UFC 108 : Rashad vs. T.Silva

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Here's the card for UFC 108 in "Loss Wages", Saturday at 10PM ET (PPV)...

Main Card

* Light Heavyweight bout: Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva
* Welterweight bout: Dustin Hazelett vs. Paul Daley
* Lightweight bout: Joe Lauzon vs. Sam Stout
* Lightweight bout: Jim Miller vs. Duane Ludwig
* Heavyweight bout: Junior dos Santos vs. Gilbert Yvel

Spike TV Card

* Welterweight bout: Martin Kampmann vs. Jacob Volkman
* Lightweight bout: Cole Miller vs. Dan Lauzon

Preliminary Card

* Middleweight bout: Mark Munoz vs. Ryan Jensen
* Welterweight bout: Mike Pyle vs. Jake Ellenberger
* Lightweight bout: Rafaello Oliveira vs. John Gunderson

***I'll be pulling for Hazelett (vs. "afflete" Daley), Dos Santos (vs. "afflete" Yvel), Jensen (vs. Filipino Munoz), & Gunderson (vs. Oliveira).

UFC 108

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Would love to see Evans lose. Then there will be only one black - Anderson Silva - among the top 10 pound for pound MMA fighters.

Dos Santos and Hazelett should also represent us well in the caste matches against the great black jokes.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Yeh, I'd say Dos Santos is a "White" Brazilian...not quite as White as Maia, and about the same as Rafeal Assuncao. Those guys look Sicilian or Greek to me...not the AmerIndian Brazilian like Hermes Franca. I'll probably pull for The California Kid when he fights RA (because Faber's a White American), but pull for Dos Santos against Yvel...who's a major POS. The "afflete" has bitten opponents (DQ'd vs.Barkalaev), he raked Don Frye's eyes to avoid being taken down (& was DQ'd for grabbing the ropes), and in 2004 was DQ'd for not releasing a clinch (with Atte Backman) and then punching and kicking..THE REF!!! Talk about your TNB.
smiley21.gif
However, he's been beaten by several White fighters...Josh Barnett (sub'd via punches), Fedor's Red Devil team mate Roman Zentsov (via KO), Jeremy Horn, Igor Vovchanchyn (via sub...RNC) and to Dan Henderson.
smiley2.gif

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Hey Dixie, MMA is a violent sport and I would hate for it to become watered down like all the other sissy sports, but why wasn't Yvel kicked out for all of his TNB? Was he at least suspended or disciplined for his appalling behavior?

guest301

Hall of Famer
Kinda like Rashad Evans now after the suprisingly class act and good coach he was on TUF. I will root for him against the Brazilian Thiago Silva although I think Thiago will win the fight.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Freethinker said:
Hey Dixie, MMA is a violent sport and I would hate for it to become watered down like all the other sissy sports, but why wasn't Yvel kicked out for all of his TNB? Was he at least suspended or disciplined for his appalling behavior?

FT, in 2007, the NSAC refused to grant Yvel a license for Nevada because of his past TNB (thus his fight with Sergei Kharitonov had to be canceled). They still haven't given him a perm license, only a 1 fight deal. His fight this year with Josh Barnett was scheduled for CA, but due to his TNB there was debate over whether Yvel should be licensed (& he shouldn't have). However, the CA Exec Officer & Chief Athletic Inspector met with Yvel (probably only because he's an afflete & they didn't want to risk bad PR), & granted him a license. Had that been a White athlete (assuming one would ever pull such TNBS), he'd have been "black"balled from MMA forever.
smiley21.gif

***The UFC signed a 7 fight deal with Yvel, BUT I'm sure there's a clause included that they can cut him if he looses ___ amount of fights (i.e. - 2 consecutive fights, etc). So hopefully, he'll start 0-2 & get canned!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Here's the UFC 108 results thus far...

- Rafaello Oliveira vs. John Gunderson = Oliveira via UD.
smiley21.gif

- Mike Pyle vs. Jake Ellenberger = Ellenberger via via TKO/punches (R2).

- Mark Munoz vs. Ryan Jensen = Munoz via Sub/strikes (R1).
smiley6.gif

> Jensen made a mistake taking the fight to the ground as he was winning the striking battle. Munoz was exposed (via KO) by Matt Hammill, & thus dropped to 185. He'll soon get exposed again.

