Types of Athleticism

JohnHarper

I’m posting 3 questions and would appreciate any feedback on any or all.

1.) I’m looking for articles (or posts) that address different types of athleticism. I remember reading some years ago (maybe it was posts) but have been unable to find it.

I remember there being a Wide Receiver or DB stereotype but that there were other types of strengths that made one better for Offensive Line (slow vs fast twitch?).

2.) Any articles showing specifically how (and possibly why) white players are purposefully looked over in major sports. In other words, a simple explanation and answer to the commonly held belief that the only reason certain races are represented on a large scale is simply because they are generally more capable. I remember articles and posts that show it’s much more nuanced (and complicated) than that.

3.) Are there any articles that go into the mental advantages of certain races in sports that make certain people more apt in certain positions such as managing a game as a QB or something related? In other words, certain mental advantages that certain races may have (typically).

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Did you even look at the Caste Football site before posting? The bottom two forums are under the heading "Understanding the Caste System in Sports," featuring "J. B. Cash's Column" and "Important Articles and Posts." There's also a search function here that works very well. You're asking some broad questions and if a poster or posters here want to take the time to answer you that's fine, but if you're a writer or researcher I suggest starting off by doing some research yourself as we have nearly half a million posts you can comb through, many of which touch on the topics you mention.

Here's a good primer article to begin with: https://castefootball.us/threads/the-racial-caste-system-in-sports.8644/

JohnHarper

Did you even look at the Caste Football site before posting? The bottom two forums are under the heading "Understanding the Caste System in Sports," featuring "J. B. Cash's Column" and "Important Articles and Posts." There's also a search function here that works very well. You're asking some broad questions and if a poster or posters here want to take the time to answer you that's fine, but if you're a writer or researcher I suggest starting off by doing some research yourself as we have nearly half a million posts you can comb through, many of which touch on the topics you mention.

Here's a good primer article to begin with: https://castefootball.us/threads/the-racial-caste-system-in-sports.8644/
Thanks for the reply. I will definitely look through some of those.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
"In the mid-'80s no athlete had a broader range of athletic skills than Danny Ainge, who, as an NBA All-Star guard, a near-scratch golfer and an infielder good enough to make the major leagues, was actually a better all-around athlete than Michael Jordan. Yet when Ainge was introduced as the coach of the Phoenix Suns last year, his predecessor Cotton Fitzsimmons used a familiar white stereotype to describe him. "He said it as a compliment, but this is typical: Danny wasn't a very talented athlete, but he got the most out of his ability," Ainge says. "You know, I could touch the top of the square [above the rim] in my young days and dunk. Unfortunately, athleticism in our society is all ranked on how fast you run and how high you jump. There's so much more to it than that.""

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
"In the mid-'80s no athlete had a broader range of athletic skills than Danny Ainge, who, as an NBA All-Star guard, a near-scratch golfer and an infielder good enough to make the major leagues, was actually a better all-around athlete than Michael Jordan. Yet when Ainge was introduced as the coach of the Phoenix Suns last year, his predecessor Cotton Fitzsimmons used a familiar white stereotype to describe him. "He said it as a compliment, but this is typical: Danny wasn't a very talented athlete, but he got the most out of his ability," Ainge says. "You know, I could touch the top of the square [above the rim] in my young days and dunk. Unfortunately, athleticism in our society is all ranked on how fast you run and how high you jump. There's so much more to it than that.""
Right jacknyc! What an ignorant statement by Fitzsimmons. Ainge is the only HS athlete ever to be named All-American in three-sports! Football, basketball, and baseball. If that's not athletic, I don't know what is! I didn't know he was a near scratch golfer. Thanks for sharing that.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
during the nfc championship game when they continually said that Purdy wasn’t fast or athletic and yet his 10yd split is .01 seconds different than Lamar Jackson’s .

This site has a bazillion examples of athletic whites being stereotyped as unathletic.

