Transfer Portal News

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
UVA QB Brennan Armstrong enters the portal. Should end up starting at a P5 school next year - great player caught in the wrong scheme once the new head coach took over.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Some other QBs hitting the portal:

QB Luke Altmyer Ole Miss
QB Connor Bazelak Indiana
QB Brett Gabbert Miami OH
QB John Paddock Ball State
QB Christian Veilleux Penn St

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Ball State RB Carson Steele enters the transfer portal. Curious to see where he ends up and if he makes a good decision.

jphoss

Mentor
could be one of the unintended consequences of this transfer portal now. Discriminated White high school players go to small school, dominate and then parlay that into a bigger college opportunity

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Ball State RB Carson Steele enters the transfer portal. Curious to see where he ends up and if he makes a good decision.

Not sure how I feel about this. I understand not making Bowl games and being in a smaller conference makes it even
harder to get the attention of NFL Scouts but he is simply too incredibly talented to ignore. Ball State has supported him
and helped him to achieve his stardom. Granted he had little talent around himself. While that is sad it also allowed him to
become a superstar! Will a new team give him 20 to 25 carries a game? Not sure but I would hope so. My hope is that he
comes to play for either Wisconsin or Iowa. Granted they don't have a qb that is established yet but they are trying to get there.
They both have outstanding defenses and if they get any type of passing game he will benefit from it. Regardless of is they
have a better passing game, he will play in Bowl Games and get National Recognition that he could never get at Ball St.

So for his NFL future it is probably a good move even if he gets alot less carries. He will get to play on national tv and everyone
should know his name like with Gerhart and McCaffrey. Maybe Stanford would be a good choice but they have really struggled
too. I do know this. Carson Steele needs to go to a Major Big Time Division 1A College Progam that will have him continue to
be the man. Let's hope for the best and that where ever he ends up at it helps to boost his career!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
A lot of star power in the transfer Portal! Pretty shocked to see Steele in there.

Rocky B

Master
Not sure how I feel about this. I understand not making Bowl games and being in a smaller conference makes it even
harder to get the attention of NFL Scouts but he is simply too incredibly talented to ignore. Ball State has supported him
and helped him to achieve his stardom. Granted he had little talent around himself. While that is sad it also allowed him to
become a superstar! Will a new team give him 20 to 25 carries a game? Not sure but I would hope so. My hope is that he
comes to play for either Wisconsin or Iowa. Granted they don't have a qb that is established yet but they are trying to get there.
They both have outstanding defenses and if they get any type of passing game he will benefit from it. Regardless of is they
have a better passing game, he will play in Bowl Games and get National Recognition that he could never get at Ball St.

So for his NFL future it is probably a good move even if he gets alot less carries. He will get to play on national tv and everyone
should know his name like with Gerhart and McCaffrey. Maybe Stanford would be a good choice but they have really struggled
too. I do know this. Carson Steele needs to go to a Major Big Time Division 1A College Progam that will have him continue to
be the man. Let's hope for the best and that where ever he ends up at it helps to boost his career!
Selfishly, I’d like to see him stay. So I can watch him crush. I predict Big 10.....Many people have been in his ear or he would not have made this decision.....

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Selfishly, I’d like to see him stay. So I can watch him crush. I predict Big 10.....Many people have been in his ear or he would not have made this decision.....
Yes but it could backfired. Max Borghi was told to go for the money a year early. Borghi was told he would be drafted so he left college.
I don't blame him as he had some injuries and probably was afraid of having more and killing his chance for the NFL. Well the whole
situation stinks. Borghi was told wrong and he should have stayed. Oh though I don't know what else he could do to prove he was worthy
of a legitimate nfl shot. Still am sick to my stomach thinking about how bad he was screwed!

Back to Carson Steele. Yes I can see him ending up in the Big Ten or the Pac Twelve. Can you imagine if he went to Clemson and they had
that 1/2 combo of Steele and Shipley? That would be crazy but I would rather not see it happen as they would fight each other for the
carries. They both need to shine to get to the next level as the number 1 running back!

El Gringo

Mentor
I don’t understand wth Strong is thinking! He should have stayed have stayed put at and ball st been the man. Now he will probably be splitting touches at a bigger school. He will get screwed.