- Cole Miller vs. Dan Lauzon = Miller via sub/reverse triangle (R1).

- Martin Kampmann vs. Jacob Volkmann = Kampman via sub/choke (R1).

- Junior dos Santos vs. Gilbert Yvel = JDS via TKO/punches (R1).
smiley20.gif

> Yvel pulled his TNB & protested the stoppage...despite the fact he'd been dropped via left hook & JDS was pounding his head in on the mat.

- Jim Miller vs. Duane Ludwig = Miller via sub/armbar (R1).

- Joe Lauzon vs. Sam Stout = Stout via UD.

- Dustin Hazelett vs. Paul Daley = Daley via KO (R1).
smiley18.gif
smiley19.gif

> Hazelett has awesome BJJ, but questionable stand-up. Despite "Blow Rogaine's" pro-caste, pre-fight hyping of Daley's standup, the afflete's been exposed by White fighters like Nick Thompson, Jake Shields (via sub), James Nicholl (sub) & Pat Healy (via sub). He's been sub'd FIVE times (in addition to 1 TKO loss) & will be exposed if he fights a top level WW with ground skills + stand-up like John Fitch, Koscheck & GSP (who'd would slaughter this mug). Hughes & Serra would also take out this afrolete.

- Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva = Evans via UD.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Can someone explain to me why two straight ground fighters (Kampmann and Hazelet) tried to stand up with a pro kickboxer like Paul Daley? Let me let you in on a little secret. Daley is a pro kickboxer but has 8 losses in MMA. Take him down and he is a turtle on his back. Duh.

Now we have to live with another great black hype in UFC.

Glad to see Yvel get knocked out again though. How many chances does this guy get in the UFC?

I'm really disappointed in Hazlett, I mean how stupid can you be to stand with a pro kickboxer knowing well that your ground game is miles ahead of his. Kind of sad that black Rashad Evans has the discipline to ignore the boos from the drunken crowd and take down a superior striker, but Dustin Hazlett does not. He made the same mistake vs Josh Koscheck.

Edit: Thiago Silva is looking like a moron as well, came so close to finishing Rashad and decided to taunt instead. Not the kind of character you'd expect from white fightersEdited by: Guest

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Evans was out on his feet in the last round but Silva didn't capitalize on it. He started joking and clowning around.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Liverlips said:
Can someone explain to me why two straight ground fighters (Kampmann and Hazelet) tried to stand up with a pro kickboxer like Paul Daley? Let me let you in on a little secret. Daley is a pro kickboxer but has 8 losses in MMA. Take him down and he is a turtle on his back. Duh.

Now we have to live with another great black hype in UFC.

Glad to see Yvel get knocked out again though. How many chances does this guy get in the UFC?

Like I said...afflete Daley's been sub'd 5 times. They can try to hype him, but he's a one-dimensional fighter & WILL get exposed against an A-level WW.

Yvel has a 7 fight deal, but if he loses again...the UFC/Zuffa may reserve the right to cancel the contract. I'd imagine there's a clause where if afrolete Yvel loses 2-3 consecutive fights, they can 86 his sorry @$$.

j41181

Master
Silva is an idiot! Fight your OWN way, don't fight like the bruddas way. I assume he imagined he was Ali or something. A real fighter goes in for the kill, not fool around with taunts.

moose

Guru
do you guys consider thiago silva to be white? do you consider junior dos santos to be white?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Just wondering how you guys expected Hazelett to get Daley to the ground, on one hand, and then complain that Thiago fought Rashad's fight on the other.

Thiago couldn't keep the fight standing, even when he wanted to. Rashad's takedowns were too powerful. Rashad was an amateur wrestler. He set up his takedowns with feints and striking.

Hazelett isn't a wrestler, he is a BJJ black belt. All fights start on the feet and it takes some maneuvering to get a guy down, either like Rashad did or through clinching and single-leg takedowns. If Dustin had barged in he might have been KO'd just the same.