JohnHarper

Thanks for the replies so far. I will continue to look through the site. I have already found a number of helpful posts.

Having said that, I’d still welcome any answers to the specific questions above.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I remember reading that article when it was first published just stumbling on it. It was a huge apologia for the caste system if I remember correctly

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Just reading that url without re-reading the article after a long time, there's a valid point about Black athletes being hungrier and also being harder working at times, just like various White ethnic groups were after they came to this country. White athletes in the main Caste sports now have to get that hunger and desire back as they have to clearly be better than their Black counterparts to get a shot in the NFL and NBA, and often not even then (see McClung, Mac for a good current example).

Eastern European athletes seem to be psychologically stronger than White American athletes, though I do think White Americans are starting to respond better to the circumstances under which they must operate as the full extent and agenda of The Great Replacement is becoming more evident by the day. Psychologically everything is meant to work in favor of blacks, but that doesn't mean White Americans can't respond appropriately by understanding the system and then doing what it takes to succeed in spite of the roadblocks we/they face. White ethnicity is almost meaningless now as the various European groups assimiliated and mixed over several generations, but the cultural communists are unwittingly driving an overall resurgence of general White identity and resistance and there's no reason we can't see a renaissance in football, basketball and track in the coming years, esp. with the black talent pool clearly declining.

So John Harper, what's your opinion on the topics you raised?

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Since the SI article was written, white Europeans have had a significant impact on the NBA, even at the highest levels.
Because they don't grow up with blacks, these Europeans aren't 'pushed out' or intimidated into not participating, as many white kids are (per the article). They don't have to deal with the stereotype that 'they don't belong', as mentioned by Kevin Little the sprinter in the article.
And so they develop and flourish, some of them to the very highest levels.

Last edited:
These posts might be of interest to you:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
One type of athleticism that is never talked about these days, is hand-eye coordination.
It's essential in baseball, basketball, and hockey. Football to a lesser degree.
I remember someone - Red Auerbach or Bobby Knight - saying that Larry Bird had the best hand-eye coordination of any player he'd ever seen.

during the nfc championship game when they continually said that Purdy wasn’t fast or athletic and yet his 10yd split is .01 seconds different than Lamar Jackson’s .

This site has a bazillion examples of athletic whites being stereotyped as unathletic.
I've seen this floating around here and other places, but it seems to be misinformation. While Purdy's 10 yard split is indeed impressive (90th percentile for QBs), we don't actually know Lamar's 10 yard split because he didn't run the 40 at the combine. This comparison refers to Saquon Barkley's 10 yard split, not Lamar's. Still an effective comparison.

JohnHarper

Just reading that url without re-reading the article after a long time, there's a valid point about Black athletes being hungrier and also being harder working at times, just like various White ethnic groups were after they came to this country. White athletes in the main Caste sports now have to get that hunger and desire back as they have to clearly be better than their Black counterparts to get a shot in the NFL and NBA, and often not even then (see McClung, Mac for a good current example).

Eastern European athletes seem to be psychologically stronger than White American athletes, though I do think White Americans are starting to respond better to the circumstances under which they must operate as the full extent and agenda of The Great Replacement is becoming more evident by the day. Psychologically everything is meant to work in favor of blacks, but that doesn't mean White Americans can't respond appropriately by understanding the system and then doing what it takes to succeed in spite of the roadblocks we/they face. White ethnicity is almost meaningless now as the various European groups assimiliated and mixed over several generations, but the cultural communists are unwittingly driving an overall resurgence of general White identity and resistance and there's no reason we can't see a renaissance in football, basketball and track in the coming years, esp. with the black talent pool clearly declining.

Don asked: “So John Harper, what's your opinion on the topics you raised?”

On a public forum, let’s just say I’m looking into this.

I will say that I agree that there appears to be roadblocks (as you mentioned) to certain athletes making it, a media narrative that promotes certain views (as also stated above), and agree generally with some of the other sentiments stated on this thread.