Phall

Master
A established running back can realistically expect several hundred thousand dollars in “NIL” money per season to be offered by transfer suitors. White running backs are extremely marketable to white donors and alums - Steele could potentially clear another $100k+ in legitimate self-promotion, ie signing autographs, endorsing local businesses, etc. He will face the exact same biases from the NFL regardless of his college stats. Might as well try to make a million dollars as an amateur before getting screwed as a pro.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
The odds of a white guy starting at one program being successful and not trying to transfer are going to continue to decrease. I’m with you. May as well get paid while you can, it isn’t as though Ball State is an amazing academic school, it’s just a middle of the road state school. Sure they gave him a shot, but if you were his dad who would advise him differently?

white is right

Hall of Famer
A established running back can realistically expect several hundred thousand dollars in “NIL” money per season to be offered by transfer suitors. White running backs are extremely marketable to white donors and alums - Steele could potentially clear another $100k+ in legitimate self-promotion, ie signing autographs, endorsing local businesses, etc. He will face the exact same biases from the NFL regardless of his college stats. Might as well try to make a million dollars as an amateur before getting screwed as a pro.
There are so many talented running backs who only play a few games in the NFL and then it's off to Kinkos and resume printing and pounding the pavement. You have to chase the money I feel sorry for guys who couldn't pursue their share of the pie over the years who this happened to and now have some financial issues due to medical costs of playing football..

Phall

Master
North Carolina coach Mack Brown is alleging that 15 different teams have contacted "one of his players" (clearly QB Drake Maye) and offered him over a million dollars to relocate immediately. Mack Brown is a coward though and won't name the schools.

I have no sympathy for Mack Brown or North Carolina, as they frankly should have had the entire program nuked when it was discovered that they were paying non-teachers to hold imaginary classes to give black athletes A-grades.

El Gringo

Mentor
The odds of a white guy starting at one program being successful and not trying to transfer are going to continue to decrease. I’m with you. May as well get paid while you can, it isn’t as though Ball State is an amazing academic school, it’s just a middle of the road state school. Sure they gave him a shot, but if you were his dad who would advise him differently?

I didn’t even think about a NIL deal. If Steele can get a six figure check more power to him. He could also make the wrong choice in schools get totally hosed like we’ve seen so often. I dont put alot of trust in donors and administrators looking out for the well being of a blond hair blue eyed runningback.

Last edited:

Warhawk_46

Master
I don’t know about this move… Ball State, while smaller, was giving him the opportunity to be the focal point. Colleges are few and far between that give a white man the opportunity to feature and star.

I’m hopeful but very skeptical of this move… could end up hindering his NFL draft status.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Some other QBs hitting the portal:

QB Luke Altmyer Ole Miss
QB Connor Bazelak Indiana
QB Brett Gabbert Miami OH
QB John Paddock Ball State
QB Christian Veilleux Penn St
Not that most here care, but look for DJ Uiagalelei to enter the transfer portal. Maybe UCLA. I believe his younger brother is at UCLA. The only reason I mention it is someone asked in one of my earlier posts where he would move on to. He still has a year of eligibility as he will graduate in the fall. Also, he seems like a good young man. He's well-respected among his coaches and teammates. Never been in the least bit of trouble and will graduate early. However, Clemson is Cade Klubnik's team now.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Not that most here care, but look for DJ Uiagalelei to enter the transfer portal. Maybe UCLA. I believe his younger brother is at UCLA. The only reason I mention it is someone asked in one of my earlier posts where he would move on to. He still has a year of eligibility as he will graduate in the fall. Also, he seems like a good young man. He's well-respected among his coaches and teammates. Never been in the least bit of trouble and will graduate early. However, Clemson is Cade Klubnik's team now.

I just don't think he is a very good QB - especially considering the amount of hype he got. Remember all the "experts" were saying he was better than Trevor Lawrence. I guess more of my disdain should be targeted all the "experts" rather than Uiagalelei because he does seem to be have a solid head on his shoulders when compared to most. He didn't really ask for the hype. I've also heard the PSU QB Christian Veilleux might be on the Bruins radar.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I think they should just drop the pretense of academics and create a football major and let these guys switch whenever. It’s been obvious for years that d1 football is just the minor league for the nfl, so let’s call a spade a spade. Maybe if they did that the on the field product might actually improve.

I mean how many d1 football players are legit student athletes?? 10-30 percent max ?

Instead of wasting time on some throwaway major let them study the game and practice more.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Badgers DE Tristan Monday transfers back home to AZ State. Bummed about that one, he'll dominate there.

*Also Guard Michael Furtney, an off and on starter has entered the portal. He'd be a good get to shore up a line for a year.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
NC State QB Devin Leary enters the portal. ACC has been pretty crazy with so many QBs hitting the portal. Curious to see if Miami QB Tyler Van Dyke enters - I think he should.