Don't know if you all are aware but Daley came in over weight. He was fined 10% of his purse by the SAC but Dana still awarded him knockout of the night, unlike in previous fights when he forbade an overweight fighter from any win bonuses.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
Silva is an idiot! Fight your OWN way, don't fight like the bruddas way. I assume he imagined he was Ali or something. A real fighter goes in for the kill, not fool around with taunts.

I think he was annoyed and was trying to coax Rashad in to standing with him rather than evading and using take downs.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Liverlips said:

Kampmann has more wins by knockout than submission. As far as I know he is more known for his standup than his grappling.

guest301

Hall of Famer
DixieDestroyer said:
Here's the UFC 108 results thus far...

- Rafaello Oliveira vs. John Gunderson = Oliveira via UD.
smiley21.gif

- Mike Pyle vs. Jake Ellenberger = Ellenberger via via TKO/punches (R2).

- Mark Munoz vs. Ryan Jensen = Munoz via Sub/strikes (R1).
smiley6.gif

> Jensen made a mistake taking the fight to the ground as he was winning the striking battle. Munoz was exposed (via KO) by Matt Hammill, & thus dropped to 185. He'll soon get exposed again.

- Cole Miller vs. Dan Lauzon = Miller via sub/reverse triangle (R1).

- Martin Kampmann vs. Jacob Volkmann = Kampman via sub/choke (R1).

- Junior dos Santos vs. Gilbert Yvel = JDS via TKO/punches (R1).
smiley20.gif

> Yvel pulled his TNB & protested the stoppage...despite the fact he'd been dropped via left hook & JDS was pounding his head in on the mat.

- Jim Miller vs. Duane Ludwig = Miller via sub/armbar (R1).

- Joe Lauzon vs. Sam Stout = Stout via UD.

- Dustin Hazelett vs. Paul Daley = Daley via KO (R1).
smiley18.gif
smiley19.gif

> Hazelett has awesome BJJ, but questionable stand-up. Despite "Blow Rogaine's" pro-caste, pre-fight hyping of Daley's standup, the afflete's been exposed by White fighters like Nick Thompson, Jake Shields (via sub), James Nicholl (sub) & Pat Healy (via sub). He's been sub'd FIVE times (in addition to 1 TKO loss) & will be exposed if he fights a top level WW with ground skills + stand-up like John Fitch, Koscheck & GSP (who'd would slaughter this mug). Hughes & Serra would also take out this afrolete.

- Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva = Evans via UD.

Thanks for the info on what fighters Daley has lost to because even a caste knowledgable guy like me was starting to buy into some of the hype though the 8 MMA losses on his record gave me pause.

jcolec02

Mentor
Im actually not that disappointed about Evans winning. I watched alot of TUF, as kind of started to like the guy.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Moose, I don't consider Thiago as White...he's more amerindian looking. JDS is a "White" Brazilian, but obviously not Aryan. Dos Santos looks as White as a Sicilian, Armenian, etc.

WS, Dana "Anti" White is such a hypocrite. First he signs tomato can Bimbo Lice after (rightly) bashing him endlessly. Then he signs a low-class vermin like Yvel. Now he awards KO of the night to a non weight-making Daley. I'm growing tired of Dana's mouth & caste push(es).

G301, I estimate Daley to get Koscheck next & get beat by TKO/G&P or submission. Daley is a one dimensional fighter.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Dixie, I'm tired of Dana, too, almost to the point of losing interest in the UFC altogether. They're setting up fights to make certain fighters look good and building story lines. It's too WWE-esque for me; I'm hoping Strikeforce can become a viable alternative for MMA in the long term.

jcolec02

Mentor
White Shogun said:
Dixie, I'm tired of Dana, too, almost to the point of losing interest in the UFC altogether. They're setting up fights to make certain fighters look good and building story lines. It's too WWE-esque for me; I'm hoping Strikeforce can become a viable alternative for MMA in the long term.
I wish they would bring PRIDE back
smiley2.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
jcolec02 said:
White Shogun said:
I wish they would bring PRIDE back
smiley2.gif

The UFC owns Pride and Pride doesn't exist anymore. Japan does have some other MMA companies, something called Dream---- just had a major PPV with about 20 fights on the card mostly filled with Asian fighters.