JohnHarper

These posts might be of interest to you:
Thanks sir!

JohnHarper

M
Since the SI article was written, white Europeans have had a significant impact on the NBA, even at the highest levels.
Because they don't grow up with blacks, these Europeans aren't 'pushed out' or intimidated into not participating, as many white kids are (per the article). They don't have to deal with the stereotype that 'they don't belong', as mentioned by Kevin Little the sprinter in the article.
And so the develop and flourish, some of them to the very highest levels.
Not only has the NBA landscape changed (Luka, Jokic, etc), but depending on the date of the article, you have the boxing of the 2000s (granted most Americans only know of smaller weight, African Americans like Mayweather) with domination by White Europeans, and also the rise of MMA in the 2000s (Pride, UFC, Bellator).

M

Not only has the NBA landscape changed (Luka, Jokic, etc), but depending on the date of the article, you have the boxing of the 2000s (granted most Americans only know of smaller weight, African Americans like Mayweather) with domination by White Europeans, and also the rise of MMA in the 2000s (Pride, UFC, Bellator).
Honestly I believe the sport landscape will change more and more in the coming years. Now I haven't kept track like many others have on this site. But it seems like we have more boys and girls rising in track than ever before. With many of them being American born athletes on top of great athletes from Europe and Australia too. The NFL might have 3 CBs next year with 2 starting. On top of LBs and DEs. Also the NBA with many guys currently in college looking great and of course guys like Cooper Flagg. I have no idea how these sports looked even 6 years ago when it came down to our guys, but definitely seems way better now than ever especially in Track and Basketball.

wile

Master

Hungrier seems to always exist, back in the late 80s while working heavy and highway construction I had a supervisor that got a full ride in football from Nebraska. So he spent his summer in the Chicago burbs doing suburban stuff then goes to practice and as he put it those farm boys didn't get the summer off to drink beer and chase girls and they whooped his butt. And as a Chicago Polish friend said don't worry about black athletic superiority, they eat crap and are lazy and they too will fall from grace.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Welcome to the site. I posted this article a few weeks back when the demise of Sports Illustrated was being discussed in another thread. It provides a framework of the Caste System and overall fervent anti-Whiteness in sports. As Don mentioned their are plenty of threads and posts on this site going back 20 years now documenting everything you are asking about.

https://vault.si.com/vault/1997/12/...-male-is-dropping-out-of-the-athletic-mainstr

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I’m posting 3 questions and would appreciate any feedback on any or all.

1.) I’m looking for articles (or posts) that address different types of athleticism. I remember reading some years ago (maybe it was posts) but have been unable to find it.

I remember there being a Wide Receiver or DB stereotype but that there were other types of strengths that made one better for Offensive Line (slow vs fast twitch?).

2.) Any articles showing specifically how (and possibly why) white players are purposefully looked over in major sports. In other words, a simple explanation and answer to the commonly held belief that the only reason certain races are represented on a large scale is simply because they are generally more capable. I remember articles and posts that show it’s much more nuanced (and complicated) than that.

3.) Are there any articles that go into the mental advantages of certain races in sports that make certain people more apt in certain positions such as managing a game as a QB or something related? In other words, certain mental advantages that certain races may have (typically).
Welcome JH.

There is a NY tristate area sports writer with the same name who I’ve listened to on various radio spots over the years. Coincidental name, a fan, or him in the flesh? I don’t expect you to answer if you are, as this is a public forum, but figured I’d point that out to anyone curious since you could have chose any random anonymous name.

JohnHarper

Welcome JH.

There is a NY tristate area sports writer with the same name who I’ve listened to on various radio spots over the years. Coincidental name, a fan, or him in the flesh? I don’t expect you to answer if you are, as this is a public forum, but figured I’d point that out to anyone curious since you could have chose any random anonymous name.
Freethinker,

Thanks for the welcome. I’ve enjoyed gleaning from this site.

I assure you that I am not that writer.