vocal and be so dynamic, but inside the Octagon he finally has to win a major title and dethrone this overrated Negro from Brazil. I hope he won't let me down, cause I plan to go out tonight and come back home early in the morning only so I can stay awake for this UFC card.

As for my friend Dixie, good picks my friend, I have great expectations from Constatinos Phillipou, I think if he gets 2-3 more big victories he will be in the mix for a title shot.

I don't know why you would ever root for Griffin tho. This self loathing white pig said after his fight with Anderson Silva " What a slow, sloppy white boy like me did in the ring with someone so fast and athletic like Silva?" (Not sure if these were his exact words, but I remember the disgust I felt reading his post fight interview)

I will root for white Mexican Ortiz anytime against someone like Griffin, at least Ortiz says he would smash Jones and Silva in the same day during his prime.......that's a manly attitude to me!

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Yes, Zeus, I think it will be a good night for our people.

I do cheer for Griffin, however. He has a very unique sense of humor and tries to make people laugh (though he is not very funny to me). I did see him wear a Confederate flag shirt recently and don't think he is a self-hating white person.

Forrest is past his prime and stupidly cuts to 205 from 250, however. But he should have enough to beat Ortiz.

Zeus

Guru
Damn man, I just get home like 15 min ago from a Saturday night out with my woman and common friends and i find a stream watching the last 3 minutes of Phillipou vs the Asian guy and I see Costas continuing the fight after a horrible eye poking (so bad his eye was bleeding from inside) and the great Greek-Cypriot continues screaming like another Spartan warrior, this was like a film or something, amazing demonstration of Greek fighting spirit, bravo Costa!

I also see my man Wladimir wins, but I was sure he would easily!

Any good stream of the UFC fights comrades? The ones I found are horrible!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Zeus, I pull for the White guy 100% of the time, unless he's an avowed race traitor. ;-)

BTW, good wins for Phillippou & Nurmagomedov. :D

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Maia walks thru the Korean! :smile:

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Griffin looked better than I have seen him in a while that first round. I guess Ortiz just doesn't have the power to hurt Forrest.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Griffin wins a unanimous decision.

Hope he fights someone like Bader, Bonnar or Gustaffson next as Griffin will lose to anyone in the top 10.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Oh well - Sonnen got caught. Hope Weidmann, Bisping, Belcher, Stann or some other white athlete can knock him off still.

Kaptain

Master
This is frustrating! What is this amatuer hour? A wrestler tries to get fancy and tries a spinning back fist followed by the turtle move. Was his trainer Brock Lesnar? Good grief.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Sonnen's only chance was keeping it on the mat. However, there's no doubt Silva was training takedown defense endlessly in camp. Once it stayed standing, I knew Chael would get TKO'd. Silva's striking far superior to Chael's. :-S However, Sonnen has now won 5 rounds (total) against Silva...more than any other UFC fighter.

Here's the full results...

Main Card on Pay-Per-View
Weight Classvs.MethodRoundTimeNotes
Middleweight Anderson Silva (c)vs Chael SonnenTKO (strikes)2[SUP]Note 1[/SUP]
Light Heavyweight
Forrest Griffindef. Tito OrtizUnanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)35:00[SUP]Note 2[/SUP]
Middleweight Cung Ledef. Patrick CôtéUnanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)35:00
Welterweight Demian Maiadef. Dong Hyun KimTKO (rib injury)10:47
Featherweight Chad Mendesdef. Cody McKenzieTKO (punches)10:31
Bantamweight Mike Eastondef. Ivan MenjivarUnanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27)35:00
Preliminary Card on FX
LightweightMelvin Guillarddef.Fabrício Camões
Unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)35:00
Lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedovdef.Gleison TibauUnanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)35:00
Middleweight Constantinos Philippoudef.Riki FukudaUnanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)35:00
LightweightShane Rollerdef.John AlessioUnanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)35:00
Preliminary Card on Facebook
LightweightRafaello Oliveiradef.Yoislandy IzquierdoUnanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)35:00

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Honestly Anderson does not impress me, he got dominated last time and with the exception of one good shot was losing this fight. Chael needs a new camp is what this performance tells me.

Anak

Mentor
Awesome spinning backfist by Sonnen, worked to perfection. Now we get to hear forever and a day how Anderson Silva is the greatest mix martial artist ever, because any prospects that might have a shot at him won't get to fight him before he retires.

Zeus

Guru
Numerous good streams here:

http://ilemi.me/

Mate thank you very much but once I wrote that message I was off to the bed, I was knocked out, I had too many ****tails last night hahaha.

From last night I saw only two fights and I was very satisfied from both, The new Fedor aka Nurmagomedov (what a beast man, P4P he makes Jon Jones looking ordinary) and my man Philippou. I don't know if I am being such an optimistic patriotic here, but if Dana protects the Greek man and give him a a couple good fights (with anyone at this point, wrestlers included) with top 10 fighters and Costas wins, then he's ready for Anderson Silva. I believe that Costas is one of the very few MMA fighters now who can out-strike Silva with his awesome boxing and powerful strikes. He has been impressive in his last 4 fights and he keeps getting better and better. In my eyes he's like 2 or 3 fights away from a title shot.

Zeus

Guru
I just watched Sonnen vs Silva and I remembered once again why I have no faith to westerners when it comes to combat sports, especially to white Americans. These guys lose before they enter the cage or ring. I do not believe there's a caste system in boxing or MMA or K-1 or any comat sport really, whites from the West, especially the US are having this loser mentality, especially when they fight against blacks. Sonnen is the most stupid and loser man on planet earth, he lost two fights he should have won by his wrestling skill easily.
If the UFC doesn't crew whites from Eastern Europe and especially from Russia, it will look like American Boxing very soon (If it doesn't already). I do not understand why guys like Gegard Mousasi or Shlemenko are not signed in the UFC anyways.

The last hopes from the west remaining are GSP, Dan Henderson (always a legend, but he lost from Rampage and Silva too), Junior Dos Santos (he's white to me) and some more I don't remember now. The UFC needs Eastern Euros, bad!

Hawkeye2

Mentor
To be honest with you a lot of the Europeans aren't very good. The Brits have put out a few good fighter, but for the most part have put out nothing but garbage fighters who pad their records. Russia and Poland probably have the biggest talent pool, but have a ways to go due to the fact that their is a lack of good trainers. Also most of those K-1 fighters have tried MMA and very few have done well.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Zeus,

Had Lesnar not gone thru diverticulitus & continue to train his striking + BJJ, I think he'd have beaten both "Mud Pride" & "Overroid". I think the surgery & anxiety took the fight out of Lesnar. Brock was on another level as far as power & athletic prowess.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I know it looks bleak but there are tons of very good and very young white prospects at all levels. And not very many Negro prospects.

Guys like Michael McDonald, Chris Weidman, Michael Chandler, Tyler East, Steffan Struve, Alex Gustaffson and Rory McDonald are all in their early 20s and will be champs someday.

All but one of the NCAA wrestling champs this year were white so that will mean an increasing supply of young white MMA fighters.